• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Clash of the Titans 4 Results Thread

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I'm pretty sure that Meta Knight doesn't have a permanently-invincible stall. You're welcome to grab the ledge from him or hit him after a ledge-hopped aerial. The fact that your character is terrible to do that with isn't someone else's problem; she still has the potential to.

You could try killing better in the seven minutes of "legit play", as you call it.

Don't get me wrong; it's stupid and ridiculously boring to play against, but it's not the "impossible, unwinnable" situation you're making it out to be.
I'm gonna tell you what I tell everyone who tells me things like this;

You don't know my character like I do. you have a meta do what happen to meand beat them as Peach and find an answer to that. until then, you nor anyone else can tell me there is something I could have done with my own character.

i didnt plank him like that. i spammed u/d/fairs on the norfair platforms until he came close and nado'd to the other side. the last 7 seconds i flew into the blast zone and nado'd way up high. >_>

ive been saying this. but if a stage is there that im good on im using it
Yes you did plank me like that man.

Famous

Smash Champion
Gonzo: I used only Kirby!

1: Mew2King: suck my **** for being gay about the money.
2: Ally: Ur snake is ridiculously good, i wanna money match u next tourney i c u at.
7: ChuDat: Yo, good stuff making it to 7th, we need to get serious and learn some nade tricks to trump Snake at his own game.
9: Lain: Ur IC are Scary, i think i would die of a heart attack if i played u.
13: NEO: Good **** getting 13 in such a difficult tourney.
17: HRNut: Yo I really underestimated you. Can't wait to play you again.
17: Dapuffster: Yo, crazy matches, i got greedy at the end and u played well.
17: Azen: You were bored? lol next time we all will bring some TvC
17: Reflex: Lol i was watching ur match dude, crazy crazy ****. I heard u farted on Boss so many times he suffacted. lol JK
25: Rogue Pit: My controller is not weird.
25: Boss: **** harder and no i play Mario Johns.
25: Seibrik: Our matches were fun u sexy devil ;)
33: Turbogilman: Sup son! It was good hangin wit u at the tourney. See ya soon
33: Kornn: Fun tourney dude, and good job in teams.
33: MeEp: U crazy guy. lol
33: Percon: YO it was cool to meet you and friendly teams was to good Final Cutter FTW
49: Deez: This tourney was crazier than a blindfolded white *****
49: HAT: Lolz at getting bored at playing TL
49: Gonzo: HEHEHE tantulas thnx for the props!!!!
49: Pyronic~Star: We got the same place???? step it up PS
65: ESOJ: Yo, i ttyl
65: Keitaro: Yo, our last match was crzy, i needed a depressant to lower my heart rate lol. It was nice to meet you as well.
65: JCaesar: Wusup!
65: K9: Good to c u again and hang out. Best CheeseSteak FTW
65: Hylian: Yo Hylian, it was good to see the face behind the name. I'm proud i placed higher than you.
65: thumbswayup: Yo our friendly match was to goodz, i lost my voice during that match!

Chibo: You failed. :mad:

Duo and your Bro: It was fun chillin wit uall. See you at the next tourney.

Hmmm...aren't you forgeting someone in the shoutoutz?

Yeah Drk.Pch, this tourney was weird to say the least...

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771

You don't know my character like I do. you have a meta do what happen to meand beat them as Peach and find an answer to that. until then, you nor anyone else can tell me there is something I could have done with my own character.
...So you're saying that no one can give insight or advice to you, because you know better than they do about your character. I see.

If you're really the pinnacle of Peach play against MK, then I would recommend to all other Peach mains that they change characters until something gets figured out (with the exception of Dark.Pch, of course, 'cause I can't tell him anything about his character).

Sorry for attempting to put reason into the idea of what happened.

D

Deleted member

to be fair, peach vs mk is kind of laughable in the first place.

peach really has nothing on planking. it's usually banned here for a reason.

Famous

Smash Champion
...So you're saying that no one can give insight or advice to you, because you know better than they do about your character. I see.

If you're really the pinnacle of Peach play against MK, then I would recommend to all other Peach mains that they change characters until something gets figured out (with the exception of Dark.Pch, of course, 'cause I can't tell him anything about his character).

I don't think it's like that Reflex...I feel the same way when someone who mains a completely different character gives me insight on things I already know what and what not works...

You have to have the mentallity of that character to fully understand where a fellow mainer is comming from...Insight is fine but 9 times out of 10 it's already common knowledge...

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799

as a person who breaths Peach vs meta. I know what I can and get to do meta. The situation I was in, Nothing Peach could have done. I go to one edge, he dives to another. Now remember. the edges on nofair are not directly lined up under each other like a ladder. so it is not easy to just catch and hit min like that, even with turnips. trust me on this one. I might as well just drop my controller once that happen.

And peach players don't have to quit against meta and switch. I have played some good/top meta players and never lost to them by domination. and if anything, i get a win. to me meta is a chump and puts no fear in me. he is beatable with peach despite who plays him. But once meta does what I went through, it becomes impossible for her to win.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I'm gonna straight out give a shoutout to M2K and Neo because they remind me of my mistakes in the most "In your face" way. It seems that is the only way I'll ever learn to be better and I give my thanks to these people.

M2K - Way to **** me and pause the game and laugh at me. I'll definitely remember that always, god**** you!!
Neo - Your marth is hella good and you told me to stop rolling and you kept ****** me when i tried to lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Drk. Pch.:
and even caught him on the BS on how I should have made brackets.

No. You should not have made it because you lost to Umbra so there. I'm really tired of this argument.
Also I honestly hate when people give matches to other people so someone who worked hard, toearned the win fair and square gets screwed, because some one wants to be a "pal" and "help someone out."
it irritates me and it's honeslty a very disrespectful thing tto do in my opinion.

Take this post how you will.
I feel the same way abotu splits of the pot.

If you're really the pinnacle of Peach play against MK, then I would recommend to all other Peach mains that they change characters until something gets figured out (with the exception of Niko K, of course, 'cause I can't tell him anything about his character).

fixed for accuracy
to be fair, peach vs mk is kind of laughable in the first place.

peach really has nothing on planking. it's usually banned here for a reason.
no johns, thats why you have secondarys.

D

Deleted member

no johns, thats why you have secondarys.
actually, if you win the CP, it goes loser picks stage, winner picks character, loser picks character according to slob picks. if you win the previous match and the opponent counterpicks you, you have to assume that they will play MK and switch. So according to your method, the only viable means to counterpick MK would be to also play MK. It's much easier to just ban planking and keep the rest of the cast viable and expect the majority of matches to finish before the timer runs out.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
daamnn people stop *****ing find a way around planking. this is a results thread not "why i lost my tournament match at cot4" thread.

:snes:

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
daamnn people stop *****ing find a way around planking. this is a results thread not "why i lost my tournament match at cot4" thread.

:snes:
You have this happen to you and win then come back and tell us this. same with the other players that lose to it. it's banned for a reason, and so many at this tourny lost to it. Oh and guess who YOU play to be saying this crap......

see what I mean?

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
There are very few people I actually want to shout out to.

Niko K - We are a great team. We went from doing mediocre in friendlies at the beginning to nearly taking a set from NL and Malcolm. I am looking extremely forward to teaming with you in the future (MM, Brawl Til You Fall). Let's not forget that you're also really cool to be around and an awesome kid. Major props to you.

Jash - We already have established that you're the best TL, despite getting no hype from any other regions before this. You already know how awesome you are for that. Aside from that, you're definitely one of my favorite people in the community. Other than my girlfriend, I probably spent the most time with you this weekend. Good **** for sure, Gold Peak iced tea and salty, round, crunchy white balls are too ****ing amazing. We should play more, I enjoy having to get through a wall of projectiles. :D

Pierce - We need to play more. Thanks for the most amazing hug in the world on Saturday. XD

HAT - Major love to you, dude. We talked about such a large variety of **** that I couldn't fit it into this post. All I can say for now is that I can't wait for spring break at all.

Shadow - Another super cool person. MK dittos and MK vs. GW is actually enjoyable with you. We need to play and hang out more for sure. Good **** at taking Kashif to last game!

DK Smash - Too ****ing funny. Again, can't wait for spring break.

Turbo - Get me on AIM. I have to ask you something...rofl.

Alex Strife/Blue - We'll keep talking about our idea. I'm always on AIM.

And finally...

SAMURAIPANDA - Thank you very much for what you did. You're a great example of leadership and that's admirable. I tried to quiet people down to listen to you, and I hope that worked. XD Keep it up dude, you're one of my Smash heroes.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
sadly, the explosion won't hit him if he does it right.

she could pull a bob-omb before the MK planks in the first place, lolll.
If you're in MK's face, isn't he forced to make a decision, though? If you guess correctly (sadly, it would come down to a guess, but...), I would imagine you could nail him. Maybe if you're lucky, it'll fall out of your hands and explode both of you, because that would be an amazing way to end a match, even if the explosion killed you first! :D

I don't think it's like that Reflex...I feel the same way when someone who mains a completely different character gives me insight on things I already know what and what not works...

You have to have the mentallity of that character to fully understand where a fellow mainer is comming from...Insight is fine but 9 times out of 10 it's already common knowledge...
At the same time, only using a single character doesn't magically give someone a better understanding of that character than someone who plays with a lot of the cast. I wasn't attempting to talk anyone Dark.Pch down personally when it came to my quote. It's just that I cannot imagine that situation being physically impossible to overcome. Rather improbable, sure, but if you knew what they were going to respond with, you could do something for that split-second, right?

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I don't see it yet. I'm just trying to stay optimistic, not attack people.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If you're in MK's face, isn't he forced to make a decision, though? If you guess correctly (sadly, it would come down to a guess, but...), I would imagine you could nail him. Maybe if you're lucky, it'll fall out of your hands and explode both of you, because that would be an amazing way to end a match, even if the explosion killed you first! :D

At the same time, only using a single character doesn't magically give someone a better understanding of that character than someone who plays with a lot of the cast. I wasn't attempting to talk anyone Dark.Pch down personally when it came to my quote. It's just that I cannot imagine that situation being physically impossible to overcome. Rather improbable, sure, but if you knew what they were going to respond with, you could do something for that split-second, right?

Maybe I'm wrong here, but I don't see it yet. I'm just trying to stay optimistic, not attack people.
No. The fact that he did that was because there was nothing i could do at all. thats about the whole concept of planking. And reason it is banned. When things are banned, that are banned cause of stuff people do with thier characters on that stage. Luigi's mansion was banned for this same reason.

You can't imagine it cause you have not see how it was like for me, if you have like the others did, you not be saying this right now. And again to get a taste of this, Pick Peach and have a meta plank you on that stage.

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
now that all of this epic **** happened, i think i WILL buy that CoT4 DVD now. I hadnt planned to buy it before the weekend started. Just goes to show that mobs make good marketing :laugh:
I want the director's cut.

Yo, when you guys mentioned a Brawler named "Pride", does he main a Pink Yoshi, or was this some completely different person?
It was PRiDE, but he quit after this tourney.
Quit as in quit brawl? No way... he was as good as Elef. :( So Cot4 pushed one of the best yoshis out of commission.

I'm gonna straight out give a shoutout to M2K and Neo because they remind me of my mistakes in the most "In your face" way. It seems that is the only way I'll ever learn to be better and I give my thanks to these people.

M2K - Way to **** me and pause the game and laugh at me. I'll definitely remember that always, god**** you!!
Neo - Your marth is hella good and you told me to stop rolling and you kept ****** me when i tried to lol.
Learn to not be a scrub. You need more experience against MK, you could beat M2K if you knew what you were doing. And you can pull Kage bull**** on Neo. We'll ready you for the next event.

Shoutouts later.

Dotcom

Smash Lord

I love you and your moustache you theif/Basic sausage look alike you.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
No. The fact that he did that was because there was nothing i could do at all. thats about the whole concept of planking. And reason it is banned. When things are banned, that are banned cause of stuff people do with thier characters on that stage. Luigi's mansion was banned for this same reason.

You can't imagine it cause you have not see how it was like for me, if you have like the others did, you not be saying this right now. And again to get a taste of this, Pick Peach and have a meta plank you on that stage.
If your argument is against Norfair, then I understand, because it's unrealistic to expect someone to respond perfectly with so many edge options there...but how can you complain about that when you picked Peach while knowing that it is a counterpick stage? Even if he didn't ledgestall, that's basically an impossible situation for Peach.

You paid to enter a tournament with this rules; once again, it was your problem to deal with.

Hopefully you won't enter any Norfair-legal tournaments in the future, or you'll use another character when the opponent gets the opportunity to counterpick you there.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I love you and your moustache you theif/Basic sausage look alike you.
Glad to hear it, but since when was I a thief? D:

I lose things quite often, but I almost always rectify the situation. I paid $20 when I lost that controller earlier.

LIES AND SLANDER~

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
If your argument is against Norfair, then I understand, because it's unrealistic to expect someone to respond perfectly with so many edge options there...but how can you complain about that when you picked Peach while knowing that it is a counterpick stage? Even if he didn't ledgestall, that's basically an impossible situation for Peach.

You paid to enter a tournament with this rules; once again, it was your problem to deal with.

Hopefully you won't enter any Norfair-legal tournaments in the future, or you'll use another character when the opponent gets the opportunity to counterpick you there.
See? here we go again talking on terms you really dont know about. I was actually kicking orions azz on that stage then he caught up. Peach Vs any panzy character is not impossible. Why do people keep that mindset in thier heads. Again, i breath Peach vs Meta. me and teh spammer had a close game second game of pools.

to sum it up, without planking, it is not impossible to win. yet that all these damm meta players wanna do these days.

This also made me realize. this game is all about metakinght. just take the time to sit and think about it for 20 mins. Like really think about it. look back to nearly a year of BS. look at what the top ten looks like here.

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Counterpick punching chibo in the mouth.

That's not a productive solution in the slightest, so in all reality just uh... yeah, sadly we let the hype of the event cloud our judgment to tell chibo to shove his stage list up his ***. Retrospectively we as a region should have stated we werent going to bother showing up if he was going to keep those dumb**** stages on.

That still doesn't excuse someone from blatantly ignoring a rule )honestly, if it even existed. From what I gather a certain rob's main method of play is this very tactic so I wouldn't even really be surprised if it was just accepted as a whole) to get a win instead of earning the W, but 17 combined pages later it doesn't really matter.

Pch. You got screwed, I'll be the first to state it if it's ever brought up again, and if anyone tries to justify it I'll be sure to throw my special brand of debate into it (other than just the random ad hominem, which in of itself is just more entertainment than anything) but beyond that there really shouldn't be a reason to carry it on.

The whole concept of planking and the stages that give a blatant edge to the tactic should on a whole be banned, we can only take the mistakes of this situation and hope to never ****ing repeat it, the same way I plan to make sure pools dont **** people out of their earned wins either.

Edit: Reflex is one of the coolest people around, truth.

Double Edit: If it took you this long to realize that competitively this immediate region is nothing but meta knights I'd say you need to work on catching the clue a lot earlier.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
DUUUUUDE PRIIIIIIDE NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!

Don't quit brawl, your yoshi is too good and you're too awesome to quit. Don't do it, your yoshi is in pride tier and that tier is freakin awesome.

Dotcom

Smash Lord
^ You don't remember when i said your moustache makes you llook like you could be an expert theif, that steals odd things like antique 2,000,000$ masks?

well i didn't include the masks part but I was sure I said it.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
Shouts time.

Chibo - Despite everything, the tournament was still fun. Thanks for housing all of us at your place.

Kornnnn - Yeah, you really should always ban Japes against falco...stage is too good for him.

The-Truth - I play Hylian's G&W at like every tourny I go to, lol. Don't be too hard on yourself.

Omegablackmage - Haha, thanks again for getting me into pools, there wouldn't be words to describe my frustration if I flew to Philly and then didn't get to play in singles.

Pierce - Sorry we didn't do so hot in teams =/

Kage - ****, those matches were bad :( Haven't been beat that bad in a reeeally long time. We need to play again sometime so I can make up for it.

NEO - No roy dittos...:cry:

Jash - Good to see you're still reppin the little link :) I just can't do that whole low tier thing again though, 'specially not in this game.

Rogue Pit - Blaaargh, I need to start practicing laser stuff again T_T Good ****.

Anther - I thought i was gonna get you after i got you up to like 160% the first stock without getting hit much, but then you just never got close to me again :( Too good sir.

Ambrose - Uuuugh, I hate ICs >.< Lol @ the safe room on norfair saving me when my shield broke.

Dojo/Infinity/Leee - Good **** on the placings, guys.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea man. you right Rykoshet. I am not pissed about him planking that much. just the fact that he got away with it all thanks to chibo. Everything else from this tourny is cool. Lost some matches and all. Blame myself. was a lil careless.Oh well, next time I just wont let it happen again then i will win. Nuff said as I said before for those that missed it and still think I am crying for matters outside my match with orion:

"IDC man, that tournament, for the first time ever, my Peach was on some ****. You can ask Hova, Neo, Kadaj, a whole lot of good people. I beat up metas, beat up cammpy snakes. Played teh_spammer second game of pools and almost beat his meta there. I was just doing some crazy ****. If I would have not been cheated out, I would have hacked it up in brackets just like I did in pools. I played anthers pika in a set and beat his pika, NinjaLink has that video and will upload it soon. I also played Vex, he is like one of the top players in PA and I beat him. that was also recorded. last kill on him was too good. I beat Kadaj Marth a few times. this Campy snake called Nope I beat in a set. Then there was another snake that was good that I beat.

So despite me getting screwed out of brackets, I did my **** and happy about it, not mad about this tournament on my end. Neo even said I am his favorite Peach and best Peach he has seen besides Azen. lots said that about me too. I did what I had to do. Any my title can still be legit of this screwed tourny as second best Peach main in the USA. I was just B-E-A-S-T-I-N-G at that crappy tournament. felt so ****ing good actually playing THE WAY I KNOW I CAN PLAY. I'm happy boys, like really happy even after what happen to me. I did my justice.

Oh, and no one 2-0 me in my pool besides the_spammer, the 2 metas I lost to I got one win off. and everyone else I Beat them 2-0. I'm gonna be practicing and beasting even more andget ready for tournies. Thats it now, from this crappy tournament, it is a done deal. **** these high tiers Peach is where it is at."

With this said, this **** is over with. And what have we learned?

- Planking, take this **** more seriously. this happened to too many people at this tourny. Brawl record for most people planked in one tourny.

- Chibo can kick rocks.

- Nofair needs to go

- Meta= super smash bros brawl

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
^ You don't remember when i said your moustache makes you llook like you could be an expert theif, that steals odd things like antique 2,000,000$ masks?

well i didn't include the masks part but I was sure I said it.
I do remember it now, actually.

My apologies; I have a terrible memory.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Uhg this is getting annoying, can we please not have the results thread stay as a Drk. Pch johning thread? That's all the last 10 pages or so have been. I'm with OBM when he said he's just skipping any red or orange posts at this point.

In all honesty, if after x amount of seconds where you found Orion's tactics unfair, you should have paused the game, come find me or someone like .com, and have us watch the rest of the match.

What happened however doesn't seem terrible. You had 7 freicken minutes of "true" fighting, and if you still couldn't kill each off in that time, then perhaps camping the time limit has to happen in the end. Stuff like that happens in Brawl. Try playing a chain grabbable character against a DDD on Castle Siege spending all that time avoiding getting grab. I'll admit than in a tourney the weekend before this I forgot to ban Siege against a player who played DDD and the match ended up running out of time in 8 minutes. I didn't try to run out the timer the whole time per say, but I had to avoid getting grabbed and instantly loosing a stock on most parts of the stage. When it turns out there was only 30 seconds left and I was in the advantage percent wise, and we were both at killing percents, I had no choice but to fly around in the air since ROB is so cool :)
Is what I did wrong? No. Perhaps cp'ing a stage where a DDD can easily death combo a character out of a grab with little difficulty is a dirtier tactic. Did I john? No. I stepped it up.

If you knew in the situation that Peach would have nothing on a MK there, then you were completely open to switch characters. What do you think characters like a DK have to do when up against a DDD? Find a counterpick. Some matchups are just too hard.

And you can't even completely john about the stage when up until that you point you said yourself you had no problems and was winning up until then. If you are truly better as you said, then you should have won on the neutral, since with 3rd match being Norfair, that means you lost match 1.

For everyone complaining about my choice of stages, Norfair and Japes were the only two in question. I had tested both stages by using them in my biweeklies since October and never had a single problem with them. I then went and checked other high profile tourneys to see what stages they allow, and huge tourneys coming up like WHOBO are also using Norfair and Japes. Not to mention they are also on the SBR rules, so I still stand by my decision with allowing them at CoT4. Will they be banned in the future? Possibly. For CoT4 though, no.

Reflex is awesome :)

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
Uhg this is getting annoying, can we please not have the results thread stay as a Drk. Pch johning thread?
He probably (I should say possibly since I dont wanna bet on likelihood) would have shut up had you just manned up and said you ****ed up big time on the rule set and the enforcement on bull**** tactics and apologized for it instead of your typical bull**** bravado and attempting to save face.

Top Bottom