• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
1-1 motion controls are a big yes. But light sabers? Maybe, maybe in a Future Zelda type deal. But a Zelda RPG is something I can get excited over. Just as long as the gameplay stayed similar without leaving the overworld/dungeon for a separate battle. That would just be bothersome and tedious. But if you just fight in a similar manner to other Zeldas, except with experience, that would be awesome.

They could return to Zelda's oft-forgotten RPG roots, and give you a bonus of your choice in hearts, power, or magic meter at each level. Of course, there would be more depth involved, but that's the basic idea there. Throw in multiple weapons, items, etc, and they're on their way.
Frankly, 1-1 motion controls for a flagship series after the unveiling of wii motion plus should actually be expected. I mean, Zelda is the 4th biggest franchise (after Pokemon, Mario, and "Wii *insert verb here*"). I would almost expect the company to attempt at least Metroid Prime 3 motion controls, if not better.

However, I would not be disappointed at all with TP controls if something else was improved upon. In fact, the TP motion controls would still be fine, except for the need for shield attack to be mapped to a button.

Once again, both kinda sad and amazing that TP has some of the best motion controls on the wii.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Yeah, they were a lot easier on GC. Or, at least, they were easy. I haven't gotten to compare. The only experience I've had with TP Wii is getting confused in the Forest Temple in my friend's file. I kept being like "This isn't supposed to be on this side? Why is everything wrong?" But yeah, the shield butt was just R, since he auto-shielded with L. Then just press A on command for the follow-up into helm splitter.

Mortal Draw does make decent sense. Since he spins around, he has a lot more force in the hit. Plus, the enemy's defenses could be down since Link isn't holding his weapon. Also, I doubt fear is a big factor with the enemies Link faces. They all seem the combative type. If they see you take out their comrade, I think they would perceive it as a threat that needs to be eliminated rather than avoided.
The only real problem I had with the shield attack was really landing the thing (I fire it all the time, yet they always block it [and by they I mean Darknuts and the armored Lizards]). I actually kinda have trouble landing a spin attack when targeting, so I detarget, and spin. It works.

Oh, and I beat the Cave of ordeals (only costing me 1 fairy, 1 blue potion, and the majority of my cash), and the 8th Dungeon. I got everything, Including two fairies and two great fairy tears.

By the way, The wii version was mirrored to match the control scheme, so what was right is now left (North and South still stay the same). I personally had no problems with the wii controls, I beat Zant without having to call up the Item screen (I had the Boomerang in B, and the Ball and Chain, Clawshots, and Iron boots on the control pad). I think that would be impossible to do on the gamecube version. You do have the better version when it comes to having more abilities (like Charging the Spin attack, Look, i know that the Wii one is a bit worse, I just needed a hard core Wii game and Zelda was the last one.).

Oh, and to avoid looking like an idiot, I make sure I don't fall for these things:
http://gannon-banned.com/

Spire

III
BRoomer
..............no, a Zelda RPG with a long sidequest to get the Master Sword enchanted at the Fairy fountain to be Link's ultimate weapon, stronger than the biggoron's sword, and can still wield the shield for extra armor / defence.

*drools*
I find it hilarious that when thinking about the possibilities for a Zelda RPG, this is what's most important to you -- enchanting the Master Sword at a Fairy Fountain.

Hehehe.

Oh yeah, I'm back! And the show was a huge success!

Spire

III
BRoomer
but.......... you put it in the fountain......... and it comes out strong........ !!!!!!!
Yeah, that's great. But the fact that out of all the things that an enormous Zelda RPG could bring, that's all you can focus on.

It's just funny.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Well, I'm playing Wind Waker for the first time right now.

I got to say, it seems like a kid's "My first Zelda" game to me...

I guess the cartoon-y graphics are Ok, by EVERYTHING about the game just screams "Made for little kids"

The dungeons are easier than any Zelda game I've played. I haven't died yet once. The bosses have been easy. The only problem is the annoyingly long ocean map - which isn't really that big of a problem anymore since I got Cyclonus' power (Or whatever his name is)

I'm not at the end yet, but I'll see...

Spire

III
BRoomer

I guess the cartoon-y graphics are Ok, by EVERYTHING about the game just screams "Made for little kids"

The dungeons are easier than any Zelda game I've played. I haven't died yet once. The bosses have been easy. The only problem is the annoyingly long ocean map - which isn't really that big of a problem anymore since I got Cyclonus' power (Or whatever his name is)

I'm not at the end yet, but I'll see...
I'm going to quote a great, but verbally clumsy person I know.

"JUST DO ME A FAVOR AND GET OFF THE PLANET OF THE EARTH!"

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

What are you talking about? Wind Waker graphics are absolutely amazing. Just because they're realastic doesn't make them any worse -- in fact, it gives the game a perfect charm! The cel shading is done so well that I can confidently say that my PS3 with it's shiny graphics has yet to even touch the graphical mastery that was Wind Waker. Everything was drawn so beautifully in that game.

Yeah, it's cel-shaded. But does it stop from being absolutely amazing? No

Twilight Princess? I found Wind Waker's dungeons to be a bit more challenging that TP's.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Myamoto mentioned that Wind waker was going to be kinda directed towards a broad audience. Fans feared that it was directed towards the Younger audience (namely because of Cel-shading, making it look like a cartoon). In full reality, it was directed towards EVERYBODY, not just kids. The simpler puzzles was the critics most Major complaint. To be fair, I'd still be lost without a guide of some sort, and I haven't died since the Forest temple in TP, so the Games have gotten easier (either that or I got a hang of it).

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Come to think of it, Link doesn't really die that often in TP. If I jump off a cliff or into lava, i just lose a heart. And I need to slam my face into enemy weapons to lose enough hearts for a game over.

It's like there is too much health for TP's intended mechanics.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Eh, I just can't get into it.

The cartoon graphics take away from the seriousness of the story and make it seem like a young kid's fun adventure game, which I guess could be good. It just seems like one of Hyrule's darker futures. It doesn't help that no one in the game seems to be taking the situations that seriously too.

Eh, whatever. I guess I'm just not a fan of the toon games.

Spire

III
BRoomer

The cartoon graphics take away from the seriousness of the story and make it seem like a young kid's fun adventure game, which I guess could be good. It just seems like one of Hyrule's darker futures. It doesn't help that no one in the game seems to be taking the situations that seriously too.

Eh, whatever. I guess I'm just not a fan of the toon games.
You're pretty shallow, man.

EDIT: Give it time. Odds are, it'll grow on you. Just learn to never judge something by how it looks, as the concepts behind Wind Waker are truly powerful, some of which are the best in the series.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

What's to take seriously?

Everyone in windwaker was born after the flooding of Hyrule. I get the impression that most of them do not realize the threat that Ganon presents; most of them probably have never heard of Ganon.. It isn't a "dark" future for the characters who were born into it; for them, they have always lived with the sea on their islands.

If anything, it's a somewhat peaceful, tropical version of Hyrule, the ironic yet logical conclusion of a catastrophy which leaves Hyrule in a permament state of flood.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Yeah, the islanders in WW don't know anything about Hyrule. We didn't really know much till we went below. It's just such a good game. First off, as was said above, it looks amazing. The graphics suit it so well. It's not supposed to be super dark. It's more light-hearted, but not at the expense of depth.

Also, don't listen to anyone who says that sailing is anything but fun. It's awesome. Going around at the end for the Triforce is often called tedious, but I think it's a really good time to explore all the islands you've missed along the way and finish the map.

Honestly, I'm getting the feeling you judged the game before you started, and are having some confirmation bias. Don't do it! It's too good of a game, and if you let yourself, you can really enjoy it.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My Deku leaf broke...is it suppose to do that?

N/M I was out of magic...

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I beat twilight Princess! Woot! I actually had the most problems with Puppet Zelda (I suck at dead man's volley). Ganon was OK, I barely tried in the Horse fight, and I went around gathering hearts before engaging Ganondorf, where I just got 3 Chances in a row (It's actually quicker that way).

Spire

III
BRoomer
It puts the sword in the fountain. It comes out strong.

...I don't think you get the picture here!
Oh I get it alright. But you obviously don't.
I beat twilight Princess! Woot! I actually had the most problems with Puppet Zelda (I suck at dead man's volley). Ganon was OK, I barely tried in the Horse fight, and I went around gathering hearts before engaging Ganondorf, where I just got 3 Chances in a row (It's actually quicker that way).
It's amazing how the battle with Ganon in OoT is still greater than that from TP. The problem was that the difficulty level was just so low. Yeah, you had to go through three (four counting horseback) separate battles, but each were relatively easy.
I don't think you need an RPG to have Link power up his master sword at a fairy fountain.

However, RPGs would be an awesome addition to Link's arsenol.
Hehe, nice play on words, mang.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
It's amazing how the battle with Ganon in OoT is still greater than that from TP. The problem was that the difficulty level was just so low. Yeah, you had to go through three (four counting horseback) separate battles, but each were relatively easy.
Errr, the first one wasn't easy. The second one was also kind of hard (especially on the wii without camera control). The third one was, and the fourth one was short and easy IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING. I've seen Youtube videos of people just back slicing, and I kept my distance and waited for the Chances, and then used it (I suck at rapid pressing, so the sword lock takes some time), and then spin and Hack and slash. Do this 3 times and watch the ending.

Skrah

Smash Ace
All of them are easy... You can **** Puppet Zelda with the stronger Jump attack (forgot its name), Beast Ganon was easy too, Horseback same, and the last one was very very easy. So many tricks to **** Ganondorf.

Obviously Charizard, if you know what you're doing in every game, then it becomes easy, so thats not much of a factor in the easy/hard level.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Horseback Ganon was kind of tricky in the beginning, but once I got going, it wasn't that bad. I just had to figure out Zelda's limitations. The last Ganon was fun, even if it wasn't all that challenging. Fishing Rod shenanigans are epically fun.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Link. It puts the sword in the fountain. The sword. It comes out stronger.

I don't think we're on the same page here.
Vorguen, let me try and put this in as simple English as possible.

When suggesting a Zelda RPG, your only supporting idea was, "in the Zelda RPG, Link can put his sword in the fountain to enchant it."

I thought that was funny, not because the idea is a bad one, but because upon opening a huge field of discussion about a Zelda RPG and all that it could bring in to the series, you suggested a very, very small idea. Does that make sense?

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Spire and I are not on the same page.

I am writing a letter to nintendo right now to create the game for me.

Zelda, a Link that goes to the Fairy Fountain to Enchant his Master Sword many times to the past.

c3gill

Smash Ace
I am writing a letter to nintendo right now to create the game for me.
hmmmm i wonder how many games nintendo would have if they created every game a fan suggested?

although this does explain about half the metroid games, and the nintendog and animal crossing series.....

Scott!

Smash Lord
Oh, Vorguen. No one understands you except me. I understand. Your want Link to have his sword enchanted in a fairy fountain in an RPG form of Zelda. You obviously feel very strongly about this too. Don't let them marginalize your idea. It's a good one! Don't give up on it!

I feel slightly silly. But more amused than anything.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ever see that video where that guy kills TP Ganon's final fight thing in a few seconds?

Yeah, OOT's Ganondorf battle was just epic...I got chills when he transformed to the demon pig thing like from all the other games.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ever see that video where that guy kills TP Ganon's final fight thing in a few seconds?

Yeah, OOT's Ganondorf battle was just epic...I got chills when he transformed to the demon pig thing like from all the other games.
But it too, was the best form of Ganon to date. He wasn't a big blue pig, he wasn't a feral boar, he was a crazed, bipedal, fur-covered goat-like demon with TWO tridents. Epic.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Okay everyone please do me a favor. Relax yourselves, close your eyes (but open them just enough to read). Imagine yourself, in a murky, forlorn room. You are in a corner, you are breathing heavy. You feel your nerves tingling, and you feel that your arduous journey is coming to an embittered end. You sense an approaching menace. You are cornered, trapped. You know your end is near, but you are too afraid to move. Your arms don’t respond. Your legs don’t respond. The enemy is upon you, as he gets near, you can see the figure in the dark. His face is a skeleton, expressionless. He holds a large axe. You try to walk back, but the wall behind you stops you. He swings, and misses, not because you eluded him, but because your knees gave way and you fell. He stands above you. You’re numb. Too numb to feel anything. Too numb to have your life flash before your eyes. Your heart begins to race. Faster. You start to panic, you know you are going to die. You can’t see anything anymore, but you can hear the enemy raising his axe. It is the end. You feel it. Lying there next to you. Your hope, your protection, your sword. Your mind flashes to the most important event in your life. You see yourself, in your green tunic, tossing that very sword into the fountain you loved so much. You watched it come out, stronger, brighter, a new color. The most important part. The new color. Then, back in the room, you raise your sword high. You notice it’s new power, you can feel it. It glows bright. Very bright. It blinds your enemy. This gives you courage, it empowers you. You use this opportunity, and in one motion you get up, and slice your enemy in two. Time seems to accelerate. The next thing you know, you are back at home, safe, glad you are alive. You think back. You realize, the reason you are alive. The only reason. Yes. The fairy fountain. It is the reason you are alive.

The end.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
But it too, was the best form of Ganon to date. He wasn't a big blue pig, he wasn't a feral boar, he was a crazed, bipedal, fur-covered goat-like demon with TWO tridents. Epic.
I meant the good chills.

I really didn't expect that

I decided not to use a guide or anything my first time through (Except in the water temple because I got lost)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom