• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCMR-Brawler64

Smash Apprentice
lol, I wanna play Twilight Princess, looks amazing :)
haha zelda from cd-i, I think "Wand of Gamelon" is the worst of the trilogy of zelda from cd-i
:chuckle:

Charizard92

Smash Champion
That's a very good description, Scott. I never really thought as Link or Ganon becoming a God, but now that you say that, I can definitely see it. Very interesting.

It's actually not like they're Gods -- but humans with so much power given to them by the Gods, that they are inhuman, almost demi-Gods.
Well, to be fair, I wouldn't call Link and Ganondorf in-human, more like super human anyway.

Oh, and officially, Hylians and Gerudo aren't humans, but another homonid species very close to humans (like Humans and the infamous [and actually smart] neanderthal man, who are very close in comparison, but different species none of the less [at least we wish that])

Good reads Raccoon, Scott, and Skyler.

I have a proposed project for all of us to take part in. Similar to what I've tried to do in the past, we need to all work together on the absolute best (and most unique and original) Zelda prompt for a game, coming up with a full-length story, characters, artwork, everything. We could pitch this idea to Nintendo if we bottle up all of the data in a clean, stuffed packet. I'm sure it'll get some attention somewhere down the line. All in favor?
No thanks, I'm happy just waiting for a Nintendo game on the wii, even if it means digging up the Metroid Prime subseries.

Spire

III
BRoomer
No thanks, I'm happy just waiting for a Nintendo game on the wii, even if it means digging up the Metroid Prime subseries.
I'm doing the same with the Metroid Prime series. I plan on starting it after I finish Super Metroid, which will hopefully be soon.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I do the same thing except with the Sonic series.
Now those guys listen to their fans, in fact, they do it too much so. If there were any series to send a completed fanscript to, it would be Sonic team.

As long as the script has werewolves, swords, guns and at least one new annoying Sonic friend, of course. What's a Sonic game without annoying, gimmicky gameplay elements?
besides awesome

c3gill

Smash Ace
.... starting to get pissed off, that PAL and Japan got MM on VC last week.....

I keep spamming refresh on nintendo.com, hoping that they arent finished uploading and that MM will finally be on VC, but im starting to doubt it.

:(

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
.... starting to get pissed off, that PAL and Japan got MM on VC last week.....

I keep spamming refresh on nintendo.com, hoping that they arent finished uploading and that MM will finally be on VC, but im starting to doubt it.

:(
http://wii.ign.com/articles/971/971920p1.html

I wonder if Nintendo deliberately makes virtual console arbitrary and unannounced to check for press leaks? I mean, with Sony, we find out about projects months in advanced, and with Nintendo, we can't even figure out what game will be on virtual console next week.

Sorry, no Majora's Mask.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I've been waiting for MM from the moment the VC console was born. I never got to play that game... The only major Zelda title I haven't played yet. I got through a bit on an emulator but being able to "undo" made things too easy.

Besides OoT, TP, WW, MM, PH, ALTTP and Spirit Tracks *screams* are there any other titles you guys would recommend? I've heard mixed reviews about Minish Cap and very little about all the other games.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Link's Awakening and the Oracles games are both great. If you can somehow find a copy of them (or download them) then I would highly recommend it.

smashbot226

Smash Master
If they don't put Majora's Mask on VC within the next month, I will blow up the Nintendo Store in NYC.

People will revel. And I will be looting the store's Fire Emblems and Nintendogs. For the sisters, y'know?

c3gill

Smash Ace
If they don't put Majora's Mask on VC within the next month, I will blow up the Nintendo Store in NYC.

People will revel. And I will be looting the store's Fire Emblems and Nintendogs. For the sisters, y'know?
****, i only sent an email to nintendo *****ing about them not having it up..... you def. outdid me.... or at least plan to.

Alzi

Smash Master
This is still on VC and i haven't gotten it yet.

I was going to buy some wii points that were only $25 AU for 2000 but i'm in a online tourney currently and if you win the prize is 3000 wii points and i do have a good chance of winning it so i'll just wait.

I thought America would of had Majoras Mask by now seems not. Didn't PAL regions also get super mario rpg before Americans did?

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Actually, that cannot be possible. At the end of OoT, Link is warped back to his childhood which DOES lead to MM. But MM Link cannot grow up to be TP Link, and there 2 reasons why: 1) TP Link is the Link from Ordon Village who did not know he had the Triforce of Courage, so he is completely new. Besides, he HAD the Triforce of Courage in TP and not in MM, because when Link is warped back, he's warped back before he obtained the Triforce of Courage. 2) Ganondorf was only banished to the Twilight Realm in Hyrule B (At the end of OoT he is banished to the 'Evil Realm'), so Ganondorf could not appear from an alternate dimension on the MM side of the timeline.

You see, In MM, that is like the Hero of Time's alternate quest.

At the end of OoT, Ganondorf is banished to the Evil Realm, and Zelda warps Link to his childhood. That leaves a Hyrule with no Link and Ganondorf. In TP, the Triforce of Courage is passed down by the next hero chosen by the gods, Link of Ordon, and Ganondorf returns from the Evil Realm using the magic of the tribe banished before him, which I think is the Minish since they seem to have disappeared before OoT, the look alike, they both possess magic powers, and Vaati was banished in MC.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Actually, that cannot be possible. At the end of OoT, Link is warped back to his childhood which DOES lead to MM. But MM Link cannot grow up to be TP Link, and there 2 reasons why: 1) TP Link is the Link from Ordon Village who did not know he had the Triforce of Courage, so he is completely new. Besides, he HAD the Triforce of Courage in TP and not in MM, because when Link is warped back, he's warped back before he obtained the Triforce of Courage. 2) Ganondorf was only banished to the Twilight Realm in Hyrule B (At the end of OoT he is banished to the 'Evil Realm'), so Ganondorf could not appear from an alternate dimension on the MM side of the timeline.

At the end of OoT, Ganondorf is banished to the Evil Realm, and Zelda warps Link to his childhood. That leaves a Hyrule with no Link and Ganondorf. In TP, the Triforce of Courage is passed down by the next hero chosen by the gods, Link of Ordon, and Ganondorf returns from the Evil Realm using the magic of the tribe banished before him, which I think is the Minish since they seem to have disappeared before OoT, the look alike, they both possess magic powers, and Vaati was banished in MC.
MM Link and TP Link are of course not the same Link. That's not what the timeline is saying. There is more than one Link, which has been officially confirmed, I think. This timeline was created with that knowledge. A hundred years, give or take, passes in that gap between games.

c3gill

Smash Ace
This is still on VC and i haven't gotten it yet.
on this thought- does anyone know if it is possible to gift MM from a PAL region Wii to a North American Wii? Because If so, I think i need to send someone in PAL/Japan some cash to gift me the game....

sick of waiting.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge8zd1ZR-hc

That's completely different than the cutscene in Twilight Princess that shows Ganondorf being banished to the Twilight Realm. I don't see how they could be the same event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGdBoWLGdUM

For one, the sages look completely different. I'm guessing that's because in the Child Timeline, the sages weren't fully realized so they were just more like spirits or something, but that's just speculation. They do look different, though.

Also, Nintendo said that Twilight Princess happens at the same time as Wind Waker, in parallel timelines. That not only shows it was a different Link than in MM, but also that they actually are on separate timelines. I don't have the source handy though, could someone else supply it?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ge8zd1ZR-hc

That's completely different than the cutscene in Twilight Princess that shows Ganondorf being banished to the Twilight Realm. I don't see how they could be the same event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGdBoWLGdUM

For one, the sages look completely different. I'm guessing that's because in the Child Timeline, the sages weren't fully realized so they were just more like spirits or something, but that's just speculation. They do look different, though.
I you want to get technical, the sages in TP can't even be from the same realm as the sages from Ocarina of Time. It doesn't matter which timeline you follow; the sages would still have been the six people from the OoT story because they always were the six sages, fully realized or not. Even in WW the sages were normal people in spite of one of them being a young child.

The fact that the TP sages are simply an impossibility by Hyrulian logic indicates that the event we witnessed in OoT and the one in TP could be exactly the same event, for all we know. If we assume the newest game is the most correct as it concerns the most fully realized Zelda, then we can make no assumptions about the ending of OoT, as we know it is wrong. As in, OoT, TP, and WW cannot all be correct about the sages and the sealing of Ganondorf.

But once again, this gets to my theory that the imprisonment of Ganondorf in TP simply could not have occured near OoT. Not only because of the sages not fitting, but also because there are Gerudo in the Twilight realm, assumingly before Ganondorf's entrance, as Ganondorf needs the help of a Gerudo prince (and his magic) to escape the Twilight realm. If both him and the Gerudo entered at the same time, Ganondorf would probably have been the Twilight ruler anyway, as Ganondorf had the triforce of power to become the king of twilight. Not to mention that Ganondorf was sentenced in a prison that I assume is deeply inside Gerudo territory.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Actually, it was not the Gerudos banished to the Twilight Realm. If one of the Sages was a Gerudo (Nabooru, Sage of Spirit), she would not banish her on tribe to the Twilight Realm along with the other Sages, especially since the Gerudo became good. The Twilis are actually the Minish who attempted to invade the Sacred Realm in Minish Cap, and Vaati was their leader. Notice how similar the Twilis and the Minish look.

Also, the only reason the Sages look like that, honestly, is because they probably all died and that is their remaining spirit. Futhermore, the event of Ganondorf's banishment was definitely the same in OoT and TP. In OoT, it showed Ganondorf floating in a white background cursing Link and the Sages. In TP, it examined that event in greater detail of how Ganondorf was banished. That cutscene was actually Link's imagination, like the cutscene about the invaders of the Sacred Realm after the Lakebed Temple, and Link simply imagined the Sages taking that form.

In addition, Scott!, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess could not happen in the same timeline, because they are both continuations of the split ending of OoT. In MM, Link begins his new childhood he was warped to by Zelda. In TP, the Triforce of Courage is passed to the next Link of Ordon Village, and Ganondorf returns from the "Evil Realm". Besides, on the Majora's Mask side of the timeline, if Ganondorf returns from the Twilight Realm, when is he banished to begin with? That side of the timeline excludes the banishment at the end of OoT since Link is warped 7 years before that, so there is no place Ganondorf could be banished from.

Here is my timeline theory:

HYRULE B

Minish Cap
(Hyrule is at war and Vaati and the Minish are banished)
-
Ocarina of Time
(Ganondorf invades the Sacred Realm, the Triforce splits into 3 pieces, Link is warped from Hyrule, and Ganon is banished to the Twlight Realm)
-
Twilight Princess
(The Triforce of Courage goes to Ordon Link, and Ganondorf returns from the Twlight Realm with the Minish)
-
?
(Ganondorf fakes his death and somehow Hyrule floods into the Great Sea)
-
Wind Waker
(The new Link, Outset Link, find the Triforce of Courage and defeats Ganondorf)
-
Phantom Hourglass
(Link's new journey on the Great Sea)
-
Spirit Tracks
(Link somwhow begins riding a train)
-
Oracle of Ages

HYRULE A

Minish Cap
-
Ocarina of Time
(Link awakens, obtains the Ocarina of Time, and escapes Hyrule)
-
Majora's Mask
(Link is transported to Termina, where he stops the Moon from falling)
-
Link's Awakening
(Fearing Ganon's reign over Hyrule, he sails back to Hyrule)
-
The Legend of Zelda
(Link's quest to defeat Ganon)
-
Zelda II
(Link's quest to defeat Ganon continued)
-
Link to the Past
(Minish escape from the Twilight Realm and cover Hyrule in darkness)
-
Four Swords
-
Four Swords Adventures
-
Oracle of Seasons

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Actually, it was not the Gerudos banished to the Twilight Realm. If one of the Sages was a Gerudo (Nabooru, Sage of Spirit), she would not banish her on tribe to the Twilight Realm along with the other Sages, especially since the Gerudo became good. The Twilis are actually the Minish who attempted to invade the Sacred Realm in Minish Cap, and Vaati was their leader. Notice how similar the Twilis and the Minish look.

Also, the only reason the Sages look like that, honestly, is because they probably all died and that is their remaining spirit. Futhermore, the event of Ganondorf's banishment was definitely the same in OoT and TP. In OoT, it showed Ganondorf floating in a white background cursing Link and the Sages. In TP, it examined that event in greater detail of how Ganondorf was banished. That cutscene was actually Link's imagination, like the cutscene about the invaders of the Sacred Realm after the Lakebed Temple, and Link simply imagined the Sages taking that form.

In addition, Scott!, Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess could not happen in the same timeline, because they are both continuations of the split ending of OoT. In MM, Link begins his new childhood he was warped to by Zelda. In TP, the Triforce of Courage is passed to the next Link of Ordon Village, and Ganondorf returns from the "Evil Realm". Besides, on the Majora's Mask side of the timeline, if Ganondorf returns from the Twilight Realm, when is he banished to begin with? That side of the timeline excludes the banishment at the end of OoT since Link is warped 7 years before that, so there is no place Ganondorf could be banished from.
The Gerudo technically didn't become any "good"er than they were originally in the child timeline, did they?

If you do not think the Gerudo were banished to the Twilight realm, then you'll have to tell me why Zant has a Gerudo artifact, namely, his cloak holds the Gerudo symbol. This means that a member of the royal family of the Twilight Realm has a direct connection to the Gerudo Tribe.

I do like your connection to the difference between Link's imagination and reality though, and I feel it should be included in future timeline discussion.

So two things I think should be taken into account:
1. Cutscenes featuring Link's imagining of bygone events should not be considered canon
2. In the event of discrepancies between two games, the newer game should be considered more reliable, as it features the more inclusive understanding of Hyrule history than it's predicessors. This is because the creators of the Zelda games have a more complete understanding of hyrule.

The biggest problem with TP being in the adult timeline though is that Ganondorf killed a sage in TP during his sentencing. This must be accounted for despite the timeline you put it in.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Gerudo technically didn't become any "good"er than they were originally in the child timeline, did they?

If you do not think the Gerudo were banished to the Twilight realm, then you'll have to tell me why Zant has a Gerudo artifact, namely, his cloak holds the Gerudo symbol. This means that a member of the royal family of the Twilight Realm has a direct connection to the Gerudo Tribe.

I do like your connection to the difference between Link's imagination and reality though, and I feel it should be included in future timeline discussion.

So two things I think should be taken into account:
1. Cutscenes featuring Link's imagining of bygone events should not be considered canon
2. In the event of discrepancies between two games, the newer game should be considered more reliable, as it features the more inclusive understanding of Hyrule history than it's predicessors. This is because the creators of the Zelda games have a more complete understanding of hyrule.

The biggest problem with TP being in the adult timeline though is that Ganondorf killed a sage in TP during his sentencing. This must be accounted for despite the timeline you put it in.
How can someone even argue that TP is in the adult timeline?

The seperate timelines weren't established until TP was made specifically BECAUSE of the reason TP was made

Scott!

Smash Lord
Well, the sages appeared to Link in that form at the grounds. They were in their hover-face-mask forms when they first appeared and told Link of the banishment of Ganon. It's been said, but the banishment in TP and OoT are clearly different events. In TP, they speak of bringing him in for crimes or something like that, and it seems like he hasn't been taken down by a Link. They also, in OoT, banish him straight off from the ruins of his castle. they don't take him to the grounds, many miles away.

He is banished by the different sages, who are awakened while Link is gone, probably by Zelda, to deal with the threat of Ganon that Link warned Zelda of when he returned to his childhood. It is stated that their relationship with Ganon changed when he returned, so Link must have told her what would happen. He is taken care of by Zelda and the sages without Link, who's off gallivanting in Termina.

Here is my timeline theory:

HYRULE B

Minish Cap
-
Ocarina of Time
(Ganondorf invades the Sacred Realm, the Triforce splits into 3 pieces, Link is warped from Hyrule, and Ganon is banished to the Twlight Realm)
-
Twilight Princess
(The Triforce of Courage goes to Ordon Link, and Ganondorf returns from the Twlight Realm with the Minish)
-
?
(Ganondorf fakes his death and somehow Hyrule floods into the Great Sea)
-
Wind Waker
(The new Link, Outset Link, find the Triforce of Courage and defeats Ganondorf)
-
Phantom Hourglass
(Link's new journey on the Great Sea)
-
Spirit Tracks
(Link somwhow begins riding a train)
-
Oracle of Ages

HYRULE A

Minish Cap
-
Ocarina of Time
(Link awakens, obtains the Ocarina of Time, and escapes Hyrule)
-
Majora's Mask
(Link is transported to Termina, where he stops the Moon from falling)
-
Link's Awakening
(Fearing Ganon's reign over Hyrule, he sails back to Hyrule)
-
The Legend of Zelda
(Link's quest to defeat Ganon)
-
Zelda II
(Link's quest to defeat Ganon continued)
-
Link to the Past
(Minish escape from the Twilight Realm and cover Hyrule in darkness)
-
Four Swords
-
Four Swords Adventures
-
Oracle of Seasons
Hm. I see a fair number of problems with this timeline. First off, it has been said by the creators that WW and TP occur in parallel in different timelines. This is a fact, and for now must be taken as an absolute. Zelda II must also be in the adult timelime, since its towns are named for the sages sans Impa. In the other timeline, the sages were different, and these people were insignificant (as much as the Goron ruler, Gerudo 2nd in charge, Zora princess, etc can be insignificant anyway).

I'm still a bit thrown by this idea of the Minish being the Twili though. I guess Twilight has a strong property for making things get huge? And the Minish were not a threat to Hyrule. They were the ones called upon to help Link save the day by the king. They were peaceful and helpful to the humans. I just don't see how they could end up as the ones banished, especially when there's a far superior candidate in the Gerudo. They planned treasonous acts against the royalty, in helping Ganon in his quest to rule. They also mysteriously disappeared after OoT/MM. Why else are there no more Gerudo in the Gerudo Desert in TP?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
*sakurai and mr. miyamoto reads thread content*

Sakurai&Miyamoto: (laughs)

Spire

III
BRoomer
*sakurai and mr. miyamoto reads thread content*

Sakurai&Miyamoto: (laughs)
More like Aonuma and Miyamoto. Sakurai knows nothing about Zelda.

Hey Phantom7, I love how you took that timeline from Gamefaqs (or IGN, it's one of the two), and I love how you come along and instantly try to shoot down our countless pages of discussion-based timeline with a nonsensible and thoroughly inaccurate one that you did not form yourself. Welcome to the Zelda thread!

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

Hey Phantom7, I love how you took that timeline from Gamefaqs (or IGN, it's one of the two), and I love how you come along and instantly try to shoot down our countless pages of discussion-based timeline with a nonsensible and thoroughly inaccurate one that you did not form yourself. Welcome to the Zelda thread!
Come to think of it, for all our pages of discussion-based timelining, we didn't actually come up with anything that wasn't either revealed in an interview or somewhat obvious. Except for how we ordered some of the more obscure titles, everything in our timeline could probably be pulled off of just about any Zelda fan site.

Of course, the reason that this is true is probably because our timeline is very close to accurate, and thus, is similar to all the other close-to-accurate timelines.

Anyway, what exactly happened between OoT and Twilight Princess? At a glance it would seem that Ganondorf was imprisoned shortly after Link warped back in time and warned everyone, but those events don't coincide at all with the events of OoT. Namely, the sages were not self aware, and to my knowledge there wasn't anything similar to the Twilight mirror in Gerudo fortress (I've never seen the building outside of TP and WW, but I know there was no Twilight Mirror in WW).

TerrorBirdX0

Smash Cadet
the whole time line is based in between OT and TP. it's logical because it does take a while for a valley to turn into a desert. even though i'm a big fan, i don't know much about zelda. i might get the windwaker, and if i dig around in my wallet a bit, i migh be able to get OT: master Q with it.

Scott!

Smash Lord

Really? That's the Gamefaqs or IGN one? I liked it better when it was just his brainchild. I mean, I'd expect better, or at least for them to follow the interviews. But whatever. If you read this, Phantom7, don't worry. We won't judge you, as long as you see that our timeline is much more likely to be right than the one you copy-pasted.

Also, @TerrorbirdX0: First, there was already a desert in OoT just west of the valley... And definitely get WW. It's spectacular.

Alzi

Smash Master
You know those ******'s in Phantom hourglass? Are they related to the Zoras or are they just completly diffrent people?

TerrorBirdX0, Wind Waker is the best Zelda game you will ever play. :)

c3gill

Smash Ace
You know those ******'s in Phantom hourglass? Are they related to the Zoras or are they just completly diffrent people?

ummm. ummm. the Anouki are.... weird? well we know they have a precious metal or w/e, and they fight a lot with those Yooks.

I think thats about all we know.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Hyrule Castle was underneath the Great Sea, which means it was flooded. Jugding by the map of Hyrule in OoT, which WW came after, I would say the islands are probably the tops of nearby mountains.

Anyway, I wanted to ask...

When Zelda turns back time in OoT to set Link free -- child link, that is -- she herself creates a new reality, wherein Adult Link does not exist. So, if she has the power to essentially alter reality instead of just simply turning back time (which on it's own would just cause everything to simple happen all over again) what did she do about Ganondorf?

I would imagine she would keep him banished to wherever he got banished to, but iirc there was a cut scene with child Zelda looking through the window and seeing Ganondorf again.

Basically, what the hell happened to Ganondorf in the adult timeline right after she sent link back?

One last thing, I'm pretty sure TP's Twilight Mirror and ALTTP's Twilightish Mirror are related... though this might mess with the timelines.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings

Actually, my theory is definitely inspired by that timeline, but I have some theories that I did not hear from IGN. I also strongly disagree with the timeline in this thread, which is why I began posting here. And honestly, I find professional gamers like IGN or GT to be more reliable anyway.

Well, the sages appeared to Link in that form at the grounds. They were in their hover-face-mask forms when they first appeared and told Link of the banishment of Ganon. It's been said, but the banishment in TP and OoT are clearly different events. In TP, they speak of bringing him in for crimes or something like that, and it seems like he hasn't been taken down by a Link. They also, in OoT, banish him straight off from the ruins of his castle. they don't take him to the grounds, many miles away.

He is banished by the different sages, who are awakened while Link is gone, probably by Zelda, to deal with the threat of Ganon that Link warned Zelda of when he returned to his childhood. It is stated that their relationship with Ganon changed when he returned, so Link must have told her what would happen. He is taken care of by Zelda and the sages without Link, who's off gallivanting in Termina.

Hm. I see a fair number of problems with this timeline. First off, it has been said by the creators that WW and TP occur in parallel in different timelines. This is a fact, and for now must be taken as an absolute. Zelda II must also be in the adult timelime, since its towns are named for the sages sans Impa. In the other timeline, the sages were different, and these people were insignificant (as much as the Goron ruler, Gerudo 2nd in charge, Zora princess, etc can be insignificant anyway).

I'm still a bit thrown by this idea of the Minish being the Twili though. I guess Twilight has a strong property for making things get huge? And the Minish were not a threat to Hyrule. They were the ones called upon to help Link save the day by the king. They were peaceful and helpful to the humans. I just don't see how they could end up as the ones banished, especially when there's a far superior candidate in the Gerudo. They planned treasonous acts against the royalty, in helping Ganon in his quest to rule. They also mysteriously disappeared after OoT/MM. Why else are there no more Gerudo in the Gerudo Desert in TP?
Yes, I know they wear their hover-face masks in TP, that is because TP is a long time after OoT, and the Sages have left their mortal bodies and now take their immortal form.

Like I said, the cutscene showed Ganondorf floating away in a white background. There is no evidence whatsoever that Ganondorf was banished right there at the remains of the tower. And evidently there was enough time between his defeat and his banishment for him to transform back to a human, which definitely leaves time for them to transport him to the desert, especially considering the Sages can WARP.

Like I said earlier, the Sages' bodies were mortal, and that is their remaining spirit. What you don't seem to understand is that there is one set of Sages - but they take on different forms through time. In OoT, there is a statue in Sacred Forest Meadow that tells you Kaepora Gaebora (the owl) is an incarnation of an Ancient Sage. If that's true, then Sages can take on multipe forms and still be basically the same incarnate being.

The Gerudo accepted Link as one of them at the end of OoT, and one of them became a Sage. At that point, the Gerudos followed her instead of Ganondorf, which converted them from evil to good before the chance to banish them. Also, Vaati was a Minish, and my theory is that just the Minish who followed Vaati were banished. To explain the missing Gerudos, Ganondorf probably destroyed them and left his minions, the Bulblins, in their place. Same for the Sheikahs - both tribes were completely against him, so he exterminated them.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Hyrule Castle was underneath the Great Sea, which means it was flooded. Jugding by the map of Hyrule in OoT, which WW came after, I would say the islands are probably the tops of nearby mountains.

Anyway, I wanted to ask...

When Zelda turns back time in OoT to set Link free -- child link, that is -- she herself creates a new reality, wherein Adult Link does not exist. So, if she has the power to essentially alter reality instead of just simply turning back time (which on it's own would just cause everything to simple happen all over again) what did she do about Ganondorf?

I would imagine she would keep him banished to wherever he got banished to, but iirc there was a cut scene with child Zelda looking through the window and seeing Ganondorf again.

Basically, what the hell happened to Ganondorf in the adult timeline right after she sent link back?

One last thing, I'm pretty sure TP's Twilight Mirror and ALTTP's Twilightish Mirror are related... though this might mess with the timelines.
O.K., so how do we want to fit Link's pocket twilight mirror into the timeline?

If we fudge with the wording here or there, we could say the twilight mirror is actually a mirror into a corrupted sacred realm. Considering the nature of what twilight is, a twilight realm and the sacred realm could easily be the same thing, as the twilight realm has certain unusual and sacred qualities, namely, it is a realm where the spirits of the deceased supposedly live on, and it is serenely beautiful.

c3gill

Smash Ace
O.K., so how do we want to fit Link's pocket twilight mirror into the timeline?

If we fudge with the wording here or there, we could say the twilight mirror is actually a mirror into a corrupted sacred realm. Considering the nature of what twilight is, a twilight realm and the sacred realm could easily be the same thing, as the twilight realm has certain unusual and sacred qualities, namely, it is a realm where the spirits of the deceased supposedly live on, and it is serenely beautiful.

No, because we are told that the only way (for Link)to get into the twilight is by using the twilight mirror. Everyone remembers that the Sacred Realm is opened by releasing the Master Sword from its pedestal- the OoT cutscene, with Ganondorf laughing..... How weird would it be if Minda could randomly open portals to the sacred realm?

Although the similarities are obvious, they are 2 completely different realms.

And where in-game does anything say that the twilight realm is "where the spirits of the deceased supposedly live on?" I dont recall anything like this.... ever....

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
No, because we are told that the only way (for Link)to get into the twilight is by using the twilight mirror. Everyone remembers that the Sacred Realm is opened by releasing the Master Sword from its pedestal- the OoT cutscene, with Ganondorf laughing..... How weird would it be if Minda could randomly open portals to the sacred realm?

Although the similarities are obvious, they are 2 completely different realms.

And where in-game does anything say that the twilight realm is "where the spirits of the deceased supposedly live on?" I dont recall anything like this.... ever....
Midna does possess the ability to randomly open portals between the realm of light and the twilight realm. Whenever a part of Hyrule is covered in Twilight, she can warp into and out of it. Although I find it odd that releasing the master sword from it's pedistal did not open the sacred realm (at least initially).

I may have misinterpretted the very first scene of Twilight Princess, which would be logical only in the context of new information that Twilight Princess presents us with later, but...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0xhJGOy8IU&feature=related

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom