• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Geno Thread

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Please, stop comparing Super Mario RPG to Paper Mario.

Super Mario RPG may have been the inspiration for the Paper Mario series, but it is by no means a part of said series. It's out there on its own, where it should be. Yes, I understand that AlphaDreams was contructed from ex-employees of Square, but Paper Mario's gameplay has deterred enough from the original formula to give it its own identity. It's more of a spiritual successor, if you will.

Now, I'm not 'dissing' Super Mario RPG. I'm only clarifying that I would be horrified if Super Mario's true sequel, granted there ever is one, turned out to be in the fashion of Paper Mario. In the end, Super Mario RPG is better than Paper Mario in nearly every way, shape, or form, and I would expect them to carry on with this superb product in the manner it was originally intended.
Yes, but paper mario was originally mario rpg 2, but then they changed it b4 release.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Please, stop comparing Super Mario RPG to Paper Mario.

Super Mario RPG may have been the inspiration for the Paper Mario series, but it is by no means a part of said series. It's out there on its own, where it should be. Yes, I understand that AlphaDreams was contructed from ex-employees of Square, but Paper Mario's gameplay has deterred enough from the original formula to give it its own identity. It's more of a spiritual successor, if you will.

Now, I'm not 'dissing' Super Mario RPG. I'm only clarifying that I would be horrified if Super Mario RPG's true sequel, granted there ever is one, turned out to be in the fashion of Paper Mario. In the end, Super Mario RPG is better than Paper Mario in nearly every way, shape, or form, and I would expect them to carry on with this superb product in the manner it was originally intended.
For the love of...I Said for us to STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS :mad:...

To begin with i meant as in they are both the "Rpg" Section of Mario RPG'S As them both and M&L Are "Connected" Through the fact that they are the "Rpg" Sections of mario , Sure they all don't play the same but the point is Mario RPG Has a low chance at being justified with 2 reps due to it being so small in the Mario series and with geno having moar chances then paper mario...

Urgh i bring up One thing on it and people start sending in the flame-fires at me -_- Now can we PLEASE Talk about geno and his victory/taunts/theme and whatnot ? What would be a good stage for him ? ...

GhostAnime

Smash Ace
For the love of...I Said for us to STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS :mad:...

To begin with i meant as in they are both the "Rpg" Section of Mario RPG'S As them both and M&L Are "Connected" Through the fact that they are the "Rpg" Sections of mario , Sure they all don't play the same but the point is Mario RPG Has a low chance at being justified with 2 reps due to it being so small in the Mario series and with geno having moar chances then paper mario...

Urgh i bring up One thing on it and people start sending in the flame-fires at me -_- Now can we PLEASE Talk about geno and his victory/taunts/theme and whatnot ? What would be a good stage for him ? ...
ROFL. every time someone goes off-topic, they have to fish out questions we've asked for like, 10 times. you'll get the same answers, man. =p

Mirron

Smash Journeyman
I'd also like to join. As well, not sure if this was brought up before or not, but, here, I'll post it. It raises Geno's likelihood of being in, as well as his chances of appearing in a new game that isn't Brawl. http://gonintendo.com/?p=30026

More positive news than anything else I know of for his chances, at least. Hope it's true.

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
R&S- Was that really needed? Do you need to come into this thread just to rile people up and get attention for yourself? You don't even state reasons for why you don't want Geno.

Please kindly leave.

D

Deleted member

wagnerelli, your doing it wrong.

the day geno is deconfirmed is the day i will have a smile on my face for like 3 weeks :)
GTFO troll. Nobody here likes you, your face ,your cat or your mother. Unless you for once give us 1 good ****ing reason why he shouldn't be in than **** off.

Shadow Star

Smash Apprentice
Ah, swearing is needed. I'll try that next time.
You know, the best way to get rid of a troll is to ignore it completely. If you treat them like they don't exist, they'll have no reason to stay. Swearing and fighting back is like a turn-on to them. So basically, they get pleasure from your hate. Trust me, I've seen enough of them to know... :urg:

wagnerelli

Smash Apprentice
I see. Do you guys usually get alot of trolls?

So, where is the person I ask to officially join?

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
I'd also like to join. As well, not sure if this was brought up before or not, but, here, I'll post it. It raises Geno's likelihood of being in, as well as his chances of appearing in a new game that isn't Brawl. http://gonintendo.com/?p=30026

More positive news than anything else I know of for his chances, at least. Hope it's true.
Broken links FTW :)
seriously, fix the link

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
wagnerelli, your doing it wrong.

GTFO troll. Nobody here likes you, your face ,your cat or your mother. Unless you for once give us 1 good ****ing reason why he shouldn't be in than **** off.
im so hurt someone on the web is making fun of my mom and me :chuckle:
one good reason right here
He isnt even important in any game.
and that said farewell and a reason i dont want him
i dont want no puppet
so enjoy all your talkin bout this puppet who might not even make it in

Teeb147

Smash Legend
im so hurt someone on the web is making fun of my mom and me :chuckle:
one good reason right here
He isnt even important in any game.
and that said farewell and a reason i dont want him
i dont want no puppet
so enjoy all your talkin bout this puppet who might not even make it in
It's true that he may not have been memorable for some people, but he must have a significant fanbase considering the poll. What dont you like about geno?

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
It's true that he may not have been memorable for some people, but he must have a significant fanbase considering the poll. What dont you like about geno?
to tell you the truth i dont know
for some reason when i played mario RPG the way he looked pissed me off for some reason and its not like i hated him alot but ever since i met his fans and how they act when u say something bad about geno ive hated that puppet i mean if i could get one pick of a character to be in or out he would be the character i would choose to stay out o_O
so there u have it the fans made me hate geno with all my heart :)

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
for some reason when i played mario RPG the way he looked pissed me off for some reason and its not like i hated him alot but ever since i met his fans and how they act when u say something bad about geno ive hated that puppet i mean if i could get one pick of a character to be in or out he would be the character i would choose to stay out o_O
Were you abused by star spewing puppets as a child? (Just Kidding)

I understand you, Geno looks like an AT at best to me. I wouldn't be mad if he became playable though.

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
Were you abused by star spewing puppets as a child? (Just Kidding)

I understand you, Geno looks like an AT at best to me. I wouldn't be mad if he became playable though.
OOOOH GOOD IDEA GENO AS A AT I WOULD BE HAPPY THERE TOO THAT WAY EVERYONE CAN BE HAPPY!!!
geno lovers get to see geno in brawl

geno haters dont gotta waste there time unlocking him nor seeing him taking up a slot that someone else could have got

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman
i dont go crazy..i give a logical response....
Lucario=awsome as well...
i dont give a response i dont even say nothing because its there opinion and i respect it as everyone else in this fourm should do
i say geno sucks
no reason to start cursing because its my opinion

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
i agree..geno does suck but it doesnt mean his chances of appearing in brawl are less just because you dont like him..
After just saying "geno=awesome" :rolleyes:

Seriously, everyone talks like we try and shove Geno down other people's throats (which I am still waiting for someone to provide a link to another thread where this has happened), but looking at this board, it seems that people actually want everyone to hate him.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord

Seriously, everyone talks like we try and shove Geno down other people's throats (which I am still waiting for someone to provide a link to another thread where this has happened), but looking at this board, it seems that people actually want everyone to hate him.
geno=awsome is a fact but my views he sucks...i am deffending him but also putting logic and self ability into my response...and if you think you are shoiving geno down peopels throat..gawd you've never been to the ridley thread have you?(well now you cant :()

Red&Silver

Smash Journeyman

im not going to lie i really want everyone to hate geno for that can make his chances weaker ya know :p but i know that wont happen:urg:

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
im not going to lie i really want everyone to hate geno for that can make his chances weaker ya know :p but i know that wont happen:urg:
So, troll much?

geno=awsome is a fact but my views he sucks...i am deffending him but also putting logic and self ability into my response...and if you think you are shoiving geno down peopels throat..gawd you've never been to the ridley thread have you?(well now you cant :()
Yes, I have seen the Ridley thread, which is why I found it extremely ironic that grim lizard and gypsy lee and their R.I.D.L.E.Y. minions were attacking the Geno thread saying we tried to make everyone like him and we got mad when someone said something negative :laugh: Honestly, no member of grim lizard's R.I.D.L.E.Y. has any right to put someone down for that reason.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
I see, I think I understand.
Well, whatever, if you annoy the people in this thread too much im sure theres going to be a nice little surprise for ya from the moderators.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Hello, am I allowed to join the Geno Alliance?

Yes you can, what do you know about Geno? Also can you do media realted work for him, like draw or make a sig or write?

D

Deleted member

The problem I have with you, R&S is that you are 100% confident he is deconfirmed already. Also, you are a nut case. Seriously. You said that you'd give away your Wii if Geno was in Brawl? And you call us, the Geno fans, crazy? One character is not gonna ruin your life. Also, do not judge a book by its cover. Just 'cause Geno looks like a doll doesn't mean he isn't important. Geno was affected by the Story Line in SM RPG the most outa everyone. Geno is either a PC or not in at all. Sakurai and/or Nintendo will not pay the rights for him just to be a **** AT.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Why do people hate characters because of the fans of the characters? that doesn't make any sense...

This isn't a Geno fan support thread, this is a Geno character support thread.

What I have to say is, if you don't like the character...Ok, well that's nice. There are a bunch of characters I don't like.

But if you despise a character, especially only because of the fans...

that's plain stupid.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Why do people hate characters because of the fans of the characters? that doesn't make any sense...

This isn't a Geno fan support thread, this is a Geno character support thread.

What I have to say is, if you don't like the character...Ok, well that's nice. There are a bunch of characters I don't like.

But if you despise a character, especially only because of the fans...

that's plain stupid.
But thats the thing we can't because people already have their minds set on something

Anyways theres a lot of characters I don't want in Brawl like Waluigi, but I hope they are at least ATs.

Also Foz is right its either In or not at all.

Top Bottom