• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalark

SNORLAX
Now everybody hails those as classic and the best ever.
It really depends on where you are. On some Zelda forums I've been on people dismiss MM as "a side-story" and AoL as "an interesting (or failed) experiment" while people in other places say they're the best thing since bread.

I'm personally in the "they're awesome" camp.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Word. Majora's Mask is definitely the only game worthy of being a sequel to OoT. TP and WW shouldn't be considered direct 100 year sequels IMO.

Lol, Spire is starting to use more slang. Next thing we know he is gonna start saying *****.

IYM!

Smash Lord
would be great if nintendo make the third part of the ocarina series

i mean, first come ocarina, after majoras mask, and after"put a name for the end of trilogy"

i feel sad for dont know where exactly is Ocarina of time Link, and how his travel end

Spire

III
BRoomer
They should NOT mess with something like that.
Why not? MM wasn't exactly the perfect ending to the Hero of Time's tale. It was a sidequest. It was originally created as "Zelda: Gaiden" meaning "Zelda side-quest". I could imagine quite a few ways that they could wrap up the Hero of Time's story. Zelda is all about 'three' and the Hero of Time is quite obviously the most widely recognized and celebrated Links in the series. It would do the character quite some justice to extend his journey into one more game to form a trilogy.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
No, if that were to happen no matter how good the game is, it will always be the ending to the Hero of Time that messed up big time.

I'm not like that. But from what I've seen with TP responses on how "bad" the game is, I wouldn't want for another Zelda game to go through that. So let's just leave it to imagination.

Spire

III
BRoomer
No, if that were to happen no matter how good the game is, it will always be the ending to the Hero of Time that messed up big time.

I'm not like that. But from what I've seen with TP responses on how "bad" the game is, I wouldn't want for another Zelda game to go through that. So let's just leave it to imagination.
Thanks for justifying that your opinion is the absolute best and that you know what's best. Nintendo has actually explored the idea of a sequel to MM before. Did you know that early on in TP's development, it was actually supposed to be a sequel to MM? They scrapped that idea and bumped it up a century or so later in the timeline. I would not be the least bit surprised if they return to this idea later on.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I didn't say I had the best opinion.

And, no, I did not know that little tidbit about TP. I think though that the more they force a timeline the less appealing the game becomes. Twilight Princess was an extremely fun games and awesome but will never gain the credit it thoroughly deserves becaus it played off of the success of OoT. I think if it was its own seperate game it would have made for a better story.

I thought WW was able to pull it off though. With the story of The Hero of Time and the truth about Ganon's intentions.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
If it was Square Enix or Namco making the game I'd say **** no, but Nintendo could make it work. They rarely flunk games really bad and mess everything up.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I didn't say I had the best opinion.

And, no, I did not know that little tidbit about TP. I think though that the more they force a timeline the less appealing the game becomes. Twilight Princess was an extremely fun games and awesome but will never gain the credit it thoroughly deserves becaus it played off of the success of OoT. I think if it was its own seperate game it would have made for a better story.

I thought WW was able to pull it off though. With the story of The Hero of Time and the truth about Ganon's intentions.
WW pulled it off because Nintendo wanted to experiment. TP did not do so well because it was full of fan service. Regardless, both play off OoT equally. Risk usually pays off as seen with WW and so far with SS. Everyone wanted TP2 (basically) with Zelda Wii, but instead we got what Nintendo wanted to do and I respect that.

IYM!

Smash Lord
Why not? MM wasn't exactly the perfect ending to the Hero of Time's tale. It was a sidequest. It was originally created as "Zelda: Gaiden" meaning "Zelda side-quest". I could imagine quite a few ways that they could wrap up the Hero of Time's story. Zelda is all about 'three' and the Hero of Time is quite obviously the most widely recognized and celebrated Links in the series. It would do the character quite some justice to extend his journey into one more game to form a trilogy.
totaly agree with this,

Remember, the Link´journy began for one reason, find navi, and the termina events, only was a side quest of his travel

What happen with Link after?
He was able to find navi?
he will come back to hyrule to meet again with Zelda and all his old friends?

is very sad saw this "unfinished" ending for the greatest Link ever

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Your right it is kinda sad, but I stand by my opinion.

I was playing MM the other day, walking around Clock Town thinking like **** this is the perfect place to run around and shoot stuff. Then I thought, what if they made Mario paintball? If they did then Clock Town would be a perfect stage IMO.

IDK random thought. But, it would be awesome!

EDIT: Indigo-Go's Skit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jub8czdoQhQ&feature=grec_index&videos=wNKS-29NdE0

Masky

Smash Master
Well, I've been playing Oracle of Ages recently, and omg this game is ridiculous. The dungeons are amazing except for stupid puzzles where you have to move a statue or something and there's no way to know you're supposed to. The dungeons and maps are very challenging/confusing... how did they expect little kids to be able to beat this game? :confused:

edit: that Indigo-Go video was ridiculous lol

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
The handhelds are ridiculously intense.

I had Oracle of Ages and Link's Awakening. I never beat either of them because of how insanely difficult they were.

The new ones are jokes when comparing the difficulty.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
@Masky I have never played OoX but some of the megaman games have a similar problem in that the game is so overly complicated that no kid under 10 will beat it and yet the story is written for 8 year olds. I know that zelda's over all story line is not a child story line but it felt good to get that complaint at megaman off my chest.

Spire

III
BRoomer
@Masky I have never played OoX but some of the megaman games have a similar problem in that the game is so overly complicated that no kid under 10 will beat it and yet the story is written for 8 year olds. I know that zelda's over all story line is not a child story line but it felt good to get that complaint at megaman off my chest.
Well I was 10 when I beat Oracle of Ages and while I never played Seasons, it is comparatively easier.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I hope he levels up soon, because for some reason so many I's in a row is bothersome. What happened to cause the level up, Spire?

:034:

Spire

III
BRoomer
I hope he levels up soon, because for some reason so many I's in a row is bothersome. What happened to cause the level up, Spire?

:034:
According to Evil Eye, it's because I saw Inception. Truthfully I just did it because I've been on a FFVIII nostalgia kick lately.
Don't forget that when you're a little kid you have a lot more free time to spend playing a game all day. I beat a lot of games back in the day that I wouldn't even try to beat nowadays.
Yeah totally. There are a ton of games out I know I would be playing if I was a kid, but I just don't because of the lack of time... and because Blockbuster is pretty much out of business now.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Blockbuster outta business?

That's news to me.

When did this happen?

My sister's ex-husband and I would always go to Blockbuster and just be in chill there. Awww man those were good times. Now my sister is a ***** about everything.

libertyernie

Smash Ace
I'm on the 8th dungeon in OoA right now. I thought it was harder than LA, but then I've beaten LA several times since I've gotten it. And I just realized that using the Ember Seeds on a Gibdo makes it into a Stalfos.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Wait, what?

Skyler is a pimp? He doesn't even have the pimpin skillz..........

Or does he?

Skyler you can get a ***** to suck your **** right now?

Lol j/j don't infract me. But, no I do not check the pool room.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Well it's just Skyler had a bunch of pics with girls. And he was saying how it's the girls who ask / want to take pictures with him.

So I thought I'd share how our resident Moderator is a pimp.
Not that Spire isn't as cool or anything. Spire.<3

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Lol, unfortunately guys, Spire just put in a request to resign :(

But thanks for calling me a pimp I guess? Haha, never really looked at it that way, but alright.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Yeah, I need to announce it already. I am resigning as a mod. It's been fun guys.

May the
tri
force be with you all.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

WTF??? Spire don't please don't resign I beg you!!!!!

Please don't. Even if you don't have the time for these boards or something stay as mod. Your the only mod that understands me. I lied. Your the mod that understands me best, I don't even understand myself.

But, if you do happen to resign. Please ban me for a day before you resign.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Please don't. Even if you don't have the time for these boards or something stay as mod. Your the only mod that understands me. I lied. Your the mod that understands me best, I don't even understand myself.

hahahahaha.

dammit, I don't have anything else to add but I got infracted last time I just laughed at someone.

I hope you will stick around and keep posting Spire! You're one of my favorite peeps on the boards.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer

Hahaha, what? Didn't expect this to happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom