• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
in case you didnt notice most of what you guys say is opinion too...hell these whole boards are opinion. But he at least took the time to write out a good argument and all you have to say is "nope you suck so its not true" i cant believe some people are like this all the time...
So, we should take our time to write out for every little person that comes in here?

We got links and the front page for a reason.

They can find it themselves and see why we believe Geno is going to be in.

Other than that, it seems like they are just haters without a reason

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
the guy was stating his opinion and you completly brushed him off cause he disagreed with you. THAT IS ALL YOU GUYS DO!!!! if someone doesnt agree you either flame them or ignore them till the get sick of it. And you know what im sick of this bull**** to im cant wait till this jackoff gets deconfirmed.
Why should we argue? There is no point. It's not like we're going to change his mind.

I'm being excluded from the Alliance.. I'm probably just going to go support solo.. :(
What do you mean by that? Your not on the Wiki?

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Why should we argue? There is no point. It's not like we're going to change his mind.

I agree

What do you mean by that? Your not on the Wiki?
I was.. I got taken off.. all the stuff I added about my contributions and stuff got deleted.. I thought we were aloud to add stuff about ourselves?

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
why have the thread anymore if all its for is for you guys to say "WOOT GENO 4 BRAWL!!!!" arenet these threads supposed to be for debates?
It was, but the people keep coming back saying the same thing over and over and we've argued the same thing over and over. It's not like anyone has brought any new evidence and we wrote out everything we can link to counter their arguement.

The thread was actually made to talk about Geno in Brawl and how he would act. It's not like arguing is going to change anyone's mind, especially when they are dead set on what they believe.

Whatever. People, we need to get back on topic. I still think Geno beam should be thin and controllable, acting like Master hands beam except only one, and of course controllable

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I got msn.. Let's hope you got that. As for creating a forum..no. Unles you mean like a topic here xD
nope sorry and I do mean creating a forum =p

As for debating...the_Capt_Falcon_Master look back to all the haters post, they all say the same thing, if you want us to waste our time saying the same thing over and over go ahead but Im with Psycho on this, we got links and reasearch done and if they refuse to educate themselves on the topic at hand that's their narrow-minded problem

As for his Beam it should go one 1 only.

I edit it most of the time, what was taken off?

hmm.. I believe I had a thing about Smithy being a boss for SE. And I had me being from GameFAQs.

You sure? You've always been added under SWF also I don't remember there being Smithy as a boss section or else it would have been added under FUN

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
People come into a Geno thread and think that they are going to change the entire threads 'occupants' with a few paragraphs of opinions? Yeah... That went over well.

People will form their own opinion. Why get mad that we want and believe that Geno should and could be in Brawl? Does it really upset people to the point that they must 'throw a fit' and begin to spend their time writing out more opinions. Then, when ignored, cry another river? Please, just go somewhere else and talk positive about things, not negative.

Anyway, to get back to Geno, we should be excited. This thread has caused many to become angry. Sakurai has mentioned Geno in his journal entries. Saki(I think this is his name) was added as an AT. He wasn't even mentioned by Sakurai in his journal entries(from what I know. Please, correct me if I am wrong.). If Sakurai added this character because of popularity, and Geno was high on the poll and mentioned in journal entries, then why should we not be excited about Geno's chances? Of course, this is partially opinioned based. I mean, the people who voted wanted Geno(opinion of the people), Sakurai mentioned Geno in his journal entries(Sakurai's opinions), and Super Mario RPG is coming to the VC for the people to play(opinion by the people because it is the 'most requested VC game.' If I am wrong, please correct me). Be excited about Geno's chances. I'm not going to mention the rumor of the SMRPG2 simply because it is a rumor. Other than that, however, why should we not be excited?

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
nope sorry and I do mean creating a forum =p

As for debating...the_Capt_Falcon_Master look back to all the haters post, they all say the same thing, if you want us to waste our time saying the same thing over and over go ahead but Im with Psycho on this, we got links and reasearch done and if they refuse to educate themselves on the topic at hand that's their narrow-minded problem

As for his Beam it should go one 1 only.

I edit it most of the time, what was taken off?

hmm.. I believe I had a thing about Smithy being a boss for SE. And I had me being from GameFAQs.

You sure? You've always been added under SWF also I don't remember there being Smithy as a boss section or else it would have been added under FUN
I should be under GameFAQs but it don't matter, leave me where i am. As for Smithy, I remember typing some huge article about it. Maybe it didn't save correctly on the webpage? Meh, oh well.. I'll have to do it again sometime.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Alright if you want.

And I'm sorry but I don't remember a Boss section.

Anyways I updated our article and we're got a member from dA!

As for Geno's Alts

Should they be...

His armors or colors like Marios?

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Alright if you want.

And I'm sorry but I don't remember a Boss section.

Anyways I updated our article and we're got a member from dA!

As for Geno's Alts

Should they be...

His armors or colors like Marios?
hs different armors, like fire and sailor capes. They are cooler.

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, just checking in.
I hope to God they at least announce a new character tomorrow. It's been so long now!.... Man I hope I don't say the wrong thing. I got some PM's telling me about whats on the go here. Why on Earth would they ban this thread?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Ill inform u in a PM, others please don't respond to this.

Anyways 1 vote for armors, anyone else?

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
I don't care if Geno has different armors or whatever, as long as he has a black one so that he can be Dark Geno. :)

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice
Okay, thanks.

As for armors I think they should just give him different colors. They'd be going too far if they gave him completely different things, like the Sailor's Cape, etc.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Okay, thanks.

As for armors I think they should just give him different colors. They'd be going too far if they gave him completely different things, like the Sailor's Cape, etc.
They are just recolors anyway, I don't see a problem with them giving him different armors.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Jimmy most of what you said there was opinion....
Such as? Listen, I'm not trolling as some less apreciative people around here claim. I'm merely stating fact.

Fact:
It costs money and game rights to get a character in

Fact:
A character more well known will attract more customers than one that's less well known

Fact:
Characters that have been in retro games aren't as well known as ones that aren't.

Fact:
Characters that don't have their own series aren't as well known as ones that do.

Fact:
Characters that have only been in one game aren't as well known asones that do.

Fact:
Geno has been in only one retro game that wasn't his series where he was a secondary character and is third party.

Fact:
If a character is less known he will make less profit that characters that are.

Fact:
Nintendo cares primarily about profit.

Well, absolutely all of those were indisputable facts that all point to Geno having insanely slim chances.

'Nuff said.

ScubaGoomba

Smash Apprentice
I don't see many of the armors being implemented, really, with the exception of maybe the Fire Cape (that was the name, right?) as a red alternate costume. The theme seems to be color orientation, with each character also getting one "special" costume (Peach gets Daisy, Fox gets Wolf, Mario gets Fire Flower, etc.).

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
I like a good challenge

Let me just say this, having read Jimmy's post, one thing I've never liked about you anti-geno people is that your arguments and points never go anywhere. You start your argument with one point, but in the end you want to get into another point or you just repeat yourselves when you have nothing to say.

Example:

"Geno doesn't derseve to get in"

We tell you why he would, then:

"Geno is not from nintendo"

We respond as him being 2.5 party, then:

"There are more deserving characters than Geno"

We agree, disagree, in the end we say each character is equally capable of doing so; then:

"Geno is not popular"

We tell you to look at the polls, look at the fanbase, then out of nowhere:

"Geno doesn't deserve to get in" OR "Geno suxors, OMG!?! **** youu he's not going to get in"

.....?????

You're arguments go nowhere, you just repeat yourselves, despite us already giving you a response to each argument. Then some of you just start flaming for no reason. It's ok to be anti-geno, you have your reasons, just as we have ours for being pro-geno. But at least give a more well put argument. What some of you have said is no different from what I've heard from other anti geno people.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I personally don't like geno, but I want him in brawl so that I can beat him up with diddy kong or.. dare I say it? NESS!

Geno for brawl!! :p

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice
GUYSSSSSS. Stop arguing, it's childish.
If you don't believe that Geno should be in the game then why the hell are you in this thread. Your attempts at trying to piss us off are phail.

HEY. GUYS. Someone want to inform me of what role Geno played in Superstar Saga? I never played that game before. =\

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Such as? Listen, I'm not trolling as some less apreciative people around here claim. I'm merely stating fact.

Fact:
It costs money and game rights to get a character in

Only if 3rd Party, due to a loophole Geno is Second Party. A geno hater even looked into this.
Fact:
A character more well known will attract more customers than one that's less well known

Sakurai isn't about who is popular. FACT

Fact:
Characters that have been in retro games aren't as well known as ones that aren't.

True.

Fact:
Characters that don't have their own series aren't as well known as ones that do.

Characters that are retro aren't as well know, FACT.

Fact:
Characters that have only been in one game aren't as well known asones that do.

IC, Lucas, Ness, Roy(His game was after melee), Shiek...etc.

Fact:
Geno has been in only one retro game that wasn't his series where he was a secondary character and is third party.

See loophole and Geno is important to the plot that he had to collect the stars (See my past posts about star collecting being important.)

Fact:
If a character is less known he will make less profit that characters that are.

Not a fact. Due to Geno's rights S/E has a set amount for him set all Nintendo has to do is either pay or give credit.

Fact:
Nintendo cares primarily about profit.

Not all true, we don't know that for sure, hell Sakurai is even naming this a FAN SERVICE GAME.

Well, absolutely all of those were indisputable facts that all point to Geno having insanely slim chances.

Or decent to high chances

'Nuff said.
What you said.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I personally don't like geno, but I want him in brawl so that I can beat him up with diddy kong or.. dare I say it? NESS!

Well that's nice.

But I think you need therapy.

Regardless, Geno for Brawl!

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
GUYSSSSSS. Stop arguing, it's childish.
If you don't believe that Geno should be in the game then why the hell are you in this thread. Your attempts at trying to piss us off are phail.

HEY. GUYS. Someone want to inform me of what role Geno played in Superstar Saga? I never played that game before. =\
He makes a cameo and explains how to play a minigame.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

All of the Geno haters should think like this...

That's how I'm tolerating Sonic's appearance in this game. I will beat the **** out of him.:p

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
jimmy, one thing you don't understand, is that obscurity is a good thing as Sakurai likes it. if he puts Geno in the game, he advertises Super Mario RPG. it's bigger than Pit's games, at least. logic fails.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Let me just say this, having read Jimmy's post, one thing I've never liked about you anti-geno people is that your arguments and points never go anywhere. You start your argument with one point, but in the end you want to get into another point or you just repeat yourselves when you have nothing to say.

Example:

"Geno doesn't derseve to get in"

We tell you why he would, then:

"Geno is not from nintendo"

We respond as him being 2.5 party, then:
Irrelevant. Geno's rights are held officially by Square and Nintendo would still have to fenagle with them to get him in Brawl, whatever you deside to designate him as is, as I have stated, irrelevant.

"There are more deserving characters than Geno"

We agree, disagree, in the end we say each character is equally capable of doing so; then:
Really, It's not my place to say who's better, I'm not saying hes bad, in fact I'd love to see him in Brawl, it's just not likely.

"Geno is not popular"

We tell you to look at the polls, look at the fanbase, then out of nowhere:
A meager cult following means nothing to a corporation, it doesn't really matter if you "wish" he was in, the matter of the fact is that in order for him to get in Nintendo will have to slice up rights for what might be the best game for the Wii to Square, and the payoff will be meager. In the end, his chances are astronamically low.

"Geno doesn't deserve to get in" OR "Geno suxors, OMG!?! **** youu he's not going to get in"
Never once have I ever said he won't get in, his chances are just so low that there's really no point in holding out hope, I mean Rayman has better chances of getting in than him.

You're arguments go nowhere, you just repeat yourselves, despite us already giving you a response to each argument. Then some of you just start flaming for no reason. It's ok to be anti-geno, you have your reasons, just as we have ours for being pro-geno. But at least give a more well put argument. What some of you have said is no different from what I've heard from other anti geno people.
Flaming my friend? I'm merely making an injection of fact to a previously dull collection of one sided conversationalists.

My statements are goingg somewhere, in a way you don't like however, but a direction, and that direction is of fact, Geno's chances, no matter how much you denie it are slim, but there is a slight chance, yet however unlikely.

'Nuff said.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
All of the Geno haters should think like this...

That's how I'm tolerating Sonic's appearance in this game. I will beat the **** out of him.:p
Dude... Sonic is going to be my main... Don't beat him to a pulp.

Oh well, as long as you support a character. Even if you want to beat him to a pulp, it is still support!

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
jimmy, one thing you don't understand, is that obscurity is a good thing as Sakurai likes it. if he puts Geno in the game, he advertises Super Mario RPG. it's bigger than Pit's games, at least. logic fails.
It doesn't matter if SMRPG goes back on the market for the Wii for all that's happened, and it won't matter if Sakurai is desperately in love with Geno, his chances are still low, and as anyone in head of a large production such as this knows that making such a blunder is a huge mistake, first off here's what would need to happen to revive Geno.

1. Create another SMRPG with Geno.

2. Hope it becomes popular, possibly advertising.

Honestly, all of that effort, a revival of his character just for one charactter to get in Brawl when it would be so muc easier to get a more popular character, like Megaman for a fraction of the effort?

'Nuff said.

KritikalError

Smash Apprentice
A phail atempt at being cool.
*Sigh*.

Just, stfu. If you don't want him, cool. We don't care how much proof you find about Geno not being in, or any sort of contradictions or whatever. It's just cool to discuss Geno, and the moves he can have, the clothes he'll wear, etc. This forum ISN'T about finding reasons as to why he shouldn't be in the game. It's the opposite, really.

kthxbai.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Um... yeah... seriously.

What benefits did Sakurai have putting the Ice Climbers in Melee? He did it because he was interested in them and they were unique. Sakurai's the director of the game, and if he wants Geno in that's all that matters.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno for Brawl...Over 10,000!!!

I think the beam should be controllable for uniqueness and realism.

Think about it, the other way it's not unique at all...maybe even a little too powerful actually.

A thin controllable beam seems realistic...

Top Bottom