• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Yeah, I was looking for the GBA port with FS. As far as FSA goes, my Gamestop had it a year ago, but I decided to by WW instead. Now all they have at Gamestop is WW and TP. Basically, to get all the LoZ games, I just need to get ALttP, LA, FS, FSA, and the OoX. So.....nevermind. That's 6 games. I guess I'll resort to ebay.

:034:

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
I've actually considered getting those, along with the side games, just so I could play every Zelda game. But for those I'd need a new, outdated system and there are a bunch of Japan-only side games that I really don't feel like getting or playing, so I'll just stick with the main stuff.

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Lolwut?

10oxymorons
Uh, as in I'd need to buy a system that I didn't previously have (new). This would be a waste of money just for 3 games. But the system is also super old and outdated (old). This makes it hard to find, just enforcing how pointless it would be.

pickle962

Smash Lord
Yeah no, you want to stay away from the CD-I games no matter what unless you like collecting rare ****. They all suck really hard.
Don't forget that they're a good source for making youtube poop. Back on topic, I beat zelda 1 last night. Ganon's easy as pie. I now have that checked off my list of things I want to do this summer. Also, I'm doing good in Zelda 2. I'm at the fifth palace and have only had 9 continues in the game so far. Hopefully, I'll beat it soon, because I only have 2 and half weeks left of summer vacation because school starts early in august where I live.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
What is your secret to playing Link? I feel stupid for asking, but I never could get it down. It never made sense how Link or Ike are so slow, but the lack of speed kills me. Maybe I just fail at camping.

I got to play Twilight Princess soon... ugh

That picture says at least a thousand words.

Mewter

Smash Master
Camp like crazy and stay in the middle of the stage. Never use slow moves. Never follow your opponent off the stage/stuff like that.

Or you could do what Luigitoilet said and all of your problems will be solved.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Camp like crazy and stay in the middle of the stage. Never use slow moves. Never follow your opponent off the stage/stuff like that.

Or you could do what Luigitoilet said and all of your problems will be solved.
I main the Toon as is, and I guess that'd never work for me. (Camping, that is)

Well....

I have Four Sword Adventures! :D I'd let you borrow it, if you lived near me, lol.

:089:

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
play melee? lol I'm probs the only melee player in the zelda forum
I played it a lot, but I lost my disc, and too lazy to buy another one. I'm a firm believer it's better than Brawl though, in many ways.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Ignore the fanboys, TP was actually pretty good.
I played it the other day for the first time in a long time and man, it is an awesome game. This time, it felt so much more its own rather than an "OoT clone" as it has been dubbed. The atmosphere of the Twilight is impeccable, ingeniously crafted, and undeniably sorrowful. I love it immensely. I think my favorite part of the entire game is when you're venturing through the Twilight in Eldin Province, specifically Kakariko Village. No, I think that is my favorite part of the entire franchise. It struck a chord with me like no other when I first played it and still does.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
What is your secret to playing Link? I feel stupid for asking, but I never could get it down. It never made sense how Link or Ike are so slow, but the lack of speed kills me. Maybe I just fail at camping.
Link's key points are spacing. Not necessarily camping. Use great advantage of your Zair to provide offensive and defensive distancing between you and your opponent, and learn to follow up quickly, since Link is a slow character.

At least, that's what I remember.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
The secret to playing Link, use lots of Dair and Zair.

Toon Link won't advance your Link game any. They are both extremes. Link extremely Slow and Heavy. TL extremely Fast and Floaty.

As for TP sucking................

TP doesn't suck. You suck. Quote this.

Oh and SSB64 > Melee > Brawl

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
The secret to playing Link, use lots of Dair and Zair.

Toon Link won't advance your Link game any. They are both extremes. Link extremely Slow and Heavy. TL extremely Fast and Floaty.

As for TP sucking................

TP doesn't suck. You suck. Quote this.

Oh and SSB64 > Melee > Brawl
I think my problem is I've always been fast paced at any game ever. I loved Ninja on any RPG, fighting games I always loved to be fast and weak over strong and slow, etc etc.

For some reason Link felt fairly fast in Melee >_>;

I was young then, don't hate! Also, TP is good, I just miss my WW.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
No, you're correct, Shimazu. Link was definitely faster in Melee.

Also, Dair is more situational than anything. The lag time is too ridiculous and in some cases even a perfectly executed Dair won't net you a kill. Using Dair for edgegaming is absolutely addicting, though. Only if you can do it properly.
This was moreso in Brawl than in Melee.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Oh yeah, I agree with you 100% but it's his best kill move top 5 Dairs in the game. If you can get the hang of him his aerial game is nasty. Boomerang is also the best option for setting up kills and combos.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Oh yeah, I agree with you 100% but it's his best kill move top 5 Dairs in the game. If you can get the hang of him his aerial game is nasty. Boomerang is also the best option for setting up kills and combos.
Very true. The Boomerang was much better in Melee. The fact that there's no return damage in the Gale Boomerang made me very sad.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
I like to throw the boomerang behind my opponent when I'm at the edge. grab the edge and watch them like wtf? Even if they don't fly off the ledge this is perfect to get you back on the stage.

Man, do any of you play wi-fi?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I love Toon Link's Dair. It's so much fun (Links is slow) Comboing the A-A-A then up DAir is fun, but it has a bit of lag on the forward hit/Dair

Wifi is laggy, and im incredibly rusty. You guys would own me.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I like to throw the Boomerang behind my opponent when I'm at the edge. Grab the edge and watch them like wtf? Even if they don't fly off the ledge this is perfect to get you back on the stage.

Man, do any of you play Wi-Fi?
That's true. It's slighly riskier than just using Nair or Bair before recovering though. In my opinion.

I lost Nintendo Wi-Fi almost a year ago. Wi-Fi play wasn't evnen that good, either.

Mewter

Smash Master
I play Wi-Fi. :D

That'd be really cool if we could all get online and have a FFA with just Links. :)

I like to use Nair. It's fun with fast-falling.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I play Wi-Fi. :D

That'd be really cool if we could all get online and have a FFA with just Links. :)

I like to use Nair. It's fun with fast-falling.
Well looks like I'm out, haha.
My Youtube channel has my Brawl Link from 2008-2009. If you are the least bit interested, haha.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Lol, I dropped Link after my second tournament I had mained him since the game came out.

Then I mained TL for a while, but he wasn't the same. His Dair's took a while to get used to.....

Now I main Diddy Kong!!!!

In Brawl + though, I main Ganon and Link. Somebody **** with me please? Y'all can't handle my power and courage.

Mewter

Smash Master
I wish I could, Kingdom Come, but I don't have a Wii that I can use at the moment. :O
I'll VM you when I can though, and maybe we can work out a time then.

My real main is Lucario though.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So I'm considering taking a rap song an altering it to fit LoZ. (I'm quite good at this, I took Diamonds are Forever and made a nerd song lol)

>_> Any suggestions to what song?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Oh can I help you with this project?

And, may I recommend Heart of The City by Jay-Z
Hmmm. I actually had several ideas:

Notorious Thugs (By Notorious, Bone Thugs, not the emo version) But I'd probably make it Zelda/PoKeMoN/Metroid due to its length

Loose Yourself - Eminem..can't spell lol

That's a good idea as well, and you're welcome too =p

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Lol, I love how people would hate on Zelda 2 and Majora's Mask.

Now everybody hails those as classic and the best ever.

I have yet to play Z2. But MM is #2 on my list.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Lol, I love how people would hate on Zelda 2 and Majora's Mask.

Now everybody hails those as classic and the best ever.

I have yet to play Z2. But MM is #2 on my list.
I beat OoT/MM this summer for my first time. I love OoT to death, but Fierce Deity Link is...godly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom