• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

TLMSheikant

Smash Master
It would be cool if they released 2 zeldas almost at the same time :p. One with the middle aged link lol and another with young link. I wonder, will they break the tradition of link not speaking? :(

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I'm more excited for the new zelda wii game rather than "spirit tracks"

As for the old characters and memories it would be cool to see old characters like malon, skull kid, saria etc in wii/tp graphics

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
@ Mini Mic:

They've made it clear that this Link is older than any we've seen. And that he is a young adult rather than a late teen.

ZettaKuma

Smash Cadet
I really can't help this but.
I think the timeline at the begining is slighty incorrect.
Ocarina of Time leads into 2 different endings, a ending for Child Link and an ending for Adult Link, which makes the storyline "split".
There is a video that goes into a lot more depth in this-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2g65jL3HDg

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
WHERE THE HELL DID YOU FIND THAT?

Lmao at someone sneaking a pic even though they asked to turn off all digital devices.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I really can't help this but.
I think the timeline at the begining is slighty incorrect.
Ocarina of Time leads into 2 different endings, a ending for Child Link and an ending for Adult Link, which makes the storyline "split".
There is a video that goes into a lot more depth in this-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2g65jL3HDg
We know this... did you actually look at our timeline or did you just assume we're Zelda noobs? Look at the timeline again. We know about the split timeline theory. We use the split timeline theory.

LSDX

Wah!
:mad:

This is how it will go down tomorrow

Cammie Dunaway comes out to finally announce what the Zelda team has been working on.
Right from the start I notice something's off because she has a sweatsuit and headband on. They have the triforce, but why would she wear that?
She asks everyone if they're ready to "Train like a hero!". No one claps. The place goes dark. Roll trailer.
Link is riding towards us on Epona. Again, something's not right. He's also wearing the sweatsuit and headband.
He arrives at the castle and immediately it cuts to him doing jumping jacks with Zelda with a side-by-side screen showing a 40 year old doing them in his living room.
This continues with pushups with the Kakariko builders, hay bale throwing with Malon, and "rock crushing crunches" with Big Goron.
Trailer ends. Silence. A few chuckles. With the most excited and annoying voice ever, she exclaims "Finally! A Zelda game for EVERYONE!"
^ **** nobody cares about
^^ This

SuperRacoon

Smash Journeyman
In an answer regarding the New Super Mario Bros for Wii.

Nintendo Representative said:
A: "We really want these games to be enjoyed by such a wide variety of people so that's really a tough challenge for us." That being said, for the people who do require that kind of challenge, Miyamoto and team do have some things in store with regard to the game. "There will be areas that I hope are difficult enough for everyone," he says.
I really hope this means Nintendo has found an effective way to cater to everyone
SECRET LEVELS!

By all means I hope they do a good job providing some really challenging areas in the new Zelda too. At the very least difficulty should be Ikana Canyon in MM, where I am currently stuck. More importantly though, i think what we* all really want out of the new Zelda is a much richer non-cliche story (like MM, really in just one game I feel like I get to learn more about Termina than I ever got to about Hyrule across something like 12 games or so). I still don't even really know what to expect from ST, as it is still early in development. So far it looks better than PH to say the least.
*by we, I really hope I don't end up just meaning me

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
In an answer regarding the New Super Mario Bros for Wii.

I really hope this means Nintendo has found an effective way to cater to everyone
SECRET LEVELS!
Incidently, have you ever played Yoshi's Island?

20% of the levels are secret/extra levels, and they are pretty much exactly the kind of thing you're talking about.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Still though, didn't Miyamoto specifically say that it wasn't a child Link or the teenage Link that we're used to, and instead an older Link? He obviously won't be middle-aged, as you pointed out, but I'm willing to bet the new Link is somewhere in his 20's, as opposed to the 16/17 year old Link we got in TP.
From the looks of Link in TP he was not 16, I would have put him 17/18 and honestly I doubt physically there would be much of a difference between a 17 year old and 25 year old Link.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I think when they mean older I think he LOOKS older by his Maturity.

Battle scars, longer hair, and the look of a killers eyes with regret and pleasure of the kill..

Ohh it makes me feel tingly.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
From the looks of Link in TP he was not 16, I would have put him 17/18 and honestly I doubt physically there would be much of a difference between a 17 year old and 25 year old Link.
I'm not thinking that he will look that much different. A bit taller, longer (or maybe shorter) hair, more defined muscles, and maybe maybe a scar or two, though that would be a bit generic.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
I want the next Zelda game to be an evolution in the franchise while retaining its core system.

I'm thinking of the future of Hyrule. Way in the future. It would have steampunk feel with a lot of cogs and bronze. It would be in a developed victorian type city, but you would have to explore the surrounding underdevloped forest, beacause you are an Archeologist. Your mission as this new adult Link is to search the remains of the old Hyrule to uncover the secrets of Hyrules past through artifacts and literaiture. You would see old landmarks like the remains of old Castle Hyrule you would explore the acient Libraries and read about the legends of the old Links and Zelda. But you uncover another figure, a tall dark man reocurring throughout history to take over Hyrule. Ganon. You then find out your the new Link and must search for the Master Sword, because as you've read in the history books, its the only thing that can defeat him. But it turns out Ganon is already setting up his plan for domination. He has been hard at work at building humanoid steam robots to act as a host for his undead spirit warriors. Then with your new knowledge and tools you save the kingdom and Zelda.

As new gameplay features you use and command steampunk like tools and vehicles to get around. From muskets to crossbows and motocycles to planes.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Toon Link of Spirit Tracks didn't have a sword in multiplayer.

And unfortunately, Zelda Wii isn't a continuation of Twilight Princess. I'm not the only one that was dissapointed with the ending.

chaindude

Smash Journeyman
nobody seems to know who the girl is but alot of people agree that she looks alot like a fairy from wind waker

Puddin

Smash Lord
The theory is that the girl behind Link is the spirit of the Master Sword, and that you will be switch her between this form and the Master Sword depending on the situation (say for combat or puzzles that require two people.)

Her head is the edge of the blade, the green jewel in her chest is on the tip of the handle (just before the blade begins,) the pattern on her legs matches that of the Master Sword's handle, the two yellow lines coming out of the jewel are the same as those extending from the jewel on the Master Sword which continue onto the blade, and her waist matches the disk thing just above the jewel on the Master Sword.

That right there is some copypasta from my post in the E3 09' thread. It's not my theory, I take no credit, but I DO agree with it.

Puddin

Smash Lord
What is this a copycat of sorts with Prince of Persia (the recent one)
Sort of, except I'm guessing that you can actually DIE in this game. Plus, I don't think her spirit form can actually attack anything, but who knows? We'll just have to wait until Miyamoto deems us worthy of new information.

Darkslash

Smash Master
This kinda reminds me of a scene in Hellsing.

Both main characters had the spirits of their weapons appear to them. Both were freaked out by the spirits due to them being complete opposites to the wielders.

Do you think we will encounter a similar situation with this new Zelda? With the spirit of the Master Sword the opposite of Link?

Puddin

Smash Lord
This kinda reminds me of a scene in Hellsing.

Both main characters had the spirits of their weapons appear to them. Both were freaked out by the spirits due to them being complete opposites to the wielders.

Do you think we will encounter a similar situation with this new Zelda? With the spirit of the Master Sword the opposite of Link?
Seems a bit odd though, since the Master Sword will only come out of the stone if it deems it's wielder worthy. So why would it go with Link if it was his opposite? I mean, they can't be opposite, they both fight for the good of Hyrule, right?

Darkslash

Smash Master
Seems a bit odd though, since the Master Sword will only come out of the stone if it deems it's wielder worthy. So why would it go with Link if it was his opposite? I mean, they can't be opposite, they both fight for the good of Hyrule, right?
There could be factors such as the morality and the way the two characters treat each other and other characters. That actually reminds me if any one didn't read some thing I posted earlier.

What is a Zelda game? They've been having discussion at HQ. The stories have evolved over time, graphics improve, but what is the best way to move the franchise forward?

Miyamoto's idea is.. to give the player a more impacting experience and really feel Link's journey through the game, by creating memories of the characters you meet and things you face along the way. These would be things that would differ for each person as they play their own way through, so everyone would have unique memories. How you approach a dungeon, solve a puzzle, or complete a side quest all add to this.

Right now, for each game they are mainly iterating on variations of controls, level designs, etc.. so he wants to see the series evolve in more meaningful ways.

He wanted to show a new Zelda for Wii today, but they want to focus on development before announcing or showing anything. Instead he brought an illustration to prove they are far into development of a new game, because it contained characters that are deeply involved even into the later stages of the game. He's hoping to release next year, but may take a "little longer" (laugh). Illustration was Link with one smaller whitish character, looked a bit like a female relative of the Zora.
Also this Link is looking a bit TOO MUCH like TP Link. Since he already pulled the Master Sword out of the pedestal, I can assume this may be the direct sequel to TP. Heck, this Zelda maybe the new Majora's mask.

Puddin

Smash Lord
There could be factors such as the morality and the way the two characters treat each other and other characters. That actually reminds me if any one didn't read some thing I posted earlier.

Also this Link is looking a bit TOO MUCH like TP Link. Since he already pulled the Master Sword out of the pedestal, I can assume this may be the direct sequel to TP. Heck, this Zelda maybe the new Majora's mask.
I'm thinking it might be a TP sequel as well, I said it over in the E3 thread but not here. The design for the Master Sword (or the spirit of the Master Sword) is identical to the Master Sword from TP (after comparing the girl to the sword,) so I think this is a sequel. Not that it matters much anyway, Legend of Zelda timelines are ridiculous.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Having the girl be the Master Sword in human form is a really interesting theory. I wonder if, going with it being a TP sequel, somehow fighting and beating Ganondorf does something to the sword. In its other appearances, the Master Sword is never wielded by Link anymore once he finishes his quest. In ALttP, he returns it to its pedestal, and in OoT, he does the same. In WW, it sinks with Ganon and Hyrule. So perhaps Link could continue to wield it, only to have it rebel and take human form? Could some other evil take advantage of this to attack, and now Link must fight the evil and regain the power of the Master Sword? Just throwing that out there.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I like the idea of sword girl. It's not something we've seen before and if they can follow suit with the rest of the game ,instead of the copy/pasta BS, we could end up with a very cool Zelda game. If this was the "next MM" that would probably be the best thing to happen to Zelda in years.

edit: Although I think everyone who said this Link looks older is nuts. He looks exactly like TP Link. And everyone who said the girl is Zelda must have been sitting very far away. :/

Darkslash

Smash Master
I like the idea of sword girl. It's not something we've seen before and if they can follow suit with the rest of the game ,instead of the copy/pasta BS, we could end up with a very cool Zelda game. If this was the "next MM" that would probably be the best thing to happen to Zelda in years.

edit: Although I think everyone who said this Link looks older is nuts. He looks exactly like TP Link. And everyone who said the girl is Zelda must have been sitting very far away. :/
Zelda gets fused with the Master Sword?

*this line had cued thousand of LinkXZelda fanfictions with the Two thousand year old joke about the sword and the sheath*

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
If you look closely, this Link is actually a little bit bigger than the Link we're used to. Not in terms of height, but his overall frame is less lanky than typical Link.

Just a thought though - it might be completely different once we move away from concept art and into the actual character build.

Technically, this Zelda game hasn't actually been announced. We know it exists, but we knew it existed last E3 - the main difference is a single piece of concept art.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Wow, I was about to point out that Link doesn't have a sword in the picture, but you guys have already formed several theories based on that.

LOL, and that's why I like this Zelda thread.

VaneWalker

Smash Apprentice
Just a thought though - it might be completely different once we move away from concept art and into the actual character build.

Technically, this Zelda game hasn't actually been announced. We know it exists, but we knew it existed last E3 - the main difference is a single piece of concept art.
I agree with this guy. Just compare TP concept art with the in game build. Link looks alot more...chubby. Maybe here thery mean the art to match the game more. They can't just use the same model.

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
I strongly believe the "she is the master sword theory."

makes too much sense

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom