• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! Updated 8/14/14!

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
guys, i'm probably going to TGM, we can just trip balls there as usual

or yall can like.. touch each other in raleigh while i go **** alone, it's w/e

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
wait moo did i already tell you that we'd team?

i never remember that **** if it's so early, but if it's true let me know, and i'll tell chris to take a hike.

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
if sneak goes then i'll team with chris

if he can't make it then i'll team with moo

whether y'all like it or not

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Alright guys.

So I was messing around on my phone, trying to figure out how to root it to my computer and I accidentally did a factory reset. Yes, I'm stupid as ****. Only I could do something so dumb. Needless to say, I lost your numbers.

So text me if you guys wanna, like, talk and stuff.

In other news, my Marisa. GODDAMN, my Marisa. *flexes*

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
So....that top Mexican Fox, Javi, is attending Apex. The shenanigans will be strong at that tourney.

Also yeah rofl TGM3 results for this PR so far. At least it's always exciting. XD

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i guess.

i don't exactly feel that way.

but there were a few things i was seeing and able to punish a little harder. but theres still so much further my ganon can go. i feel like my ganon has seen better wavelanding days...i used to be so diligent in practicing daily...le sigh....

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I didn't mean more technical lol you played smarter which is better overall considering you have enough tech skill to not mess up for the most part.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah, i mean i played smarter, i started paying attention to a few more things and started playing patiently and waiting for things at pivotal moments, but there were still some openings i saw but couldn't take advantage of simply from a current techskill barrier that i've re-placed upon myself.

albeit, some of my wavelands went too far today lol.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah when you consider how you know more of what to look for and how to play then that becomes important to work on. When you're ready or a bigger event comes up then you'll put that tech together with the smarts and do work and it feels pretty good coming together haha.

Basically, don't sweat your tech and just keep upping your mental game as long as your tech stays fairly consistent. Grinding that tech out can come before tourneys or at least before bigger ones as needed.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah. playing falcon felt good cause for one, moonwalk option coverage is fun, and two, i felt like there were certain tech away situtations that i could get to as falcon that i couldn't as ganon, and his raptor boost is better. it's got down b pullback with better punishment.

also got a decent amount of pivot fsmashes and ftilts today.

my powershield game was okay. could be a little tighter.

idk this game is weird. first thing i need to do is reacquire a memory card lol. i guess i'll start truly working toward apex after that. me and ryan teamed horribly today.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
To be honest sneak seemed off. He needs to play more. Part of it is this weird Sheik thing and not caring too much but I'm not saying he has to care so much as providing an explanation for teams.

It'd be nice if he did though. =p

Your powershields were wtf(especially PS out of shield that is absolutely mind frogging) but yeah seemed a little inconsistent.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah. i really want to find out what causes that. sveet/strongbad/other AR people seemed to try to work at it, but couldn't really find anything useful that causes it. i've asked about it in the faq/q&a thread. i think they think it's just the shield drop animation finishing and me powershielding after it, but i don't think the shield drop ends that fast. i thought it could be some sort of parry system, but they seemed to think that no matter what, if you drop you shield you can't act during those 15+ frames. so even though the input just feels like seeing an attack coming, dropping your shield and putting it up again to ps, they don't think that's how it works (due to shield drop frames)

can't explain it. but i think theres a lot to it. but the frame data appears to show otherwise.

also wasn't able to up b oos very often. other marths space better than ethan does. i need to let him know this. i couldn't even get away with it after a lot of dtilts that peter threw, much less than well spaced fsmashes.

edit: i'd like sneak to care, but i'd also like to be a better teammate than i've been as of late. i'd like to focus on myself more than try to dictate how he's going to play this game. i kill him VERY often, and am usually kinda just lurking waiting for things to come my way instead of actively covering options to cut off the opponent and KEEP them with ryan. i keep waiting for them to come out so i can send them back in, rather than just helping keep them in, you know? i let them get out the box before putting them back in, when i should really become the walls of the box that sneak is just demolishing in...instead i was more like a water mill, letting most things through even though i provided some resistance. so bad...but i have decent ideas now after playing, how to make these things better. so if we do go to raleigh, i guess expect a slightly better ganon in whatever team we have.

and now i'm sleepin.

Top Bottom