• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The NEOH Thread - OP updated what?????

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
....IT WAS STUPID HOT OUT TODAY
I was in Erie, PA. It was like...2 degrees cooler there...so not much in the least.

I was at a funeral though. The church's air conditioning died, and there were a bunch of people...so it got stupid hot. And then we had to be outside. Ughhhh I felt disgusting.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Just realized how much I hate brawl again with passion.
MK = Tornado = one move to catch up in percentage when it takes me 4 movies.
Snake ^ what he did except my F-tilt =)
One Tornado does 15-21% so ****ing dumb.

solecalibur

Smash Master
it was so freakin hot ughhh, couldnt even sit in my car with no air conditioning

and @ suyon where were you for the past 2 years?

Suyon

Smash Lord
Man. I was hiding from all this heat...and I came back at the wrong time!!! 1 Hour of sleeep!!!! So minus that one hour basically up for 38 hours! As you know I don't pay attention to anything that I don't care about. And I'll probably forget how broken they are with their moves tomorrow when I wake up until I read my post again!
I learned that Brecksville actually does have good food here. And I haven't been to these restaurants for years like 8.
My basement is the haven of my hikikomori status also. I just wish I could go through a TV and enter an alternate world. 2D!!!!!

Suyon

Smash Lord
I was cranky. I did poor on my Calculus test when I thought I did well but no. I studied for 18 hours straight with only 1 hour of sleep. Then stayed up for another 18 hours. I found out that I put down the wrong formula for half of my problems. Yeah, I started noticing dumb stuff in life since I salty. The only way to escape reality is to go to the 2D world!!!
Nah. Those movies were loooong. Like that Saruman with repeat mode on foreeeevaaaaaaah. Even when in defeat he is still dangerous =(
Still sawdy that's what I'm on.

King~

Smash Champion
three things

1.Suyon, perhaps not having any sleep affected your thought process, just a thought

2. going to Viva, can i get a ride with anyone. Links?

3.anyone want to team for viva, i'd prefer not to enter singles

Suyon

Smash Lord
I dunno King. I did ok in the psychology test I think. As the day dragged on I was getting really cranky because I refused to sleep because if I did it would have completely messed up my sleeping schedule which I wouldn't have cared, but tournament saturday so meh. I'd probably miss it if I went to sleep. Also the heat made it worse. Isn't this suppose to last a week? I could be wrong.
For ride you can ask Jiffy since I think he's picking me up?

Jiffyboob

Smash Lord
three things

1.Suyon, perhaps not having any sleep affected your thought process, just a thought

2. going to Viva, can i get a ride with anyone. Links?

3.anyone want to team for viva, i'd prefer not to enter singles
I dunno King. I did ok in the psychology test I think. As the day dragged on I was getting really cranky because I refused to sleep because if I did it would have completely messed up my sleeping schedule which I wouldn't have cared, but tournament saturday so meh. I'd probably miss it if I went to sleep. Also the heat made it worse. Isn't this suppose to last a week? I could be wrong.
For ride you can ask Jiffy since I think he's picking me up?
King, you should find a way to Suyons to be picked up :)
You would make the 5th person in the car.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
If I go, it'd be with argent. Not 100% sure if I'm up for it now atm :( My biggest issue is the last three tournies I've gone to, I've had no money. This time will be no different...but friendlies almost COMPLETELY stop when tournies start. ALL sets are used, and not even a single set for 1 or 2 of the games are left to do friendlies on. Basically means I get to sit there n watch fights for 8-12 hours...You can only watch so much before you'd rather play...and when a game or games do free up, it's usually Brawl first for quite some time THEN other games :< I'd bring my 360/wii, but I'm honestly tired of hooking/re-hooking crap up, and I've just gotten my 360 hooked back up n my Wii is waiting to be hooked in, but most of the time my set ups aren't even used so I won't even bother.
(Also I DO NOT have the venue fee $. Sorry, we're really hurting for money with bills n what not atm :/)

EDIT: I'd complain bout the potential of briiiight light and/or heat, but it's indoors, I suspect there's AC, and it's not that big a deal :p. It's more the money and I never really seem to be able to play much before/during/after tournies start issues that are holding me back...

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
We will have AC..because old people love churches, and old people need air conditioning. If there isnt, im begging for it.

I will try to have set ups for friendlies open at all times. If that doesnt work, I'm making sure to have other systems set up for free play/telling people to bring systems for other games.

And $5 is no problem. Dont not attend just because of $5. That's never fun!

ALSO...WE HAVE A PROJECTOR. IDK WHAT WE ARE GONNA DO WITH IT...BUT WE HAVE ONE. I'll take votes n stuff for what gets played on ze projector.

Also pre reg is cloooosed.

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
What do you mean by no problem? As in I don't have to pay, or "5 isnt that much" because I can't get 5. Period. :/

EDIT: Argent if you see this, call me ASAP >.>

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
How can you make plans to attend a tournament without money? I mean, I can understand not being able to afford a tournament, but then why plan to attend in the first place?

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
To play the friendlies. Alyssa told me she planned to keep 1 or 2 set ups open when tournies are going for friendlies for those that show up without money/are there with friends/got knocked out. Speaking of which, great tourney :D....It would've been nice if more people that I knew/recognized/remembered showed up xD. That giant hall was so barren @.@ And power went out! boom!

Eon the Wolf

Smash Ace
NNID
Ethinial
So...I now has a 32 inch LCD that replaced my dying 20 inch Standard def TV...I uh...o.o...I feel like I need to play some fighter/open world/multilayer games to break this puppy in, and all I've played so far is SSF4 and Halo Reach on it :/ Can't play Wii on it until I get component cables or else I have to unplug my cable box D:
(Hint: this is an attempt to get some sort of conversation going about SOMETHING. There's plenty of topics in this post to choose from :p)

Suyon

Smash Lord
You could hold a smashfest to commemorate this new tv.

Also missed seeing jigglyzelda at viva. Next time then if it happens.
Anyone going to kiests tournament or the Dublin one or something?

Also remember last year we talked about a neoh cedar point event. Maybe? Even though I can't ride anything due to motion sickness.

KB, can you tell the difference between me and Lukay or other pits you faced in terms of playstyle? I did watch your MM against him. We can take this to PMs if so.

:phone:

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Hey, all. For the past few days I've been struggling with a difficult decision. I kinda wanted to talk to you all about it this weekend, but I kept my mouth shut and just had fun with the tournament. In fact I think I was trying to get my mind off it for a while.

I accepted a job offer today with a company that does contract work for the Dept. of Defense. The offer was really hard for me to turn down. The big thing about it is I have to move to Virginia for this position. I have wanted to move out east for a while now and do something meaningful with my career. This gives me the opportunity to do both.

I don't start until August 15th though, so I'll be around for stuff until sometime the week before. But yeah... :/

Suyon

Smash Lord
So this means you won't be here for Kiest's either then.
Well nothing can be done when work calls for you man. You will be missed =(
Should have had that cake now at the tournament.
Best of luck out there.

So when do you plan on leaving Ohio? Maybe NEOH can hold something together before you leave?

D

Deleted member

I'm gonna have a smashfest at my place tomorrow at 6. Who is interested? I live in Medina.

Just post if you're interested and I'll PM you my address.

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
You could hold a smashfest to commemorate this new tv.

Also missed seeing jigglyzelda at viva. Next time then if it happens.
Anyone going to kiests tournament or the Dublin one or something?

Also remember last year we talked about a neoh cedar point event. Maybe? Even though I can't ride anything due to motion sickness.

I think i was standing around you, but didn't know who you were so i didn't say anything as im dumb quiet around new people. >.>

Hey, all. For the past few days I've been struggling with a difficult decision. I kinda wanted to talk to you all about it this weekend, but I kept my mouth shut and just had fun with the tournament. In fact I think I was trying to get my mind off it for a while.

I accepted a job offer today with a company that does contract work for the Dept. of Defense. The offer was really hard for me to turn down. The big thing about it is I have to move to Virginia for this position. I have wanted to move out east for a while now and do something meaningful with my career. This gives me the opportunity to do both.

I don't start until August 15th though, so I'll be around for stuff until sometime the week before. But yeah... :/
Good **** Argent! That sounds like a great opportunity! Good luck.
like Fro said. good luck out there when you start!

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Congrats Craig!!! x3

I was thinking of holding a smashfest before I leave for Pittsburgh anyway...why don't we make a whole event of it? xD (also, there was going to be cake at this smashfest or pastries of some sort since we beat DU on attendance x3)

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I am 99% sure I'll be able to make the mansion/CP trip. That combination is just too good for me to pass up. Especially given the circumstances.

@Auspher - I'd like to come if you're still holding that smashfest tonight.

M@v

Subarashii!

Dude that's badass! I wish you the best. What kind of contract work?

Suyon

Smash Lord
Lokii, Smashfest in two weeks then with cake? My last day of class is next Thursday.
Also did someone posted a CP event before me. I just said it since I remember someone trying to hold one last year. This will be amazing if possible. This weekend will they to set a schedule for orientation or next week. Then tackle drivers liscence.
Also last time I went there was 15 years

And again Argent congrats and best of luck. Still wanting to know when your last day in Ohio is unless it is the 15th. So we can properly set up dates of smashfest and stuff.

Top Bottom