• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL Dtilt Spike Topic

Ive been studying the dtilt spike now for a while and Im sure that is like I said, the spike hibox is sourrounding the non spike. And when both hitboxes hit the non spike hitbox is the one that counts. Mystery solved scooby, heres your scooby snack: http://www.wackypackages.org/stickers/4th_2006/realproducts/scoobysnacks.jpg

@blubba: well I have in mind to do that too, later when Im not lazy, I have a hacked wii so it shouldnt take long to do it, but I know not much about programming so if somebody hasnt done it before me then it could take some time.

Deva

Smash Lord
I read somewhere that Link's d-tilt is the strongest spike in the game =P

nyways, the only way to get it off 100% of the time is if your facing backwards at the edge. I probably mentioned it earlier, as did other players, but yeah, just throwin that out there.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I read somewhere that Link's d-tilt is the strongest spike in the game =P

nyways, the only way to get it off 100% of the time is if your facing backwards at the edge. I probably mentioned it earlier, as did other players, but yeah, just throwin that out there.
You heard wrong. It's just catches people off guard 95% of the time, no one reacts fast enough.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Guys Ive practiced it and kinda got the tmeing for it when facing forward...

Links dtilt works better if u do a dash attack or aa to dtilt, but its not guaranteed because of they can di it but if they dont it works. Guys go to practice mode against ike, then do the soft nair until he falls off the edge but not that far (lvl 3), he will jump back and this is where u should practice the timing, it does work good forward if you learn it its all about the positioning.

Deva

Smash Lord
You heard wrong. It's just catches people off guard 95% of the time, no one reacts fast enough.
It was originally posted on the homepage of allisbrawl as the strongest spike in the game along with Ike's d-tilt :/

Pretty sure that's not hearing wrong.

Finns7

Smash Ace
I kno where its at facing forward its just that your not going to be able to land that UNLESS you start with a jab by the ledge and still they can DI.

Twilght Link

Smash Journeyman
Yeah ive only pulled off this spike in a battle like twice =P second time was epic cuz i jab cancelled into a dtilt spike. Im still amazed sasook discovered that reversed spike. Hopefully in sbb4 they give link a useful spike. Btw isnt ganny's the strongest?

Zezima0123

Smash Apprentice
Yeah ive only pulled off this spike in a battle like twice =P second time was epic cuz i jab cancelled into a dtilt spike. Im still amazed sasook discovered that reversed spike. Hopefully in sbb4 they give link a useful spike. Btw isnt ganny's the strongest?
They won't be a number four. :(
No I don't think Ganondorf's is...maybe it was Ike's? Yeah prolly Ike.

Finns7

Smash Ace
Zezima I think you thought into that too much lol, and sasook I saw the vid, but Im saying against most skilled people ( not saying the tl was bad) there going to recover at an angle that doesnt let you spike them, the most efficient setup is doing a attack first ( jab or dash).

Finns7

Smash Ace
that works go to practice mode, its not inescapable though T_T they can DI

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
HEY HEY HEY

That's my super special Dtilt theory image I made!!! :]

Where the hell did you find it? xD

Anywhoo, I'll share.

Basically, my theory is, in order to spike, you can ONLY hit with the red hitbox. If any of the normal blue hitbox hits, it cancels the spike; which with the shape I drew makes sense on why it's so **** hard, and why it works with Link's body and with glancing the tops/bottoms of the other char with the sword

Edit: @Link_Ridley: dont make it sound like you made the image pl0x D:, i made it myself after my own testing and such

Ich Bin Awesome

Smash Journeyman

Link&Ridley

Smash Cadet
HEY HEY HEY

That's my super special Dtilt theory image I made!!! :]

Where the hell did you find it? xD

Anywhoo, I'll share.

Basically, my theory is, in order to spike, you can ONLY hit with the red hitbox. If any of the normal blue hitbox hits, it cancels the spike; which with the shape I drew makes sense on why it's so **** hard, and why it works with Link's body and with glancing the tops/bottoms of the other char with the sword

Edit: @Link_Ridley: dont make it sound like you made the image pl0x D:, i made it myself after my own testing and such
Oh that was you? Sorry I saw the pic and that was quite the same as I imagine the hitbox.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
Lol i've spiked by accident before while messing around with lvl 9 cpus in a tourny. So far i've done it about twice it's pretty funny. Usually when i knock my opponent off the stage i'll start dtilting and maybe luckily i'll spike them XD

Tektite

Smash Apprentice
Lol i've spiked by accident before while messing around with lvl 9 cpus in a tourny. So far i've done it about twice it's pretty funny. Usually when i knock my opponent off the stage i'll start dtilting and maybe luckily i'll spike them XD
Then your edgeguard must not be good (no offense). I only try it on Snakes, the cyper is just too slow.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Original Post.

Oh, I guess it isn't that bad. But it used to have a lot of cool quotes and information, pictures, etc, about the spike/spike hitbox.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
We can always research it...unless sasook is kind enough to edit it all back in...

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I wouldn't count on it, we're on our own. There's still some interesting stuff. You can spike with your back against the edge, so I'm guessing it spikes as high as possible.

Kief

Smash Ace
my personal best advice on the spike is to not attempt it ever. its extremely rare to connect with it and there's always a safer, and more effective option.

Top Bottom