• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Evil Iggy

Smash Cadet
Funny thing about that, I don't even have the master sword. A few crooked cartridge glitches, and I'm stuck on the Shadow Temple with no sword. I was thinking that bongo and ganon may die from deku sticks, but I can't get the YL bomb jump across the gaps. Anyone know how to get adult Link a deku stick? It's looking like I'm doomed to be stuck on the shadow temple forever, here

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Every time Link kills ganon and he has the triforce of power, it goes back to the sacred realm.

If that's what you're asking about.
I mean, what would he do? what powers would he have?
It's just a hypothetical question though.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Oh, i have no idea. Id guess he'd get demigod-esque abilities like ganon.

And, of course, hed be strong.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
So I never really played any Zelda games growing up. Sure, the original way back on the old school huge *** grey gameboy, but I never finished it.

And at this point, having never played OoT or Majora's Mask, allegedly the best N64 games of all time, I feel a little ashamed to call myself a retro game buff.

So did I miss out on one of the hugest childhood experiences? Should I try and wrestle my ****ty Mupen64+ emulator out of retirement and struggle through it?

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
So I never really played any Zelda games growing up. Sure, the original way back on the old school huge *** grey gameboy, but I never finished it.

And at this point, having never played OoT or Majora's Mask, allegedly the best N64 games of all time, I feel a little ashamed to call myself a retro game buff.

So did I miss out on one of the hugest childhood experiences? Should I try and wrestle my ****ty Mupen64+ emulator out of retirement and struggle through it?
1. A Link to The Past.
2. Ocarina Of Time.
3. Majora's Mask.
Play those in that order and you'll be ok... xD

Evil Iggy

Smash Cadet

I'll be honest, OoT and Majora's Mask are my favorite 3D Zeldas by far, and OoT definitely ranks in the top 5 for dungeon crawlers. It's definitely worth a run through, and the game's small enough that it won't take you more than a couple of weeks.

As for the emulator thing, you might want to invest in a USB paddle. It makes playing emulators on the computer quite a bit more enjoyable...

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
It's a lot more convenient if you have wii emulators or channel wads. Then you can use a GC controller.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
No doubt about that.
But they may be some tricky parts in OoT and MM with a digital pad, but they're still doable though.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
But the game is still beatable despite every tricky/aparently imposible thing we could find.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I personally don't like the rule, just keep it on the dl. Emulator talk is touchy, ROM talk is totally prohibited.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Just for the sake of making sure that we're in the clear with this, just leave out emulator and ROM talk altogether. Its just too touchy of a subject. Of course you guys can feel free to swap contact info, and we can't tell you what to do off of this website :D

Also, as a favor to me, can you guys join this facebook group?

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/pages/Franklin-HS-for-TASC-President-2011-2012/167281889981704

My school is running for state president for student council (with me as the student rep), so I'd really appreciate it if you guys just went ahead and joined that facebook group :)

Kanelol

Smash Lord
We can't talk about
roms?

Well, that bones my idea for making a SMW thread :<

Thanks for the advice guys, I'mma play this **** eventually. I think I actually have an n64 somewhere, might just dig it out so I don't have to deal with USB paddles and wii emus and channel wads

Spire

III
BRoomer
A Super Mario World thread? They already have one in the Mario Universe forum.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Or like what we have in the Smash 64 Discusion we can talk about whatever rom/emulators/hacks...
but never give links to download something, unless it's something you made by your own.
But speaking and giving hypothetical opinions are totally allowed.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Overall I think I would be best to avoid emulator/rom discussion completely. I did post a thread about an OoT texture pack a while back, but I couldn't discuss how to use them since possession of a working emulator and rom are required to run the pack, and such discussion is not permitted. (So I simply put all of the installation instructions in the readme.)

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Well, right, rules are rules, we have to fit to them.
It has been working till now, so, let's just keep it as it is.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
yes, I know, but just by imagin how many things could be done is intersting imo.
it could be something ridiculous like "I'm going to voice act all of tingles lines in the series!"
I don't think he'd be that ****
he seems a smart guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom