• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Sure thing =]

Signups:
1.) Blaziking17
2.) GwJumpman
3.) SkylerOcon
4.) BSL
5.) Adagio
6.) Gova
7.) Phantom7
8.) Swiss (experienced player)
9.) Sworddancer. (experienced player)

Replacements:
1.)
2.)
3.)

Its now full but if anyone wants to join as a replacement, post or PM, if not the game will start tonight or tomorrow

Game info

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Well he was only what.. 9? Plus he spent a lot of his time indoors. Regardless, Phantom Menace should never have been made. Everything about it was a mistake.
I found a flaw.

Duel-Blade Lightsaber. Darth Maul. Samuel L. Jackson. And, as far as lasting impact....We found Natalie Portman.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Portman was around before Ep 1.

And really, I don't hate Ep 1 TOO much. It's not something I'd probably ever watch again but it was at least tolerable.

Attack of the Clones though, is the bottom of the barrel. No, it's not even bottom of the barrel. It's UNDER the barrel.

Revenge of the Sith is probably my favorite of the prequels, but it's not that much better than the others.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
As a kid, I loved the prequels. Now that I've matured and recently rewtched them, however, I realize just how terrible they were. :(

Maul and his double bladed lightsaber were actually pretty cool in the Expanded Universe, especially the story of how he made his weapon.

Maul (his contributions to the EU, not his role in the movie) and "Duel of Fates" are the two best things from Ep 1 (not counting the excellent podracing game).

Spire

III
BRoomer
As a kid, I hated Jar Jar Binks. As I aged, I hated Jake Lloyd.

Podracing, Maul, and "Duel of Fates" are pretty **** awesome though. Everything else from that movie made no sense. They drove a craft through the core of Naboo, which was apparently just a chain of underwater trenches and caverns... Or how about when Anakin's friends scurry off from his podracer and they use that typical children laughter sound effect. I was 9 years old and recognized how cheap that was.

Attack of the Clones really is unbearable though. Two or three times attempting to watch it, I stopped during the Zam chase on Coruscant. WHY DID THEY INCLUDE AN ELECTRIC GUITAR IN THE SCORE :urg: Even the Yoda fight does nothing for me. Nothing in the movie can hide the green screen overuse. They could have at least been decent in their filmmaking and shot on-locale for at least a third of the movie. Hell, that's another thing that puts Ep. 1 above this debauchery.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Freaking Ben Quadrinaros. I love how they named him after his podracer having four engines. Beyond that, I hate that character because he's proof that the alien designs of the prequels typically suck compared to masterpieces like:

Actually I just hate Ben Quadrinaros. The prequels ushered in some decent designs. I mean, look at what Ep. 4 gave us:

lol

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Lol, the ***** in the top left is staring REAL hard.

Also, Episode 2, when Anakin starts raging and talking to Padme about how he killed off the raiders. I cry of laughter everytime I see it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
"I killed them. I slaughtered them like animals. Not just the men, but the women. And the children too!"

I used to think that was the worst line, but just watch 5 minutes into the movie and you'll hear worse:

"Ani? Why how you've grown."
"So have you. More beautiful I mean. For a senator I mean."

:laugh: it's SO BAD

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
*Sigh*... For three movies with such great plot development, they had to be ruined with crappy acting and especially horrid directing. The Phantom Menace had a few cheap lines and sound effects thrown in, and Jar Jar Binks had several unnecessary lines, but other than that, it was pretty good. Attack of the Clones was simply ruined by terrible directing, which really distracts from (and sometimes kills) the story line. Revenge of the Sith was definitely an improvement, but every time I watch it I want to puch Hayden Christiansen in the face.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
:link:
Eh, I enjoyed Ep.1 and the originals.
Ep.2 though, it's a piece of crap...like, bad. Ep.3, I like the ending fight scene of Yoda and the Emperor, with the Duel of Fates score, but other than that... :/

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I just don't really like Star Wars. The story really isn't all that great imo. But then again, I think football and baseball are stupid too, so maybe I'm just un-American.

:034:

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
I just don't really like Star Wars. The story really isn't all that great imo. But then again, I think football and baseball are stupid too, so maybe I'm just un-American.

:034:
Agreed. I've seen the original movies once (maybe Empire two times). I'm just not enamored with them like it seems everyone else is. They're...okay.

I don't mind the plain story -it's just a variation on Kurosawa's Hidden Fortress, which itself is just a variation of the Hero's story. It's just...Well, I dunno! I just don't like Star Wars that much.

"I killed them. I slaughtered them like animals. Not just the men, but the women. And the children too!"

I used to think that was the worst line, but just watch 5 minutes into the movie and you'll hear worse:

"Ani? Why how you've grown."
"So have you. More beautiful I mean. For a senator I mean."

:laugh: it's SO BAD
“I don’t like sand. It’s coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere. Not like here. Here everything is soft and smooth.”

StealthyGunnar

Smash Champion
sadly i havent finished OoT yet, but im almost done w/ FSA and I just got MC today at Gamestop. Better yet, it doesnt have the annoying bar on the bottom of the cartridge. nice

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Ah, that's one of my favorite parts of the game. I absolutely love the Spirit Temple. I never beat TMC, though, I only got to the Deepwood Shrine, which isn't far in the game at all.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
The whole spirit medallion part of the game was amazing.
Gerudo Valley... <3

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
In terms of nostalgia, the first three dungeons were my favorite part of the game. I didn't own the game for a long time, so I would rent it over and over again. My data would be deleted or I would get a different cart the next time, so I usually replayed the first three over and over again.

From time to time, I would get very lucky and rent a cart with one of my saves. Tears of joy were wept every time this happened.

Of course, I did eventually get the game, but I got pissed off at the water temple and quit (I was 10ish, maybe). Last year I finally beat it, and I loved the post-water temple portion of the game.

Anyway, I should be able to post the rest of the HCW ruleset tomorrow or the next day.

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
One thing you haven't mentioned is the Gold Skulltula cheat

(this works in all versions as far as I know, I may be wrong though)

Go to the outside of Hyrule Castle, around the side by where you wake Malon up and enter the castle, there's a tree. Play the Song of Storms and a hole will appear. There are three cracked walls to bomb, and one of them has a gold Skulltulla. Kill it like normal and ready the boomerang, making sure you're in front of the exit warp tile. Shoot off the boomerang, and as it grabs the Token, do a backflip onto the exit tile. You will start to recieve the normal message of collecting a Gold Skulltulla, though sometimes it won't even load, instead just showing an empty text box. Check your inventory, and you should have plus one Token.

Then repeat this, and the Gold SKultula should be back again. You can do this forever. Though MAKE SURE TO SAVE BEFORE YOU DO IT. If you do it wrong and warp out too late the Token will register as normal and the Skultula won't reappear.

This way you don't actually have to search out the Skultula all over Hyrule. Not as fun this way though, huh?
Wow, I can't believe I forgot that! I have like 89 Gold Skulltulas now on the new file I'm working on, but I'm only on the water temple.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
The Spirit Temple makes me want to not pet kittens.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
I don't like touching my screen with my fingers, though. :(

Ic0slay3r

Smash Apprentice
But picking up the stylus would take more time and it would be like pausing. The point of using the bottom screen as the menu is to make switching items easier and faster.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I though of something really cool that can be in a future zelda game.

What if there outside of the main story mode there was a dungeon builder. You would build a dungeon, set treasures in the dungeon, what items you started off with. You using a game system that does not exist yet, would post this dungeon online for others to enjoy. Also have the options of downloading the dungeons that other people have made to enjoy!

As for dungeon boss they should give us the option of putting any zelda boss from any zelda game to date as the boss.

Also a funny feature that would be fun to toy around with is to make it so you can create a 3d dungeon or a 2d dungeon. So there is a wide array of possibilities.

Edit: I bet Spire would make really kick *** dungeons.

PD4FR

Smash Ace
I though of something really cool that can be in a future zelda game.

What if there outside of the main story mode there was a dungeon builder. You would build a dungeon, set treasures in the dungeon, what items you started off with. You using a game system that does not exist yet, would post this dungeon online for others to enjoy. Also have the options of downloading the dungeons that other people have made to enjoy!

As for dungeon boss they should give us the option of putting any zelda boss from any zelda game to date as the boss.

Also a funny feature that would be fun to toy around with is to make it so you can create a 3d dungeon or a 2d dungeon. So there is a wide array of possibilities.

Edit: I bet Spire would make really kick *** dungeons.
That is the best Zelda idea I've ever heard. I would buy the game in a heartbeat. :050:

Thino

Smash Master
I can imagine my twisted mind building a dungeon in a Zelda game , prolly nobody would be able to complete it without map AND compass

..but to find both of those...

omg the puzzles and keyfests , non-obvious switches like master quest

my mind is flowing with ideas right now

Spire

III
BRoomer
I'm talking OoT and MM. The surface has only been scratched, but yes it's possible. The process is so difficult though that nothing substantial has come of it (as far as I'm aware of).

Thino

Smash Master
tools or editors to make it as "easy" as 2D Zeldas rom hacking for 3D Zeldas too would be awesome

I enjoyed Parallel Worlds

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom