• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I mean I'mbeing patient. It's not like we can't attend tourney's until it's done lmfao.

I'm just curious as to see who's where.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
I should be getting ready for bed, tomorrow I gotta be somewhere early, but I'm here instead, waiting for the inevitable trolls that are gonna surface within an hours' time. SOMEONE's gotta have answers.

*hint* I'm eating chocolate meanwhile. Now I'm gonna go get a soda.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Bet on current reason why tier list isn't out yet:

"The thing is...if we move Peach down, Dark Pch. will post about how the list is ridiculous. If we keep her in the same spot, then he posts about how we failed him and how dumb we are. But, if we move her up, it is likely that he'll post more because of how much better Peach apparently is...decisions, decisions."

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I should be getting ready for bed, tomorrow I gotta be somewhere early, but I'm here instead, waiting for the inevitable trolls that are gonna surface within an hours' time. SOMEONE's gotta have answers.

*hint* I'm eating chocolate meanwhile. Now I'm gonna go get a soda.
I pity you. You and your arteries. And bones.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero

my man ike says youre full of crap.

also, anyone that REALLY NEEDS to see the tier list that bad, hit me up on aim.
Are you serious? No, really? Then you said in another topic how you wanted to be in the SBR?

I cannot see how anyone will recommend you if you're going to be leaking information.

It isn't an issue onth e fact that it is against the rules within the group to give such information to those outside of the group, but more on the fact that the SBR in itself, should not feel pressured to reveal the tierlist due to the demands of the community.

If people want an accurate tierlist, less pressure needs to be laid on the SBR.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
Bet on current reason why tier list isn't out yet:

"The thing is...if we move Peach down, Dark Pch. will post about how the list is ridiculous. If we keep her in the same spot, then he posts about how we failed him and how dumb we are. But, if we move her up, it is likely that he'll post more because of how much better Peach apparently is...decisions, decisions."
Sigging that lmao

Flashing

Smash Apprentice
Why does it matter? He said himself that its for people who really really want to see it. It's not like he wants to tell everyone. Also if the tier list isn't really that important to to take to heart as many BBR's say then it shouldn't matter what's leaked.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
What is holding its release anyway?
Let's just say that people are expected to do stuff before it's released, and for some unknown reason (probably irl situations), weren't able to do it within the alloted 48 hours Shaya said here.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
What is holding its release anyway?
I believes it is because the tiers are being established. The ranks basically.
To be honest I do not remember the date it should be available publicly.
There is little point if people like K.I.D. are leaking it.

Why does it matter? He said himself that its for people who really really want to see it. It's not like he wants to tell everyone. Also if the tier list isn't really that important to to take to heart as many BBR's say then it shouldn't matter what's leaked.
They can wait, it will not kill them because the tierlist is not the end of all tierlists and will most certainly be modified.
The issue is that it is information that should not have been released outside the SBR. It is part of the rules for the SBR, and honestly for someone who wanted to be in the SBR, he pretty much is doing something against the rules. Let alone that it is something the SBR worked on for a lengthy amount of time, and considering the amount of flaming that goes on, it is best to let the SBR choose when to release their list.

It isn't about whether or not it is harmful, it is about being respectful.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
So basically the tiers should be

1. Meta Knight
2. Characters that don't suck
3. Characters that suck
4. xD

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
If people want an accurate tierlist, less pressure needs to be laid on the SBR.
The reason people are laying pressure is because we were initially told it would come out the 15th...and then delayed to the 20th...and then a 48 hour period after that...and now another day...

The first delay for the character discussions was understandable. But the others quite frankly are rather hokey at best.

Basically: we are doing what normal people do: laying pressure because of constant delays, just like how it works with basically anything that's delayed in reality.

Ya guys might wanna give up on saying a specific date, and instead go for "The 3rd week of X Month" next time. Gives you more leeway, and thus less pressure.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
It was supposedly 99% done about 2 days ago iirc.
Mhm, it was as Shaya said.
The actual listing of best to worst was done.

The reason people are laying pressure is because we were initially told it would come out the 15th...and then delayed to the 20th...and then a 48 hour period after that...and now another day...

The first delay for the character discussions was understandable. But the others quite frankly are rather hokey at best.

Basically: we are doing what normal people do: laying pressure because of constant delays, just like how it works with basically anything that's delayed in reality.
I cannot imagine how the community managed to survive a 4 month delay for Brawl. you would think a delay of a little over a week could be bareable.

The character discussions was a necessity.
There was also the fact that, as Shaya said, we wanted as much participation for the tierlist as possible.
Right as that was finished, the leak occurred and screwed things up quite a bit.

The community really should be patient, and honestly laying pressure over something that SBR members cannot control individually, and even worse spreading information the SBR doesn't want revealed yet does not aid in the matter.

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero

This plan worked wonders for Duke Nukem. What could possibly go wrong? =D

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Wait it got delayed to the 20th?

I thought that it got delayed to an unspecified time between the 20th and the end of September. Atleast that's what I recall the post in the other BBR thread saying.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
if you guys dont remember we did this when the actual brawl game was delayed too...

its just that when the game was delayed, they announced sonic to calm the masses. you havent really put up anything like that.

Dragon

Smash Cadet
Life will go on if the tier list is delayed.
I'm sure it would, what's your point? It's almost like you jump at the opportunity to make a comment. I don't see anywhere in my post where I may have implied that I'm in a rush to see the tier list. I'm simply questioning whats keeping them from being true to their words.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Wait it got delayed to the 20th?

I thought that it got delayed to an unspecified time between the 20th and the end of September. Atleast that's what I recall the post in the other BBR thread saying.
It was 20th-30th, but then we were basically told it was basically ready to be posted. And then the 48 hour delay.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom