• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! (Updated 2/11/10!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I don't want to kill you Kevin, sorry to disappoint.

You do need to teach me more Falco though. >;C

Glad my post from earlier today cleared everything up.

Make the new effin power rankings so that talk can slack up about them.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Before time began there was the cube. We know not where it comes from only that it holds the power to create worlds and fill them with life.

That is how our race was born. For a time we lived in harmony.

But like all great power some wanted it for good others for evil and so began the war.

*Melody fades in*

*Bass kick*

*clap*

*breakdown*

Bass Modulators FTW. I love me some Hardstyle

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I would've done them anyway Lucas, just not as quickly.

I don't have school tomorrow, so I might be able to get both PRs done easily. I'll have to see what the panel's schedule looks like.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
I might just be taking crazy pills or something........ but.......

Why is there even any debate over the PR's? If the tournaments decide them, then why not have a point system for the placings(something like... points exponentially increasing in value with the better you place) and then the panel decide what scale, or point values to use depending on the tourney's attendance.? That would rid us of the debate, brown-nosing, etc etc.... and obviously SLIGHT changes, according to the panel's disgression, would be allowed.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Because results in one tournament may not be as viable as results from another tournament, and making an exponential model for placings in different tournies has too many variables to account for.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
it WOULD be viable, because you would change the point system _depending_ on who attends the tourneys. The amount of points assigned to each place COULD be dependent of panel disgression, or you could sum up everyone's individual point value that entered the tournament, and that could determine the pt. values for 1-10...

and making an exponential model wouldn't make it too complicated... of course the rate of point value should increase from 10-1, even if it's only somewhat!!

and just for the record i don't care about getting on the PR, nor do I play competitively..just someone who likes to play smash in nc.. i don't want anyone to e-attack me here. and i also <3 pp. i'm just giving everyone a non-biased opinion from someone who has admin'd numerous leagues, tourneys, ladders, and done rankings for several games.

The panel already does an excellent job though, my suggestion was only in regards debate over the rankings.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Well then, maybe you could show me a model of points for placings that is easily flexible? I certainly won't knock it until I see it. (get ***** stupid cliche)

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Ugh. My post got deleted so this will be the abbreviated version..

A point system would completely **** really good players just from smaller tourneys they couldn't attend (ex: Billfest, Foxy's). Ali hasn't made a tourney since Tipped Off, where he didn't do that well (understandable because the competition was very serious), but I still think he should be number 3.

I think MM's should definitely count into things more because I think a lot of the time people who aren't as good in tournaments place higher due to brackets. For example someone could end up playing two people in the top three. They would place low, far lower than someone who gets to play people around their level.

I have faith that Kevin and his crew will make accurate and fair power rankings as they should be now. It won't matter how we do it though. I'm gonna be #3 soon. ;] Fox is a very gay character and mine is getting buttery. <3

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
yeah darksyde i agree, but not if you do it right :) tournaments should have a point value too, which of course is dependent on the sum of the participants' point value... So a victory at a tourney like the one at boone, where pp, lozr, etc etc did not show up would be a fraction of the victory earned at billfest.. where more of NC's main point holders participated. As an example, lets say that the boone tourney had 1/3 of the points that billfest did. In turn, earning a #1 placing at bill fest would be 3x the amount of points than a #1 at boone...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I promise I'll try my hardest to make this fair, bro.

I'll let everyone know when discussion begins. When that happens, I want everyone that has been in MMs to put up their information again. I've forgotten just about all of it lol.

I'll update the OP with that info.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
He's still my main in general but I can't deal with good Sheik/Falco matchups. Lasers and needles are devastating.

I beat Mask in a MM at Foxy's but to be fair, he 2-0'd me at Bill's after us going even in A LOT friendlies. I also didn't counter pick because I'm not gay and I respect when people can beat me at one of my very best match ups.

I definitely meant to MM a bunch of people at Bill's but I squandered. I definitely will at Herb.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Lucas, he was just making a suggestion lol. Nothing wrong with thinking of constructive ways to help the NC Smash scene.

So when's the next smashfest?? I want MM's.

Malk

Smash Champion
But, I'm on Matt's account so I have to flame him.

I'm thinking we should do something on the 7th, but that's just me.

~ Lucas

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Well dark hart, I doesn't matter to me if anyone took my opinion seriously, although I'm sure a few did. Rest assured though that I paid you the same courtesy by not taking any of your previous rants on this thread seriously :)

As I said the panel already does an awesome job doing the rankings....

Malk

Smash Champion
SRS BIZNESS TIME

who, that has posted in this thread in the last 3 days, honestly thinks they can reliably beat me in super smash brothers melee?

^ not arrogance, real talk

Malk

Smash Champion
I will post it

1) pp
2) lozr
3) ali
4) tc
5) foxy
6) rawfuls
7) dark hart
8) jim