• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Link has to be European. I can't see him as Canadian lol. You can see that he is accostumed to the mild heat and cold of Europe, unlike the more frigid cold of Canada. Also Europe has this more medieval feel to it. You can think of it this way. Link is from Spain, who is trying to expel the muslims from the south.

Link: Spanish Catholic
Ganondorf: African Muslim
Ever been to Canada boy? Canada has every thing from artic to desert.

*GASP*
Hyrule is Canada. How many place on earth do you have forest, desert, Artic, and Forests and the oldest piece of earth? Canada that's where ,eh?
Eh..maybe.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Actually, Hyrule is more American than Canadian IMO. It has mountains, plains, volcanoes, deserts, the great lakes, an old west town (Karikiko) and even a ghost town.

America doesn't have a mideval castle or a flying city yet, but we can work on that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Actually, Hyrule is more American than Canadian IMO. It has mountains, plains, volcanoes, deserts, the great lakes, an old west town (Karikiko) and even a ghost town.

America doesn't have a mideval castle or a flying city yet, but we can work on that.
Try Vegas..

Darkslash

Smash Master

Casa Loma, Toronto, Ontario.

We got every thing you mentioned, except Ghost Town is making us Money and no flying city. All the U.S Castle's just look like some beefed up domestic house.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
So...

The more I think about Majora's Mask, the more I hope to see a hybrid between that game and Wind Waker. Think about the amazing sailling in WW compared to the awesome speed-run mentality of MM. It'd just be too fun. While some may view this as a bad thing (No ocean exploring!), if a game like this were made, it would be designed so that every where in the ocean would lead you to part of your quest, much like Majora's Mask. Once you figure out where to go (after exploring) you go there, and you go there as fast as you can.

That would be amazing. It would be even better if this game was realistic-styled. Imagine the sailing then! As much as I loved Wind Waker's art-style (I still say it's the best looking game to date), I have a feeling that a Zelda like this could quickly overtake it.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
So...

The more I think about Majora's Mask, the more I hope to see a hybrid between that game and Wind Waker. Think about the amazing sailling in WW compared to the awesome speed-run mentality of MM. It'd just be too fun. While some may view this as a bad thing (No ocean exploring!), if a game like this were made, it would be designed so that every where in the ocean would lead you to part of your quest, much like Majora's Mask. Once you figure out where to go (after exploring) you go there, and you go there as fast as you can.

That would be amazing. It would be even better if this game was realistic-styled. Imagine the sailing then! As much as I loved Wind Waker's art-style (I still say it's the best looking game to date), I have a feeling that a Zelda like this could quickly overtake it.
I liked sailing more in Phantom Hourglass than in Wind Waker. In PH you could draw out a path, and in WW you were restricted to one direction, with the ride being pretty uneventful. It was serene, but kind of repetitive. :ohwell:

But yes, I would like to see a repeat of a Majora's Mask formula. (Though the new Zelda is supposed to be completely different...)

Spire

III
BRoomer
What in the world is with the last three (four) pages of spam?

"Uhhh durr Hyrule be in Canadarr??"

Mass spamming leads to thread locking. Did you guys know that?

Scott!

Smash Lord
How many people have played Okami?

It's a well made Zelda clone, so I figured fans of one would be fans of the other.
I've started it, and it's pretty good. It's a beautiful game visually. I just haven't had the time to devote to it. But I've enjoyed the first couple dungeons so far. It's just kind of hard to get back into after months when I've forgotten most of what was happening.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I liked sailing more in Phantom Hourglass than in Wind Waker. In PH you could draw out a path, and in WW you were restricted to one direction, with the ride being pretty uneventful. It was serene, but kind of repetitive. :ohwell:

But yes, I would like to see a repeat of a Majora's Mask formula. (Though the new Zelda is supposed to be completely different...)
I liked the sailing in Wind Waker much better than the Phantom Hourglass sailing. in WW, you had to fight, you had to pay attention, and you could change the direction very quickly (via the Wind Waker). Whereas, PH sailing felt slow, boring, and very passive. I didn't really feel the need to pay attention to my screen and could just leave my DS lying around for 10 minutes to go across the map while I watched television.

Wind Waker did pretty much everything better than PH, actually.

But yes, the Majora's Mask formula needs to return.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I've started it, and it's pretty good. It's a beautiful game visually. I just haven't had the time to devote to it. But I've enjoyed the first couple dungeons so far. It's just kind of hard to get back into after months when I've forgotten most of what was happening.
Really? I haven't played for months myself, but I found it memorable enough.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Really? I haven't played for months myself, but I found it memorable enough.
It's memorable, in that I remember a lot of what I've done in terms of dungeons, places gone, etc. I didn't remember most of the names the last time i restarted, and while I remember the basic story about the dragon, I don't always remember why I'm doing some specific thing. It hasn't been too long since I last played, so I still remember the basic gist of where the plot was.

Skrah

Smash Ace
No, I haven´t been to Canada lol, sorry for the generalization. And I would NOT like a WW-MM hybrid. At all.

Also Okami is so similar to Zelda, but at the same time so different. I don't think Zelda could base on Okami's gameplay or anything similar to it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
While jogging, I just thought of a good idea for Nintendo.

While Wii Fit is shunned by most gamers, I have used it for its running program before (it's been a long time since I have), and it's quite enjoyable. Jogging in place to jog around a virtual Mii island was pretty cool, as it gave you a visual destination.

But the Mii Island gets boring really quickly. If they ever release a Wii Fit 2, I think that giving the option of running around Hyrule (and subsequently, the Mushroom Kingdom and other Nintendo worlds) would be AWESOME. I would gladly run all around Hyrule.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
While jogging, I just thought of a good idea for Nintendo.

While Wii Fit is shunned by most gamers, I have used it for its running program before (it's been a long time since I have), and it's quite enjoyable. Jogging in place to jog around a virtual Mii island was pretty cool, as it gave you a visual destination.

But the Mii Island gets boring really quickly. If they ever release a Wii Fit 2, I think that giving the option of running around Hyrule (and subsequently, the Mushroom Kingdom and other Nintendo worlds) would be AWESOME. I would gladly run all around Hyrule.
I might be wrong but I think I heard somewhere (Nintendo Power?) that the wii balance board wasn't very good for running.

-:bowser:Bowser King

Spire

III
BRoomer
I might be wrong but I think I heard somewhere (Nintendo Power?) that the wii balance board wasn't very good for running.

You don't run with the balance board. You put the Wiimote in your pocket and jog in place on your floor. Otherwise, people would be falling off the balance board all the time.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
I actually did not know that Wii had a fitness program / game but now that I think about it the Hyrule / Mushroom kingdom idea is kind of clever and funny. I commend you on your idea Spire, even though you are a Zelda elitist. lol

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
You don't run with the balance board. You put the Wiimote in your pocket and jog in place on your floor. Otherwise, people would be falling off the balance board all the time.
Ohhh...

Would the remote be able to sense your leg moving? As in would it screw up like when trying to hit the golf ball lightly in wii sports.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I actually did not know that Wii had a fitness program / game but now that I think about it the Hyrule / Mushroom kingdom idea is kind of clever and funny. I commend you on your idea Spire, even though you are a Zelda elitist. lol
Well thankyou.
Ohhh...

Would the remote be able to sense your leg moving? As in would it screw up like when trying to hit the golf ball lightly in wii sports.

You can either put it in your pocket, or hold it in your hand. Either way, it measures how much you are moving as it bobs up and down. Of course, you can cheat and merely shake it, but that's no fun.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Sounds awesome. Seems kinda like Mario Kart courses. Perhaps you could even race against the Running Man from OoT in this game!

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Sounds awesome. Seems kinda like Mario Kart courses. Perhaps you could even race against the Running Man from OoT in this game!
And fail miserably, like in the real game (Pulls up Gannon Ban to point this out, again: http://gannon-banned.com/)

Either way, the game wasn't all that fun, so I stopped after awhile, it just doesn't have something to bring you back, whether it's a deep Multiplayer (Brawl), or a game with Prequels on the Gamecube (This is my relationship with the Metroid Prime series).

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
What game wasn't all that fun? OoT? lolwut

And yeah, while racing the Running Man, he could probably always pull ahead of you at the very last second just like he says he did in OoT lolol

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The time it takes to load while walking into the log that leads to the woods...

While the screen goes black, he zips through

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I'll just mention everything about this list, and How I avoid being a nOOb because of it:

1: This is thankfully avoided, thanks to Melee. If I heard of Ganon from somewhere else, I might actually be screwed, but Melee set me straight.
2: I also Say Ridley's name wrong until I heard how you pronounce Ridley Scott's name (The same Ridley Scott who directed Alien which served some inspiration to the Metroid Series, and thus serving as the source of the name of the infamous space Dragon).
3: I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THIS SERIES EXISTS IF IT WASN'T FOR SMASH, YOU'D THINK I'D KNOW THE GAMES UNTIL A FEW YEARS AGO!
4: Thank you Sakurai
5: Again, I've never played the game (outside the demo) so I wouldn't have known unless you told me to.
6: who are they anyway?
7: I would be among those who'd have a hunch that there were 3 (that and I didn't pay attention to the shield). I AM CORRECT!
8: Thank you smash, again
9: Until 2007, I could have, But I didn't become active in this game until 09.
10: I know that They are supposed to make a Metroid movie, and I know that Metal Gear is also supposed to have a movie, but Zelda, not really...
11: Outside the weird design (Link has abnormally long hair) and the memes (If it's not "the cake is a lie", I'm already am annoyed by it), I don't have any complaints
12: I would honestly be among the people asking "how do you beat this guy?" if it wasn't for anything telling me that you can't (like this site).
13: Again, not being an avid fan until recent, I'd honestly make that mistake, until Wikipedia.
14: Did somebody here say that there was no timeline when we were talking about a timeline? Whoever you are, you are now poned by this newbie
15: OK, outside the Wii early on (which was called the Revolution FOR REAL until Nintendo decided to change it's name), I haven't called anything by it's code name.
16: Good thing I got game informer, their april fools is just their own parody
17: I've never heard of the movie,and I doubt anything was inspired by Tom Cruise except a possible increase in Scientology converts, and while I am accepting, I don't convert to anything except agnosticism.
18: Yeah, considering that people didn't believe that Mario and Sonic would be in a game together on Mar/25/07 (Mario and sonic at the Olympics), so I'll have a hard time believing these things too.
19: Never heard of it
20: OK, I get it, Wii ain't as great as gamecube, but I kinda wanted a Wii game, and I ran out of good options.
21: OK, this is the invisi-rat thing, not the Cannon room thing. I'd either find out on my own, or consult some sort of guide.
22: Like I am a good judge of these things
23: Zelda in the future, when **** freezes over (and I'm not talking about Hel Michigan)
24: I came from being a Metroid Fan boy (in 08), I understand long waits better (Hey, try waiting 8 years for a game), and I don't know what Steampunk is either
25: FOR THE FINAL TIME! THANK YOU SUPER SMASH BROTHERS!

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
How in the world do you say Ridley's name wrong?

There is only 1 logical pronunciation for it.

Spire

III
BRoomer

Wha...?

But RIDLEY doesn't have an e between the Rid and Ley part...
I used to pronounce Sephiroth as "sepp-royth" because I thought the 'o' was followed by an 'i', and the spelling as "Seproith".

People make mistakes man.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
As for number 11 on that Gannon-banned list, is it even remotely feasible to play the Zelda CD-i games these days? I can't find any emulators or roms for it, and AVGN said in his review of the games that his CD-i cost him $700.

wtf

edit: Actually I think that's how much they were when they first came out. I'm not sure about now. They seem pretty rare anyway, don't see any on ebay or amazon. But lol, amazon's selling Wand of Gamelon for $60. Seems like you'd have to be a hardcore Zelda fan with lots of disposable income to play this now.

edit 2: okay the amazon page for the game says it's compatible with any cd-i system, I guess that includes that Magnavox one on ebay that's currently going for $20. lol maybe this isn't so unattainable.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Zues was horrible.

What kind of thing decides to turn into a bull and mate with a some woman he feels attracted to?

Why a bull? Couldn't he just become a man or something?

Skrah

Smash Ace
That's cause they're too full of win in their human/god form that they have to tone it down for the ladies. And bulls also have something that Greek women with weird fetishes would like but I'll just stop there..

Have you noticed that Zelda discussion always seem to derail to these types of conversations? LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom