• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *NEW* and *IMPROVED* move ranking list

Kief

Smash Ace
links diar is laggy and doesnt spike but come on that move is incredible (can kill below 100%) and good players dont even land with it, taking away the lag so i think it should def. be considered in the top ten.

plus link obviously has a better zair than 4 empty spaces lol. many characters dont have a zair and links is an incredible spacing/combo move. it should be right below samus's imo.

and for the down special, if you're counting all the things link can do with his bomb, then he should be in the top ten in that as well, because the mindgames/uses you have with that are endless.

i believe falco's down special should be up there as well, because along with deflecting projectiles, it can be used an air or ground attack, great for spacing, and an edge guarding tactic

this thread is cool though

Son1x-

Smash Apprentice
What about Luigi's bthrow. It kills pretty fast too I think (not as fast as Olimar or Ness but still).

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
I'm not seeing much factual info in this. Too many people with half or so (I'm not gonna read through all the pages) posting their OPINIONS. Not enough people that actually know what they're talking about.
EDIT: This has fail written on it. Link's Zair isn't even on the list.
EDIT: I love you all. I'm just being an angry poster because I haven't slept yet. Much love. Good effort. Keep it up. Have fun. Smash ftw. Everybody here go to Genesis. The end.

sonic 12111

Smash Journeyman
mr game and watch has the worst jab right. i think it is horrible. it is easily DIed out of and it doesnt do much damage. i only do 7 damage before they get out of it.

Frown

poekmon
Worst standing grab would be Link.

Not only does it have massive ending lag, but it looks so darn embarassing when his clawshot falls to the ground and he waits for a second to pull it back.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
You should add Ike's Utilt to the top 10. It kills 1% later then his Usmash, and is a true combo out of his first Jab. It's basically Snake's Utilt, with a true combo to set it up, but a slightly smaller hitbox and less speed when out of that combo.

And I'd have to agree with MK's jab being the worse.

TKD+ITA+Mar=

Smash Ace
Marth's Nair is pretty good, quite fast, double hit, amazing knockback. However it has a hard time hitting smaller opponents on the ground.

NorrYtt

Smash Cadet
There's a few moves being chosen because they "combo well into other moves" but that's a full movelist debate, not a single move debate. Sure, Ganondorf's Dtilt hits after his ForwardB, but ForwardB is the good move, the Dtilt is just getting points by association.

Othertimes, a character without many "good" moves will always have a default "good" move relatively speaking (because you can't stand idle and win). I guess Captain Falcon's Fair suffers from this.

On the other hand, giving Ganondorf's Dair to someone with moderate aerial capabilities like Ness would be completely asinine.

You can look at the properties of the move itself or at the move in practice (which cares about your character's floatiness, run speed, etc). Good aerials on good aerial maneuverable characters like Wario or Luigi will ultimately perform better than a terrifying aerial (Ganondorf Dair) on a heavy short jumping Ganondorf.

I like to think of "best moves" where I divorce the move from the character, give it to whoever I want to, then test the ridiculousness of it.

Browny

Smash Hater
Why is Sonics grab up there? It has the worst grab range of all.
ugh @ people who assume everything about sonic...

... wait, your a sonic main too?? wtf

His grab range is average amongst non-tether characters, his dash grab is right up there for the quickest in the game (i think only ness' is faster) and it also slides a decent amount. not MK length, but its still a very large range when compared to every other character.

its good

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I'm quite surprised Zelda's uair, utilt and dtilt havn't made top 10.

Strongest uair in the game by quite a lot. I think it's also one of the highest priority attacks in the game as nothing but kirby's down b can go through it, and even then it can catch kirby out as he'll need a few frames to morph into the object first before he falls. She won't be landing this often, but she doesn't have to, as usually whenever it does hit it kills them instantly. Ivysaur is not exactly light, and it KOs him consistently at 60% with DI.

Strongest utilt in the game as well. It's stronger than snake's, (not sure about ganon's, though his one has hardly enough use to count). Utilt also lingers and punishes rolls and even spotdodges. It has enough priority to beat even lucario's dair (we all know the great priority of that move), and it even true combos from dtilt at correct percents. Again, it won't hit much, but when it does it kills. If I remember correctly, it starts KOing lightweights around 70+% with DI and anything else around 90+%.

And her Dtilt is amazing. Deceptive range, lock capabilities (which are surprisingly difficult to SDI out of), and it can give enough hitstun at later percents to true combo into other attacks. It hits on frame 5, so it's fast, and clanks with practically anything that hits it, so Zelda can use this on many character's FSmashes to avoid being killed. It also has hardly any cooldown lag. For tilt, I think it deserves its place on the top 10.

Also... when she sweetspots them, she has the strongest fair and bair in the game. Bair is much easier to sweetspot and is more useful. It can hit all character out of shield except MK and I think pikachu and squirtle. As an out of shield option, I think it's amazing. It's also 5 frames long I think, so it's fast and, when RARd, can be used as a great wall against approaching foes!

Boxob.

Smash Lord
Worst standing grab is either Sonic or Yoshi.

You can't shield grab fast enough for Yoshi to make it of any use usually.

Sonic's is just too slow short.

:093:

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Bair
1. Game and Watch
2. Donkey Kong
3. King Dedede
4. Wolf
5. Kirby
6. Yoshi
7. ROB
8. Pit
9. Luigi
10. Marth
Worst. Pikachu
I think this is an underestimation of Pikachu's Bair. It is by no means a great move, but among players who have used Pikachu enough to understand it's properties, it is a usable move. Unless every other Bair is usable, in which case, Pika might be the worst.

A good Pika mainer can use the attack as a quick multi-hit move. The main problems with the attack is understanding how the attack moves (an issue concerning experience) and that it might be DI-able out of. I don't know too much about the effect of opponent DI on this move unfortunately. However, it is quite usable.

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
Where is Toon Link?
Toon Link's Bair and down-B should be on there for sure.
Bair is great for combo's and racking up damage, it comes out fast and has little if any lag.
Down-B has huge priority and hit stun and it can be used in many ways (like Diddy's down-B)
Come to think of it his Zair isn't on there either.

You should think about all the characters before making lists like this.

Fox's Down-B, greatest reflector in the game. 'It's more than just a reflector.' This should be high up on the list. And yet you have Wolf's Down-B at number 4?

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Put Oli's fsmash in top 10.
Offensively, his upb is better than DK's IMO.

Mister E

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2208-7088-4154
I would put Jigglypuff Dtilt as worst... (really just too useless) and Jigglys Upsmash as "not worst" since it's really usefull when you use it in a dash cancel... it may also be really unexpected to use randomly in a figth.

IKOU

Smash Apprentice
Why isn't Jiggs's Fair on the list? Also, Snake and DK's Nairs should also be on the list, and Marth's neutral B should be on the list

Browny

Smash Hater
How is DK's nair anything special?

and marths shielbreaker isnt anywhere near as useful as all the current neutral B's there

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I think Luigi needs the 8th spot or something for up tilt

It "combos" at low percentage and Kills also at a good percentage (as far as up tilts go.)

Steeler

Smash Hero
NNID
Steeler
how is squirtle's dthrow not on the list

or ivysaur's bullet seed

what is this...this madness

also worst down b is squirtle's LOL

best down b...is ivysaur's LOL

ivy's nair is pretty good and combos into utilt/bullet seed

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
Uh, obviously the list isn't being updated.
I don't think this list can be used at all.

(FALCONS JAB FTW BTW!)

Top Bottom