• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Here is my updated timeline:

As you can see, The Minish Cap, Four Swords, and Four Swords adventures still have no place to fit.
I'd put Link to the past after Zelda 2, but my reasoning is that Ganon got access to the Sacred realm in Link to the past (and Legend of Zelda), something he did not get the chance to in the Child timeline. Your placement does, however, gets around the fact that with my Placement, Ganon dies 3 times.

Oh, that triforce thing in TP? To be fair, outside a bunch of Cameos, the triforce wasn't present in TP. Officially, Ganondorf, Zelda, and Link were blessed by the gods, which takes form of a triforce shape on their dominant hand, Right for Ganondorf and Zelda, and Left for Link (this is assuming that you are using the gamecube version. The Wii version [which I got] has everything mirrored to fit the control scheme [apparent;y flipping everything was easier than altering Link a bit]).

Then again, The triforce makes placing Link to the past in the Child timeline reasonable. In the Child Timeline (IMO), Ganondorf got to the sacred realm and tried to gain control of Hyrule via the triforce, but his arrogant nature and lust for power essentially threw this off and he got stuck with the triforce of power. Again, thank to his arrogance, he immediately tried to take over Hyrule. Unlike in the adult timeline, There was a heads up warning (via Link) and somebody to stop him (again, Link) which meant that his attempt was quelled quickly. Once he died, his followers managed to revive him and allowed him to regain control of the sacred realm. Learning from his past mistakes during his capture and death during events in TP, he focused on building an army until Link to the Past, where he unleashed his plan.

Spire

III
BRoomer
In that TP cutscene, Ganondorf has the Triforce of Power, which he would not have obtained had that scene directly followed OoT. Ganondorf was still searching for the triforce when Link was a kid, so he would not have had if he was disposed of immediately.
He has a point.

How DID Ganondorf get the triforce of power again?
I've addressed this issue before. It perplexes myself, however, it may not be the Triforce of Power, as the Triforce is never even referenced in Twilight Princess. Either a design element/flaw, or a false Triforce of Power. If it was truly the Triforce of Power, don't you think that he would have survived death in the end of the game? Not only is he killed, but he dies because of Zant cutting his tie to him. Just as Zelda gave her soul up to Midna, Ganondorf's was tied to Zant, yet Zant had the upper hand in TP.

Yeah, odds are, he did have the Triforce of Power, and that of course sparks the question, "HOW did he get it?" if Link would never have drawn the Master Sword in the first place. My only real solution to that would be that because the Triforce is based in the Sacred Realm, a realm not tied to either timeline, once it is released, it effects all instances of Time, and hence, Link, too, had the Triforce of Courage during the events of Majora's Mask, and if OoS-LA-OoA are to follow it, in those too. BUT, the Triforce is seen intact in the beginning of OoS/A so that's debunked.

Like I said before, I feel that OoS-LA-OoA takes place after ALttP, but I wanted to explore the possibility of it taking place after MM.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'd put Link to the past after Zelda 2, but my reasoning is that Ganon got access to the Sacred realm in Link to the past (and Legend of Zelda), something he did not get the chance to in the Child timeline. Your placement does, however, gets around the fact that with my Placement, Ganon dies 3 times. Then again, Myamoto said that the original Legend of Zelda and Link to the past occurred in the same timeline (Myamoto order), so in essence, Ganon died 3 times, and how he was revived is still unknown.
If he didn't have access to the sacred realm in the child timeline, why does he have the triforce?

Scott!

Smash Lord
When exactly in the events of OoT does the child timeline split off? Exactly when does Link return? Is it the same time as when you're playing and return? But that would have Ganon already having attacked and forced Zelda to flee. But can it be any earlier? The Door of Time is open, since Link must return through it. Does it being opened perhaps give Ganondorf anything to work with? The Door being open when Link returns indicates that he must return after the attack though...

Perhaps Ganon was lured by Zelda and the sages into getting the Triforce, so they could capture him when he returned. They assumed he wouldn't get the whole thing, of course, knowing the Royal Family story about that. Perhaps they underestimated the power of the Triforce of Power, and the TP cut scene happened. That's all hypothetical, of course.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
When exactly in the events of OoT does the child timeline split off? Exactly when does Link return? Is it the same time as when you're playing and return? But that would have Ganon already having attacked and forced Zelda to flee. But can it be any earlier? The Door of Time is open, since Link must return through it. Does it being opened perhaps give Ganondorf anything to work with? The Door being open when Link returns indicates that he must return after the attack though...

Perhaps Ganon was lured by Zelda and the sages into getting the Triforce, so they could capture him when he returned. They assumed he wouldn't get the whole thing, of course, knowing the Royal Family story about that. Perhaps they underestimated the power of the Triforce of Power, and the TP cut scene happened. That's all hypothetical, of course.
The child timeline begins when Link first met Zelda...

That time you have to sneak into the castle to talk to Zelda after the Great Deku tree dies.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
Yeah, Cuz while Link is away (MM-LA) Ganon can rule over Hyrule and gather the sacred stones to open the Temple of time.
(Talking to myself)

Scott!

Smash Lord
The child timeline begins when Link first met Zelda...

That time you have to sneak into the castle to talk to Zelda after the Great Deku tree dies.
That's implied by the final scene, but Link is clearly shown to return to the past in the Master Sword room, where Navi leaves him. He cannot leave that room unless the Door of Time is opened, which means the 3 Spiritual Stones must have been gathered and are spinning around on the altar, and the Ocarina must have been played. Maybe I'm thinking too hard, or it's just an inconsistency, but I still see a problem here.

Edit @Vulcan: But for Ganon to have gotten the stones, he would have had to marry Ruto! Marrying a minor is probably illegal in Hyrule, so they tried to imprison him... it all makes sense now! :D

Darkslash

Smash Master
He has a point.

How DID Ganondorf get the triforce of power again?
By some cruel twist of fate....or more likely double. Link,Ganon, and Zelda had their respective triforce in Wind Waker, the same could be for TP...but I have another theory.

The Sword of Sages.

Ganondorf being the big evil guy, cannot be killed by other weapons except the Master Sword. So when a weapon thats from the God's hits him(in this case the Sword of Sages) it causes some sort of reacting to his body. He touched something from the Gods, thus something from the sacred realm. As the Triforce of Power was the only Triforce left in the Sacred Realm(Link and Zelda have their pieces), and Ganon fit the Triforce requirement, he ended up with the Triforce of Power.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Spire- your current Timeline- What if LttP was put before OoS, LA and OoA? so child timeline is OoT-MM- LttP- OoS-LA-OoA-TP

In LttP Ganon gets the Triforce, so that could explain how he has The Triforce of Power in TP- I back this up with at the end of LttP, Link touches the completed Triforce. While he has a Pure Heart (turning the Sacred Realm into a Paradise), he may NOT value courage, wisdom, and power all the same. If this was true, he could keep the Triforce of Courage, Zelda gets the Triforce of Wisdom, and Ganondorf recieved the Triforce of Power, but he was left in a subdued state.

As the Oracle games progress, the Twinrova sisters revive Ganondorf in his weakened state, only as Ganon. He is defeated, but the Triforce of Power acts again- he is not dead, again only weakened. He is, in his weakened state, tried by the sages, kills one of them, and banished to the Twilight Realm. The events of Twilight Princess then take place.

LA doesnt really affect this, but Link would have the Triforce of Courage during the game.

Thoughts?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
No more timelines plz! The Legend retold explanation just makes understanding the Zelda universe and all it's inconsistencies (such as the rapid evolution of monsters) much, much easier, especially since the Zelda universe is a ficticious one not bound by timelines.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Because Ganon took over during MM-LA while Link was away. ;D

Makes sense to me. To go along with that, I'll rewrite what I posted. The Triforce exists in the Sacred Realm, protected by a single door - the Master Sword. The Door of Time gives access to the Master Sword, but if you cannot draw it you cannot access The Triforce. Ganondorf knew this in OoT, which is why he set up the events for Link to obtain the three medallions, so he could open the door and retrieve the Master Sword. The Sacred Realm is timeless, which is why as long as Ganon remains in there, he never dies (this can be debated with the fact that Link ages seven years in it). Anyways, the point of this is to reveal that since Ganondorf obtained the Triforce of Power in Adult Link's timeline, he still has it in Young Link's, even though the Master Sword had not been drawn, because all ties to the Sacred Realm are eternal. Don't you think that Link would have alerted Zelda about Ganondorf's power during one of his instances of changing back to a kid after having experienced Ganondorf's power as an adult during OoT?

On another note, I'd like to think that geography plays no role in the order of the games, because we know for a fact that TP is based a century after OoT, yet the geography is different even in it. Ocarina of Time was created as a 3D version of ALttP, with a more refined story and slightly different/altered elements. If they made it with that in mind, then the timeline has really only been established with the emergence of Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Link didn't open the door of time as a child until AFTER Ganondorf striked and Zelda fled, so he couldn't have returned right after that event because Zelda was still there when he got back.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I've addressed this issue before. It perplexes myself, however, it may not be the Triforce of Power, as the Triforce is never even referenced in Twilight Princess. Either a design element/flaw, or a false Triforce of Power. If it was truly the Triforce of Power, don't you think that he would have survived death in the end of the game? Not only is he killed, but he dies because of Zant cutting his tie to him. Just as Zelda gave her soul up to Midna, Ganondorf's was tied to Zant, yet Zant had the upper hand in TP.

Yeah, odds are, he did have the Triforce of Power, and that of course sparks the question, "HOW did he get it?" if Link would never have drawn the Master Sword in the first place. My only real solution to that would be that because the Triforce is based in the Sacred Realm, a realm not tied to either timeline, once it is released, it effects all instances of Time, and hence, Link, too, had the Triforce of Courage during the events of Majora's Mask, and if OoS-LA-OoA are to follow it, in those too. BUT, the Triforce is seen intact in the beginning of OoS/A so that's debunked.
Refer to this. I didn't see yours so yea....

By some cruel twist of fate....

The Sword of Sages.

Ganondorf being the big evil guy, cannot be killed by other weapons except the Master Sword. So when a weapon thats from the God's hits him(in this case the Sword of Sages) it causes some sort of reacting to his body. He touched something from the Gods, thus something from the sacred realm. As the Triforce of Power was the only Triforce left in the Sacred Realm(Link and Zelda have their pieces), and Ganon fit the Triforce requirement, he ended up with the Triforce of Power.
Plus Ganondorf can be only harmed by the Master Sword or a Blade with a similar Makeup(Hero's Shade sword could be the Magic Sword of Loz, they are similar in appearance).

Darkslash

Smash Master
TP kinda always implied a span of more than 100 years between itself and the game before. There are simply not enough landmarks and historical references to the previous game for a 100 year span to be realistic IMO.
We don't know if what happened during those 100 years. Continental drift maybe faster than in our world, though its unlikely seeing how freaking big Hyrule Castle is.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
TP kinda always implied a span of more than 100 years between itself and the game before. There are simply not enough landmarks and historical references to the previous game for a 100 year span to be realistic IMO.
I'm guessing they mostly just retconned how Hyrule looked rather than having it change that dramatically.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think that Raura may refer to the Twilight Realm in Ocarina of Time. In the ending, he says, "Ancient creators of Hyrule! Now, open the sealed door and send the Evil Incarnation of Darkness into the void of the Evil Realm!!"

I really cannot say that he is referring to the Sacred Realm, because he is in the Light Temple, which is in the Sacred Realm. Why would he refer to the realm that he, and the other Sages are in as the "Evil Realm"? A Link to the Past states that Ganon was sealed in the Dark World, or Ganon's corrupted version of the Sacred Realm. Judging from the strong resemblance between ALttP and TP (THEY BOTH HAVE TP HAWHAW), I'd like to say that this "Dark World" referenced in ALttP is actually the Twilight Realm, so either a) ALttP takes place between OoT and TP on the Child Timeline, or b) Ganon's soul was sealed away again in the Twilight Realm at the end of TP (highly unlikely, as Midna would not allow it).

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Here comes the monkey wrench in your theory. In Link to the past, any person who entered the Dark realm will morph into an incarnation of their inner self (in the case of Gaonondorf and the men he lured, they became monsters. In the Case of Link, a pink Bunny). The twilight realm has a different effect, as any light Creature either morphs into a twilight Beast (In the case of Bulbins and pesky enemies) or a lost Spirit (in the case of The Humans, the Gorons, The Zoras, and the Monkeys). Ganondorf's blessing allows him to be aware of his surroundings despite being a spirit (As seen by his soul conniving Zant that He is a god and wants to help). Zelda's blessing allowed her to bypass the thing completely. In terms of Protection from Twilight, Link's is better than Ganondorf's (In terms that he has a physical form) but less than Zelda's (in that he morphs into a physical manifestation of his soul [also unlike Link to the past, this is a wolf instead of a bunny, and unfortunately, Humans are typically outright terrified of Wolves, not knowing that the vice versa is also true]).

While the Mechanic of Link stays similar (Changing into a Physical incarnation of their soul), everybody else, isn't. In essence, the Realm referenced in Orcania of time is the Dark world, which is the majority of the Sacred realm that has been corrupted By Ganon. Either way, the fact that Ganondorf managed to get into the Sacred realm implies that Link to the past occurs after Adventure of Link, which we place at the end of the adult timeline, as it is a bit easier to explain how he got there (Ganon was revived in the Dark world, AGAIN!).

The problem now is how did Ganondorf get the Triforce in TP? Answer: he didn't. The Goddesses bless certain creatures (Hylians have special ears to listen to them, but outside that, they're pretty much humans [why practically nobody in TP considered a difference between the two]. Big example) The goddesses decided to bless whoever personifies them the most (who personifies power the most, etc.). Unfortunately (and Predictably), Ganondorf is the ultimate personification of power, and was blessed by Din, in what ultimately can either be described as a divine prank, or more accurately, a divine accident. The good news, is that (also predictably), Nayru blessed the princess Zelda and even better, Faore blessed an Ordin farm boy named Link.

OK, new theory. During the Great Cataclysm, the Triforce pieces were scattered across the paradox, so (until his execution), even Ganondorf didn't know he had the triforce piece.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Why doesn't Gannondorf ever get his triforce taken away?

I mean, it should be removable, according to Windwaker (in which Link only needed his triforce of courage at the very end), and nobody wants gannondorf reincarnated with the triforce of power a twelf time.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
@Spire like 7 pages ago
Actually I'd say that AoL is very important to the timeline. The Japanese manual of AoL calls the Zelda Shodai. Which means First Generation. So that Zelda has to be either the first Zelda of the series or the first Zelda of new Hyrule after tWW. Also I recommend reading the translations. You can go here to see translations, translated manuals, maps, translations of the LttP box. Only have the OoX translation right now. I'm working on getting more, though.

OoX also seems to be very important. If the Yorishiro mentioned in the Japanese version is the trident then it HAS to have OoX before FSA on the same timeline.

I'd say that seperating the games into Core, Sub and Third really doesn't help anything. If you look at one as a lesser canon than another you may not notice things.

Also note that FSA takes place on a small island. And it bares a ridiculous similarity to LttP. It really should go FSA-LttP for many reasons. I'm a little lazy right now. But if it matters a lot I can list them another time.

Now to attempt to disprove the timeline you posted on page 109.

Ok so:
/tWW/PH-LoZ/AoL
OoT
\MM/OoS/LA/OoA-TP-LttP

Ok I'll focus on MM/OoS/LA/OoA
Well there is the full triforce in Hyrule in OoS and OoA. How did the Triforce get there in such a short time? LA says that you returned peace to Hyrule from defeating the J(y)aaku no Ou Ganon. King of Evil. Ganon only got this title in the AT.
Ganon is dead in the beginning of OoX.
In OoS-LA Link never defeated Ganon.
Ganon never touched the Triforce in the Child Timeline. How did he get his demon form?
Zelda in OoX doesn't know Link.
Where does Ganon come from and why is he being resurrected if he never died?
Why are Ganon's titles so screwed up? He is a Daimaou in OoX (even though he hasn't touched the Triforce so he hasn't had a chance to become a Daimaou), then a J(y)aaku no Ou in LA, then a Daimaou again in OoA then he proclaims the title of Yami no Maou (Demon King of Darkness) then for no reason his title is (**** I don't completely remember what his title was in TP. I wanna say that it was something beast) and then he is a Yami no Maou again in LttP.

How does Ganon go from being Ganon and dead to being alive and Ganondorf for the TP backstory?

Now I will attempt to disprove TP-LttP

Why is there a broken Four Sword in LttP?
Why does Ganon get stuck in the sages seal if the seal was never cast?
When was the Imprisoning/Seal War?
How does the Triforce get to the Sacred Realm?

"Ancient creators of Hyrule! Now, open the sealed door and send the Evil Incarnation of Darkness into the void of the Evil Realm!!"
The Evil Realm is stated to be the Sacred Realm transformed by Ganon...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Sign of Madness - The reason Ganondorf is alive and well is because in the timeline TP fallows, Link NEVER traveled to the future and defeated Ganondorf. At the end of OoT, Link is returned back to his childhood and certain events prevent the dark future he experienced from happening. (Technically he DID travel, but none of those events took place...chronologically)

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Wow that is a lot. Well, Oracle of ages and Seasons took place in a land outside Hyrule. Here's my view on the Child timeline:

-Ocarina of time takes place (Link warns of future, triforce gets spread across Child timeline in accordance to who personifies which piece most thanks to Ganondorf Splitting it in Adult timeline)
-Ganondorf survives execution, bainished to twilight realm
-Majora's Mask takes place

New Link:
-Oracle of Seasons/Ages saves respective land
-Link sails to other land
-Link's ship is wrecked in process
-Link's awakening occurs
-Link makes it to other land
-Oracle of Ages/Seasons occur
-Link Stops Twinrova from freeing Ganondorf from Twilight Realm
-Twinrova Sacrifice themselves, creating a completely insane Ganon instead of rescuing Ganondorf
-Link Destroys this Ganon

New Link:
-Twilgiht Princess occurs

The Break between Links can be a generation long or so.

And the Adult timeline:

-Ocarina of time (Look, do I have to explain this)
No Link is around for some time:
-Ganondorf escapes Sacred Realm (Seal has been broken ever since Ocarina of time, even in the Child timeline, allowing the Triforce to do whatever the **** it did)
-Goddesses flood Hyrule, force most creatures to higher ground. Morph Zoras into another species to prevent Hyrule From being rediscovered

New Link:
-Wind waker occurs
-Phantom Hourglass occurs
-Link and Tetra discover new land, Named it Hyrule*

**New Link:
-Legend of Zelda takes place
-Adventure of Link takes place

New Link (I'll explain this one later):
-Link to the past takes place

I decided to have a gap between Adventure of Link and Link to the past to have a way to explain how Ganon was revived in Link to the past. The revival spell apparently requires that you spill the blood of the Killer to revive someone (in this case Link), so it took as long as it took this Link to actually die to do so, as a Dead man can't defend themselves as well as a live one. If they found a different spell that Didn't require Link's remains, the age of this Link is younger than Zelda II Link's, which infers that this is a new one. Either way, it could be a gap of around a generation. Even with Magic, Life expectancy can't be that high.

* it is inferred that They actually do discover a new land.
** this is a loose atachment, in case they don't

Vaati timeline:
Minish cap
Four swords
Four Sword adventures

Note: There is currently no known place to put the Vaati timeline, as there isn't any real connection to the rest of the timeline, sans recurring Characters. As far as I know, this takes place in another dimension! I just named it after the Main antagonist for no real reason!

Unless Nintendo Proves otherwise, it is possibly the best any person new to this series has got, and possibly the most accurate period.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
In that TP cutscene, Ganondorf has the Triforce of Power, which he would not have obtained had that scene directly followed OoT. Ganondorf was still searching for the triforce when Link was a kid, so he would not have had if he was disposed of immediately.
How does Spire, the artist, not understand why this was put in? It is meant to show that the triforce, like Link, Ganon, and Zelda, are eternal -- the triforce of courage will always exist in Link, the triforce of wisdom will always exist in Zelda, and the triforce of power will always exist in Ganon.

Darkslash

Smash Master
The Evil Realm is stated to be the Sacred Realm transformed by Ganon...
So they send him to the front doors of the Light Temple? I don't think so.

Also another thing about Ganondorf, he was wearing gloves. Link's Triforce was pretty light and you really couldn't see it. Its not until he gets attacked by that Shadow Beast until it becomes visible and you can still see through the glove. The same applies for Zelda. If it applies to those 2, then I think it can also apply to Ganondorf. All he needed was something to trigger his triforce. And in this case it was almost near death, like in Link's situation.

EDIT: Link's glove was pretty thick. Looked like it was at least an inch of leather. How light can get pass that and still not diluted is beyond me.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Sign of Madness - The reason Ganondorf is alive and well is because in the timeline TP fallows, Link NEVER traveled to the future and defeated Ganondorf. At the end of OoT, Link is returned back to his childhood and certain events prevent the dark future he experienced from happening. (Technically he DID travel, but none of those events took place...chronologically)
I'm not talking about OoT-MM-TP. I'm talking about Spire's timeline. Where he has MM-OoS-LA-OoA. Ganon was killed in OoX. And is alive in TP. Which makes no sense in his timeline. Especially since him getting rezzed if he hasn't died yet makes even less sense.
So they send him to the front doors of the Light Temple? I don't think so.
It doesn't matter what you think. He got sent to the Evil Realm. The Evil Realm is the Sacred Realm transformed by Ganon. Which means he got sent to the Sacred Realm.

Oh crap I didn't read all the posts.
-Link Stops Twinrova from freeing Ganondorf from Twilight Realm
lolwut? Twinrova specifically states that they are resurrecting Ganon.

c3gill

Smash Ace
Ganon was killed in OoX. And is alive in TP. Which makes no sense in his timeline. Especially since him getting rezzed if he hasn't died yet makes even less sense.
How many games does Ganon(dorf) die in? LoZ, he isnt revived in AoL, LttP he dies, LA he isnt in, OoT he is send to the Evil Realm, MM hes not in, Oracle games he dies, TP he dies, WW he dies, FS and FSA hes not in (to my knowledge, i dont really give a **** about these 2 games), and PH hes not in.

In 5 games he dies, out of the 6 games (oracle games count as 1) where he appears as the main Antagonist. He doesnt need Twinrova to bring him back to life (except in the Oracle games, which is the connecter between the 2). He has to either reincarnate or be brought back to life by the power of the triforce.

Assuming places in the timeline simply because Ganon is dead or alive in the previous game is absurd. We MUST assume he is either reincarnated or the triforce will not let him actually die.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I'm not talking about OoT-MM-TP. I'm talking about Spire's timeline. Where he has MM-OoS-LA-OoA. Ganon was killed in OoX. And is alive in TP. Which makes no sense in his timeline. Especially since him getting rezzed if he hasn't died yet makes even less sense.
I think we have come to the conclusion that Ganondorf was reborn. He is after all a Male Gerudo. and because Ganondorf looked to be about 20's-30's a 100 years doesn't seem much when put with Hyrule. You also gotta remember that Ganondorf's imprisonment in TP could of been mere months, seeing as the sage's are still mourning the death of the Water Sage.

It doesn't matter what you think. He got sent to the Evil Realm. The Evil Realm is the Sacred Realm transformed by Ganon. Which means he got sent to the Sacred Realm.
So if my opinion doesn't count, yours doesn't either am I right?

Link defeats Gannondorf and is sent to the EVIL REALM which possibly is the Twilight Realm. Link and Zelda share a moment in the Sacered Realm, because Ganondorf is sealed away, the sacred realm turns back to normal. Also if he got sent to the sacred realm you have to think of these questions.

1)Why the heck did the sages' leave? If Ganondorf was sent to the sacred Realm and the only way to get back into Hyrule is by the light temple, shouldn't the sages kept guard?

2)Where did Adult Link and Adult Zelda have their farewell? They were clearly standing in a beautiful place. It clearly wasn't a dream stance either.

I don' t think the Sage's were that dumb. If they were then what the hell.

Vulcan55

Smash Lord
How does Spire, the artist, not understand why this was put in? It is meant to show that the triforce, like Link, Ganon, and Zelda, are eternal -- the triforce of courage will always exist in Link, the triforce of wisdom will always exist in Zelda, and the triforce of power will always exist in Ganon.
That sounds like BS.
Ganon didn't have it yet, and never had it. If he really was "executed" right after kid zelda told the King, he would have never discovered it. In the TP scene he knew he had it, hence the laughing. If he knew he already had it before, he wouldn't need to look for it.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
"What's so interesting about each Zelda game, is that it's a retelling of the same story. You know how throughout history, stories and legends all tend to change a little? This is the reasoning for each Zelda game I think... it's literally as if a different person is telling their understand of what happened... like a game of Telephone. "

http://wii.ign.com/articles/955/955082p1.html

theunabletable

Smash Lord
I'm only going by what the evidence is.
the heart of one who enters it...
If an evil heart, the Realm will
become full of evil; if pure,
the Realm will become a paradise.
The Triforce...the sacred triangle...
it is a balance that weighs the
three forces:
The Realm will turn evil. You do understand the implication of that, right?
However, now that Ganon, who touched the Triforce, has fallen, the World of Darkness shall disappear as well.
That is from LttP. Now let's look at the evidence, shall we?

The Sacred Realm will become full of evil if an evil person enters it. In LttP the Sacred Realm is full of evil because Ganon entered it. There is a seal on the SR in LttP. Ganondorf is sealed in a place called the Evil Realm.

I don't actually see any reason in believing that the TR is the place where Ganondorf was sealed.
1)Why the heck did the sages' leave? If Ganondorf was sent to the sacred Realm and the only way to get back into Hyrule is by the light temple, shouldn't the sages kept guard?
Why would they need to?
2)Where did Adult Link and Adult Zelda have their farewell? They were clearly standing in a beautiful place. It clearly wasn't a dream stance either.
Why, exactly, does that matter?
How many games does Ganon(dorf) die in? LoZ, he isnt revived in AoL, LttP he dies, LA he isnt in, OoT he is send to the Evil Realm, MM hes not in, Oracle games he dies, TP he dies, WW he dies, FS and FSA hes not in (to my knowledge, i dont really give a **** about these 2 games), and PH hes not in.
Well considering I've explained it well I'd say it is fine.

Remember, in OoX Ganon is resurrected. And his soul is put into an object. In FSA Ganondorf touches the Trident and becomes the Yami no Maou (Which is OoX Ganon). He is sealed in the Four Sword in FSA. In LttP he is killed, yes.
Also note that in BS LoZ it actually gives the same backstory for Ganon as LttP does. So he could have escaped the seal. Which also works quite well for tWW-LoZ.

So in my timeline every single Ganon death and resurrection is explained. That timeline has 2 unexplained deaths, unexplained Triforce, unexplained titles, unexplained water, unexplained seal and an unexplained war.
@Halloween Captain
Funny, though, that all Zeldas (or their remakes) have connections to each other in one way or another.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
@Halloween Captain
Funny, though, that all Zeldas (or their remakes) have connections to each other in one way or another.
Not really.

I mean, if you retell a legend, it would have a lot of links to other versions of the legends. Although I will admit that the story might be told in an "and then" style, it is actually very common for themes to transfer from one telling to another.

An example of this is the enemy design. An enemy will always have the same name and basic structure, but all the details and even many fundamentals would be dramatically different.

This is most apparent in the style of the world each game describes. OoT is a magical fairy tale realm, which tends to have a lot of depth and quite a bit of darkness. Most likely told by a parent to a child. Windwaker was most likely told by a child, a dreamer of the high-seas and pirates who imagines the world as a cartoon. Twilight Princess is the epic, told by the master poet with strong emphasis on leaving an impression of epicness and awe in the on-looker.

EDIT: even if there is a timeline, it would be skewered by the storyteller, who contradicts the previous storytellers in some pretty blatantly obvious ways.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
Not really.
I guess the Seal War, the developer confirmed split, the confirmed sequels, the trident, the titles, the differences in land size, the similarities between FSA and LttP, the connections between tMC and OoX, the connections between TRR and OoX, the tWW backstory, the TP backstory, the FSA back story, the connections between Ganons and Maze Island all mean nothing, huh?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I guess the Seal War, the developer confirmed split, the confirmed sequels, the trident, the titles, the differences in land size, the similarities between FSA and LttP, the connections between tMC and OoX, the connections between TRR and OoX, the tWW backstory, the TP backstory, the FSA back story, the connections between Ganons and Maze Island all mean nothing, huh?
Actually, my main objection to the LoZ timeline theories is that they are too complex, and don't really grasp the core concept of the game. I was very confused about the theories being discussed, and don't really see the point of the timeline, especially considering the amount of complexity it requires, when there are such blatant contradictions to the theory within the games.

1. enemy structure - enemies of the same name undergo a million years of evolution within a timeline that suggests only 100 between games.

2. Geography - once again, if there is a timeline, then there must be at least 500 years between games with significantly different geographies.

3. nature of the triforce - no amount of timelining will explain how the triforce is a birthright in some games and a physical object in others.

Actually the triforce issue is the biggest problem with any timeline. Without resolving the triforce problems, it is impossible to place the Zelda's sequentially. The only explanation that allows for the physics for both triforce understandings is two completely different but parallel Zelda universes, one in which the triforce is an object, and one in which people are choosen to weild it.

Spire

III
BRoomer
No need to be an elitist, Sign of Madness, and the same can go for you Vulcan. No need in marking others with slander and complete objection when none of us can truly be correct. There's a difference between dissecting, analyzing, and distributing information and forcibly disproving another to rectify your own belief. Is it joyous to shoot down another so that your belief may be upheld? Let me use a grand metaphor for this situation.

The Declaration of Independence. Nintendo are the Framers, and The Legend of Zelda, the Declaration of Independence. We are the governors that uphold The Legend of Zelda and continue to interpret it, scrutinizing the ideals and possible concepts behind its writing. We cannot know the truth, as the truth continues to change with time, be it through the words of Nintendo, its author, or our own. Nothing is definite, as all things continue to change with time. Ultimately, it is up to those who express their love for that certain something, to continue to exercise their ability to read into it for insight, inspiration, and spiritual progression.

The Legend of Zelda is a fine art in my eyes, yet it continues to change with every release of a new chapter, and I will continue to read into these chapters over, and over again to connect that which is most important to me.

The "no timeline" theory is truer than any other, but simultaneously, any timeline theory is true, as it lies simply in the reader's interpretation of the concepts held within the saga - but more importantly, how they interpret it and what they choose to interpret. For instance, what matters most to me is the land. Not the people, but the land and how it changes, which is why - in the past - I've constructed so many theories based on it. If the land is more important to me than Ganon's mortality, then a timeline I construct around it is as true as any other.

Nothing is definite, and the Legend of Zelda has been written time and time again in many forms to continue to feed our imaginations and love for the series, and for whatever elements that comprise it are the most important to us, as individuals, be it the land, the people, the creatures, or what have you.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Wow I missed 10 pages on posts.

I have to agree with Mr. Captain

EDIT: And Spire for that matter.

There will always be some mistakes in any timeline theory that will screw it completely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom