• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Clash of the Titans 4 Results Thread

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Alright guys, for those of you who missed the SMYN podcast on Sunday where we talked about CoT4 with guest Ninjalink, the download is up! We explain a ton of things that went on behind the scenes of CoT4, including Chibo's perspective as well as my own, and clear up a bunch of rumors (lol @ the gun shot). After we talk about CoT4, we touch on some general gaming news, and some new games like Street Fighter 4 and Sonic and the Black Knight. Its a fun and interesting episode that I think most everyone will enjoy.

Here is the download link for ya'll: http://smyn.smashnexus.net/download.php?id=50

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion
Alright guys, for those of you who missed the SMYN podcast on Sunday where we talked about CoT4 with guest Ninjalink, the download is up! We explain a ton of things that went on behind the scenes of CoT4, including Chibo's perspective as well as my own, and clear up a bunch of rumors (lol @ the gun shot). After we talk about CoT4, we touch on some general gaming news, and some new games like Street Fighter 4 and Sonic and the Black Knight. Its a fun and interesting episode that I think most everyone will enjoy.

Here is the download link for ya'll: http://smyn.smashnexus.net/download.php?id=50
That was Awesome

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
LOL That's true.

I also love how he skipped DaPuffster and ksizzle on his list of big names.

ksizzle deserves recognition. :(

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I love how when SP was announcing which regions had went, he didn't even mention Canada xD
Urg, I mentioned Canada quite a bit before we started the podcast, and I also mentioned a bunch of ya'll at the end of the CoT4 part. I guess I just forgot to mention it when talking about the regions in general.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
LOL That's true.

I also love how he skipped DaPuffster and ksizzle on his list of big names.

ksizzle deserves recognition. :(
DaPuffster needs to do more then pull off random wins off of garbage stages and/or catching a top player on their worst day every two months to be recognized as somebody.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I actually loved the fact that he skipped him, Inui. I wanted ksizzle to be recognized, but not Puff. I didn't really write that too clearly, though.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
meh theres no point doom. im just a mk main from nj according to everyone. even my own crew jeers me cuz i play him. im starting to get real sick of this community.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
MK loses to Snake. Who put teh_spamerer in losers? HRNUT's Snake. Who put Judge in losers? Fatal's Snake. I beat teh_spamerer's MK very badly in tourny recently with Snake.

M2K is the only MK main that owns Snake, but it's like how Azen used to own Sheik with Marth in Melee. It's just him practicing the match a lot and being the best player, not the character.

I don't see why people cry so much about MK. Yes, he's the best character and he owns all the bad ones, but do the other top tiers.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
After watching M2K in action, I can safely say that MK ***** Snake. Yes, much of the reading and what not was due to M2K's skill, but I can recognize character advantages rather well, and often times Ally had absolutely no response in a given situation against M2K when he was recovering. Of course, you have to be very good to pull off the one or two correct reads to put the person in that position, but the fact of the matter is that after those reads, Snake was utterly decimated.

I'm not saying MK is broken, I'm just saying that MK definitely has the advantage in the matchup. Could be 55-45, but an advantage nonetheless.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
MK does not lose to snake you all just suck at the match. Spam said he wasn't playing that well the last time you fought in tourney and said that you even said he wasn't playing good in your set but you still talk about it >_>. MK is the best character but not by that much imo. MK does not lose to Snake I'll change my mind when I lose to one MAYBE, but MK has all the tools to fight at LEAST evenly with Snake imo

panda - MK does not **** snake, Ally just air dodges too much

neither of those characters **** each other, it is a very close to even match. Both me and Ally think that it is a very close to even matchup, I think you should all just listen to us.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
You're just better than every Snake you fight, Jason. Whenever I analyze the match-up and play it, including against you, I feel that Snake has a slight advantage.

Samurai Panda, you can't base it off of Mew2King when no Snake players are at his level yet.

Even when seeing the best MK fight Snakes and playing him myself...I can't agree that MK goes even, let alone wins.

Step it up and get better at the match-up, SP.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
I do think I mastered MK more than anyone else mastered their respective characters, I am highly sure of that, but that doesn't change my mind that the match is at least even right now. It is CERTAINLY not **** for either party though.

also SP, using me as a basis for a matchup isn't a good idea. Ally beats every other MK in the world he's ever played besides me, so what if I wasn't around then Snake is the best character since Ally has the 2nd best tourney record after me (including money matches which he ***** at too)? >_>

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
but the fact is that you ARE around and you ARE the best and thus what you do has to be taken into consideration.

also, i heard about jesses dream and i love the new avi.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
If you guys just do a quick search on YouTube there are several videos up from the live stream already.

Also: I'm listening to the podcast now. I might have to start listening to it a bit more regularly, I like it :p

★J.G WentWorth★

Smash Champion

Lmao at 01:04:30 and on. The 360 taco assailant!

Inui

Banned via Warnings
I do think I mastered MK more than anyone else mastered their respective characters, I am highly sure of that, but that doesn't change my mind that the match is at least even right now. It is CERTAINLY not **** for either party though.

also SP, using me as a basis for a matchup isn't a good idea. Ally beats every other MK in the world he's ever played besides me, so what if I wasn't around then Snake is the best character since Ally has the 2nd best tourney record after me (including money matches which he ***** at too)? >_>
QFT, lol

I agree that the match-up is super close. 55/45 Snake. :D

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Spam said he wasn't playing that well the last time you fought in tourney and said that you even said he wasn't playing good in your set but you still talk about it >_>.
LMAO @ Inui always ignoring this every time someone says it and then still talking about that set later. Hey Inui, how about the two sets before that where I 2-0ed you both times and two stocked you? You know, when I wasn't dashgrabbing the air in front of you and getting punished for that.

R3 vs HRNUT was ******** anyways. I got HIT to 81% on my first stock by a mortar and died(WTF?) and then a C4 on the platform timed out on my second stock that hit me to 82% and killed me. Then third stock I upair him all the way to the top then tornado, he somehow survives and I can't see the stage because the camera zooms out so I end up falling off the stage in my helpless animation and dying. He still probably would have won at this point since I was at 110ish and he was at around 55 but it was still dumb.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
thats very true, i smashed DI'd out the last couple seconds of the nado thats how i didnt die, i figured if i had pulled a grenade i'd probably would have died first...

anyways the 3rd match with me and spam was kinda dumb he did die a lot faster than he should have but the ceiling on that stage is really low so dumb stuff happens...and inui its not good to go bragging about how you beat someone that you can't beat anymore...i'm pretty sure spam is the second best mk in the nation next to m2k...i doubt you'd come close to beating him when he's on his A game

thumbswayup

Smash Master
65: thumbswayup Didn't see
lol I was the red Diddy player who kept mming you. It went progressively down in amount like first one was $3 second one $2 third $1 lol. The last match was the only one where I got you down to one stock haha your Snake is too smart.

Lulz @ Ally you called me NinjaLink when I saw you at the tournament. I was like wtf?!!! LOL then later on in the day you did it again, but was kidding the second time XD.
That's preposterous. Everyone knows you're really Keitaro :laugh:

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Falco beats Snake and Meta Knight

lol, but seriously, if you don't roll a lot like a bunch of Falco's do too much, Falco is very close with both characters.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Meh I airdodge alot, I know, but it seems even if I fast fast *any aerial*. you will just hit me with a uair that comes out really fast. I think I know how for next time but to m, MK will always **** Snake in the air XD reversal B!

Inui

Banned via Warnings

LMAO @ Inui always ignoring this every time someone says it and then still talking about that set later. Hey Inui, how about the two sets before that where I 2-0ed you both times and two stocked you? You know, when I wasn't dashgrabbing the air in front of you and getting punished for that.
And? I played so badly those times I couldn't even boost Smash. I guess we can never both play well when we fight in tourny.

HRNUT said:
and inui its not good to go bragging about how you beat someone that you can't beat anymore...i'm pretty sure spam is the second best mk in the nation next to m2k...i doubt you'd come close to beating him when he's on his A game
I'm sorry, but unlike you OOS players, I have a lot of shots against teh_spamerer and know his style pretty well. I most certainly can beat him. I have in the past and present in both singles and teams. Yes, I am aware he is better than me.

Top Bottom