• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Yeah I'd have to agree those are better than the Ocarina songs they used. I think my favorites were Bolero of Fire, Song of Storms, and Song of Time.

But you said you've only played Twilight Princess right? I think people like game music more when they listen to it while they play the game. Kind of a silly thought, since it's the exact same music you hear either way, but when you associate the music with an epic moment in the game, then it means a lot more to you.

lolol

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Yeah I'd have to agree those are better than the Ocarina songs they used. I think my favorites were Bolero of Fire, Song of Storms, and Song of Time.

But you said you've only played Twilight Princess right? I think people like game music more when they listen to it while they play the game. Kind of a silly thought, since it's the exact same music you hear either way, but when you associate the music with an epic moment in the game, then it means a lot more to you.

lolol
Good point.

Lets make this less nostalgic then. Songs you want in the next Legend of Zelda?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-F40_kO_NfM&fmt=18

Charizard92

Smash Champion

lolol
I understand, But I associate those songs with the howl stones right now. (I also associate Saria's song with Melee and Meta Ridley's theme with the Metroid prime 3 Corruption boss fight where you face him in freefall, good times [To be fair, Only Mario, Donkey Kong, and Pokemon have I picked up before 2008. I picked up Metroid in summer and Kirby in the fall of 08. TP in Early 09, and Starfox whenever they come out with a wii game])

Anyway, the Howl stones are kind of epic. I am glad that I got someone who has the same favorite as I do.

Note: I also am a Poe hunter, so I am going to trek into that Cave of ordeals. Oh, I hate Ice enemies, so i will try that boomerang trick (If you blow out the torches on the levels the door will open. Doesn't work on fairy rooms or rooms afterwards) to avoid that.

Any tips?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I understand, But I associate those songs with the howl stones right now. (I also associate Saria's song with Melee and Meta Ridley's theme with the Metroid prime 3 Corruption boss fight where you face him in freefall, good times [To be fair, Only Mario, Donkey Kong, and Pokemon have I picked up before 2008. I picked up Metroid in summer and Kirby in the fall of 08. TP in Early 09, and Starfox whenever they come out with a wii game])

Anyway, the Howl stones are kind of epic. I am glad that I got someone who has the same favorite as I do.

Note: I also am a Poe hunter, so I am going to trek into that Cave of ordeals. Oh, I hate Ice enemies, so i will try that boomerang trick (If you blow out the torches on the levels the door will open. Doesn't work on fairy rooms or rooms afterwards) to avoid that.

Any tips?
For Ice enemies?

Wolf vs. wolves, man vs. humanoid ice monster, and the ball and chain is an awesome weapon. Also, wearing blue will get you killed because Zoras are weak to fire and ice, and the zora armor gives you all of the zora abilities, for better or for worse.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Any tips?
Get the magic armor and every heart piece before you do it, and its easycakes.

also, you shouldnt be doing it for poes- if you complete it you get great fairy tears in a bottle- that is the denkness. Its like Guinness for hyrule.

Alzi

Smash Master
I wish there was a way I could collect skulltulas and get the rewards but not save the family. I didn't like them they were racist. :(
Lol.

Collecting Skulltulas was so much fun but collecting bugs is so boring. It's a little more challenging since they are so dam small but wasn't us fun as the skulltulas.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Yeah. That girl was crazy though, lol. How in the world did she get all of that money? Probably found them in the bushes while looking for bugs I guess.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The enemy I want to see in a 3D game is the Lion-Centaur thing from the first Legend of Zelda. I bet enemy would be tough, I'd be HUGE

c3gill

Smash Ace
do we know when a new game is coming out??

sorry to switch topic.
we know one is being worked on at the moment, and a lot of sources point to late 2009 or early 2010- although that is hard to believe because we dont know anything about it, or what to expect.

All we know is that the series is going to be drastically changed- there is supposed to be a big change to the way we control Link. Honestly, until i see something from nintendo, im kinda scared. Im a big fan of the traditional Zeldas, and changing the basic controls could really mess with the game. I think that OoT and MM stepped up and made Zelda a great 3D game without changing controls too much, but Nintendo could just go crazy with the Wii-mote and that stupid Balance Board, and make Zelda like some crazy DDR game.

Im really anxious to see some footage and the new control scheme- until we see stuff we can only speculate.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
we know one is being worked on at the moment, and a lot of sources point to late 2009 or early 2010- although that is hard to believe because we dont know anything about it, or what to expect.

All we know is that the series is going to be drastically changed- there is supposed to be a big change to the way we control Link. Honestly, until i see something from nintendo, im kinda scared. Im a big fan of the traditional Zeldas, and changing the basic controls could really mess with the game. I think that OoT and MM stepped up and made Zelda a great 3D game without changing controls too much, but Nintendo could just go crazy with the Wii-mote and that stupid Balance Board, and make Zelda like some crazy DDR game.

Im really anxious to see some footage and the new control scheme- until we see stuff we can only speculate.
When did anyone say there would be a significant difference in how we control Link?

All that we know is that the game designer said it would be very different from previous installments, and Nintendo has a patent for a hint system that appears specifically designed for this game. Unless there's been another interview, I don't remember anything about the controls.

c3gill

Smash Ace
When did anyone say there would be a significant difference in how we control Link?
Simple Answer

However, i definatly suggest reading the full interview @ HERE

and yea- i remember those Lynel things- little lions with swords that shot stuff at me and were a pain. The blue ones especially. and they were also in LttP and Oracle games, iirc. They might be in another game?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
On the Cave of Ordeals I'll follow this thing:

http://zelda.wikia.com/wiki/Cave_of_Ordeals

My supplies:
-All weapons (Ball and Chain, Bow, Boomerang, and Clawshots [notice the S] on easy access)
-Giant Quiver (that game was easy)
-All bomb bags on a big bag filled with normal bombs (180 normal bombs)
-4 bottles, with 2 fairies, 1 blue potion, and Great fairy tears
-All hidden skills
-18 & 3/5 heart containers (Strategy guide says 18, and Wiki guide says 12-13 with Giant quiver, so that SHOULD be enough)
-Hawkeye
-Magic armor (Will keep Rupies in dungeon [giant wallet])

This will work right?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I also have bottles full of Great Fairy's tears, Rare Jelly, and Fairy's handy!

Actually, the Great Fairy's tears and Rare Jelly are actually just trophies of me completing the Cave of Ordeals and getting the Rare Jelly in the one part...which was actually difficult.

This was before I figured out you can find Rare Jelly on the farm in Link's home town if you dig.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I actually had a rare Chu too. I missed the Dig one, but I found one in Death mountain, and I kept it, until Darkhammer nearly killed me.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I actually had a rare Chu too. I missed the Dig one, but I found one in Death mountain, and I kept it, until Darkhammer nearly killed me.
You know you can

1)Use the Clawshot targets on the ceiling
OR
2) Jump Strike the guy in one shot.

I had trouble with the jump strike but it's so funny to see him die in 1 minute.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I actually didn't know the Jump strike would work. I also did try the Clawshots, I typically either got knocked out of the air or got hit by the Chain. I beat him and am on my way to the cave of ordeals AND have a giant Quiver and can't sequence break for my life (In case you haven't gotten it, you can get the Giant Quiver by beating the Star game with a second clawshot which you get in the city in the sky AFTER Snowpeak.) I already beat the guy, I just lost Rare chu in the Process

Vorguen

Smash Champion
Ugh, if there is one thing I do not like about this thread is having to scroll back like 3 pages to see where I last posted and if anyone responded.

5 million reasons why Zelda should get its own board!

0 why it shouldn't.

c3gill

Smash Ace
2) Jump Strike the guy in one shot.
Jump Strike is LAME. its all about the mortal draw. which should have been Links Final Smash.

or that triforce capture whatever should be in the next game. that could be cool.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Jump Strike is LAME. its all about the mortal draw. which should have been Links Final Smash.
Jump Strike really isn't lame. Its awesome to see a Lizalfos charge at you, get hit by the side blow, and another one get owned.

Mortal draw is bleh. One shot slice is okay, but it looks boring. If it was a Slice stab it would of made more sense.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Jump Strike really isn't lame. Its awesome to see a Lizalfos charge at you, get hit by the side blow, and another one get owned.

Mortal draw is bleh.
I am not commenting on usefulness- rather I am commenting on the cool factor. 1-shotting most enemies is baller. plus, you cant target them as your about to do it, so its got that Bad *** factor.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I am not commenting on usefulness- rather I am commenting on the cool factor. 1-shotting most enemies is baller. plus, you cant target them as your about to do it, so its got that Bad *** factor.
Mortal draw is most least favorite hidden skill. It needs some thing to spice it up..

Scott!

Smash Lord
Mortal Draw is seriously awesome. It doesn't get cooler than walking around without any weapons out and without targeting, just waiting. Waiting for the chance to make your surprise move. I love it. It's the best way of fighting just about anything.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Mortal Draw is seriously awesome. It doesn't get cooler than walking around without any weapons out and without targeting, just waiting. Waiting for the chance to make your surprise move. I love it. It's the best way of fighting just about anything.
+10 Man Points
+ 15 BA Points

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Yeah, Mortal Draw was awesome.

I hate to say it but on the Wii version, the shield special moves weren't very responsive for me. I had to thrust the nunchuk forward at least twice before I finally got it to do that shield bounce thing. I'm guessin it was easier on the Gamecube.

But Wii control was awesome other than that, and strangely I never had any trouble with the spin attack, which also used the nunchuk.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Well mortal draw really doesn't make sense. How does one slice kill but then it takes 3 on the same enemy. Makes no sense, kinda. They should of made it that he slashes then stabs the guy, then every one runs away. Fear Factor.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Well mortal draw really doesn't make sense. How does one slice kill but then it takes 3 on the same enemy. Makes no sense, kinda. They should of made it that he slashes then stabs the guy, then every one runs away. Fear Factor.
Mortal Slice makes plenty of sense- It is the most powerful attack normal sword attack, because it amplifies his normal slash more than any other move.

Its a good move because it has decent risk but amazing reward.

and i might be wrong, but i think the idea is he spins around, draws his sword, and swings it directly at the foes head level- obviously all very fast.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Yeah, Mortal Draw was awesome.

I hate to say it but on the Wii version, the shield special moves weren't very responsive for me. I had to thrust the nunchuk forward at least twice before I finally got it to do that shield bounce thing. I'm guessin it was easier on the Gamecube.

But Wii control was awesome other than that, and strangely I never had any trouble with the spin attack, which also used the nunchuk.
Yeah, they were a lot easier on GC. Or, at least, they were easy. I haven't gotten to compare. The only experience I've had with TP Wii is getting confused in the Forest Temple in my friend's file. I kept being like "This isn't supposed to be on this side? Why is everything wrong?" But yeah, the shield butt was just R, since he auto-shielded with L. Then just press A on command for the follow-up into helm splitter.

Mortal Draw does make decent sense. Since he spins around, he has a lot more force in the hit. Plus, the enemy's defenses could be down since Link isn't holding his weapon. Also, I doubt fear is a big factor with the enemies Link faces. They all seem the combative type. If they see you take out their comrade, I think they would perceive it as a threat that needs to be eliminated rather than avoided.

Vorguen

Smash Champion
..............no, a Zelda RPG with a long sidequest to get the Master Sword enchanted at the Fairy fountain to be Link's ultimate weapon, stronger than the biggoron's sword, and can still wield the shield for extra armor / defence.

*drools*

Scott!

Smash Lord
1-1 motion controls are a big yes. But light sabers? Maybe, maybe in a Future Zelda type deal. But a Zelda RPG is something I can get excited over. Just as long as the gameplay stayed similar without leaving the overworld/dungeon for a separate battle. That would just be bothersome and tedious. But if you just fight in a similar manner to other Zeldas, except with experience, that would be awesome.

They could return to Zelda's oft-forgotten RPG roots, and give you a bonus of your choice in hearts, power, or magic meter at each level. Of course, there would be more depth involved, but that's the basic idea there. Throw in multiple weapons, items, etc, and they're on their way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom