• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
If LASHING_LEAF has no territories, how is anyone meant to take him out?
Lashing has one territory, which is Southern Hyrule. It's kind of funny. To add to the humor, he was banned again. So he can't do anything.

And KC, X1 isn't our leader. At most you could say he has a leadership position, but he's not our leader. This isn't really the place to talk about it, but if you need an explanation as to what he does we can talk about it in the social group or via pm.

:034:

Pokemon Trainer1

Smash Apprentice
Just thought I'd post this here, because Luigitoilet wouldn't let me post it anywhere else.

While I was playing Ocarina of Time Yesterday, I learned that there are at leats nine extremely cool tricks in the game. Multiple ones can be used by the same method though. Also, feel free to post your own ideas. I will test them, and if they work, I will put them in here.
First though, I will make a sort of guide for the differences between N64 and Gamecube, because I use N64:

Here they are:

#1. Backflips and Sidesteps are your friends. Use a backflip at Death Mountain near the Goron Village. There is a Bomb Flower that you must throw to get into Dodongo's Cavern. Throw it away, get as sharp an angle at the left corner of the fence and backflip over it. Now, you can just grab the Heart Piece sitting right there now as opposed to when you get the Longshot.

#2. In Kakariko, there is a time when to get the second bottle, you must get all the Cuccos into a pen for a lady who owns them, but is allergic to them (um...yeah. Allergic to her own pets). There are two that are extremely annoying to get to. Using a trick, you can get a Heart Piece extraordinarily early, and get the other two cuccos much faster. Climb to the top of the lookout tower and go as far forward as you possibly can. Z-Target, then move all the way to the left. Do a sidestep to the left. You should land on a fence. Walk forward slowly(if you must, use the great spin movement technique), and talk to the guy on the roof. He'll give you a Heart Piece, and the you can just jump down, and the Cuccos are righgt there!

#3. This one is probably the most well known. If you have found the Hylian Shield (Graveyard at night), then it is actually better for shielding than the Deku Shield. When I first got the Hylian Shield, I figured it wouldn't help me because I couldn't lift it. when I pressed R to Shield, I was shocked because all I did was duck. Then an Armos imploded on me, and I was completely unhurt. Hylian Shield is great.

#4. Remember this one well. If you ever want to return to Kokiri Forest to get something you missed, use the Deku Shield. those Deku scrubs, Mad Scrubs, and Business Scrubs Deku Nuts will not reflect when you use the Hylian Shield.

#5. When you want to get somewhere before you have songs like the Bolero of Fire or the Nocturne of Shadow, you should use the Lost Woods. There is an entrance to it from Goron City, Zora's River, and Kokiri Forest. Easily identifiable by the Lost Woods music that starts blaring when you get near. Kokiri Forests entrance is at the North of the Village. Goron Cities entrance is at the level before the bottom. There are four Bomb Flowers by these rocks that you can ignite once you have the Goron Bracelet. Zora's River...well, I'm not going to tell you everything!

#6. Get those upgrades for Deku Weaponry! The bigger bullet bag, Deku Stick, and Deku Nut upgrades are very important. As you'll be using the Deku Nuts a lot in Jabu Jabu's Belly (lol), that upgrade is almost neccessary unless you are a very good sword fighter.

#7. Measure Bosses Health. Although you can't do this wothout actually killing them, it is fun, and I actually will tell you that King Dodongo has six hearts.

#8. Remember how much damage you do. a normal sword strike does 1 damage. a Jump Attack does 2 damage. A Deku Stick attack does 2 damage. A Deku Stick Jump Attack does 3 damage. I'm not going to go to the Master Sword and Giant's Knife/Biggoron's Sword.

#9. Those bosses are easy! When you fight Queen Gohma, just repeatedly press the C Button (or C-Stick Direction) that your Deku Sticks are set to. Don't try Jump Attacks on her, it only slows it down. For King Dodongo, since he only can be hit once before he gets up again, make the hit count. The second that his head goes up when you chuck the bomb in his mouth, get out a Deku Stick. Z-Target and do a Jump Attack. Do this twice, and all six of his hearts will be gone!!

#10. When in the early temples, always find the Fairy Pot. There is always at least one Fairy Pot per Temple. smash it, let the fairy heal you (no bottle yet), and exit the room. Return, grab a fairy in a bottle, and keep doing this until you have all fairies in your bottles.

#11. When you are using Bugs to get Gold Skulltulas, right after releasing them, swipe them again. You will only grab one of them, but the other two may go into the hole. If they dig into the ground, let the bug you grabbed before go, and...wait...now there are three bugs?! Repeat snatched one of them again. Continue until you get what you want.

#12. As a child, although expensive, buy as many Magic Beans as possible, and plant them wherever you can. A strategy I like to use is to take some bugs in a bottle and a bunch of magic beans. Using tip #11, get a Gold Skulltula out of the soil. Then plant a Magic Bean. This helps especially when you are trying to get the Biggoron's Sword.

#13. As a child, get at least two empty bottles and take them to Zora's Domain. There are some fish in the shallower water. Collect them and go to Hyrule Castle Town Market. Under the stairs by the Bombchu Bowling Alley is a kid that will buy them (not the bottle) for 100 Rupees! If you have the Giant's Wallet, you can fill up as many bottles as you can and instantly get rich!

#14. When you are at the Gerudo Fortress place, you can easily avoid the guards, and you can easily kill the ocasional Gerudo Warrior that will pop out and try to kill you. Make sure that you have the Biggoron's Sword equipped and use the crates to your advantage! Just use your shield (without Z-Targeting) while behind one, and then you can make it impossible for the guards to see you. Also, for those weirdos with the Scimitars, make sure you have the Biggoron's Sword equipped and use this sequence: Stab, stab, Jump Attack (I have never finished one without the Jump Attack, so I don't know if they go flying backwards like they do with Jump Attack (extremely funny)).

#15. This one sort of leads into number 16, but anyway, this is one I highly recommend. When you get to the part where you are an adult, beat the Forest Temple. Then play through every other temple and mini-dungeon (The Well and the Ice Caverns are examples) until you get to the point where you have all the items. Knowing all of the songs (Scarecrow's Song included) helps a lot. This makes it so you can use things like the Scarecrow's Song or the Lens of Truth to get farther wothout having to caome back later. A great reason is that you can reach a lot more Gold Skulltulas with things like the Longshot. Iron Boots and Zora Tunic would help you get through some things much faster.
A good example of this is before you complete the Forest Temple even. Complate the Ice Caverns, get the Iron Boots (don't really need Zora Tunic), and use those in the Forest Temple. That way, when you get to that well thingy, you don't have to hit the switch or whatever. Just sink to the bottom!

#16. Probably the most useful out of all of these is the fact that you can get the Biggoron's Sword right after the Forest Temple, and if you planted the Magic Beans in all the spots, even before the Forest Temple! Just go through the Ice Cavern until you get the Blue Fire. Grab some, go to King Zora, melt the red ice, and ta da! You get a Zora Tunic and make it possible to complete the trading sequence.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Just thought I'd post this here, because Luigitoilet wouldn't let me post it anywhere else.

While I was playing Ocarina of Time Yesterday, I learned that there are at leats nine extremely cool tricks in the game. Multiple ones can be used by the same method though. Also, feel free to post your own ideas. I will test them, and if they work, I will put them in here.
First though, I will make a sort of guide for the differences between N64 and Gamecube, because I use N64:

Here they are:

#1. Backflips and Sidesteps are your friends. Use a backflip at Death Mountain near the Goron Village. There is a Bomb Flower that you must throw to get into Dodongo's Cavern. Throw it away, get as sharp an angle at the left corner of the fence and backflip over it. Now, you can just grab the Heart Piece sitting right there now as opposed to when you get the Longshot.

#2. In Kakariko, there is a time when to get the second bottle, you must get all the Cuccos into a pen for a lady who owns them, but is allergic to them (um...yeah. Allergic to her own pets). There are two that are extremely annoying to get to. Using a trick, you can get a Heart Piece extraordinarily early, and get the other two cuccos much faster. Climb to the top of the lookout tower and go as far forward as you possibly can. Z-Target, then move all the way to the left. Do a sidestep to the left. You should land on a fence. Walk forward slowly(if you must, use the great spin movement technique), and talk to the guy on the roof. He'll give you a Heart Piece, and the you can just jump down, and the Cuccos are righgt there!

#3. This one is probably the most well known. If you have found the Hylian Shield (Graveyard at night), then it is actually better for shielding than the Deku Shield. When I first got the Hylian Shield, I figured it wouldn't help me because I couldn't lift it. when I pressed R to Shield, I was shocked because all I did was duck. Then an Armos imploded on me, and I was completely unhurt. Hylian Shield is great.

#4. Remember this one well. If you ever want to return to Kokiri Forest to get something you missed, use the Deku Shield. those Deku scrubs, Mad Scrubs, and Business Scrubs Deku Nuts will not reflect when you use the Hylian Shield.

#5. When you want to get somewhere before you have songs like the Bolero of Fire or the Nocturne of Shadow, you should use the Lost Woods. There is an entrance to it from Goron City, Zora's River, and Kokiri Forest. Easily identifiable by the Lost Woods music that starts blaring when you get near. Kokiri Forests entrance is at the North of the Village. Goron Cities entrance is at the level before the bottom. There are four Bomb Flowers by these rocks that you can ignite once you have the Goron Bracelet. Zora's River...well, I'm not going to tell you everything!

#6. Get those upgrades for Deku Weaponry! The bigger bullet bag, Deku Stick, and Deku Nut upgrades are very important. As you'll be using the Deku Nuts a lot in Jabu Jabu's Belly (lol), that upgrade is almost neccessary unless you are a very good sword fighter.

#7. Measure Bosses Health. Although you can't do this wothout actually killing them, it is fun, and I actually will tell you that King Dodongo has six hearts.

#8. Remember how much damage you do. a normal sword strike does 1 damage. a Jump Attack does 2 damage. A Deku Stick attack does 2 damage. A Deku Stick Jump Attack does 3 damage. I'm not going to go to the Master Sword and Giant's Knife/Biggoron's Sword.

#9. Those bosses are easy! When you fight Queen Gohma, just repeatedly press the C Button (or C-Stick Direction) that your Deku Sticks are set to. Don't try Jump Attacks on her, it only slows it down. For King Dodongo, since he only can be hit once before he gets up again, make the hit count. The second that his head goes up when you chuck the bomb in his mouth, get out a Deku Stick. Z-Target and do a Jump Attack. Do this twice, and all six of his hearts will be gone!!

#10. When in the early temples, always find the Fairy Pot. There is always at least one Fairy Pot per Temple. smash it, let the fairy heal you (no bottle yet), and exit the room. Return, grab a fairy in a bottle, and keep doing this until you have all fairies in your bottles.

#11. When you are using Bugs to get Gold Skulltulas, right after releasing them, swipe them again. You will only grab one of them, but the other two may go into the hole. If they dig into the ground, let the bug you grabbed before go, and...wait...now there are three bugs?! Repeat snatched one of them again. Continue until you get what you want.

#12. As a child, although expensive, buy as many Magic Beans as possible, and plant them wherever you can. A strategy I like to use is to take some bugs in a bottle and a bunch of magic beans. Using tip #11, get a Gold Skulltula out of the soil. Then plant a Magic Bean. This helps especially when you are trying to get the Biggoron's Sword.

#13. As a child, get at least two empty bottles and take them to Zora's Domain. There are some fish in the shallower water. Collect them and go to Hyrule Castle Town Market. Under the stairs by the Bombchu Bowling Alley is a kid that will buy them (not the bottle) for 100 Rupees! If you have the Giant's Wallet, you can fill up as many bottles as you can and instantly get rich!
Wow..12 years later and we're still discovering things about OoT

X1-12

Smash Champion
Hey Spire: You know in the pokecenter they have the 'pokemon masters' group for people who contribute well there.

Could there be a similar group for Zelda Legends?

Spire

III
BRoomer
Hey Spire: You know in the pokecenter they have the 'pokemon masters' group for people who contribute well there.

Could there be a similar group for Zelda Legends?
No. Come up with a hundred ideas and I'll find a hundred and one reasons why there can't be.

Though I'd still like to see what you have in mind. Remember, user groups are based on actual purpose.

Spire

III
BRoomer
For the record, I didn't lose it, I resigned—and changed my name to something I'll probably never change from.

Spire

III
BRoomer
My resignation was a culmination of school, work, and just growing tired of working on staff. There were things that really stressed me out, and I didn't need to be stressed out.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
My resignation was a culmination of school, work, and just growing tired of working on staff. There were things that really stressed me out, and I didn't need to be stressed out.
Yeah, I totally understand. Good luck with life and all that.

Still, whoever gets the modship position here will have some big shoes to fill.

X1-12

Smash Champion
No. Come up with a hundred ideas and I'll find a hundred and one reasons why there can't be.

Though I'd still like to see what you have in mind. Remember, user groups are based on actual purpose.
ohh:/

well I was just thinking to spread the word of the zelda forums, perhaps a postbit would be more appropriate? they give them out in dgames for example

Spire

III
BRoomer
Actually that is possible. User groups are on the decline, but postbits are on the rise. What do you guys think would be a good way to earn this:
?

I can't continue HCW anymore because I no longer have mod powers. I'm sorry it had to fail again, truly. I'll be honest: I created the game so it could lead to awarding winners or MVPs with a Triforce icon.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Presumably Skyler (and Yink?) are running it still

perhaps Triforces could be given out for good contribution to the Zelda forum? or is that too subjective?

How about every so often (two hyrule times releases?) the player who has performed best in HCW gets one. or if the game is closing just give a few out for best players

Spire

III
BRoomer
Skyler never did anything really, and when Yink resigned, she quit the game too. It's over.

The game never went anywhere, there'd be no solid reason to give out Triforces. If anything, all the Zelda forum has to lean on for a postbit would be excellent contributors. I have in mind a couple people off the bat who'd get the icon.

X1-12

Smash Champion
Skyler never did anything really, and when Yink resigned, she quit the game too. It's over.

The game never went anywhere, there'd be no solid reason to give out Triforces. If anything, all the Zelda forum has to lean on for a postbit would be excellent contributors. I have in mind a couple people off the bat who'd get the icon.
Darn, I'm just desperately trying to get my hands on that Triforce

Masky

Smash Master
Actually that is possible. User groups are on the decline, but postbits are on the rise. What do you guys think would be a good way to earn this:
?
Participation in the Zelda Theorizing subforum? That might also increase activity there

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer

The game is over? :(

Too bad about the HCW.
Yeah, I know! I (since no one else was active) was planning to join up with the Gerudo and crush the Hyruto, but never mind. :(

It's not like it wasn't obvious that the Gerudo would have won after we crushed the Hyruto, though. They would have had the great spice mines and trade routes on the left, and we would get... nothing, pretty much. If I was still in charge at that point, I would have simply called for a cease-fire and made the Megaton Alliance essentially a large state within the larger Gerudo nation. This would allow us to preserve the land without wasting all of it with war, and that seemed like it was one of the Megaton Alliance's goals in the first place.

But oh well.

Clownbot

Smash Lord
Hm...could other games for the community work out? Maybe like a Mafia specifically for this board?
Since the PC-exclusive Mafia thread got closed I doubt it'd work, unfortunately.

Not trying to sound like an official on the matter or anything. Just throwing in my two cents of course, lol

EDIT: -_- @crushing the Hyruto Republic

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Seriously? I come on my birthday leave a message and then 2 days later everything goes down the ****hole? Well...I have an Idea!

We vote for somebody to moderate the game!

The only bad thing about this would be that the moderator wouldn't be able to play but, would be able to see what is going on in Hyrule. He would pretty much take Spire and Sklyer's job.

I'm up for the challenge of updating the newspaper constantly almost twice a week. Once for sure!

IDK it depends on if the people still want to play.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Since the PC-exclusive Mafia thread got closed I doubt it'd work, unfortunately.

Not trying to sound like an official on the matter or anything. Just throwing in my two cents of course, lol

EDIT: -_- @crushing the Hyruto Republic
To be fair I never asked for permission from DGames so that's my own fault. If we were to organize one for the LoZ boards we'd go ask for a hosting queue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom