• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

metaknighter

Smash Apprentice
eh....jc1sttwin...you had master hand for an avatar and when i switched to giga bowser from metaknight you switched giga bowser...wtf?

hmmm, they dont have ridley avatars...:(

Patinator

Smash Champion
My first post on a real Smashboards thread. Not surprising that I'd post in the Ridley thread. Out of all evil Nintendo characters, from Bowser to Mewtwo to Ganondorf, I would say Ridley is the one is the best choice for Brawl villain-wise, even including the fact that Mewtwo and Ganondorf were in Melee. A mass-murderer. You can't really get more evil than that, now can you? Although, for the SSBB game itself, his movement's awkwardness is somewhat questionable...

Ridley. For. SSBB.

Ridley should be kind of heavy and slow moving, but with strong, fast attacks. I also think he should fall slowly (kind of floaty), even though he is heavy. I don't think he should have more than two jumps, but the ones he does have should be strong, perhaps aided by wingbeats. Of course, Ridley should glide too. His wings and tail may get in the way unless he holds his wings to the side (like Charizard) and the tail bends around to the front during a standing pose. Otherwise it would be unfair if opponents could hit Ridley from so far back.

Here is my suggested Special Move and Final Smash list for Ridley:

Standard Special: <Plasma Beam>
Fires a beam of plasma horizontally (perhaps at a slight downward angle if used in the air). The button can be held down to maintain the beam, but it wears out after a few seconds. It isn't overly strong and has little knockback, but quite a long range.

Side Special: <Rush Attack>
Ok the name is lame but I'm not that creative for those. Anyway, Ridley dashes sideways. Actually quite strong. Think of how Ridley attacks on the ground in Metroid Prime and Metroid Prime 3: Corruption.

Up Special: <Sky Spiral>
Also a Metroid Prime creation. Think of how he appears right after the battle intro cut-scene, where he spins up into view from over the edge of the Artifact Temple, ending with a wing spread.

Down Special: <Wing Spread>
Faces the camera and spreads out his wings, pushing nearby enemies away.

Final Smash <Fireball Assault>
Ridley flies up and disappears from view, but returns in the background. Much like Lugia/Ho-oh in Melee. Then he shoots explosive fireballs at players. This is like Andross, except each fireball hits with the force of a bomb explosion. This lasts for a few seconds, then he returns.

Now for colors, I'm personally a fan of the Metroid Prime design.

Basic: Gray body with yellow wings.
Alt 1: Purple with orange wings (for those who like his older colors).
Alt 2: Redish-orange with dark gray wings.
Alt 3: Blue with green wings.

ndm508

Smash Journeyman
you know what, i want him to be his regular size. no, bigger. I want my Ridley to punch God in the face. He deserves a character model of such proportions me thinks.

But I'd settle for a resize.

Anyways, Ridley for Brawl.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
I wanted to say this when this thread was first created, but I didn't. So, I'll say it now...

We definitely took the wrong approach in complying with Kokichi. When we had the old thread, we always said "They would never close this thread because if they did, 20 more Ridley threads would pop up..." Well,l we were wrong, they closed it. And, what did we do? We just made another.

Each of the regulars should have made a brand-new thread so we'd have 20-some threads of Ridley spam goodness. I'm quite disappointed that this didn't happen. I think we need retribution somehow, though.

I'm not saying this outright, but
I almost think it'd be great to spam the crap out of this thread, have them close it again, and then each of us create a brand-new Ridley thread and then spam all of those...
I didn't suggest it, but I think it'd be great if that happened.

Peach out everyone. RFB

RDK

Smash Hero
Peach out everyone. RFB
Grim's proposal is perhaps the best idea I've heard on these forums in a long time (which, considering the forum's present condition, is not saying a lot).

But still.

Nintendo_lord

Smash Journeyman
Ridley should definitly be in Brawl, he'd be perfect with all of his awesome pterodactly skills! That would be almost as awesome as if they brought Marth back.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Well duh...

OFF TOPIC BUT!

When they released Samurai Goroh as an AT. That was basicly like conferming that the Punch of Death/ The Knee Master from Hell/ Speed Demon/ FALCON OWN has returned.

There is gunna be such an Uproar when he is confirmed.

Captain Falcon is like the Chuck Norris of Smash Bros.
Agree?

Im so gunna draw Captain Norris.
Chuck Falcon

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------3 hours and 6 min later-----------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm going to color it 2morrow. But Ever since I said I was gunna Draw him, ive been wokring on it. So here he is!

CHUCK FALCON

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
^indeed that would be sweet, it's just that I think Sakurai mentioned that the boss characters wouldn't be playable though

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
OK OK Ridley will be announced tonight I can feel it this time...
O RLY RIDLY?

Add the Omega Ridley from Metroid Prime 3, IMO, he is the coolest. He is totally ownage, he is one of the coolest looking bosses in all of the video games that I've ever played. He's too easy though, lol.
Unless you play it on Hyper Mode.

And I like how he always dodges the Screw Attack, even when he's in the middle of performing an attack of his own. Funny that he does that, since the Screw Attack doesn't even hurt him (unless it hits his mouth when it's open). xd

The glitches when fighting him are also pretty neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB8DXJ9g0Jw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byf8GOtr1wo

About the 2nd one, yeah. He can literally "freeze" like a game or computer does when it 'crashes'. When frozen like that (which usually happens when he's in the middle of doing that ram attack), he's physically invincible, as you probably noticed. :p

eh....jc1sttwin...you had master hand for an avatar and when i switched to giga bowser from metaknight you switched giga bowser...wtf?

hmmm, they dont have ridley avatars...:(
If you mean here, then yeah. I was kinda disappointed by that. Chuck Norris is always the next best thing though, when it comes to having an avi (for me anyway).

Fact: Chuck Norris sold his soul to the devil for his rugged good looks and unparalleled martial arts ability. Shortly after the transaction was finalized, Chuck roundhouse kicked the devil in the face and took his soul back. The devil, who appreciates irony, couldn’t stay mad and admitted he should have seen it coming. They now play poker every second Wednesday of the month.

A mass-murderer. You can't really get more evil than that, now can you?
Heh. Guess not.

After all, before Samus' time as a bounty hunter, Ridley conquered/destroyed whole civilizations. Lots of 'em (K-2L just happened to be one of them), and took down anything the Galactic Federation had to throw at him.

@ Darkpaladin of Chaos: Pretty nice moveset.

Oh, and welcome to smashboards ya'll. :)

He's gonna be the best boss in this
Metroid characters as bosses in Brawl? Kraid and Mother Brain FTW.

Captain Falcon is like the Chuck Norris of Smash Bros.
Agree?
Meh. Kinda, I suppose...

Either way though, Captain Falcon was one of my most used characters in both SSB64 and SSBM, so it's cool.

it's just that I think Sakurai mentioned that the boss characters wouldn't be playable though
He never said that (at least not in any of the updates from what I recall), though it seems obvious that Petey in particular won't be playable, but that doesn't necessarily mean all bosses won't be. Look at Giga Bowser.

Zoolander

Smash Journeyman
I really want Ridley playable in brawl, but I think that his stats are a little overpowered... He should either be weaker or should be more comboable...or be able to have less jumps and maybe just gliding.

By that I mean the stats in this thread.

metaknighter

Smash Apprentice
meh, I wouldnt mind a broken ridley...or a bottom tier ridley either, I would main him either way: just as long as he is in the game, wich i am 999% sure of!;)

Lgndknight

Smash Ace
I'm sure somewhere in here somebody said, "well norfair could be ridley's stage for brawl" since I'm sure Brinstar is out seeing that Norfair is the same thing almost. It could be shared by Ridley and Samus for a home stage, a stage you would fight them on in Classic mode in melee, ssb64, and probably brawl. you always fight mario in some Mushroom kingdom stage, you always fight IC in infinite glacier.

:cool:

Yaya

Smash Champion
Ridley in SSE?

How will he contribute to the evilness?

Oh and btw, Anyone like the sig Gypsy made for me?

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
How wouldn't Ridley contribute to the badness?

He is a bad character you think he gonna help out Mario in SSE?

SiegK

Smash Champion
There better be a mode like Adventure mode where you dont have to change characters each time a new event/video happens.
Classic (duh)
A New Adventure Mode
All Star I COULD do without, But I dont want anything from Melee taken out.
And SSE

Patinator

Smash Champion
A Kraid Assist Trophy would certainly be interesting! Not being a Metroid player, I don't know what an effect would be. Devil already took the spot of turning the stage (Think Brinstar Depths. Ugh.), so maybe Kraid would shoot spikes from his belly like his Melee trophy says he can.

SiegK

Smash Champion
A Kraid Assist Trophy would certainly be interesting! Not being a Metroid player, I don't know what an effect would be. Devil already took the spot of turning the stage (Think Brinstar Depths. Ugh.), so maybe Kraid would shoot spikes from his belly like his Melee trophy says he can.
True, This would be cool. I could go with it. (But yeah, that Devil looks kinda annoying. Lawl)

Mavridik

Smash Cadet
I highly hope ridley for smash, he's so cool in metroid prime corruption. I very like the profil you've made of him.
But maybe he will be a boss of samus SE or an assist trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom