• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I'm now part of R.I.D.L.E.Y. I'll do what I can to support this organization. And I have another moveset I found somewhere else.
uh....when and how? if gypsy let you in...then i need to be told about this. if not gypsy or myself...you're not in.

but yes, a classic Ridley for regular, and Meta as either the boss or Alt. Costume

Ridley for Brawl

RMR

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, So, What form do you think Ridley will be ? In metroid prime, he has a ground form, and really, I cant Imagine him walking like mewtwo (ewww...), Ridley is way too cool for that.

LordNannyKnuckles

Smash Rookie
After reading your convincing argument, I have decided that Ridley would make an awesome addition to Brawl and probably be able to overcome some of the major issues facing his size.

>__<-b

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I really don't think any of the Hunters made memorable enough of an appearance to truly justify being included in the game. There cool and all, but they don't seem to have enough personality...
I'd love to be proven wrong.
All I want is a Meta-Phazon Ridley alt costume. Anything else is just fluff.
Meh. If you ask me, the hunters in MP3 had plenty of personality due to actually being able to talk and what not (something the MPH hunters always lacked).

Other than that though, I agree.

Also, is it just me, or is there some kind of giant Ridley statue in the background of Norfair?
Yeah. I believe I pointed that out earlier.

I'd rather it be Ridley...He's classic, Meta-Ridley is just not
What's the big deal? In essence, they're the same creature. One just has a multi-missile system, meson bomb launcher, etc. that were given by the Pirates to be made even more versatile than before. Other than that, Meta and the original are the same pretty much.

Hmm, So, What form do you think Ridley will be ? In metroid prime, he has a ground form, and really, I cant Imagine him walking like mewtwo (ewww...), Ridley is way too cool for that.
Well technically, Mewtwo never 'walked'. He just levitated his legs shortly above the ground whenever moving somewhere. :p

As for the issue on Ridley walking, I used to think that way as well, until I saw him walk and stuff in Metroid Prime 3 (beginning cut-scene of Omega Ridley battle)...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeArUUNGTGo

So, yeah. Pretty self-explanatory.

After reading your convincing argument, I have decided that Ridley would make an awesome addition to Brawl and probably be able to overcome some of the major issues facing his size.

>__<-b
Yeah. Pretty much... and welcome to smashboards. :)

Snakz

Smash Ace
Im very impressed with the thread you guys made, in fact im kinda jealous, we're trying to get a membership thing going for the Geno thread

BTW, would you add me to your list of supporters please? :grin:

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Heh... I'm glad that spout of doubt toward Ridley is over, and more people seem to be supporting him. :)

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how many "I told you so" 's there will be when Ridley isnt in Brawl, or how many Heads in the dirt by those nonbelievers there will be when he is.
Hmmm,
The unbelievers shall be crushed under the heel of almighty Ridley.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ridley made all those nice alien movies that Metroid is based on!

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Ridley made all those nice alien movies that Metroid is based on!
Yep. Good old Ridley Scott. :p

There's also a Ridley (character) from the series/movie known as Dungeons and Dragons. >.>

Edit: Whoops. Seems I just answered PsychoIncarnate's trivial question that SiegK was supposed to say. Oh well.

SiegK

Smash Champion
Huntington Beach, SoCal. Wanna Smash? PM me.
Yep. Good old Ridley Scott. :p

There's also a Ridley (character) from the series/movie known as Dungeons and Dragons. >.>

Edit: Whoops. Seems I just answered PsychoIncarnate's trivial question that ZiegK was supposed to say. Oh well.
Thats not really a Complement. Lol.

And you spelled my name wrong when its right infront of you. Lawl at you, but thanks cause thate how you are supposed to pronounce it.

+ Sorry for DP.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Thats not really a Complement. Lol.
Yeah. I know.
It's spelled compliment by the way (only one e).

And you spelled my name wrong when its right infront of you. Lawl at you, but thanks cause thate how you are supposed to pronounce it.
I actually edited my post (fixing that typo in the process) just 1 freakin minute before you replied to it >_> (it said message was edited by me at 02:54 and that the post you made after was at 02:55).
Lawl at you. :p

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice
from the dojo:

"Prepare yourselves, minions of Bowser!"

its a nanometer off confirming that PCs can be bosses too.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
from the dojo:

"Prepare yourselves, minions of Bowser!"

its a nanometer off confirming that PCs can be bosses too.
I still doubt Bowser is going to be a Boss Battle...He's probably going to be a regular fight

If Ridley is fought, he too will be a regular fight, and not a boss

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I like spam, yeah!

Dun dun dun dun dun dun dun.

I like spam, yeah!

Ridley for Brawl! Ridley thread for closed!
Oh c'mon...the Ridley thread is just like the creature it reveres...

No matter how many times they kill it, it will always be revived!

Until it's frozen then absorbed by an alien parasite...then shatters into a million pieces

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice

Until it's frozen then absorbed by an alien parasite...then shatters into a million pieces
does the X-parasite kill it? or just copy it? i never finished fusion.......

AuraLancer

Smash Journeyman
The x parasite kills its host and then is capable of copying it. As for whether or not that's actually Ridley, I have no clue.

EDIT: I doubt that's really Ridley. Imagine how hard it would be to capture him alive. And if they did, he would most certainly be executed, not frozen for scientific study.

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
They have a clone of ridley.it was probably too strong and had the memory of the original, so they froze him, the federation has alot of deceptive practices and they are collectors.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the real Ridley can't be dead. They probably just found some piece of him and created the clone.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Lawl at my (compliment) and Lawl at you slow edit.
Lawls all 'round!
:dizzy:

I still doubt Bowser is going to be a Boss Battle...He's probably going to be a regular fight

If Ridley is fought, he too will be a regular fight, and not a boss
Let's hope so...

I like spam, yeah!

I like spam, yeah!

Ridley for Brawl! Ridley thread for closed!
:embarrass I can only wonder how much more your posting skills/habits will continue degrading...

Heh. I figured as much...

Who says that killed him though? His last defeat before Fusion (in Super Metroid) took place on Zebes, a planet that exploded. If his corpse was able to survive Zebes' apocalypse, then surely he could withstand some little bug bite. :p
Besides that, Ridley's always 'shattered into a million pieces' upon getting beaten (in every game he's in basically :ohwell: ), and as I said sometime before, this is why one shouldn't take everything they see on the TV/Game Boy screen for what's actually supposed to happen in the story.

The x parasite kills its host and then is capable of copying it. As for whether or not that's actually Ridley, I have no clue.

EDIT: I doubt that's really Ridley. Imagine how hard it would be to capture him alive. And if they did, he would most certainly be executed, not frozen for scientific study.
Agreed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom