• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
YEEEEEEE

so **** that everyone is hosting <333

Edit: see if some of those 2D dudes would enter a Melee thing, Slasher. You never know haha

vZakat

Half Genie
Edit: see if some of those 2D dudes would enter a Melee thing, Slasher. You never know haha
I highly doubt that. I was at stinger's tourney with some AH3 players and it was kinda embarrassing seeing them laugh at people wanting $2 mm's and what not. Granted melee is a different animal than brawl, I can't really imagine many if any getting into melee. I suppose it would hurt to try though...

Moophobia

Smash Champion
Sneak told me about trying to get one of his fighting game buddies to play melee and he had trouble even utilting I highly doubt they'd want to play

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
yea so the ***** was like... "yea, we don't rent out to events like that"

****ING **** stingers you need to start holding melee and brawl at the same time...

EDIT: Also I hate my life cause this **** didn't work.... SO CLOSE... SUCH A GOOD DEAL... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

vZakat

Half Genie
Couldn't we just alternate what's hosted at state. So like one week melee, the next week brawl. Than we'd have bi-weeklies for both.

That would be a lot of hosting though...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
We've always been pretty okay with hosting both before. I'm not sure why it would be any different now, especially since Stongers is sorta part of both communities.

It would be nice to have a Melee-only series run though, I think. Something more serious.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i mean we'll have sneaks tournaments once they get started.

i'd say NCSU's should be alternating biweeklies, and the "biweeks" that they host brawl, sneak holds a melee tournament.

or something like that. that way melee tournaments have biweeklies, NCSU only has to host once every two weeks, and i figure brawl will figure out something else as well when NCSU has its melee days.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
that reminds me:

is anybody east of greensboro planning on going to TGM3?

cuz if not, i really will try to get a car together for a GA tournament next week.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i want to play with anyone any day they want to play. im in frederick, u can come to me or i can go out that way, idc. i get off work at 4 each day

Sushi-Man

Smash Ace
Hey PP how do you get out of sheik's d-throw chaingrab on FD (or any other stage) on marth? I tried holding the control stick away from sheik but it doesn't seem to work.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Hey PP how do you get out of sheik's d-throw chaingrab on FD (or any other stage) on marth? I tried holding the control stick away from sheik but it doesn't seem to work.
Okay this is kind of a rock and a hard place situation from my understanding of it. If you DI away then Sheik gets a regrab forever. DI behind Sheik and she can tippered upsmash even at low percents and potentially combo off of it.

I READ THOUGH that if you DI verrrrry slightly in front of Sheik and then away that all she can do is Ftilt and maybe Fair after that(but not always Fair even especially if you SDI the ftilt away).

You'll have to mess around with it some to get the right angle and % ideas down though I think. I don't get to play the matchup enough to know those sadly.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Sneak if you're talkin to me then yeah I am because KK posted it. That guy's knowledge is super best plus he'd know since he actually mains Sheik.

DJRome

Smash Hero
there is a slight di in front (and slightly upward) of shiek where if you take the ftilt, you can fair out if they try to fair followup. any di behind is usmash into combo and forward cgs until around 60-70 guaranteed

marth shouldn't be getting grabbed tho

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
there is a slight di in front (and slightly upward) of shiek where if you take the ftilt, you can fair out if they try to fair followup. any di behind is usmash into combo and forward cgs until around 60-70 guaranteed

marth shouldn't be getting grabbed tho
Lots of this. Up and out can get you either a clean Fair or at least a trade. If they react fast it's still hard but it's honestly the best option unless you don't think they'll be ready to react to DI slightly behind.

I agree with DJ though (obviously). The key to not losing to Sheik is keeping her at the end of your sword and going for almost only guaranteed grabs (hitstun -> grab, punishes, hard reads). Sheik's moveset chewing up Marth once he's launched (and everything launches lol) makes Fsmash super risky. The match up definitely seems to even out (more) at higher levels, mainly because spacing/punishes are much more significant.

lord karn

Smash Master
I think at low percents, up until like 30 the slight DI only leads to ftilt, which doesn't really lead to anything unless they DI. After that the sheik can just go straight to fair when you slight DI (or nair perhaps). Any DI behind will go to tipper usmash and will kill marth on most levels at 70%. Don't do that. If you DI in front of her it chaingrabs, and at around 60% it starts leading to dash attack, which then leads into all sorts of things.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I think at low percents, up until like 30 the slight DI only leads to ftilt, which doesn't really lead to anything unless they DI. After that the sheik can just go straight to fair when you slight DI (or nair perhaps). Any DI behind will go to tipper usmash and will kill marth on most levels at 70%. Don't do that. If you DI in front of her it chaingrabs, and at around 60% it starts leading to dash attack, which then leads into all sorts of things.
While this will sound ridiculous but getting tipper Usmashed at midrange percents is a much better option than getting torn up by Ftilts/Fairs. If they pop you up, with good DI you'll be relatively safe, and with no DI you'll still be able to get out of hitstun before they can possibly get to you again and you'll be able to counter/airdodge/Dair.

Taking a hit and reacting better/faster than they expect a lot of the time is a better mixup than doing predictable DI/jumps out of overused combos. When I get Dthrown by Sheik, unless I'm at kill percents, I'm much more worried about doing what they expect me to get out of and them following up well then I am about whatever immediate damage after the throw.

lord karn

Smash Master
Yeah, I just meant don't do it after 70%. Although Sheik can't get much except at very low percents of a ftilt vs. marth.

Top Bottom