• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Clash of the Titans 4 Results Thread

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
he would do better with wario, he went even with HRnut and barely lost the set when he went MK

im the only mk that really likes fighting snake >_>;
I'm the only Snake who loves fighting MKs AND the only MK who loves fighting Snakes... :laugh:

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
Just kidding :laugh:. That was a dumb way to lose :(. Next time something dumb happens to me I'm going spend 5 minutes trying to get myself to focus instead of just going straight into the next match.
I almost read that second line as "I'm going to spend 5 dollars" for some reason.

Then I realize that it's Spam, and immediately I knew I had misread that. :)

I don't think Spam has ever spent five dollars in one sitting ever.

D1

Banned via Administration
Lulz @ Ally you called me NinjaLink when I saw you at the tournament. I was like wtf?!!! LOL then later on in the day you did it again, but was kidding the second time XD.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
teh_spamerer is clearly the 2nd best, which I've been saying for a long time. ~_~
How is he "Clearly" the 2nd best? Dojo 3 stocked spam the first game, and then lost the next two very very close games. I also watched Dojo beat Ally in a set, two stocking him the last match.

Spam might very well be better then Dojo, but saying he is clearly better is just biased.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
the 1st game was 3 stock high %, and 2nd game was last stock MID %, not "Very very close". Ally lost to Dojo 2-1 in a friendly set if i heard correctly right when ally got there after dojo was playing really well already, and later lost I think a money match set 2-1 I didn't see it.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

Inui is pretty biased in general :laugh:. I think me and Dojo are pretty close, idc who is better.
Yeah, I honestly don't know which of you is better. You both play so differently it's hard to tell and you are both very close in skill it seems.

Edit:

Isn't my sig AMAZING? LOL. I was arguing match-ups with him and he said that and I was like...oh my god best sig ever LOL.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I think Dojo's MK has more skill, while Spam is smarter and can do more matchups (also plays more characters really well)

that's just personal opinion though. Spam has 3 stocked a lot of really good ppl like Neo and AndyG and DMbrandon (even though there was a suicide in that and that was a while back) in tourney and beaten Atomsk every time except one 3-2 really close set. He also gets 1st like almost every time in NJ when I'm not there. Most of you probably don't know that.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Random Ike Guy is teh sex! I heard all about him when I got home, TOO FUNNY!

He honestly should change his tag to RIG.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I'm really sick of this RIG stuff.

Stop spamming about him or I'm going to infract people. Consider this your only warning.

Rocann

Smash Lord
that's just personal opinion though. Spam has 3 stocked a lot of really good ppl like Neo and AndyG and DMbrandon (even though there was a suicide in that and that was a while back)
first, I appreciate you dropping my name as really good. second, just to save some of my own reputation:

he 3 stocked me months ago (mercilessly and ruthlessly), and it was my first experience against an amazing MK offline. I just wanna put out that since then I've gotten a ton of experience (mostly vs you XD) and at cot4 he one stocked me then 2 stocked me high percent. so I probably don't get completely destroyed by him anymore ^_^

I only played dojo one game (well, once he was toon link against me, but that was murder XD) so I can't pass judgment on him vs spam.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
wow ally i talked to u alot lmao but u did say u had memory probs at the tourney too. oh well XD **** mewtwo

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
lmao um pink mk. i faced you in pools. ksizzle!....um yea. i played you with lucario and pink mk on wifi some time ago. i went ddd on our match in pools too on frigate......=/ XD

Boxman X

Smash Ace
Look here steakhead, I didn't ask for your 2 bit

When is Jaedong vs. Bisu going to happen? I want full results.

KDJ - Good **** winning the amateur tournament, too bad you had to leave right after beating m2k and just gave him the win. Who knew Sheik was a MK counter?

Vidjo - Nice to see you got 10th with Peach, that was a nasty UAir to Down B combo.

Ken - You got 67th? But you did so well at Evo and Survivor this year!

Isai - Man, you went all falcon and still got 6th, good job mah dude.

BaleFireBoy - -You gotta teach me how to glide with Luigi.

Boss - Rick Ross

Anther - You're pikachu

Captain Jack - good chaingrabs on marth

Hoshino Kirby - Dunno who's Lucario is better, yours or Lee Harris'

Ally - You should've gone to this, you could've gottn atleast 8th

DaShizWiz - lol spaghetti o's combo, you so random

everyone else - get pooped on

K1T3

Smash Lord

When is Jaedong vs. Bisu going to happen? I want full results.
I think it's March 1st? It should be awesome!
Edit: Hmm the TL article on it says 3/1 in the main article but 2/22 on the front page preview, but I think 2/22 is the right date so sorry guys my bad.
Too bad it's more of just a show match though so I'm sure the games will be great but I doubt they'll go all out and use a bunch of new tricks, but we'll see.

The MSL this season is freakin amazing so far though!

Oh yeah
Good **** KDJ!

Good stuff south peeps also =)
Is Dojo better than RoyR yet?

Did Kadaj enter singles?

Frames

DI
Jaedong vs. Bisu happened over a year ago wtf are you guys doing
so wat this is still gonna be a great match it always is

jaedong's record is 4-2 against bisu so the odds are clearly in his favor plus he's always been good at zvp

its on the 1st and im looking forward to seeing some great matches

K1T3

Smash Lord
Jaedong vs. Bisu happened over a year ago wtf are you guys doing
Gom is having a special match between the winners of Gom seasons 1 and 2.
Jaedong won 1 and Bisu won 2 and thus Jaedong vs Bisu was born again.
(I'm also guessing everyone was tired of the mass PvP?)

GMo

Smash Apprentice
Is Dojo better than RoyR yet?
I'm actually curious to see what the Texas guy say. I haven't heard of them playing lately. Is RoyR retired or was/is he just busy and hasn't played much?

I know at OhSnap, awhile ago, Dojo was pretty dominant in the matchup. I think it was either 6-1 or 6-2 (winner's and grand). So yet probably isn't the best way to describe it.

Love to Hate Nightmare

Smash Rookie
NO ONE WORRY

if you math it up

Chibi, despite being destroyed, was able to rob the community of like 3,000 dollars in venue fees.

sure, toss 800 bucks at the place he rented

so

if you feel bad for him

at least he got like 2.2 k.

=-]

I would love to see the math on the venue fee and the costs of the tourney.

Whats with M2K *****ing about his pot also?

sketchy

=[

Rocann

Smash Lord
way to assume ****. the venue cost, afaik, over 2000 dollars to rent. with all the discounts and stuff for people bringing equipment (and like 30 people being in tos so not having to pay) only about 2400 I think was collected in venue? With a lot of that going toward **** chibo had to buy for the tourney that I'm not even sure he got back (extension cords and ****) because people couldn't control themselves so he got removed before he could get all his ****, AND towards a wii that somebody NOT NAMED CHIBO stole.

he didn't make jack **** for all his (although sometimes poorly executed) undeniably hard work, and housing like 25 people.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
How is he "Clearly" the 2nd best? Dojo 3 stocked spam the first game, and then lost the next two very very close games. I also watched Dojo beat Ally in a set, two stocking him the last match.

Spam might very well be better then Dojo, but saying he is clearly better is just biased.
Nah, teh_spamerer is more consistent. A placing such as 9th has never been next to his name and he places higher than players like Dojo in a stronger region. 4th might be his absolute worst, and that was in NJ while he played like crap. teh_spamerer is also a million times harder to handle in doubles.

I say it based on facts.

Dojo's still really good, though. Nobody's denying that.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
You can't base how good someone is on how they play in doubles because there are too many outside factors in the match. Who cares who's the best, Dojo and Spammerer both don't care so why argue? You're from Spam's area, Hylian's from Dojo's area, so this is pretty pointless because you're both biased and aren't going to come to a clear decision.

F&F

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Yeah, I honestly don't know which of you is better. You both play so differently it's hard to tell and you are both very close in skill it seems.

Edit:

Isn't my sig AMAZING? LOL. I was arguing match-ups with him and he said that and I was like...oh my god best sig ever LOL.
dude, he says so many stupid things in the G&W BR lol

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
I'm from this area but I'm not biased on most things about Brawl and I think spam is better because he's more patient and willing to go to any length to win the match, no matter how boring/gay/lame it is.

Against most opponents (most), Dojo just attacks, and he can because he's MK but it's not always the best decision

Still it's good to see an aggressive MK besides M2K for once (thank god for Dojo)

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
You can't base how good someone is on how they play in doubles because there are too many outside factors in the match. Who cares who's the best, Dojo and Spammerer both don't care so why argue? You're from Spam's area, Hylian's from Dojo's area, so this is pretty pointless because you're both biased and aren't going to come to a clear decision.

F&F
Except I'm not being biased because I don't nessisarily think Dojo is better then spam. Spam certainly plays smarter it would seem so I can't say that Dojo is better then him without being biased. It was just annyoing seeing inui say Spam was clearly better then dojo, like they arn't even close in skill :/.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
IMO: Spam is the slightly better/smarter player, while Dojo is slightly better with the character.

This is the most bias-free and fair answer I could give.

Top Bottom