• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Ridley for SSBB thread =-Version 3.0-=

Status
Not open for further replies.

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice
edit your post metaknighter, before others laugh at you (he was being sarcastic, the horrid misspellings and dumb argument are the give-away!)

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Yeah your right

i like your Banner Ridley Prime
By banner, if you mean sig, then thanks, I guess, though I wasn't the one who made it. In fact, I asked permission from the one who made it here to use it. :p

Not to make anyone mad, but what if Ridley... sucks in Brawl? Or what if he's broken?
Then, like I did with Mewtwo in SSBM, I would suck it up and train myself to get used to Ridley's playing style.

That would be terrible...
Yeah. I can only hope it doesn't come down to that... If it does though, I'll deal with it like I did with my favorite Pokemon being bottom tier in SSBM.

But seeing as how much they've improved Brawl so far for this upcoming game, I don't really see how Ridley could possibly suck if he's included.

ridley is too huge and he'd fit bettr in subspac emercenarey. i dun like the sound of draygonz in ma bwals..
I was going to say something to that post, but then I saw "R.I.D.L.E.Y" mentioned under your location status. :p (plus, I'm used to Ridley doubters spelling like that, so you almost got me there)

Phazon_Dude

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys do you think that Ridley may have been in melee but didn't get in. I don't know if it has been mentioned yet but here are the reasons why i think so:

1. In ssb64 you could see RIDLEY in the background of the stage Planet Zebes, but in melee they chose to advance on the way less popular Kraid as the background boss and Ridley has been totally removed from the sort of "remake" of the original metroid stage.

2. Ridley was fighting Samus in the melee intro and he was the size that was suitable if he was a playable character, maybe they originally planned that Ridley to be used for the character.

3. Well I heard Pit didn't get in because of trouble with wing animation and melee was suppose to be rushed. Example: Ganondorf being clone... Ganon banned? Maybe Ridley had the same problem

error_alt_delete

Smash Champion
Hey guys do you think that Ridley may have been in melee but didn't get in. I don't know if it has been mentioned yet but here are the reasons why i think so:

1. In ssb64 you could see RIDLEY in the background of the stage Planet Zebes, but in melee they chose to advance on the way less popular Kraid as the background boss and Ridley has been totally removed from the sort of "remake" of the original metroid stage.

2. Ridley was fighting Samus in the melee intro and he was the size that was suitable if he was a playable character, maybe they originally planned that Ridley to be used for the character.

3. Well I heard Pit didn't get in because of trouble with wing animation and melee was suppose to be rushed. Example: Ganondorf being clone... Ganon banned? Maybe Ridley had the same problem
alot of that makes sense, but I wouldn't get my hopes up over it.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
alot of that makes sense, but I wouldn't get my hopes up over it.
Same here.

*sigh* maybe tomorrow night :(
Perhaps, though if/when Ridley gets confirmed, it should be interesting enough to fool around with his figure here and there in PictoChat mode.

But really. That update was lame.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Hmmm Pictochat before Norfair, maybe Norfair will be confirmed with Ridley?!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Hmmm Pictochat before Norfair, maybe Norfair will be confirmed with Ridley?!
That's because they are introducing: Draw your own Picto character, into Brawl...

Then we could at least DRAW Ridley in Brawl...heh (Had to add something about Ridley)

Duality

Smash Journeyman
I'm all for Ridley in Brawl. He kinda reminds me of a feeble, skinny, old man sometimes though.

"Even if Doctor Seuss and Salvador Dali each took a hit of LSD and worked together, they could not make a character that would be out of place in Smash."

What's with these boards and psychedelics? Lol.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
Sylux would be great he is the only hunter i choose for mp3.though his speacil moves may be similar to Zamus.The electric coil could be similar to the whip but i think somone should do a moveset for him infact ill get right on it well soon....

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Kool I would have defiantly chosen him to be next ; )

Anyways the only thing that puts Sylux above the other hunters is he appeared in the 100% ending of MP3...

Still not much though.

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Ridley is great and should be in this game

If i chose a hunter it would be Weavil

I like his cool beam sword and he split himself into 2 parts

jc1sttwin

Smash Journeyman
Ridley is great and should be in this game

I like his cool beam sword and he can split himself into 2 parts

Rarzy

Smash Journeyman
ridley should be the first rep for metroid...maybe he should have been in sb64 instead of samus to represent metroid? he's just that cool. anyway i would rather just have a generic space pirate as opposed to any of the other hunters in recent games. especially in prime 3, the pirates look awesome. i would also be pissed in any hunter made it in before dark samus

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
I was going to say that, you have good taste. But we need more characters from the metroid universe. Does anyone remember Sylux.
Remember Sylux? Due to the MPH fanboys I've had to deal with before, chances are, I'll never forget a character such as that :laugh: (as much as I want to forget >_>).

Meh. Anyhow, regardless of *spoilers* his ship appearing on the 100% ending of MP3:C, Sylux doesn't really seem to have any real connection to Samus or the Metroid universe like say, Weavel for instance. He actually had a previous encounter with Samus (as a former Space Pirate general, on Zebes) before MPH, whereas those other Hunters pretty much just came out of nowhere.

Thus, if any Hunter from MPH had to get in Brawl as playable (which I really, really doubt will happen), Weavel would be the most plausible addition to the Metroid section of SSB:B's character roster.

Sylux would be great he is the only hunter i choose for mp3.
As far as hunters who were in MP3, Sylux doesn't really count since it was just his ship we saw in the 100% ending, and not Sylux himself.

Besides that, Rundas and Gandrayda (don't know about Ghor) would curb-stomp Sylux in an actual battle. :chuckle: I don't think I need to explain why Gandrayda would win, but for Rundas, Sylux doesn't have the Grapple Lasso (that's needed to rip off Rundas' ice armor in order to damage him any), so he wouldn't get far against him.

And to those who say "But wait! Sylux has that ship he can use in battle! Rundas would get beat then", my counter to that is the Delano 7 has an unresolved design flaw that causes the auto-cannon to be temporarily disabled by direct hits to the ship's hull. Something Rundas could easily do, if not just freeze the whole ship (like he did to some of those Space Pirate vessels on Norion).
Plus, like Samus, Rundas was given his own version of the P.E.D after the incident on Norion.
Ice + Phazon = ownage

So, yeah. Because of that (in addition to them actually having personalities and stuff), even Rundas and Gandrayda are much more worthy for Brawl than Sylux (to me anyway).

Of course, either way, this doesn't change the fact that Ridley takes priority over them all as a playable Metroid rep in SSB:B. :cool:

Kool I would have defiantly chosen him to be next ; )
Heh. That's good to hear I guess, and I'll be registering sometime soon (as soon as I finish some other things I need to do first).

I like his cool beam sword and he split himself into 2 parts
Just for reference (and FYI), the "beam sword" that Weavel and other Pirates use are called energy scythes, and the alt form where Weavel splits himself in 2 is called the Half Turret.

ridley should be the first rep for metroid...maybe he should have been in sb64 instead of samus to represent metroid? he's just that cool.
Yeah, but imagine the outrage it would've caused. :laugh: It would've been like having Bowser in SSB64 instead of Nintendo's main mascot (a.k.a. Mario).

anyway i would rather just have a generic space pirate as opposed to any of the other hunters in recent games. especially in prime 3, the pirates look awesome.
Meh. Same here (unless it's Weavel or Rundas perhaps, but I don't see either of them getting in before Dark Samus).

As for having a generic Space Pirate (as opposed to any of the hunters from previous games), I'd prefer one of them Commando Pirates (I don't care if it's MP2's or MP3's varient of the Commandos. Either one would do for me).

i would also be pissed in any hunter made it in before dark samus
Same here, I suppose...

Kung Fu Pirate!!
Hmm. Now those would be interesting to have, especially since they acted as Ridley's 2 personal body-guards in Super Metroid (hence why they're also called 'Ridley's Guard' by some other people/sources. I call them that sometimes too).

*thinks of a random idea for Ridley's final smash*
Ridley summons his 2 personal guards, and they wreck havoc on the opponents by throwing boomerang-like projectiles and performing flying side-kicks on them!
j/k

FoxMaster77

Smash Apprentice
I'm now part of R.I.D.L.E.Y. I'll do what I can to support this organization. And I have another moveset I found somewhere else.

- Slightly taller than Bowser, but much lighter since Ridley is skinny and has to be somewhat lightweight for flight.

- Yes Ridley flies in Metroid games, but so do many others in their games. He can just have multiple jumps

- Ridley can still look very menacing and cool in this game.

- Ridley's physique is skinny and very bird-like. Because of this, Ridley can tuck his appendages closely to his body and still fight. This means Ridley can actually be VERY large, but look deceptively smaller in his fighting pose.

Okay...Here is my move list for him. Read it and try to keep an open mind about how he can perform these moves with his body stature.
------------------------------------

Normal Attacks (Ground)

A,A,A - {Tearing Combo} - Ridley slashes to the right, then left, then extends his neck out and bites the enemy

Tilt A - {Tail Strike} - Extends his tail in front of him to slap an enemy.

vA - {Lawn Scissors} - Ridley extends his neck and snaps at his opponent's legs

^A - {Wall Rake} - Ridley swipes upwards with both claws, standing much taller in the process

Dash A - {Reckless Lunge} - Ridley lunges at the opponent at high speed, floating off the ground for a little bit

Normal Attacks (Air)

J, A - {Talon Gasher} - Ridley thrusts his foot claws forward to rip the enemy

J, Forward A - {Snake Whip} - Ridley's tail strikes semi-diagonally at the opponent

J, Away A - {Beating Wings} - Ridley's wings extend and beat rapidly to slap up opponents behind him

J, ^A - {Windmill Tail} - Ridley spins his tail around rapidly. Can hit on all sides, but can juggle foes that are right above him.

J, vA - {Carnage Spear} - Ridley tries to land his foot claws on an opponent while his tail sticks straight down like a spear. (Hit opponents with the tip of the tail for a possible Meteor Smash KO)

Smash Attacks

Smash Tilt A - {Dragon Batter} - Ridley lunges forward while spinning to strike hard with his tail

Smash vA - {Expose Panic} - Ridley slams his claws on the ground in front and his tail on the ground behind him while making an extremely intimidating pose

Smash ^A - {Billowing Flame} - Ridley exhales a quick blast of fire above him.

Grabs

Z (Grab) - Ridley grabs his opponent with his claws

Z - {Maul}- Ridley snaps at his opponent with his jaws

Z, Forward - {Body Serve} - Ridley tosses his foe up a little, bends down, and smacks his opponent away with hsi tail

Z, v - {Violent Blaster} - Ridley pins his opponent down underneath his foot and blasts him with flames

Z, Away - {Scrap Dispose} - Ridley wraps his tail around his foe and flings him away

Z, ^ - {Shoot Down} - Ridley throws his opponent high in the air and quickly exhales a fireball that explodes upon impact.

Special Moves

B - {Plasma Balls} - Ridley can exhale intense balls of super-heated energy.
- Hold B to gather flaming energy in Ridley's mouth
- Press B to release a fireball. It doesn't move fast, but it's pretty strong
- The longer you hold, the more fireballs will be exhaled. (Up to 5)
- When exhaling the balls of plasma, use the control stick to control the direction they fly out.

Tilt B - {Dragon Gale} - Ridley crouches onto his hands and beats his wings really hard, creating a strong gust of wind.
- Hold forward while rapidly pressing B to get the gust started. The gust has decent range.
- The longer B is tapped, the weaker the gust becomes. Stop in order to let it recharge to full strength.
- This move is mainly for diverting projectiles out of Ridley's path. The closer the projectile is and the stronger the wind is, the better the diversion.
- Enemies up close to the stronger wind will be pushed back and knocked on their feet. Aerial foes will tumble when up close.

vB - {Full Tail Assault} - Ridley uses his versatile tail to attack anywhere.
- Press vB to whip forward with Ridley's tail
- Keeping B held, move the control stick around to strike a opponents.
- This is like Shiek's Chainl, but it's stronger and knocks opponent's away instead of comboing them and keeping them close
- Whenever the tail does hit an opponent, it retracts back a little and can't be used for a second

^B - {Carry Prey} - Ridley will leap to the height of an average character while moving towards them, then land back down.
- If the opponent is near Ridley, he will capture them in his foot claws
- From here, Ridley can leap up to 3 times high in the air while carrying his opponent before automatically descending to the ground
- Pressing B immediately: Ridley will repeatedly claw-grope his opponent with his claws.
- Pressing B after 1 jump: Ridley will swing his tail around, slapping his foe 3 times, the 3rd hit knocking the enemy away
- Pressing B after 2 jumps: Ridley will drop back to the ground fast, slamming his opponent down.
- Pressing B after 3 jumps: Ridley pushes his opponent away a little, then exhales a damaging stream of fire that also pushes them away a good distance
- With each second and jump, it becomes harder to keep hold of an opponent. Using the claw-grope also makes it easier to escape.
- The opponent can rotate the joystick rapidly to escape faster.

Miscellaneous:

Floor Tech - Ridley catches himself on one hand while his wings are spread wide open (not necessarily a handstand though.)
Wall Tech - Ridley clings onto the wall with both hands and feet while looking away from the wall.
Ceiling Tech - Ridley's tail pushes against the ceiling in order to prevent his back from slamming into it.

Rolling Towards/Behind enemy - Ridley quickly glides in a speedy arch around any threats. He turns his body nearly 90º in the process, so this would look pretty cool. The distance of the roll would be pretty large...a little less than Mewtwo's distance.

Rolling away from enemy - Ridley pushes off his feet to get away, using a quick flapping of his wings to hover just a bit. The distance for this would also be a little less than Metwo's rolling distance.

Sidestep Dodge - Ridley crouches his upper body and draws back pretty close to the ground. His neck also retracts quite a bit. (This one's kind of hard to explain.)

Aerial Dodge - Ridley's arms, legs, and neck pull closer into his body as he does a barrel roll. This dodge would be your average dodge.

*Ledge recovery*

{Jumping up a ledge} - Ridley leaps up pretty high, and his arms and legs pull closer to his body. His neck though stays the same length while his jaws remain open and menacing. (I really like that menacing "Raptor-Like" disposition Ridley has.)

{Evading from the Ledge} - Ridley darts closely to the ground and crawls hastily on the ground in a very animal-like fashion.

{Ledge attack (less than 100% damage)} - Ridley darts forward and reaches out with his claws to scratch his opponent.

{Ledge attack (100% or more damage)} - Ridley struggles upwards while turning a bit to the side, and his tail darts out to hit his opponent.

Knocked onto back - Ridley rolls back onto his front, resting on his claws and feet, and quickly flows into a spin to strike surrounding enemies with his tail.

Knocked onto front - Ridley elevates his entire body off the ground with one hard beat of his wings, and snaps ahead with his jaws while his tail whacks anyone close behind him.

Possible stats and strategies:

Size - Very tall and rather long. Tail usually stays curved around body, but can extend outwards and is long. Because of this, Ridley will make for an even bigger target than Bowser himself, lending him extremely suspectible to huge comboes. [10/10]

Weight - Could be similar to Samus's weight. Ridley is large, but not built to be heavy. This is another weakness of Ridley's, as those who can combo well won't need long before they can KO Ridley. [7/10]

Jump - Ridley would be able to get a great first leap, but while he would have 4 jumps total (excluding Up B), his 2nd-4th jump would not give him that much height. Ridley would be better for horizontal aerial movement.[7/10]

Strength - Because Ridley is large and strong, his strength would be pretty decent. His tail though would excel in strength. [7.5/10]

Damage - Being equipped with sharp teeth, claws, a wicked tail, and flame breath, Ridley would be great for dealing damage. [8.5/10]

Agility - On ground, Ridley would be rather quick, but he would be VERY fast in the air...at least horizontally. Vertically, Ridley can move quick, but it doesn't go far, and he would fall pretty fast. [7/10]

Speed - As a fighter, Ridley's attacks are pretty fast and very snake-like. This speed is a necessity for keeping Ridley well-guarded.

Evasion - Despite his size, Ridley's quick agile bursts better suit his evasive abilities than for offense. [9/10]

The Strategy:
Due to Ridley's large size and deceptively not-so-heavy body, Ridley would be very easy to destroy if somebody comboed him to death. This is why Ridley's abilities lend to striking enemies away with quick, precisive hits. Also having great evasive skills and aerial speed, this allows Ridley to hold his own against those looking to capitalize on his size.

Ridley is capable of good damage without having to combo, and he is generally quite strong, but this moveset caters more to damaging opponents and keeping them away then outright power, so against slower yet bigger and heavier foes, Ridley can be a little more aggressive, but does not have as many KO options as other characters. Ridley's best bet here is to get in hits while remaining evasive to avoid damage. Due to his weight and size, getting too aggresive could be trouble.

Titan05

Smash Journeyman
I really don't think any of the Hunters made memorable enough of an appearance to truly justify being included in the game. There cool and all, but they don't seem to have enough personality...
I'd love to be proven wrong.
All I want is a Meta-Phazon Ridley alt costume. Anything else is just fluff.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
I really don't think any of the Hunters made memorable enough of an appearance to truly justify being included in the game. There cool and all, but they don't seem to have enough personality...
I'd love to be proven wrong.
All I want is a Meta-Phazon Ridley alt costume. Anything else is just fluff.
lol fluff.
yes i totally igree on this with you and so do most people in this thread(i think)
even i want a hunter to appear but it aint gonna happen.

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
I support Ridley, I don't know if I have to earn your trust before joining your club, but yeah, just thought I'd put it out there. I used to hate Ridley exceedingly, but I turned over a new leaf....all that support that I see for him on the IGN, Neoseekers, and Gamespot forums is truly astounding and inspirational....

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Having a Hunter in Brawl would almost be as bad as Waluigi being in Brawl... (In my opinion) They don't deserve to be in Brawl, and certainly not over Dark Samus, and ESPECIALLY not over Ridley. :ohwell:

But yeah, Ridley for/in Brawl.

Also, is it just me, or is there some kind of giant Ridley statue in the background of Norfair? It looks like it could be his mouth or arm? :dizzy:

Norm

Smash Lord
NNID
Sheldon86
I would love to see Meta-Ridley in brawl he was an awesome boss in the Metroid Prime serise and he has more attacks than regular ridley so it might be a little easier to come up with moves.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I would love to see Meta-Ridley in brawl he was an awesome boss in the Metroid Prime serise and he has more attacks than regular ridley so it might be a little easier to come up with moves.
I'd rather it be Ridley...He's classic, Meta-Ridley is just not

RMR

Smash Apprentice
Ridley is going to be in Brawl, could he be a boss ? It would be at least decent, as much as I would love to have ridley as a characther, the boss argument is strong. BUt nobody belived inRed, and Ridley has lots of fanbase, so... Im not pretty sure if Im a beliver or not. RIDLEY FOR BRAWL !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom