• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Actually, I'm considering getting rid of the Hyrulian faction. It just seems a bit too central when everyone else is going to be kinda spread out.

Of course, everyone can just team up and kill them, but still.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Actually, I'm considering getting rid of the Hyrulian faction. It just seems a bit too central when everyone else is going to be kinda spread out.

Of course, everyone can just team up and kill them, but still.
I honestly didn't think we had that great of an advantage. In fact, I saw us as being at a disadvantage. I saw each group as having pretty equal strengths and weaknesses. The Gorons had a great positional advantage, but were held back by not wanting to trade or use too many spices. The Hyruto had kind of average goals (not to hindering, but the goals still kept out a lot of trading), and sucky positioning (no defensive area, easily surrounded, and average to worst access to mines and trade routes). The Gerudo had a good defensive position and were unlimited by their goals, but they had little access to the mines (other than Arbiter's Grounds).

So in my mind, it was all fairly balanced.

:034:

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Ah, but in this game, there are no "goals" to hinder each faction.

I guess we'll just wait and see; this is going to be only the first game of (hopefully) many. I can easily change the rules/factions after each game

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Ah, but in this game, there are no "goals" to hinder each faction.

I guess we'll just wait and see; this is going to be only the first game of (hopefully) many. I can easily change the rules/factions after each game
Ah, I see. That sounds like a completely different style of game (in a good way; this sounds more like a strategy game similar to Risk or such).

:034:

X1-12

Smash Champion
yeah not playing the new HCW

I might have something else to bring to the zelda forums though

btw LT and Skyler are really cool

Spire

III
BRoomer
With that being said, hopefully Ganon won't be in this game. I want OoT to forever be the very first appearance of Ganon. If SS has him, then it'll be tainted with that OoT stigma more so than it already does (being a confirmed chronological predecessor).

As little as I care about the timeline nowadays, I do like this simple chain:

--------------TP
SS → OoT {
--------------WW

And no other. Not even including MM, PH, or ST. Those four games are monumental and archetypal. They are the 3D-rendered story of Ganon and the Master Sword. The aforementioned omitted three games have nothing to do with either Ganon or the Master Sword, and the only other game I'd see fitting is ALttP, but its credibility as canon has become so fizzled that I excluded it also. Just looking at those four is awesome.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
I think instead of including Ganondorf, SS will feature the Gerudo king born 100 years prior to the birth of Ganondorf, who will be similar as far as evil ambitions to steal the Triforce but will present different character traits.

Although, I actually wouldn't mind seeing Ganondorf/Ganon in this art style. The artstyle is perfectly suitable for the Zelda series as a whole, and almost any Zelda villain will follow suit. Besides, Ganondorf did make a WW appearance, and IMO that was one of his best designs to date.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Legend Of Zelda Mafia

Hello Zelda boards, I'm here to tell you that I will be running a Zelda themed Mafia game, and I invite you all to join. I can see your first question already: What is Mafia?

Mafia is a game of deception. The core of the game is revolved around Mafia and Town. Town generally has a larger majority of players, and many more 'power roles' as we call them, to aid them in their victory of exterminating all of the Mafia. Along with these powers and large numbers, they can choose to kill someone they think is mafia once every Day Phase. The only problem is, they don't know who's town or not. Mafia on the other hand, knows their accomplices, and are able to kill one townie every Night Phase. Their drawback is simple, they are clearly outnumbered by town. Ah! I forgot to mention! The game works in Day and Night phases, just like real life. During the Day time, the town as a whole (this includes mafia) discuss amongst themselves who should be killed (or whether they should kill at all). During the night while everyone sleeps, the mafia discuss amongst themselves who shall suffer a taste of hot lead.

[collapse=Power Roles? What's that?]The regular townie and regular mafia (these are also known as vanilla townies, or vanilla mafia). can do nothing but vote towards a kill during their respective phases. However there are other roles that are allowed to do much more. For example, cop is a town aligned, therefore they are teamed with townies. Just like vanilla townies, they vote towards who they feel is scum. During the night time, cop can investigate one person, and find out their alignment. Doctors work the same way, as they can also choose someone during the night time, however their role makes it so that if that chosen person gets killed by mafia, they will be revived before sunrise! These power roles are extremely important to town winning in most situations. Generally speaking, these roles should be kept under wraps until direly needed.

Of course, it wouldn't be fair if mafia didn't have their own roles. Mafia has 'roleblocker', a person who stops a townie power role in their tracks. This can prevent doctors from saving, and cops from investigating.[/collapse]

Resources
Newbie Guide
Rules
Roles

[collapse=Special Notes: Please Read]
You should treat this game as a commitment, you will generally be expected to post atleast once every 72 hours, If you will not be able to do this then please do not join the game
You must have Private Messages turned on in order to play this game, as you will need to communicate with the Game Moderator (me)
Have fun! Full rules will be up during the games confirmation stage
[/collapse]

If you would like to play this game, post here or PM me, One of you may even get a shiny dice postbit for it! This particular game is for 9 players, and I am looking for 7 people from the Zelda community to sign-up, who will be joined by 2 experienced players to help you on your way.

Note to Mods: Is it possible to change the name of this thread to "Milk Bar & Zelda Mafia Sign-ups Thread"?

Signups
1.) Blaziking17
2.) GwJumpman
3.) SkylerOcon
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)Reserved
9.)Reserved

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Ugh, I'm sorry about not adding the rest of the rules, guys. A lot of stuff came up, and I've generally felt terrible this entire week.

I might do it later, but it'll probably have to wait until tomorrow. I'm really tired after a nice panic attack and a lack of sleeping meds kept me up the entire night.

I'm running on 3ish hours of sleep. Maybe. x_x

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
WTF?

I thought X said he had no time for the HCW and now he is making a new game?

And Werekill doesn't have time to post the rules? Why is everything becoming game based in here? This is the Zelda boards people. Not the let's make some games that have something to do with Zelda until Skyward Sword comes out.

And, Ganondorf should be in Skyward Sword. As a child anyways.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Why can't anything game-based be in here? This is the social thread, right? So it's a good place to let the members of the board know what's going on and etc.

X1-12

Smash Champion
WTF?

I thought X said he had no time for the HCW and now he is making a new game?

And Werekill doesn't have time to post the rules? Why is everything becoming game based in here? This is the Zelda boards people. Not the let's make some games that have something to do with Zelda until Skyward Sword comes out.

I've been planning this since HCW ended and before I knew Werekill would re-run it, so I have devoted my time to this over that. I may jump in the HCW at the last minute depending on how things go and how long it takes to start up (the longer the better). I am not trying to take over the Zelda boards with games but in order to run this I've been asked by mods to use the social thread to gain interest rather than creating a new thread. When the game starts it'll be whisked away to DGames forum so it won't overrun this forum

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I'm not saying there is anything wrong with games. But this is turning into nothing but Zelda ish games that really have almost nothing to do with Zelda.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
There's really nothing else substantial to talk about until SS comes out. I say that and am not even participating in either game. Besides, this is just the Mafia signup thread for a brief while then the game will be in the Dgames room.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Why does everyone think that Skyward Sword is only like 30-50 years before OoT? To me, it looks like it's based centuries before.

Also young Ganondorf is a huge no-no. Remember this?

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Why does everyone think that Skyward Sword is only like 30-50 years before OoT? To me, it looks like it's based centuries before.

Also young Ganondorf is a huge no-no. Remember this?

Yeah. I just never mentioned it because it seemed like common sense. XD

Oh, and Anakin =\= Ganon. Ganon is actually tan (or black? Idk) after living in the desert, and Anakin is pale white despite living on a desert planet for all of his life.

I don't see why I didn't notice it before.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Skin color is not the point at all. It's about roles and how depicting Darth Vader as a kid was a travesty. Likewise would Ganondorf fall victim to such ridicule.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Skin color is not the point at all. It's about roles and how depicting Darth Vader as a kid was a travesty. Likewise would Ganondorf fall victim to such ridicule.
... I know. I was just making a joke about the fact that Anakin is really pale for someone who has lived in the desert for his entire life. :laugh:

Spire

III
BRoomer
Well he was only what.. 9? Plus he spent a lot of his time indoors. Regardless, Phantom Menace should never have been made. Everything about it was a mistake.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Signups
1.) Blaziking17
2.) GwJumpman
3.) SkylerOcon
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)Reserved
9.)Reserved
Okay sign-ups will become available to the general public tonight or tomorrow, get in now if you want to play. We can get a couple more zelda players, maybe a Hyruto reunion? looking at you KC and Ganonsburg

X1-12

Smash Champion
Sign-ups have opened to non Zelda people and there's been an influx of people. Get in while you can! Even if the list fills, you can sign-up as a replacement as some will surely drop out

Signups
1.) Blaziking17
2.) GwJumpman
3.) SkylerOcon
4.) BSL
5.) Adagio
6.) Gova
7.)
8.)Swiss
9.)Reserved for IC #2

sorry for double post

Status