• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings! (Updated 2/11/10!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Yeah the only way i can train you is if you come to the dungeon(the garage). You'll come out a master, pimp, mcpo, catfish, elite petty officer

Sengin

Smash Ace
I don't mean to stir up trouble, but why is Ali in 4th and Nebs not on the list when Ali hasn't been to a tournament in a while (and the reason Nebs was taken off the list was because the last one he went to was at the end of January)? Or has Ali been to tournaments I just haven't heard of?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ohhhh Sengin, you're right.

Hmmmm, crap.

Karn, when you get on here, please tell me in some form so we can get on AIM and work that out.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Ive got one Anwser to that. In the previous ranks not to long ago. Ali was 2nd/3rd i forget and nebs was not even present in the nc tourney scene. This may be why as far as i see it.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I wanted to say something to that effect, so I'm gonna agree with that for now until I talk to Karn.

Officially:

Ali has been to many tournaments. Nebs has been to one. We know more about Ali's skill based on the numerous consistent performances he has given in the past, and we only Nebs' skill based on one tourney with about half of the PR in attendance. Since there is no way to determine Nebs' skill now based on recent tournies, then we must exclude him for now.

Ali has lost a spot because he hasn't been able to make it to tournies recently.

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Yeah you just cant come to one tourney and get ranked up just like that. Also not everyone was at the app tourney. If all the big nc names were there and nebs placed well like top 3 or so. Then im sure he would still have a spot on there even if he didnt show up for tourneys a little while after.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
In response to Darksyde's concern about his placement in these PRs, Karn and I had reopened discussion on the matter, but more in-depth.

Our conclusion is that his placing will NOT be changed.

This decision is based on the grounds of:

1. At the same tourney they were attending (Foxy's), Darksyde placed two spots lower than Foxy.

2. In their serious matches they played later, the matches weren't MMs so they don't count as far as moving someone up in the Power Rankings is concerned.

3. Foxy wasn't at Billfest, so Foxy and Darksyde can't be compared by those results.

4. Foxy shouldn't be penalized for missing bills because he was at his own tourney in the same month, so he isn't in dire conditions as far as attendance goes at all.

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
Josh stayed consistent at both Foxy's tournament and at Bill's (I think he got the same place at both). I think that means more than Foxy's situation (getting third at his tourney and not going to Bill's to further prove his skill). Plus, it is true that Bill and Alex's biweekly was more competitive than Foxy's.

However, Josh, you are arguing about it the wrong way. Some of the points you bring up aren't substantial enough to seriously contribute.. but that's no matter.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
LOL at arguing about PR's...
wait... am i NOT ON THIS?!

WTF??!?!!!?
i should be on the list!
that one time, i beat that guy. and then... i got 8th at that other tourney...
this is ****ing stupid!

edit: i hope nobody hates me...

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
let me say something

shut the fuck up
if it makes you feel any better, i feel really dumb putting "8th" lol
i just hit a random number and didn't think about an impossible placing.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Everything is cool now guys.

We're keeping Darksyde at his spot, but know that he will almost certainly be moving up with the next revision.

Buttery Fox is comin with it!

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Darksyde said:
Power rankings are ****ing dumb.
I don't see why you're so upset. Just **** next tourney. Just a few weeks away. It's not like getting on the Melee PRs are as difficult as they were a few years back, anyway.

Also - PRs have always been Bull ****.

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Kevin, Josh's placings at Bills and Foxy's give him more credit than Foxy getting third with an easy bracket at his own tournament. You yourself asked me how he made it to winners finals.

Also, iicr, you took Nebs off, and moved Ali down due to the fact that they haven't been to any recent tournaments. Wouldn't the same logic apply being that Foxy wasn't at the most recent tournament? A tournament with much more talent than was at his own tourney?

Just sayin'

Malk

Smash Champion
Kevin, Josh's placings at Bills and Foxy's give him more credit than Foxy getting third with an easy bracket at his own tournament. You yourself asked me how he made it to winners finals.

Also, iicr, you took Nebs off, and moved Ali down due to the fact that they haven't been to any recent tournaments. Wouldn't the same logic apply being that Foxy wasn't at the most recent tournament? A tournament with much more talent than was at his own tourney?

Just sayin'
get out of this thread until you can play melee / go to college

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
lol At Arguing About Pr's...
Wait... Am I Not On This?!

Wtf??!?!!!?
I Should Be On The List!
That One Time, I Beat That Guy. And Then... I Got 8th At That Other Tourney...
This Is ****ing Stupid!

Q F T . . .

Hyper Tails1

Smash Apprentice
F'n Lol

look at you **** nubs . Getting all serious about the power rankings....this game is DEAD. The people who are on the melee rankings are the only people who even PLAY the **** game!.....

...This is the dawn of a new age ,nubs. Pick up some real games....not this junk wit these baby characters in it yo.

Malk

Smash Champion
F'n Lol

look at you **** nubs . Getting all serious about the power rankings....this game is DEAD. The people who are on the melee rankings are the only people who even PLAY the **** game!.....

...This is the dawn of a new age ,nubs. Pick up some real games....not this junk wit these baby characters in it yo.
guilty gear MM let's GOOOOOO

Hyper Tails1

Smash Apprentice
25 percent TENSION?! Mutha ****a das BULL****!!!:mad:

Counter pick Jonny.

I'm not serious....but I am. Smash community should start getting into other games...cuase...look at it like this....there isnt gonna be another smash in amillion years...you guys wanna play melee an brawl for another decade? I cant stand brawl for 1 match....gooooddaaamn.:dizzy:

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I'm trying to learn SF, but I just can't get into it.

Some of us play Halo (myself included on occasion), and many more games, but what's wrong with really enjoying smash right now? The games will stay around as long as we do.

Hyper Tails1

Smash Apprentice
Well I aint stickn around for DIS!:mad:

"Headin' in to da sunrise,
Doin' 90 in 65.
windows rolled down screamin' out,
"EY! EY! EY! its OK!""

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom