• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Hey, hey, hey, STOP ARGUING! It's NOT THAT BIG A DEAL. LET. IT. GO!

Anyway, getting back on topic, I don't think this new update hurts Geno's chances at all. We already knew Saki was an AT.

And would someone care to explain how this update makes the journal entries obsolete? Obviously, if Sakurai was willing to respond to emails about certain characters that would show more interest in that particular character, right?
If I were to say Geno 4 AT it would be a big deal its all about being biased so of course to some people its a big deal. I really wanted Lyn to be a PC not Ike.

Anyways think about it.

Saki was requested among the japanese but probably was a AT since he didn't want to only put in Japanese characters. Saki is 3rd party. He was popular among fans.

Similiar to Geno only difference being Geno is outside of Japan since he had his game in other areas, America, Europe...etc.

Also If Sakurai's poll was legit, why wasn't Sonic on there? That point being made we can't rely on the poll anymore as evidence, we have to use the melee poll since its more legit and some of the characters from there are in Brawl, so its logically that poll we use as a basis rather then 4 or 5 entries.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Couldn't an uppercut just be an up attack or something rather than a special?
It could but think aobut it. The uppercut could bring him back up to the stage like Mario's or Luigi b up move.

I swear Loooni if you're going to tell me u hate me double posting...

Hong

The Strongest
For people on the last page, remember that we Genolytes do not flame or fight! We give each other cookies, play four square and sing campfire songs! But keep Geno away from the campfire, don't want him combusting before he is revealed on the DOJO!!. T.T

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It could but think aobut it. The uppercut could bring him back up to the stage like Mario's or Luigi b up move.

I swear Loooni if you're going to tell me u hate me double posting...
That would be a little too close to their's, even if he has no coins. His up B should look more magical, mystic or something...

For people on the last page, remember that we Genolytes do not flame or fight! We give each other cookies, play four square and sing campfire songs! But keep Geno away from the campfire, don't want him combusting before he is revealed on the DOJO!!. T.T
Exactly

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
If I were to say Geno 4 AT it would be a big deal its all about being biased so of course to some people its a big deal. I really wanted Lyn to be a PC not Ike.

Anyways think about it.

Saki was requested among the japanese but probably was a AT since he didn't want to only put in Japanese characters. Saki is 3rd party. He was popular among fans.

Similiar to Geno only difference being Geno is outside of Japan since he had his game in other areas, America, Europe...etc.

Also If Sakurai's poll was legit, why wasn't Sonic on there? That point being made we can't rely on the poll anymore as evidence, we have to use the melee poll since its more legit and some of the characters from there are in Brawl, so its logically that poll we use as a basis rather then 4 or 5 entries.
Allow me to rephrase: Not a big enough deal to get this thread shut down.

My guess as to the main reasons Saki was AT'd is because, like Samurai Goroh, he wouldn't be able to offer enough new gameplay options to get him a spot. Japanese exclusivity doesn't help his case, either.

Geno also has the advantage of being from a MARIO game. Sin and Punishment didn't really have any links to Nintendo, unlike Super MARIO RPG.

And Sonic WAS mentioned, just in interviews rather than journals. Also, he was supposedly supposed to have been in Melee but was cut for time restraints (don't know if this is really true, but it's an argument), and therefore didn't really need to be mentioned.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Allow me to rephrase: Not a big enough deal to get this thread shut down.

My guess as to the main reasons Saki was AT'd is because, like Samurai Goroh, he wouldn't be able to offer enough new gameplay options to get him a spot. Japanese exclusivity doesn't help his case, either.

And Sonic WAS mentioned, just in interviews rather than journals. Also, he was supposedly supposed to have been in Melee but was cut for time restraints (don't know if this is really true, but it's an argument), and therefore didn't really need to be mentioned.
Saki could have been At'ed because hes a sword user...but I agree with you on the "options...spot" part. And Yes that info about Sonic is true, same with Snake.

D

Deleted member

Ok (Sry still a bit of a noob here.)

I think the "Geno boost" will be like a Jetpack or something.
Not really. Just magic. He just boosts himself upwards with Stars or Arrows pointing up following him as he does it. Original name for a great recovery.

DynamiteSpoony

Smash Journeyman
A large, dark stormy castle with lots of bats.
Saki could have been At'ed because hes a sword user....
This is exactly what I was talking about. It looks like Sakurai is limiting the amount of sword users in this game. Which is fine by me. I hated them in Melee...>_> It could have also been because of a lack of interest on Sakurai's part, just throwing him in to please the fans.

The journal seems to be a pretty good measure on what characters really intrigue Sakurai. And there's Geno sitting right on the top now that Dedede, Diddy, and Ike are out of the way....

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
Saki could have been At'ed because hes a sword user...but I agree with you on the "options...spot" part. And Yes that info about Sonic is true, same with Snake.
I doubt Sakurai would limit himself to that stupid "rule", and Saki is WAY more than a "sword user".

By the way he was talking in the update, it really sounded like Sakurai had considered for him as a character :( Maybe in SSB4...

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
If Saki, a character from a Treasure game which is not as well known as Super Mario RPG, was included because he is "pretty cool" and "there were requests from many users" then I have no doubt that Geno will be in the game as either a playable character or AT.
I was thinking the same thing. :D
I still have high hopes that Geno will make it in the roster, but if not, he still has greater chances of at least being AT.

Oh and happy thanksgivings everyone.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
Someone come up with a codec conversation for Geno, you know when Snake talks to either Otacon, Mei Ling, or Colonel about the characters.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Someone come up with a codec conversation for Geno, you know when Snake talks to either Otacon, Mei Ling, or Colonel about the characters.
We had those a while back...

I would not want to see a highly requested character such as Geno as a AT.

serosfan said:
1) Acutally Geno is not a Third Party character due to a loop hole in contracts, YES I RESEARCHED IT. More like 2nd Party

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
ooh guys!! The Saki update has greatly raised Geno's chances! Read this quote!

"There were many requests from users for his inclusion, and he IS pretty cool, so I did what I could to include him. After all, this game does let you enjoy a dream cast of supporting characters!"

This, imho, puts up Geno's chances.

On another note. Have you guys seen the article about the SMRPG sequel?!?! OMG I'M SO EXCITED!!!

http://gonintendo.com/?p=30026 Here it is!! Sorry if you guys discussed this.

GenoStrike

Smash Journeyman
Yeah. Looooni posted it. If it is real, I can't ****ing wait. Geno better be in because, you know, it is Geno. :p
Yes, he'll be in, don't worry. Like you said, it's Geno. They can't leave him out. Today really boosted Geno's chances alot. I can't wait for this sequel and Brawl now.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Strike Im posting on gamefaqs right now.

Also today doesn't really boost his chances but it confirmed that the poll that Sakurai had Geno and Ridley tie on was nothing more then a sample of fraction so we can't really use that as a example anymore. We can say that Geno and Ridley are 2 top requested characters but we can't use the numbers anymore until the Brawl results are out.

RDK

Smash Hero
I don't have a problem with you guys supporting your character, but to say that "HE'Z ALREADY IN ZE GAEM" is a ridiculous statement.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
well they left him out of the last two games......
The first one already had problems in putting in peach and bowser :dizzy:.
The second one he didn't have enough support and sakurai didn't have the journals then , Also Square and Nintendo were still bitter.
The third one is were he had journals and ranked second on sakurai's poll , I Should also add that sakurai likes him and square has better relationship.
Notice the differences :laugh: ?

Enigma14

Smash Champion
I don't have a problem with you guys supporting your character, but to say that "HE'Z ALREADY IN ZE GAEM" is a ridiculous statement.
Which is why I use the IF word in my statements...such as!

IF geno is in I'll main him

IF geno is in then ill pm the haters and tell them to look at his update page!

But IF he isnt then we tried.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Anyone know how to add images to the wiki?

I have some images of Geno to add.

jimmysilverrims

Smash Ace
Attatched to a bungie cord, reppelling into Ninten
Hiya Guys and Dolls, I've got some great news for you all! Are ya ready, because what I'm going to say is upported by a long rant that will blow your minds.

Geno's chances are slim to zilch. Wanna know how I know? Just look at these facts. I'd retype them, but I'll just quote myself from a diffrent thread.

Jimmysilverrims said:
Like I have said many a time THE POLL MEANS LITTLE, honestly, the poll was just an: A. Publicity stunt, to make people excitied about the character possibilities and/or B. Consumer research. (BEcause in the end, it's the ones at the bottom [The one's people don't want that they'll look at.]) Honestly, do you think that a poll will totally alter the roster? Honestly, it was just a small poll, most likely it played a very, very small part in the decisions. I mean, just because, say, Geno gets high on the poll, but do you really think that that Nintendo will go to Square, fork over a crap load of dough for one character who was in one game made years ago as a secondary character who few recognise. It's the reason that they don't make new episodes of Star Trek. Loads of fans may love it, but it's just not profitable, so re-runs are what pays the bills. Same with the characters. You may love old inkcell animation, but more and more animated films are CG, and there's nothing you can do to stop it. Same with the characters.

Speaking of the above mentioned Geno, I've noticed that he's still on the list. Why? I mean honestly, I would give you all of the money I have and mail it to you along with my dignity if Geno somehow gets in as a PC in Brawl. I'm dead serious.

I'll bet by life that it won't be Geno [Updated tomorrow], heck, I'll through in all the money I own, heck, all the stuff I own! Geno has a 0.01*-10^9999999999999999999% chance of getting in Brawl, and that's being optimistic.

I mean honestly, if Nintendo is going to go to Square and fork out the dough for a character, why choose Geno over someone more important, like say Cloud, Sora, or the Black Mage? Now berfore some people jump to "He'd be cheaper than those characters" Let me say this: Do you really think that any company let alone Square would have a smaller price when they could have a bigger one? I mean c'mon!

Geno is a practically unknown character, been in onlyone game that wasn't even his that he was a secondary character in that was made years ago. Would Nintendo really fork over all of that money just for some character that one small cult following remembers? I mean honestly, if we're going to have another third party character, let's be realistic: It'll probably be Bomberman, Megaman, or Simon Belmont. The chances for the estranged Geno are near zip. Face it. He's a has-been, even if Nintendo felt like Geno would be a good character it doesn't change the fact that PRACTICALLY NO ONE KNOWS WHO HE IS! if Nintendo is going to get another third party character don't you think the'd want more bang for their buck? Why buy a chicken nugget when you can get a roast turkey for the same price, if not less?

(In response to "Geno getting in would make me wake up smiling)
C'mon man, I've already given resons that Geno will most likely not get in Brawl, so I won't repeat myself, but honestly, can you show a little decorum and stop being so ignorant of fact? Giving selfish "facts" that are simply based on your wants and opinions is a waste of good space on this thread that could rather be used for intelligent discussion. At least I had the nobility to be able to tell the truth and give objective facts. Such as: I never, never said Geno wouldn't get in, I merely said that his chances are slim to practically zero, and I came to that conclusion on fact. If you want to make your opinions stated that's fine, heck, that's what a thread's for, but if you want to be taken seriously then put real facts to support your claim, if not you'll just be some regular old nut with a crazy dream, but if you use real information then you'll be credited with having a real point.

Listen, I'm sorry if I seem to be taking this too seriously, but I'm just way too sick and tired of all of this "Pro-Geno" stuff, when, if you put real logic to it, it turns out to be a simple pipe dream with very little basis besides the simple "He did well in the poll" statement, and I have said before: You can wish upon a star all you want, but it won't change anything. Half of the characters on the poll were rediculous, obviously slapped on for Sakurai's entertainment, like James Bond.

I'm just tired of people mistaking hope for fact and I'm here to sort out the crap.

Sparkling personas does not a good chance make. I know tons of characters with all of the personality and pizazze that would make them an AWESOME addition to Brawl, but sadly, video games aren't made that way. Video games are focused on profit above all else, and if it's unlikely that they'll get in than they probably won't. Jade, Master Cheif, Sora, Rayman, all interesting characters with endless possibilities, but sadly, litle to no chance. All of those characters are interesting, why not slap them on the list rather than Geno? At least Rayman isn't a retro faux pas and has been in more than one game with Nintendo, why not replace Geno with him is personality is what you're going with?

As I said, it all boils down to profit, and if it don't get the dough, it's gotta go.

AH, Sakurai may be an artist, but he's not stupid. I can realize how much hell that Nintendo must have went through to get Sonic in. You see, these third party characters are like ingredients to a pie, but the guys who supplied the ingredients want half the pie. Same with the games. Putting your character in a game would usually mean that you'd get rights and profits to the game, but having to share that with another company? Mayhem! Why would anyone want to heckle with Square for rights to your own game in order to get a character that just doesn't put out as much as say Megaman or Bomberman.

Like I've said before. There's no real, concrete reason that makes Geno better than say, Megaman or Bomberman. All of them are unique and full of pinache, but Geno is way les known, is less iconic, and really had his short glimpse in the spotlight long ago. If you put Geno in than I see no reason not to slap on Rayman or Banjo, all of them have been on a Nintendo console in a video game and are third party, but the main diffrence is that Rayman and Banjo are well known, Rayman being in a new, well-selling game (Raving Rabbids) and one being the third best selling game on the N64 (Behind Goldeneye and Ocarina of Time, surprisingly beating Super Mario 64) in 1999.

So why have Geno? Theres nothing that makes him any better than others that you don't put on your list. However, there are tons of reasons to not have him on the list, most of wich I have pointed out. If you look at this from an objective position and look at all of the facts you'll clearly see that Geno has one of the slimmest chances I've ever seen for a character that so many people keep hope in. To those people I say: If you look at the facts you will see that Geno's chances of getting inBrawl are about as slim as Pichu's return, and that's really saying something.

Oh, and Dr. K doesn't really have a good chance either, neither does Takamaru, but that's a whole 'nother kettle of fish.

'Nuff said, and Happy Thanksgiving.
Well, kids, let's hope my little rant has made you a pinch wiser for the ware and know the fact behind the supposed "possibility" of him getting in Brawl.

'Nuff said.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hiya Guys and Dolls, I've got some great news for you all! Are ya ready, because what I'm going to say is upported by a long rant that will blow your minds.

Geno's chances are slim to zilch. Wanna know how I know? Just look at these facts. I'd retype them, but I'll just quote myself from a diffrent thread.

Well, kids, let's hope my little rant has made you a pinch wiser for the ware and know the fact behind the supposed "possibility" of him getting in Brawl.

'Nuff said.
Well, I have to say that's **** for evidence and your wasting your time.

Go troll somewhere else, can't believe you wasted your time writing paragraphs of crap on something you know nothing about

Top Bottom