• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
So who do you think would actually win if there were another Civil War, TP wise. Although the Gorons are more technologically advanced, I believe that the Zora would probably win. They seem to have a pretty organized society, they have the perfect haven, unreachable to almost everyone but Zora, they can move through Hyrule through the waterways, and they aren't at a great disadvantage when on land.
Once again, the Gorons.

Gorons don't need to breath, and are almost impossible to kill. Remember the one in the Zora throne room who survived being hit by a meteor, thrown into a glacier, and blown up and gave you a heart piece for it?

Yeah, imagine 100 of those.

Although it should be pointed out that they don't actually care for wars, and probably wouldn't even be involved.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Once again, the Gorons.

Gorons don't need to breath, and are almost impossible to kill. Remember the one in the Zora throne room who survived being hit by a meteor, thrown into a glacier, and blown up and gave you a heart piece for it?

Yeah, imagine 100 of those.

Although it should be pointed out that they don't actually care for wars, and probably wouldn't even be involved.
Oh yeah. I was thinking more along the lines of Majora's Mask. When you fall in the water as a goron, it's the same as falling off a cliff.

But that Goron is kinda stuck there permenantly. Goron's can't swim.

Scott!

Smash Lord
I feel like a war would just devolve into Zoras and Gorons both playing defensively, with everyone else caught in the middle. Neither can make a real ooffensive threat to the other's stronghold, and both are well-defended. Whichever side got the humans would probably be able to win, though the Zoras would be more in need of an alliance. The Gorons would be hard to lay siege to, since they eat rocks and all. The Zoras are a bit more delicate. I put my odds towards the Gorons, though only slightly, and the odds are in the hands of the humans.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What about the "Goron Golem" though.

Goron's could just turn to a big monster and thrash everything!

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The biggest problem the Zoras have is that they require a source of water nearby, otherwise they dry up. It is impossible for the Zoras to take the Goron stronghold. The Gorons, however, can somewhat easily just walk up along the river bottom.

Whoever designed the gorons must have been trying to make the most overpowered creature imaginable, and then gave them a personality that would prevent them from conquering Hyrule. They are incredibly strong, can live through most anything without feeling pain, and only require rocks for survival. They don't even need air, just rocks. The only reason they haven't taken over Hyrule is a lack of interest and organization.

EDIT: imagine if a goron had the triforce of power :scared:

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I was just replaying Link's Awakening and got up to that Face Shrine room with the poem that says the entire island is just an illusion. I love that part, it's so ominous. The music in that room is great too. It's kind of like a sad version of Ballad of the Windfish. I just searched YouTube for Face Shrine and found this orchestral arrangement of it, lolol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZiOOWJr6Jw

What's everyone's favorite Zelda moment(s)? lol

Minish Blade

Smash Cadet
I was just replaying Link's Awakening and got up to that Face Shrine room with the poem that says the entire island is just an illusion. I love that part, it's so ominous. The music in that room is great too. It's kind of like a sad version of Ballad of the Windfish. I just searched YouTube for Face Shrine and found this orchestral arrangement of it, lolol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eZiOOWJr6Jw

My favorite is when at the end of TP when Ganon is dying Link and Zelda are just standing in quiet hyrule field with the sunset in the background. EPICNESS.

Scott!

Smash Lord

That music is amazing. Oh the memories it brings back. That first Face Shrine was so mysterious, with the torches and the carving. I love it. And the dungeon that followed was so weird, with the infinite loop n the east. I can't recall any other dungeons in any other games ever having the theme of "Face". Now I wanna play that game again. Too bad it fails at memory now, and that I don't have it with me.

c3gill

Smash Ace
one of my favorite moments is the 2nd boss in MM- Goht. I refuse to wear the FD mask for this fight, because doing it as a goron is AWESOME. Also the goron race in that game for gold dust was pretty sweet.

and yea^^^ LA as a game ROCKED. I wish it was on virtual console :ohwell: ditto for MM.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Yeah, LA needs a rerelease, since by now, the oldest versions are all dying like mine. I don't know what it would involve to get a DX version that wouldn't be on its way out either, since that's pretty old too. The three Zeldas before it have been rereleased on more recent systems, which is how I have them. It's time for LA.

And yeah, that was an awesome boss, and one of the biggest perks of dungeons being reset with the Song of Time. I always felt compelled to defeat all the bosses before going to the end of the game on my last set of three days, and Goht was was always the last, since he was the best.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
They just need to release a retro Zelda package on WiiWare that has all of the NES and SNES games on there. OoS and OoA being included in that wouldn't be bad either. It would cost like 30 bucks though because their would be about what, five games?

And stop talking about Zelda getting it's own board in here, guys. PM JV about it.

Scott!

Smash Lord
That Zelda package idea is nice, but personally, I don't want to play $30 when I have half of the games already in formats I'm not worried about (GC disk and GBA game) It's only LA, and to a lesser extent the oracles that I'm even remotely interested in. Perhaps have each game available separately, and have a package deal that's cheaper than getting them separate. That would be nice.

c3gill

Smash Ace
LA is the only released in America game that I can no longer play. I would love a Zelda package on Virtual Console, or a wii disk that had all the zelda games that are on hand-holds. Rumor has it that Homebrew can do it..... anyone tried getting some old school LA working on the wii?

AcesWild

Smash Apprentice
Easily the most epic Zelda moment in my opinion is when the 4 guardians reach up and grab the moon before it fell in Majora's Mask, my jaw actually dropped.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
The most epic Zelda moment I can recall is when Zant turns out to be totally insane.

I mean I always knew he was crazy, but not that crazy. At least now I know why he dresses like an iguana with its tounge sticking out.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
You know, I think the Zelda series is suppose to similar to the crusades

Link is white and fights for the Goddesses against a man of the desert who happens to have the symbol of the Muslims (In the original OoT, it was edited out because of such from all future versions and games)

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master

Link is white and fights for the Goddesses against a man of the desert who happens to have the symbol of the Muslims (In the original OoT, it was edited out because of such from all future versions and games)
What symbol would that be?

Generally speaking, Muslims do not believe in using symbols in their mosques (as a part of their theology). The only distinctly Muslim religious symbols would be words from the Koran, with which mosques are often decorated.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
What symbol would that be?

Generally speaking, Muslims do not believe in using symbols in their mosques (as a part of their theology). The only distinctly Muslim religious symbols would be words from the Koran, with which mosques are often decorated.
The symbol they used in Zelda that looked like a moon with a star in it or something

From Zelda Wiki

"It appeared almost identical to a horizontally mirrored version of the symbol commonly used to represent the Islam faith"

Scott!

Smash Lord
For me, probably the most epic moment in Zelda was in WW, actually. This surprises me, but it's true. But after you finish the Tower, when you go below the sea to the castle. It's all frozen, and then you come to the room under the Link statue, accessed by the awesome Triforce puzzle, and there is the stained glass with the sages, and all of that. The game transformed in my mind right then. It went from great to epic awesome. I looked at my sister, who watched me play all the games and knew the stories just as well as I do, and we were both just in epic awe. Epic epic epic.

Interesting. I did always like the crescent moon and star symbol. I played OoT before I could understand the issues there. I can kind of see the parallels. The royalty (Zelda) sends the soldiers (Link) to fight the infidels (Ganon) in the desert. Of course, they fight defensively rather than offensively, to preserve their own land rather than claim more. But yeah, there are similarities.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Interesting. I did always like the crescent moon and star symbol. I played OoT before I could understand the issues there. I can kind of see the parallels. The royalty (Zelda) sends the soldiers (Link) to fight the infidels (Ganon) in the desert. Of course, they fight defensively rather than offensively, to preserve their own land rather than claim more. But yeah, there are similarities.
Probabally more coincidence than anything- and as sand jawas(quote!) have nothing else other than the stars and the moon and night, its not really a surprise that they are a "sign" of a religion, or that the Gerudos would use that as a symbol.

Remember the Spirit Temple? stars and moons all over the place, it was like nighttime Lucky Charms or something.

and for moments, i guess my epic moment was.... The first time I ever beat OoT. That game has a pretty awesome ending. The first time i did the OoT Uber challenge and beat ganon was pretty epic too, but at that point I was more relieved than anything.

Darkslash

Smash Master

That really only applies to Ocarina of Time, partially. The Gerudo aren't really enemies, as they won't shoot to kill on sight, and the ones you fight are just guards. Ganondorf and Twinrova were the really only bad ones.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Did it? Oh yeah, the chanting... I forgot about that. Didn't know it sounded like a prayer though. I always imagined it was the imprisoned Gorons singing some sad Goron song.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
The Fire Temple song merely made it feel more authentic. I know it translated to "I bear witness that there is no God but Allah" and that would've obviously caused some controversy, but the idea of a chant shouldn't have been taken out completely. It should've just been changed to say jibberish and mean nothing. The chanting set a mood for the Fire Temple that the new music can't even hope to obtain.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The original Fire Temple theme is beautiful. I don't care if it is similar (however accurately) to an Islamic chant. Controversy aside, it's a beautiful piece and strengthens the true feel of the Fire Temple. Like Skyler said, gibberish would have been just as easy, and it is unfortunate that they did not use it instead.

By the way, I've been gone for a couple of days because I've been painting for a show that I'm a part of (along with two others). Tonight will be the hardest night as the show is tomorrow, so I suspect I'll get back to you guys come Saturday.

I'll be so relieved, so I apologize if I've come off stressful as of late.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
The Fire Temple song merely made it feel more authentic. I know it translated to "I bear witness that there is no God but Allah" and that would've obviously caused some controversy, but the idea of a chant shouldn't have been taken out completely. It should've just been changed to say jibberish and mean nothing. The chanting set a mood for the Fire Temple that the new music can't even hope to obtain.
I'm about to enter the fire temple in the gamecube version of the game, ironically.

I have to check out what the new music is

c3gill

Smash Ace
The original Fire Temple theme is beautiful. I don't care if it is similar (however accurately) to an Islamic chant. Controversy aside, it's a beautiful piece and strengthens the true feel of the Fire Temple.
This is true not only for the Fire Temple! All of the adult temples in OoT have amazing theme music, and fit their respective temples amazingly. LoZ music is awesome.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom