• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Tiers that matter for 5:

T:
MK

H:
Falco, Snake, Diddy Kong, Marth, Wario, ICs
Pikachu, Olimar, Zero Suit Samus, Lucario, King Dedede

M:
Peach, Fox, GaW, TL, Kirby (this is what tier I'd put them in, but as far as the order goes I'm not really sure)

blah

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Falco over Snake?
Definitely not lol.
I wasn't totally convinced either, but no Snake in top 8 sort of sealed it for me. The only Snake performing even close to the status of "definite #2 in the game" is Ally.

Snake may very well still be #2 but in my opinion the gap is much, much smaller than we've thought previously.

Beyond that, I think the tier list I've posted represents the current metagame much better than the current official tier list. I may have been too nice with Wario, but generally I think his good qualities are obvious enough that dropping much more than 8th or 9th is unrealistic anyway. ICs are dramatically overhyped, but continue to get results (spotty though they may be). The problem with ICs is than an off day affects the ICs player much more than other characters, so naturally they won't see consistent top 8s like other high tier characters.

Really, a tier list is a pretty fluid thing and it's mostly about getting characters within the right tier, and to me isn't so much about ordering them. It's enough to say "Yeah, Snake is about as good as Falco and Diddy" and leave it at that.

Luxor

Smash Champion
It might happen. DEHF winning Apex didn't hurt.
I like that list actually. I doubt Falco will be over Snake and I'm not totally sure he deserves to be, but everything else is spot-on, particularly Peach/Fox moving up.

UberMario

Smash Master
I hope a new tier list does come out soon, I felt V3 was far more accurate, in fact I'd go as far saying v4 is the one I disagree with the second most of the ones I've seen (after v1). In my opinion, S tier shouldn't exist (I'm totally serious), and that it should just be the sixsome of MK, Diddy, Snake, Falco, IC, and Olimar in A. I also believe that ZSS should be up there with Marth and Wario aswell (but relegated to B), plus I also feel that Toon Link, Link and Ike and Ness are too high (mostly Ness and Ike, don't flame me if you main him, I'm just saying that's how I feel), aswell as believing that Mario, Zelda, Yoshi, and Kirby should be higher up, Mario and Yoshi feel like middle-tier characters, and Kirby a B tier character, though I can't see Zelda getting higher than E.

I'm just sayin', if anyone disagrees I totally understand, this is just how I feel about the characters after playing both as and against them since the release.

If a final tier list was ever made, I think [or rather hope] it would look like this:

A:
Meta Knight
Diddy Kong
Snake
Falco
Ice Climbers
Olimar
B:
Marth
Pikachu
Zero Suit Samus
King DeDeDe
Mr. Game & Watch
Kirby
C:
Wario
Pit
Mario
ROB
Lucario
D:
Donkey Kong
Yoshi
Wolf
Toon Link
Luigi
Fox
Sonic
Peach
E:
Shiek
Lucas
Bowser
Captain Falcon
F:
Ness
Pokemon Trainer
Zelda
Jigglypuff
G:
Ganondorf
Samus
Ike
Link

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
Ike and Ness are too high (mostly Ness and Ike, don't flame me if you main him, I'm just saying that's how I feel)
Seeing as Ike has been getting results like a Mid-tier for ages now, and several BBRs have commented that Ike should move up: you probably aren't going to like his next movement in the tier list then.

@SMP: *once again goes on about Falco never being second due to no way safe to deal with planking in even the most remote sense of the word*

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
@SMP: *once again goes on about Falco never being second due to no way safe to deal with planking in even the most remote sense of the word*
I never follow this line of thinking. It's true that Falco can't really deal with planking, but recent frame data and research suggests (proves, really) that no one else can, either. Given that, Falco actually has the best tools to deal with planking because he can snipe an early lead and has the best chance to maintain it.

UberMario

Smash Master
Seeing as Ike has been getting results like a Mid-tier for ages now, and several BBRs have commented that Ike should move up: you probably aren't going to like his next movement in the tier list then.
I probably will not, he might be a powerhouse, but I just feel he's too slow to be where he is at . . . . . especially since he's relatively [to the rest of the cast] easy to pressure with pretty much any projectile in the game and both of his recoveries are not hard to edgeguard against (though they hit hard if you screw up doing so, especially Aether's ledge spike).

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
I probably will not, he might be a powerhouse, but I just feel he's too slow to be where he is at . . . . . especially since he's relatively [to the rest of the cast] easy to pressure with pretty much any projectile in the game and both of his recoveries are not hard to edgeguard against (though they hit hard if you screw up doing so, especially Aether's ledge spike).
Really? To me the best think about Ike is that some of his moves are very quick (back air, for instance) and some of them are yes, slow. That combined with the raw power of his strikes makes him very scary. I see Ike and DK as being similar in that way.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
MK's planking? No. Other characters' planking? Snake has a better shot than Falco. Falco would have to have the lead the entire match to avoid being plank'd and losing. If he slips up once against a opponent who will play ubergay, he might as well just throw himself off the ledge. All it takes is one good read against Falco to take the lead, one whiffed grab when going for the CG, one messed up spacing attempt, and he's lost the lead. If the opponent makes it to the ledge with that lead, Falco is finished.

It's such a big weakness, I'd be willing to go for it as Ike. And Ike doesn't have the best ledge game around. That's just too big of a weakness to be second.

@UberMario: Go watch some videos of San playing. That's why he's most likely moving up. You also might want to look up some of Ike's combos, such as Dash Attack out of Bthrow.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Whoever posted that tier list...Pokemon Trainer in F tier? Even though Squirtle brings his ******** friend Ivysaur around (Charizard isn't terrible), I don't think that qualifies the character as a whole as a truly low tier character.

UberMario

Smash Master
I've seen vids of San, I just don't see anything unstoppable about Ike when played carefully against him. (No offense to San) Ike feels like a "mistake punisher" or "you're open!" character rather than a sweeper.

Luxor

Smash Champion
In your list, Mario was two spots behind Wario and ahead of Lucario. Heck, Wario was behind Kirby and Ike was terrible. Ike's jab is a better character than anyone in F-Triforce tiers. I feel like you forgot Wario and Ike going down the list and just smacked 'em where you were when you remembered.

UberMario

Smash Master
Looking back at it, Wario should be higher, but that is how I really feel about Ike. If any Ike mains want to prove me wrong I'd be more than glad to battle them. I was going to look for a match just now anyway.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
I wouldn't be surprised if Diddy was bumped ahead of Snake on the BBR's next tier list.

Chuee

Smash Hero
I wasn't totally convinced either, but no Snake in top 8 sort of sealed it for me. The only Snake performing even close to the status of "definite #2 in the game" is Ally.

Snake may very well still be #2 but in my opinion the gap is much, much smaller than we've thought previously.

Beyond that, I think the tier list I've posted represents the current metagame much better than the current official tier list. I may have been too nice with Wario, but generally I think his good qualities are obvious enough that dropping much more than 8th or 9th is unrealistic anyway. ICs are dramatically overhyped, but continue to get results (spotty though they may be). The problem with ICs is than an off day affects the ICs player much more than other characters, so naturally they won't see consistent top 8s like other high tier characters.

Really, a tier list is a pretty fluid thing and it's mostly about getting characters within the right tier, and to me isn't so much about ordering them. It's enough to say "Yeah, Snake is about as good as Falco and Diddy" and leave it at that.
Ally got DQed for not showing up on time LOL.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
That's what Ally and co. get for trusting Izumi for a ride and not knowing how to get a cab. xD

BSP

Smash Legend
Tiers that matter for 5:

T:
MK

H:
Falco, Snake, Diddy Kong, Marth, Wario, ICs
Pikachu, Olimar, Zero Suit Samus, Lucario, King Dedede

M:
Peach, Fox, GaW, TL, Kirby (this is what tier I'd put them in, but as far as the order goes I'm not really sure)

blah
What about Luigi? He's at least mid-tier.

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
SFP's teir lists are bad...

how many falco's were in top 8?

Who is ranked second over all?

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Seriously, how does losing to HAZE or Havok make you bad at the Marth matchup. If Ally is garbage against Marth you and 99% of the smash community sucks lubricated horse **** in the matchup.

So yeah ZSS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom