• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New SBR Ruleset Discussion: gtfo Corneria!

Veril

Frame Savant
:bee: x 10^10^10

Joy. Now we can ban different stages. (for me that's gonna be FD generally)

So... this is pretty sweet. We've got a lot more freedom in regards to stage bans now. Discuss.

This is the last new thread I'm going to make for a while. I'm just going to be updating stickies (that's gonna be a lot... a real lot of work). You guys have to take it from here. I'm getting burnt out in regards to this forum.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
aw I liked Corneria. It was my favorite in Melee. D:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Norfair is a great stage for Jiggs. It being moved to banned (or wherever it was moved to...counter/banned?) made me more sad than happy that Corneria is banned.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Norfair is a wonderful stage that has a lot of extremely interesting matchups on it, including most of Jigglypuff's. It should not be banned, and I'm not saying that because Jiggs is one of the better characters there...

Norfair is a great stage for Jiggs. It being moved to banned (or wherever it was moved to...counter/banned?) made me more sad than happy that Corneria is banned.
But the thing is, we still have Brinstar, and a few other stages that are good for certain match-ups like Japes, Rainbow Cruise, and Frigate. There is only one Corneria. We can now ban Green Greens if it is legal, and if not, we can just ban our choice of Luigi's or Halberd depending on the matchup. (Usually Halberd)

Actually, to be professional, I'm going to admit that I don't think Corneria should have been banned. I view it and Japes and equivalently biased and flawed stages--sort of the boundary of jsut how hard a stage counter can be. (Luigi's too) So while I am personally delighted to do my main's worst stage being banned from the official list... well, if I was in the SBR, I would have voted for it to remain a legal counter.

So while I am personally delighted to do my main's worst stage being banned from the official list... well, if I was in the SBR, I would have voted for it to remain a legal counter.
STFU, GTFO noob!

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
*Throws fedora into the air and dances a gay dance*
I did like corneria, its a cool stage, I just hate it for jigglypuff because the cieling is too small.
Depends on the opponent. Good bye Battlefield :)
What did battlefield ever do to you? The platforms don't prevent WoP at all, and the only character that is broken on it is Marf. BF is good for jigglypuff. Not amazing, but fair.
HEAR MY CALL AND BAND TOGETHER! NORFAIR MUST REMAIN A LEGAL COUNTERPICK![/SIZE]
Norfair = erotic win.
You stole the words from me before I could post it lol. :)
norfair is stupid
No your stoopid :) J K

Norfair is gay, not at all legal, (thats what you are thinking and so am I) but its amiazing for jigglypuff. :laugh:

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Hurrah! That sad excuse of a stage is finally gone!

BUT JIGGLYPUFF PLAYERS!

HEAR MY CALL AND BAND TOGETHER! NORFAIR MUST REMAIN A LEGAL COUNTERPICK!
Hear hear! Not for just Jigglypuff, but the ENTIRETY of Brawl-kind (...more or less Ganon) rests on the idea that Norfair remains a legal stage.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Norfair should not have been banned. The stage hazards are predictable, and it makes many crappier characters much more viable.

Bowser, Jiggs, Link, etc.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Norfair should not have been banned. The stage hazards are predictable, and it makes many crappier characters much more viable.

Bowser, Jiggs, Link, etc.
Norfair, like I said, like Mr. Eh said, is a rediculus stage. Corneria has a better chance of being legal. We all love Norfair, but think of how unpractical it is.

Metatitan

Smash Master
good idea air but i think we're all just so happy to have corneria out of our lives that we got a little side-tracked ^^

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
Norfair, like I said, like Mr. Eh said, is a rediculus stage. Corneria has a better chance of being legal. We all love Norfair, but think of how unpractical it is.
That's not "like Mr. Eh" said. Did you even read his post? :mad:

It's not very unpractical. The stage hazards aren't hazards unless you're an idiot or get knocked into one.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
aww :( I like low ceiling stages with jiggs :(

I'm actually kinda surprised more people aren't with me on this one.

Earthbound Zero

Smash Journeyman
I'm crying over the loss of Onett. :(

Also, I don't think Norfair is getting out of C/B, meaning it will probably never be allowed in tourneys. Considering so many peoples current bad opinions on it.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Warioware is my favorite stage. No joke.

Never before can you win (and lose) on a stage with such minimal effort and skill.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I love that stage too! I played it the other day, got the big mushroom power up and 0-deathed the other guy over the top with fox XD It's such a good stage :)

SDC

Smash Lord
lol to anybody who says norfair sucks, never before have you been so easily able to bounce around, renewing jumps constantly, and start ****** with ariels on the sides.
and yeah i liked corneria too until i started getting KO'd with only 30 damage (im not joking, 30 damage). im glad we still got japes, and nobodies mentioned rainbow cruise yet, that stage is good for jiggz, all the platforms let you fly circles around everybody else.
i have a love/hate relationship with warioware lol, sometimes i **** and sometimes i get *****, and the bonuses from the minigames are a pain in the *** most of the time.
wheres the petition for norfair's legalization lol? hell i'll sign it

Top Bottom