• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! (Updated 2/11/10!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
1. Watch ChuDat videos for the basics
2. Train against lvl 1, lvl 3, and lvl 9 cpu's to make up your own combos and defensive techniques
3. Get used to the desynching timing
4. Play against good players who are good at not getting grabbed
5. Wobble

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
Well I'm not gonna john here because we all know that his Falcon is amazing, but you really don't know how nervous I was being I just won the first match and basically all the melee people were crowded around us yelling. That was the only time he 4 stocked me all day, and throughout the day when I played him in friendlies I did well against him. Also, the third match in our tourney set was close. If he was continuously 4 stocking me I think the situation would be entirely different, but almost beating him in the last match after a 4 stock proves my point.

...?

I beat you pretty easily in our tourney matches... they weren't very close.

Not trying to argue or anything, I'm just saying.
first part i admittedly had an obstructed view of the set and it is also the only set i watched between you two im going to apologize for jumping to any conclusions second part i just got done saying you should be higher than me on pr's and you said that?..... w/e

GofG

Smash Champion
first part i admittedly had an obstructed view of the set and it is also the only set i watched between you two im going to apologize for jumping to any conclusions second part i just got done saying you should be higher than me on pr's and you said that?..... w/e
no johns, rawfuls

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
i wasnt giving any johns i apologized cus from what i saw at the tourny the second match looked like lozr suddenly decided to start playing but if mike was nervous which was definately justifable in that environment it could easily lead to poor di and/or missed techs and/or many other things which would lead to getting comboed easier however from my view all i saw was mike dying i didnt really see how... so i clearly assumed something i shouldnt have and thus an apology

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
I know teams doesn't mean much, but Lucas did manage to get carried by you to 1st in doubles and I think that counts for something, even if he did get, what, 17th in singles? If he keeps making showings he certainly can be top 15, I don't think he'll make it on these but for what it's worth I'd rank him there at 13th.
Yes, Austin, Kevin carried me the whole way and I had nothing to do with it. Nothing at all. It's not like everyone I played against in teams was better than me, even though I had Kevin on my team. It's not like I helped at all, just got carried by Kevin to 1st. You're totally right. I did nothing, and Kevin could have won it on his own.

I also think that Alex and Rawfulz sould be higher on your list, and Nebs should be lower.

Also, I got 13th in singles, not 17th (should've gotten 9th or 7th imo, but no johns...). Also, I beat Mohr in tourney, who placed 5th at Foxy's tourney (I placed 13 there too...). That should also count for something.

iirc:
Bills Melee singles
1 - PP
2 - LoZR
3 - TC
4 - Rawfulz
5 - Mike
5 - Karn
7 - Darksyde
7 - ???

That's about as far as I know.

lord karn

Smash Master
Honestly, the result of all of your matches probably would have been the same regardless of who pp teamed with except the set vs lozr's team. That's really the only one that says anything. PP can carry pretty much anyone. Just note Matt constantly attacking pp in all of their sets at foxy's and them still winning.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Honestly, the result of all of your matches probably would have been the same regardless of who pp teamed with except the set vs lozr's team. That's really the only one that says anything. PP can carry pretty much anyone. Just note Matt constantly attacking pp in all of their sets at foxy's and them still winning.
I don't think that's true, with the exception of Matt and Rawfulz's team. I don't think just anyone could've 2-0'd TC and Cory if they teamed with Kevin. Not to mention, we beat LoZR and Josh in 2 sets, 3-1 and 3-2. I'm just saying I helped, and Austin is wrong about Kevin carrying me all the way to to 1st with him.

lord karn

Smash Master
I don't think that's true, with the exception of Matt and Rawfulz's team. I don't think just anyone could've 2-0'd TC and Cory if they teamed with Kevin. Not to mention, we beat LoZR and Josh in 2 sets, 3-1 and 3-2. I'm just saying I helped, and Austin is wrong about Kevin carrying me to to 1st with him.
PP is just so much better than everyone else other than lozr, that as long as his teammate isn't terrible, he will probably carry anyone to the finals.

Foxy

Smash Master
Yes, Austin, Kevin carried me the whole way and I had nothing to do with it. Nothing at all. It's not like everyone I played against in teams was better than me, even though I had Kevin on my team. It's not like I helped at all, just got carried by Kevin to 1st. You're totally right. I did nothing, and Kevin could have won it on his own.

I also think that Alex and Rawfulz sould be higher on your list, and Nebs should be lower.
Uhhhhhhhhh did you even READ my post?

I specifically DID give you credit for making 1st in teams, which is why you were on my list at all. Of course you were carried, you can't even begin to argue against that, I mean technically even Corey was carried by Adam, carrying doesn't mean that one player is useless but it means that one is definitely doing more of the work and contributing a lot.

I said that although you were carried, I think it counted for something.

Also, you can't say that Nebs should be lower, because you've never played him, and I played him a bunch and saw him beat Alex and Matt multiple times (regardless of johns). Nebs is definitely an incredible player. Just because you're jealous doesn't mean you get to try to give him negative feedback that you don't even have the experience to give.

/rant

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
1. Austin, **** you, seriously, you've been getting on my nerves for a month now just because you act so ****ing ******** on the boards, and irl. Honestly, you're almost as bad as Killer and Flamingo were.
2. I understand that I won because Kevin was on my team, but that being said it's not like I sat around at killed myself as Kevin became superman. You make it seem like he did all the work when you weren't even there, you didn't see that matches, and you don't really know anything.
3. ...I can say Nebs should be lower due to inactivity and the fact that he's only been to one tourney, which is the reason why I think he should be lower.

And why the **** do you think I'm jealous. Where the **** do you come off thinking that I'm jealous? I don't deserve a spot on the PRs and I know it. I don't give a **** about the PRs, but I'm going to help my friend Kevin as much as I can because I know he does and he wants it to be as accurate as possible. Not to mention, if you haven't noticed, I don't take **** from anyone, no matter what. It's just in my nature.

Just do everyone a favor and **** off

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
PP is just so much better than everyone else other than lozr, that as long as his teammate isn't terrible, he will probably carry anyone to the finals.
This is true. I bring up the BEAN. He's bad, don't get me wrong. But he always teamed with L0zR. Why? Usually a guaranteed victory. BEANS hates to lose, real talk, bros.

But anyway - MOAR L0zR and PP for teams. Straight **** team.

Foxy

Smash Master
1. Austin, **** you, seriously, you've been getting on my nerves for a month now just because you act so ****ing ******** on the boards, and irl. Honestly, you're almost as bad as Killer and Flamingo were.
2. I understand that I won because Kevin was on my team, but that being said it's not like I sat around at killed myself as Kevin became superman. You make it seem like he did all the work when you weren't even there, you didn't see that matches, and you don't really know anything.
3. ...I can say Nebs should be lower due to inactivity and the fact that he's only been to one tourney, which is the reason why I think he should be lower.

And why the **** do you think I'm jealous. Where the **** do you come off thinking that I'm jealous? I don't deserve a spot on the PRs and I know it. I don't give a **** about the PRs, but I'm going to help my friend Kevin as much as I can because I know he does and he wants it to be as accurate as possible. Not to mention, if you haven't noticed, I don't take **** from anyone, no matter what. It's just in my nature.

Just do everyone a favor and **** off
i made TWO posts that complimented your playing and gave you credit on your accomplishment getting 1st with peepee and you continue to get angry because you think i'm flaming you?

obviously calling you jealous was just trolling you because this ****storm was bound to happen, but honestly, you are quite a jealous person (as most people are). and i'm definitely not talking about jealousy regarding PR spots, because i know you don't care about them. but why else do you think you give me so much crap, like you're doing now? oh, don't respond to that, i don't like arguing.

lucas bro, i have nothing against you, you're cool, i really don't understand where the hate's coming from. i don't see any posts i've ever made that are even close to being interpreted as ********, nor do i act ******** in person. you confuse me.

bro, i like you, why have you got so much hate?

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Why am I giving you crap? Well for one, I found your "complements" to not be anywhere near flattering. All I saw was, "dark hart didn't do **** to get first, he just teamed with PP. Because of this, I give him the lowest spot on the PR I can think of."

And as for jealousy, you never answered my question.

And as for hate, I blame my parents, I'd take it out on them, but last time that happened, I put 9 holes in the wall, completely destroyed my dads printer, was forced to go into therapy (which I quit), got a prescription for something that I never took, ended up with a bloody nose, and got my school counselor to call Social Services the next day. That's why I don't take **** from anybody and take almost everything to heart. That's why I can't wait to get out of this ****ing house.

If you can't tell, I'm seriously pissed right now, and I've been holding it in for a year. Deal with it.

GofG

Smash Champion
Have you listened to Linkin Park yet, bro?
craaaaaawwwwwllllinnnnnnnnnnnnn iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin myyyyyyyyy skiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiin

edit: mandatory drug rehab is funny, it is full of people who are not drug addicts

Krackshot Kroc

Smash Ace
I personally think you guys aren't giving Lucas enough credit, doubles isn't all about individual skill. If that were true then when Josh, Alex, Chris, and Lucas all came over to my house and I played doubles the person I teamed with would never win because quite frankly I'm a good amount worse than everyone that was there. I think everyone gives off the bias assumption that PP is amazing and Lucas is meh so PP had to obviously bear a great amount of the weight.

I'm not denying that PP probably had to bear a bit more weight than Lucas, because he IS better. But getting 1st place in doubles isn't just because of PP. It's because of Lucas too and they probably had great teamwork which is what truly counts in doubles

lord karn

Smash Master
Regardless of how good lucas is, pp could have carried him to the finals. PPs just amazing. However, their team beating Lozr does say something, because Josh is probably better than Lucas in singles. It's pretty simple. @_@

Foxy

Smash Master
Why am I giving you crap? Well for one, I found your "complements" to not be anywhere near flattering. All I saw was, "dark hart didn't do **** to get first, he just teamed with PP. Because of this, I give him the lowest spot on the PR I can think of."
I admit that I might have phrased my stuff wrong, but my intention was always that "despite being teamed with the amazing PP, Lucas still deserves much credit for making 1st place in doubles". I'm sorry if the intent didn't come out. And I can see how giving you the bottom spot might be misleading - but I was simply ending the rankings with you (obviously a number of good players like Zero were left off), I was making a point of including you even though you haven't been able to be too active because I do truly think you are a player with lots and lots of potential and great tech skill.

And as for jealousy, you never answered my question.
I'm pretty sure that if I answered that question in full, it would just spark a lot of stupid discussion that's really unnecessary, so I'd rather not have to.

And as for hate, I blame my parents, I'd take it out on them, but last time that happened, I put 9 holes in the wall, completely destroyed my dads printer, was forced to go into therapy (which I quit), got a prescription for something that I never took, ended up with a bloody nose, and got my school counselor to call Social Services the next day. That's why I don't take **** from anybody and take almost everything to heart. That's why I can't wait to get out of this ****ing house.

If you can't tell, I'm seriously pissed right now, and I've been holding it in for a year. Deal with it.
Yes, I can tell, and I've been able to see that for a long time, especially with Sarah mentioning something about you being a completely different person last year and that you had stopped taking medications or something. That's why I never blame you for things (apart from good-humor joshing on Smashboards). I know it's not your fault, I know other people who have similar lives, you're doing nothing wrong so it's all good.

Foxy is soooooo good. I played him today and even though my tech-skill wasn't on point, I saw that he was really good.

+^_^+ Good ****, mang!
Thanks PLUR! ~.^

I felt that I was actually really off today (except in a couple Marth matches) but I suppose it was enough to show you that I improved a good deal from a few months ago. My schedule is getting more free lately so I'm available kind of often on weekdays to smash, lemme know if you ever want to pop over to Raleigh again for friendlies. It's always awesome.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Kroc: You don't give yourself enough credit. The only reason your team was losing was because my Jiggz is mean and really gay. ;D

This thread went crazy drama bomb since I looked at it this afternoon.

For the record, before I say anything else, what Alex said is a very good point. At Austin's, Matt literally attacked Kevin and did very little during teams and they still won fairly easily, beating Alex and I, who are no slouches.

Lucas made it to finals because of Kevin. I'm hard pressed to believe that Kevin, as long as he had a competent to good teammate, wouldn't be able to make it to finals.

One could argue that I only made it finals because of Adam. I'm hard pressed to believe that Adam, as long as he had a competent to good teammate, wouldn't be able to make it to finals.

This is not to say Lucas or I are bad players per say or incompetent of holding our own, it's just a given that in teams, when it is the case that the top 2 players are SO far ahead, their teams are almost definitely going to be top 2.

Lucas will be the first to tell you that I am better than him and I do not say this in bragging. Our entire strategy was for Adam to separate Kevin from Lucas so that I could get quick kills/rests. Lucas WAS playing well during the last set, and managed to either avoid getting rested or get saved by Kevin last second. I didn't play well, but the point is Lucas was not just a straight squander machine.

But you will realize that I had a sub par performance during Finals. I missed some key rests (which Lucas typically punished VERY quickly) and COULD NOT grab Kevin. No johns, I squandered.

Tl;dr, Getting carried is not necessarily an insult, Lucas is good, Kevin and Adam are really good, my Jiggz sucks under pressure. :[

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Regardless of how good lucas is, pp could have carried him to the finals. PPs just amazing. However, their team beating Lozr does say something, because Josh is probably better than Lucas in singles. It's pretty simple. @_@
Josh is better than me, no if's, and's, or but's. :laugh:

This is not to say Lucas or I are bad players per say or incompetent of holding our own, it's just a given that in teams, when it is the case that the top 2 players are SO far ahead, their teams are almost definitely going to be top 2.

Lucas will be the first to tell you that I am better than him and I do not say this in bragging. Our entire strategy was for Adam to separate Kevin from Lucas so that I could get quick kills/rests. Lucas WAS playing well during the last set, and managed to either avoid getting rested or get saved by Kevin last second. I didn't play well, but the point is Lucas was not just a straight squander machine.

But you will realize that I had a sub par performance during Finals. I missed some key rests (which Lucas typically punished VERY quickly) and COULD NOT grab Kevin. No johns, I squandered.

Tl;dr, Getting carried is not necessarily an insult, Lucas is good, Kevin and Adam are really good, my Jiggz sucks under pressure. :[
Why are people some much better at saying what I want to say than I am?

I wuv you, Jawsh.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Thanks PLUR! ~.^

I felt that I was actually really off today (except in a couple Marth matches) but I suppose it was enough to show you that I improved a good deal from a few months ago. My schedule is getting more free lately so I'm available kind of often on weekdays to smash, lemme know if you ever want to pop over to Raleigh again for friendlies. It's always awesome.
We were both off but I was only in Wakefield because I had a date with my girlfriend later that day so smash wasn't really the first thing on my mind.

Someone's gotta host a smashfest before HERB. I'd like more matches with you. Hopefully we'll both be on our games.

LMAO @ your marth ****** my doc. XD so good

Krackshot Kroc

Smash Ace
@ Josh- I would call you Darksyde, but you'd rather not so I'll just call you Josh lol. But thanks for the compliment ;D

I'm not going to argue with you guys, because you guys do have more knowledge than me in terms of people's skill levels and Smash in general so I'll just leave it at that

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I know I probably shouldn't have gotten this feeling first, but I was....uh....kinda happy reading this because of the complements. Um

Ok, I guess everything worked out though. No death threats, no johns, and Darksyde wants to kill me still. Everything is as it should be.

I should get these out soon. Tomorrow people will get into Melee/Brawl and heads might roll. =p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom