• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Noob" Jigglypuff Stage Discussion (Week 7 - Norfair)

Rambo Hayabusa

Smash Apprentice
Love Frigate w/ Jiggz but I just got a noobish note for anyone who flies under the stage: don't get yourself caught underneath the M. Also people will c/p G&W/MK (unsure of tourney CP rule)

Rollout and rest work great, but I'm sure you guys know these things

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Well, it's a bit quiet on this thread, so I'm probably going to advance to the next stage soon.

Still waiting on your write up Mike.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Frigate's good, not amazing but not bad. The first part is good, the second part allows your opponent to camp you hard which sucks. Off stage resting while the stage is changing may be good, it might save you, just be smart about it. 3/5. My favorite stage for jigglypuff is Delfino but we'll get there eventually (I say her best is brinstar, but my personal best is delfino)

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Pros:
~ Offers an edge that cannot be grabbed
~ The blast zones allow better gimps
~ Great to counterpick characters with tether/poor horizontal recoveries
~ Good Rollout and Rest options
~ Stage flipping screws over opponents

Cons:
~ Moving platforms can help the opponent
~ Second stage allows a lot of projectile use

Rating: 3.5 / 5

Might be a bit wrong at some points, but this is what I believe.

Nevaq

Smash Rookie
In my little ignorant world, I only play on FD and the best player I've played is a CPU. However, my memory against the CPU's is that standing on the platform on the right while Frigate Orpheon is in it's starter state, the CPU's practically ignore you. I have sat for whole matches without getting damaged until there is one CPU left. I haven't done it for a while, but it was good fun. Also, with the stage turnover that occasionally catches you in a dodgy situation, Jigglypuff has the recovery to usually get around it.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
So yeah, I've decided to update this again. Write-up and new stage will appear tomorrow.

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
I already know how to play temple.

Hit them once, then to to the edge on the far right. When they come close, go to the platform at the bottom. If they come towards you again, float up to the other edge.

ggs.

PND

Smash Champion
Sorry about not doing a write up, my grandmother recently died and it's hard to stay motivated right now. Maybe I'll get one up in a bit, but I'm really not in much of a mood right now.

But maybe getting my mind off of it would help, I dunno.

PND

Smash Champion
I ran the time on Ambrose's IC's on this level. This level is AMAZING if you're a defensive puff. (Read: campy and *** as ****)

A lot of characters can't do anything to us if we get the lead and just hop from ledge to ledge of the main platform, uairing through it intelligently. For the rest of the transformations, run away or go more aggro as the situation requires. Water cancel rests are nice but gimmicky.

Honestly, this is likely my favorite level for Jiggs when I play ***.

Lol, giving advice on playing ***. . . dontcha love Brawl?

jbandrew

Smash Lord
Hahaha, my jigglypuff actually plays campy as **** normally. That's just how my jiggly is... so Delfino DOES sound like a good option... but what stage is best vs MK when ur playing CAMPY ***??? Now THAT is an important discussion v_v

I think Big huge stages that are high horizontally are some of the best options... Maybe PS1!?? Then again I can also think of ways in which PS1 can go against Jiggly's camping strategy =/

PND

Smash Champion
Camping MK requires a big stage, with a high ceiling generally. I like Japes, FD, and sometimes Pictochat, even, for running the clock on him. Be warned on Pictochat: the random percents could either **** you up or help you immensely.

GreyClover

Smash Apprentice
Unless you love getting ***** by G&W then never counterpick RC against him. Aerials...

As a Link main, RC is pretty good for him. You're not going to be able to gimp and his projectile camp is 2x better here along with his Zair that completely destroys floaty aerials.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
As a Link main, RC is pretty good for him. You're not going to be able to gimp and his projectile camp is 2x better here along with his Zair that completely destroys floaty aerials.
lolwut

Jigglypuff needs just a few nairs, maybe a bair, to gimp the living crap out of Link on RC. The only projectile that Jiggs can't cancel are his bombs, and assuming the Jiggs is somewhat decent, she's not going to get hit by them.

jbandrew

Smash Lord
I like the Japes idea, but sometimes it's banned... I was thinking about the neutrals and I think FD is definetly the best neutral to camp on. I wonder what counterpick stages are good to camp a MK though... any ideas?

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I like the Japes idea, but sometimes it's banned... I was thinking about the neutrals and I think FD is definetly the best neutral to camp on. I wonder what counterpick stages are good to camp a MK though... any ideas?
I'd pick Norfair if you want to camp.

Norfair = No Fair to anyone slower than you.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
I'd pick Norfair if you want to camp.

Norfair = No Fair to anyone slower than you.
I think this guy is on to something. I'll do a write up for Delfino sometime tonight, and the next stage is Norfair. Time for Puff to get a bit of Ganon flavah.

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Pro tip - Posting provides discussion, regardless of the context.

Double post, but who cares?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Wolf?

People I wouldn't take here:
Snake (even if you think you should, just don't)
Meta Knight (he's better at plankinggggg)
Wario (^)
Bowser (to mobile, he WILL ko you.... that's about all he gains from here though. :x Klaw Hopping mindgames and a low usmash/uair KO....)

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Now that we have a character no-no list, could we start naming Jigglypuff's positive aspects on this Stage?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Good air mobile speed makes it easier to traverse the stage (it's mostly an air stage with 5 platforms)

That same aspect makes planking on here, traversing underneath the level really safe when you have the lead.

It makes avoiding the lava easier, and since Jigglypuff is airborne often you can just keep hitting your opponent into lava. :D (Also resting them in their lava hitstun is just... too good)

You can abuse sing canceled rest on far more ledges. Just be smart about it.

KEEP FAIR FRESHHHH /all I've got to say

You can actually try to shield poke with uairs from underneath your opponent.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I only CP Norfair if I'm in the mood for air-camping.

Top Bottom