• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
For the record, I have 4 stocked all but a handful of the active players in NC within the last 6 months to year, so take your pick. 4 stocks happen and I'm not trying embarrass or start stuff with anyone; a few people have randomly 4 stocked me
LOOOOOOOOOOL

Why did I just notice this???

Josh, stop waving your **** around before it gets caught in the barbed wire

Pretentious prick

:222:

:phone:

lord karn

Smash Master
yeah twitch, we played at the hickory tournament. it happened so fast, i'm not surprised you don't remember.

my chances to get pr'd were limited to playing DJ's sheik every tournament back when he was around. And i think i lost to yay a lot too.

you might not think i get the lowest seed, but usually, if smith isn't around, i get pretty close to the lowest seed. like that 8 man bracket hickory tournament, i'm pretty sure me and smith were the lowest seeds lol. most people who would be seeded lower than me either don't make it to the tourneys i end up at or just don't enter *shrug*

hell, even at G6, i barely squeaked through JMH first round LOL. it coulda been him in that 7 spot and me in that 33 just as easily lol.

my chances do come and go though. i guess i'll just keep choking 2-1 vs josh and beating people who beat pr'd players.
Well I'm typically the main person who seeds tournament in NC, along with PP, and I can guarantee you you are not at the bottom. I mean, maybe at Hickory you were, I wasn't there, but at the G6s you've generally had a seed of around 4 or 5 or something like that. There were handfuls of players with lower seeds.

It sounds to me like you've had plenty of opportunities to beat good players, and that my earlier assessment still stands. Our scene is getting way better and it seems to most people like they were seeded badly. You probably have to play someone really good 1st or second round at most tournaments. Think about the amount of 'top' players there are. PP, Twitch, lozr, dop, yay and a handful of out of state players that come. You might have to play them pretty early, but someone with a seed like I get will just have to play them one round later, which isn't that big of a deal. And then you get at least one more chance to beat someone good in losers.

And yeah, pools help a ton. You still have to seed the pools, though.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
And yeah, pools help a ton. You still have to seed the pools, though.
You would have to seed the pools yes, but that would be muuuuuuuch easier than a seeding a bracket, not to mention the fact that (everyone knows this I know not a revelation here) seeding the bracket with pools results is fairly simple. Maybe a couple of "regional" issues but that's going to happen no matter what.

Once again I know pools can be difficult, especially with the size of venues, amount of entrants/set-ups, can be lackluster. I do, however firmly believe that trying to make pools an NC tourney standard will help with any model y'all choose to rank and such. More data can never hurt, and more possibilities for more people to play different people is something that we reeeeeeally need from what I keep reading.

Data

data

data

EDIT: I died for about 15 minutes last night

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
idk if this will make anyone feel better/worse/nothing idrc, but

considering that i was pr'ed shortly after my arrival in nc, i still got matched with pp and/or lozr pretty much every tournament that i went to and felt like i would have gone further in the bracket if that werent the case

to ppl complaining about that cycle, i say: Sucks to your Q.Q

SK919

Deal with it
might get a job at the arcade bar. I want to help out... I'm going to run SSF4/3rd tournaments here just so the bar has decent amounts of people paying door fees buttttt I want to help out the melee community so much..

I wana run something... so bad.. I love melee

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
might get a job at the arcade bar. I want to help out... I'm going to run SSF4/3rd tournaments here just so the bar has decent amounts of people paying door fees buttttt I want to help out the melee community so much..

I wana run something... so bad.. I love melee
does that mean ur not moving back to durham?

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
besides that? i'm trying to figure out when i should start hosting. I'm trying to make it so its brawl one week and melee the next and so on
ay earl.

i'm gettin ancy over here.

just close your eyes and pick a f*ckin weekend, damn nicka throw a dart if u have to

ain't **** happenin..

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
sounds good, but they really don't have the space to hold us.

it'd be like trying to host in a gamestop.

where there aren't pinball machines, there are racks of games. where there aren't racks of games, there's more fighting games, shmups, or something else. they don't really have pure space for 15-20 people to sit down and bring TV's and run a tournament.

Moophobia

Smash Champion
Besides I heard the owners want to run the tournaments not have someone from the community do it. INC FFA ITEMS TOURNEYS Lost Ark les do this

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Nah the guy I talked to this weekend said they would be willing to let someone from the community do all the bracketing and rule sets as long as they got the door fee.

Top Bottom