• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
IS this the right thread? Also what are you talking about? :confused: :dizzy:

Anyways

Armors-3
Colors-1
Kawashima got on the poll's , You know the floating head from brain age ? :laugh:.
Still he only got two entries while geno got 5 (Moar then heavy hitters like Ike Claus and Krystal.) So that's another thing that's saying a lot:p....Kawashima got 2 BTW.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Kawashima got on the poll's , You know the floating head from brain age ? :laugh:.
Still he only got two entries while geno got 5 (Moar then heavy hitters like Ike, Megaman, Olimar, Claus and Krystal.) So that's another thing that's saying a lot:p....Kawashima got 2 BTW.
Oh right. hahahaha thanks for reminding me.

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
I See wut u did thar :laugh: , And don't forget other's like Ridley , Takamaru , WW Link , Diddy kong , Sukapon , And moar :laugh:. So what "Geno related" Topic do you all want to talk about know ? :O.
Takamaru and Sukapon are crap characters. Why would you assume they'd make it in?

And WWLink would be stupid also. We don't need different versions of the same character.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Takamaru and Sukapon are crap characters. Why would you assume they'd make it in?

And WWLink would be stupid also. We don't need different versions of the same character.
Does that make you anti-paper mario?

Anyways they only seem like crap because their old and japanese only huh?

So anyone have a different moveset for Geno for me to add?

Mr. Alcohol

Smash Apprentice
Does that make you anti-paper mario?

Anyways they only seem like crap because their old and japanese only huh?

So anyone have a different moveset for Geno for me to add?
Yes, I'd rather not have Paper Mario in.

And I also don't think we should have Wapanese-only characters in. This isn't a Wapanese-only game. Plus, their fanbases are effectively zero.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
SO yeah Geno doesn't take a third party spot for all of you crying or lusting over bomberman or what not.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

Um, maybe because Sakurai said that the Mystery of Murasume Castle (the game that Takamaru stars in) along with the Adventures of Lolo and Punch-Out were his favorite games of all time and how Sukapon did fairly well in the Melee poll too.

Other NES/SNES Characters category

1. Sukapon (Joy Mech Fight) (15)
2. Lip (Panel de Pon) (9)
3. Richard (For the Frog the Bell Tolls) (8)
4. Metroid (6)
5. Foreman (from Wrecking Crew) (6)
6. Pit (5)
7. Donbe or Hikari (5)
7. Misc. Character (The Marvelous Bunch) (5)
8. Samurai Goro (4)
9. Popo and Nana (4)
10. Balloon Fighter (4)

It should also be noted that Joy Mech Fight was Nintendo's first true fighting game. Also Sakurai said he wasn't going to cater exclusively to the Japanese wants, not flat out neglect them...

Crescent

Smash Cadet
So seeing as how I just made my account five minutes ago, I figured I'd chime in here and say that SMRPG is my favorite game of all time, and Geno definitely deserves a spot in Brawl, because he'd be an incredibly unique character and he's wanted by the fans, and also he is fabricated of such pure awesome that he must wear a cloak of leetness to contain it.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Takamaru - He's from sakurai's 3rd most favorite game of all time and ranked well on the poll's , Had 3 journal entries.
WW Link - Has 3 journal entries also and is important to the series..."We don't need" LOL!!!!!!! Of course he's moar important then paper mario and it doesen't matter in a different one because we had young link and link and Dr.mario and maro , Invalid arguement.
Sukapon - Astounding! From nintendo's first "Fighting" Game that helped "Inspire" The world of Smash , Mentioned in the journal twice and ranked #1 In the retro catigory on the melee poll's.

Congratulations for failing! You fail.

Now what should we talk about next that's "Geno" Related...?

Super Smash Master

Smash Lord
Wait, when did Sakurai say Nazo no murasame, Punch out and the Adventures of Lolo were his favorite games of all time? I doubt he would say that about Lolo, because that's HIS game and he is so modest. I know I remember him saying he was looking over a bunch of retro games and Murasame was one of them.

But back to Geno: I doubt that Geno being in would kick out the likes of say..Megaman. That's why I don't count him as 3rd party.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Wait, when did Sakurai say Nazo no murasame, Punch out and the Adventures of Lolo were his favorite games of all time? I doubt he would say that about Lolo, because that's HIS game and he is so modest. I know I remember him saying he was looking over a bunch of retro games and Murasame was one of them.

But back to Geno: I doubt that Geno being in would kick out the likes of say..Megaman. That's why I don't count him as 3rd party.
He said it in an interview i think if i stand correctly (Probably his fav is brawl xD.) But don't worry...Sukapon or Takamaru or WW Link in don't cut Geno's competition , Or megaman :laugh:.

WW Link is more important than Paper Mario? how?
WW Link - Starred in 5 Games all massively popular out of a "11" Gamer series and sold very well and got MENTIONS In his journal and did well on the poll's.
Paper mario - Starred in 3 Games which was more of a "Rip-off" Of Mario RPG in a what ? 111 Game series ?_? ? Wasn't on the poll's also and no mentions from sakurai :ohwell:.
Hmm When you look at things :laugh:...But this is gud , No competition for geno :laugh:.

koopa cape located at the end of rainbow road
Just because WW Link stars in more games doesn't mean he's more important.

and Paper Mario isn't merely a 'rip-off'. it's its own series.
qft and to add that paper mario had its own story, its own characters, and its own places. The only way it could possibly be concived as a rip-off is that it is also a rpg, and that reasoning is not good.

Ryudo_Sama

Smash Ace
I would hate for all this hard work we are doing to go to waste if Geno is confirmed as an AT, or not in the game at all.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Just because WW Link stars in more games doesn't mean he's more important.

and Paper Mario isn't merely a 'rip-off'. it's its own series.
-_-...
1.Actually the "Young link" Was already in melee so that helps him :p.
2.You merely missed the point , 5/11 Is WW Links Number of games/Games in full series , Paper mario = 3/100 ? LOL.
3.You have to much hope for a character that didn't manage to get chosen or picked out of what ? 10,000 Entries ? And then WW Link got 3 Close to the heavy hitters but less than or just the same numbers as some of these:Takamaru , Olimar , Geno , Claus , King dedede , Ike , Ridley , Krystal , Need i say moar ?
4.The fight for Paper mario to get a slot against a character with more support (Geno? Bowser jr even has a "Well" Chance or a bit.) And people who have more than him is worse , WW Link easily has priority and was already in melee (Which makes him more likely , As in "Young link".) And IS Supported to return in this way.

Basically your stuck with one character who has more support , Popularity , Uniqueness (He has been practically turned into his own characater.) Priority (And was in melee as young link.) And more important to it while on the other hand you have one who wasn't mentioned by sakurai AT ALL , Didn't manage to get on the poll's for Melee (As young link.) And brawl (As WW.) And has Less popularity an...Need i go on ?

Anyhow either way WW Link doesen't affect geno's chances , This could easily go on but anyhow like Ryudo said yeah that hard work going down :( :( :( Let's hope he makes the cut.

~Krystal~

True American Heroine
Would Geno be a clone of the pokeball Staryu if he was an assist trophy? lol.
Theres plenty of things Geno can do besides shoot stars, but if he just used his star gun as an AT, then he would definitely just be a Staryu clone.

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
own uniqueness? WW Link is about as unique as Paper Mario is to Mario. he has party members and badges!

okay, so he's starred in more games. he has, but 'importance' isn't judged by starring in more games. Wind Waker is actually deemed sub-par to the gaming community and any other game he's been in sans Hourglass.

Paper Mario, Paper Mario 2, and Super Paper Mario are actually games people like and remember. Mario RPGs need more of a rep than a Link that's just cel-shaded if you ask me.

the only thing I'm arguing is the 'importance' thing though. I'm not saying Paper Mario deserves it more, but they're about equally important to their counterparts if you ask me. they're also on the same level of uniqueness.

Rick88

Smash Journeyman
whenever I see a geno moveset, its full of stars.. So I figured if he was an AT then he would probably just shoot stars like... staryu
lol
Oh believe me, he does much more than that:

(Geno Whirl)

(Geno Blast)

(Geno Flash :D)

I've always imagined that if he was an AT, he would use Geno Blast on the whole stage :p

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
own uniqueness? WW Link is about as unique as Paper Mario is to Mario. he has party members and badges!

okay, so he's starred in more games. he has, but 'importance' isn't judged by starring in more games. Wind Waker is actually deemed sub-par to the gaming community and any other game he's been in sans Hourglass.

Paper Mario, Paper Mario 2, and Super Paper Mario are actually games people like and remember. Mario RPGs need more of a rep than a Link that's just cel-shaded if you ask me.

the only thing I'm arguing is the 'importance' thing though. I'm not saying Paper Mario deserves it more, but they're about equally important to their counterparts if you ask me. they're also on the same level of uniqueness.
"Equal importance" Your missing the point still <.< (I Own most of the Paper mario games so don't "Flame" Me on this.) The uniqueness that can be argued through.

His importance is actually pretty well , Jump from melee - Brawl gee all the games had "Cel shaded" Link ?(Besides TP.) And the Young link is in quite a lot of games already and was even justified in melee when he had less popularity.

Actually he is a younger version of link and rep's a different part of LOZ , Through i do agree with you about Mario RPG'S Needing a rep but it's likely to be geno :ohwell: (Two is questionable for Mario RPG.)
Still we can go on about this but in the end WW Link is more likely and that's good to geno because then geno has less competition.

Now can we stop talking about Paper Mario ? Jeez , And i'm sure IF (Huge IF.) He was an AT That he would do something "Different" :p , Oh and as to importance i just remembered this but remember the part were i said he reps 3 in 100 games ? while WW Link is a different story...

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
I would like to, out of nostalgia and love for the character, join the ♥♪!? Alliance. May I have a banner to put in my sig?

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
well, no game with Cel-shaded Link gets more praise than Wind Waker, which is just deemed sub-par to the community.

on the other hand, OoT, LTTP, etc are much, much more recognized.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
well, no game with Cel-shaded Link gets more praise than Wind Waker, which is just deemed sub-par to the community.

Still they are all recognized well since it's an 11 Game series :psycho: ? Also Cel-shaded link was in 5 OUT OF 11 (Which is almost half of the series and most of it during melee and brawl ?) While during Paper mario's time random other ones like -Insert mario doing a sport here- Mario Kart and Mario party got more popularity , This could go on but in all seriousness Paper mario still has a lot of competition with Geno and Jr (Mostly with geno.) And i REALLY Doubt Mario RPG Will get 2 reps (Unlikely.) And WW Link not being in ... This could easily go on but the point is that Paper mario is more of a smaller "Grain" To the Mario series while Cel-Shaded link...Wiat this is about geno :laugh: And this all began with an idiot saying "WuT MakZ U ThInKz ThEy WiLL Be PlAybE? LuL?" XD.

Anyhow what "GENO RELATED FOR THE LOVE OF..." Topic will we talk about now lol ? Ok new contest:Come up with a taunt , Victory theme , And victoy poses (Also what he says for them.) For geno :p.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885

Being in a different style doesn't make Wind Waker Link any different from Link himself.

People basically are just wanting Young Link back, just in a different style...

I really don't see the point in that, since I never liked young Link.

Why don't we just add 8-bit Mario and all that while we're at it?

Anyway this is off topic, this is the Geno thread.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
link from ocarina/twilight prencess and link from wind waker arent the same link, it happened way after ocarina

Copperpot

Smash Ace
Please, stop comparing Super Mario RPG to Paper Mario.

Super Mario RPG may have been the inspiration for the Paper Mario series, but it is by no means a part of said series. It's out there on its own, where it should be. Yes, I understand that AlphaDreams was contructed from ex-employees of Square, but Paper Mario's gameplay has deterred enough from the original formula to give it its own identity. It's more of a spiritual successor, if you will.

Now, I'm not 'dissing' Super Mario RPG. I'm only clarifying that I would be horrified if Super Mario RPG's true sequel, granted there ever is one, turned out to be in the fashion of Paper Mario. In the end, Super Mario RPG is better than Paper Mario in nearly every way, shape, or form, and I would expect them to carry on with this superb product in the manner it was originally intended.

Top Bottom