• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
Before I checked the update, I told my brother that it was going to be Ridley and when he saw the 'Warning' he thought I was right. I wish I was. Anyway... the day will come.

Pimpin penguin vs pwning pterodactyl FTW.

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Sorry Grim i tried to follow your orders that you set a couple of pages back but no one was spamming... : ( I have failed you my lord. I am not worthy.

~N9NE~

Smash Master
NNID
LondonAssyrian
No one exepected Dedede today. So no one would expect Ridley tomorrow. Then perfection would be just about achieved. :)

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
I discussed in my blog how the appearance of Dedede really bodes well for Ridley and his fans. I see nothing in his way now. In fact, I firmly believe he'll be the next confirmation, assuming a vet doesn't sneak in first.

SirPenguin

Smash Journeyman
Well, the problem with the vet theory is that the only characters that have not been revealed from SSB64 were "secret" (Namely, Falcon, Luigi, Ness, and Jiggly), and I believe only Ganondorf and Game and Watch are pending for Melee. Sakurai might be holding off on the previous 4 unlockables and continuing tradition (in a way) and making them 'secret' as some sort of throwback.

Ganondorf and GnW have a chance, but for some reason I don't see GnW being revealed on the site. Ganondorf probably will, and I can't wait for it.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
I hope we get CF back he is my main

You think all the original VETS from 64 are gonna be secret again?

Ness & CF weren't in melee

bivunit94

Smash Journeyman
Good news Ridley fans. He's confirmed. See today's update for further detail.

But seriously, if we got 3 Kirby characters, we're definitely getting 3 Metroid characters.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
I think we should at least get Ridley sense Samus is alone

I think a Kraid AT could work
He would be like the Andross AT but different

He comes up from the background and shoots his chest spikes out flying in from the background
and maybe he can slash everyone like in melee when he attacks the level

RMR

Smash Apprentice
DDD Confirms Ridley as a characther, Mother Brain as a Boss, and possibly a cameo of Kraid, I CANT WAIT TO KICK ZAMUS JAZZ WITH RIDLEY ! But that would imply that Samus could do her FS, so not possible, I think I´ll stick to Samus.

Mavridik

Smash Cadet
If ridley is a character then why there is a song named ''Boss Ridley'' or something like that in SE

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
ridley has to be in now
SMB=dx3=appeared background
ridley=appeared background
Melee=both as tropyhies and ruidley appeared in the intro

his hcnaces has risen really high now
RIDLEY 4 BRAWL!!!!!
your typeing have decreased in clarity now!
ya Ridley is a sho-in. why wouldnt they put him in? but I still worry a little about the whole boss thing.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
How would this be for unexpected?: Sakurai announces Ridley as playable the day after he announces D3 as playable...eh? No one would ever see that coming...

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I decided to share this little scenario I cooked up with you guys since it involved Ridley... (and I hardly got any comments back about it. :( )

(You also get an edited, improved version! :) )

Ganondorf VS. Ridley VS. Bowser VS. King Dedede

Ganondorf and Bowser go at each other, clash fists, then struggle with hands tightly locked together. The struggle is quickly interrupted though as Dedede dashes in, swinging his hammer widly at the two warriors. Ganondorf leaps away into the sky while Bowser spins away in his shell just out of the way. Before Dedede can even choose his target, he is suddenly lifted into the air by the deadly talons of Ridley who roars loudly and bears his horrible fangs.

Dedede cunningly reverses the situation by opening his mouth wide and sucking Ridley into his mouth. Now free-falling, Dedede turns upside-down, takes a deep breath, and exhales a curled up Ridley right for the airborne Ganondorf.

The Gerudo King isn't about to have it, and using his mighty strength, strikes Ridley with a punch packed with terrible force, sending him accelerating faster than ever towards Bowser! The Koopa King's ready to take the impact head on, whatever the velocity... But suddenly Ridley bursts out of his predicament forcefully and with great anger! Not willing to be shown up by the three, Ridley inhales, then exhales a massive plasma blast to engulf Bowser in hyper-accelerated particles hot enough to reduce rock to vapor!

Bowser takes on the plasma blast with alarming resiliance, holding back the fervent energy with both his huge mitts! By now though, Ridley is on the ground and is now pushing Bowser back while bracing himself to the earth with his claws and talons! It seems the Space Pirate Dragon's resolve is slowing overpowering the Turtle-Dragon's brute force. Attemting to take advantage of the power struggle, Dedede leaps out of nowhere to bludgeoned the zebesian dragon over its cranium, but Ridley's snake-like tail whips out and knocks the penguin king away.

The tail suddenly comes to a halt though, and so does the plamsa blast as Ridley turns around in shock as Ganondorf has taken hold of his tail with is bear hands. Helpless to the evil one's unflinching grip, Ganondorf goes into a mad spin, taking Ridley along the ride. Like a pebble from a slingshot, Ridley is flung far into the sky by Ganondorf's immeasureable strength...but not before launching several fireballs at Ganondorf! He's forced to take on the brutal burning onslaught! Not eager to let such an opportunity pass, Bowser runs at Ganondorf and grabs at the situation...literally! Using his infamous Koopa Klaw, the Koopa King grabs hold of the stunned King of Evil! Both warriors struggle to gain dominance over the other while King Dedede's hammer goes wailing agains Bowser's shell, trying to pierce the great backsided shield.

Meanwhile, Ridley lands on the ground with great rage and flames pouring out of his jaws. Having easily stopped his midair tumble, but rather his pride suffering damage, Ridley's eyes begin to glow yellow with a furious light.

Ganondorf breaks free of Bowser's grip, and soon his eyes bare a fiery yellow...as does Bowser's; he pushes back Dedede with strength fuel by raging energy. Dedede bares the same piercing stare as he starts to float into the air.

The air is heavy with fury and power as the four warriors glow, their fighting spirits burning so vigourously that it can be seen enmanating from far in the distance....

...And then all known barriers shatter at once!

- Bowser's body explodes with a tremendous force that soon gives way to the massive, strong and horrible Giga Bowser!
- Ridley's body glistens as it's equipped with high-tech machinery, turning him into his projectile-tactical form, Meta Ridley!
- Ganondorf is engulfed in the energies of his evil magic and the Triforce of Power, transforming into Ganon!
- King Dedede is overtaken and possessed by the empowering and sentient force known as Dark Matter, being transformed into Dark Dedede!

The world as we know it is soon to end...

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
ridley has to be in now

RIDLEY 4 BRAWL!!!!!
Well I can use the same, at least similar, logic with Porygon

Smash 1 - Porygon stage Hazard

Smash 2 - Porygon-2 summon

Smash 3 - Porygon-Z PC!?!?!

RDK

Smash Hero
Psychoincarnate, it disturbs me that you want Geno, Sukapon, and Porygon Z as PCs more than Bomberman.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
ridley has to be in now

RIDLEY 4 BRAWL!!!!!
Well yeah, They had to put SOME of Samus's game into Smash Bros. Lol. Not much else is know but Ridley and Metroids (By the dumb gamers who had never even heard of Samus b4 Smash Bros, believe me they exist...)

Psychoincarnate, it disturbs me that you want Geno, Sukapon, and Porygon Z as PCs more than Bomberman.
Again, rare, we agree.

RDK

Smash Hero
@Psycho:

I see now, lol.

Who is Claus? I've heard so much about him recently. He's a n00b cult favorite.

SonicMario

Smash Master
Honestly I'm getting a little worried about Ridley's chances at playable due to the Boss update. and it increases a little bit everytime a Character & SubS update comes up. I know you may have argumants aganist that. But someone would have to tell me to stop my worry and prove to me that Ridley can't be Boss (Besides Mother Brain). It is just hard to picture Ridley (IMO) in the fray like that. Look, don't take this wrong. I'm not against Ridley, but It's just a saying.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
True.
And Geno is just a lost cause.

IMO: Ridley has a better chance of getting into Brawl then Geno. And you guys know, coming from me that means alot.
Geno, a lost cause...Ha! Not with the information I have been discovering recently

I really have no idea what number favorit Ridley is or anyone...Some random one between 1-10

The mother series is one of my favorite nintendo series and Claus would be perfect from it

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice
Honestly I'm getting a little worried about Ridley's chances at playable due to the Boss update. and it increases a little bit everytime a Character & SubS update comes up. I know you may have argumants aganist that. But someone would have to tell me to stop my worry and prove to me that Ridley can't be Boss (Besides Mother Brain). It is just hard to picture Ridley (IMO) in the fray like that. Look, don't take this wrong. I'm not against Ridley, but It's just a saying.
it doesn't matter what you think. look, if sakurai had him on the poll, it shows that HE has a way of implementing him as a PC. the fact that he's **** high up on the poll is awesome news. Ridley confirmed.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
??? really? Oh cool, can ya send me? Id really like to check it out. If there is any small proof that he is being thought of. Id Love to know.
Here's at least something...all I could dig up at the moment

Geno - Here’s an interesting one. A character that actually belongs to Square, but belongs in the Marioverse. What does Sakurai think? Well, actually, he’s intrigued. Geno is tied for second as well, and Sakurai has been noted as asking around for what the character is like. When he starts asking, it’s a good thing, btw. It means he’s bothering to learn who they are But Geno has been mentioned many-a-times, and Sakurai is listening to hard to each suggestion. And he’s yet to turn them down. That’s something, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom