• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
Zelda 2 can be got as a GBA game, or with the collector's disk. It's super hard though, but very memorable. It puts the Water Temple in OoT to shame.

Speaking of the Water Temple, I actually had little trouble with it. I guess I just got lucky (I didn't use a guide or anything), because when I looked back I saw that if I hadn't stumbled upon this one key hidden away I would have had a difficult time having to run all the way back to get it. I actually beat the boss without getting hit too often (no times that I can remember, but maybe once or twice). However, Dark Link drove me insane. Everything I did he'd just do better. And then a friend suggested the hammer. "How's that going to work? He does everything faster than me, and that hammer is so slow!" Well, I tried it and it worked. After that the temple was fairly easy.

Dark Link in AoL though....hehe. Just sit in the corner and duck if you're trying to simply beat the game. If you manage to get to him with enough life and feel up to the challenge, feel free to not do that, but you may get extremely frustrated.

:034:
Yeah. It is so difficult to get to Dark Link with the three lives you are given. By the time I got to him, I didn't screw around. I went right into the corner and stabbed the hell out of his knees.

The boss right before that, Thunderbird, is a total joke though once you know the secret.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Thunderbird does look like the most epic boss the Legend of Zelda has ever seen. It's insane looking, like something out of Final Fantasy.

Just found this image:

Doesn't exactly resemble the sprite, but I realize that I love how Link looks in this old artwork.

finalark

SNORLAX
Yes that was his name. Him and Big G in AttP were hard. I haven't played Link's Awakening due to the lack of GB, and Zelda2... I don't know, I can't find a rebirthed copy anywhere... like a port or something.

Anyways, LttP has to have some of the hardest bosses. If you go in there with no idea what you're doing they can make you feel like an insignificant piece of... >.> Worms
If you're looking for a port of Zelda II it was in the Collectors Ed. (which also had LoZ 1, OoT and MM), it was ported to the GBA and can also be downloaded off of the Virtual Console.

Yeah, I agree with the ALttP. I remember getting owned by some of the bosses when I went in unprepared.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Nintendo has made so much money off OoT.
- N64 cartridge
- Collector's Edition
- Master Quest
- Virtual Console
- and now, the 3DS remake

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
Nintendo has made so much money off OoT.
- N64 cartridge
- Collector's Edition
- Master Quest
- Virtual Console
- and now, the 3DS remake
Master Quest came before Collector's.

I don't mind all the rereleases; they give me an excuse to replay (or finish, I just REALLY beat it last year, lol) one of my favorite games, and they had Majora's Mask with Collector's and Master quest with er... Master Quest.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
It reminds me of a Chimera from some Final Fantasy game XD. Link looks so bad*** in that picture.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
So I went to the doctor because I hurt my knee waaaaay back in October during a football game. I hit my knee on the ground, then had all my weight fall back on it and something popped. Well, I was able to finish that game and the rest of the football season and I would do some intense workouts everyday since football season has been over. I would always have occasional knee pains but we paid it no mind because I have always had knee pains since I was in 4th grade.

Well, just recently my knee started to be really ****ing painful and I can't run or squat with this. Through 2 days of OTA's my knee has been flaming. Anyways we go to the doctor and take x-rays. Nothing. So the doctor comes in plays around with my knee for maybe 2 minutes and it felt weird as hell and then says "I think you tore your ACL". And, then he played with my other knee. He said there was a big difference between my knees and there is something definitely torn.

I literally started to cry. Now I have to get an MRI on Tuesday. I hope I didn't tear my ACL. And, if I did I hope it was just a very very minor tear. Worse part is I'm going into my Junior year with a scholarship on the line........... I might not even get to play this year..............

Also on a bad note, because this happened back in October, insurance isn't gonna cover. So everything is coming out of my Daddy's pockets.......

I wanna die..............

Spire

III
BRoomer
Man, I'm really sorry to hear that. You have my highest hopes for a full recovery.

finalark

SNORLAX
Sorry to hear that KC, I wish this was something I could do to help other than wish you a fast and full recovery but...

Sorry, man. I hope that everything works out in the end.

Mewter

Smash Master
That stinks... :\
Hope you recover quickly so you can get back on that field.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I don't like Link using magic without the assistance of magical items. Rupees seem like a magical substance, so I prefer their use for makeshift magic. Unfortunately in TP, they were used to power only one item.

Blaziking17

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RobeezyLnP
3DS FC
1547-5531-6535
I am just curious here what do most people think about the magic meter?
Depends on what game it was on.

The best use of it IMO was in ALttP, where you had a bunch of different magic items to use. (Lol'd at the "magic" hammer when it didn't use magic)

Second best would go to the N64-era Zeldas. You had goddess' powers in OoT and the Lens of Truth and the elemental/light arrows.

@Spire, using Rupees as "magic" is great to add more strategy and planning. Didn't really use the magic armor much in TP, just for the 48th level of the Cave of ordeals against those dragon fighters.

#HBC | Dark Horse

Mach-Hommy x Murakami
Go to the light world, Go to the guy near the desert who says he's a normal guy. Talk to him and he will get you the bottle in the chest.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Ok, I'm training to figure out what is the next Zelda game I should replay? I'm about to beat Majora's Mask again, just got to Ikana.

Should I replay, TP or AoL?

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Ok, I'm training to figure out what is the next Zelda game I should replay? I'm about to beat Majora's Mask again, just got to Ikana.

Should I replay, TP or AoL?
looooool. You can play the easiest Zelda game....or the hardest. The one with one of the largest number of things to do....or the one with the least. Such extremes, haha.

AoL. Definitely. It was so hard, but it is definitely one of my favorite games in the series, if not my absolute favorite (although I love the life of WW...).

:034:

Shesk

Smash Cadet
So i just beat Twilight Princess today, after putting it off for a while and it is a great ending but it needs to be a sequel to that. i know Skyward Sword looks amazing but def. a twi. 2. And ya that rumor about when you beat Twilight Princess and go to the Mii channel and there will be Link, is a total fake, so i made my own lol

Spire

III
BRoomer
So i just beat Twilight Princess today, after putting it off for a while and it is a great ending but it needs to be a sequel to that. i know Skyward Sword looks amazing but def. a twi. 2. And ya that rumor about when you beat Twilight Princess and go to the Mii channel and there will be Link, is a total fake, so i made my own lol
Haha that was a rumor?

Yeah, I'd like a sequel to Twilight Princess that's not Link's Crossbow Training. I hope that they make a true sequel for the 3DS somewhere down the road.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
How do you make Miis like that? Do you have to buy the outfits or something, or what? My mii channel must be uber lame, or I'm missing out on some good downloads. I'd love a Link Mii.

I'm about to beat Majora's Mask. I have to say, playing it and OoT (Master Quest) first time ever, these were a great set of games ;).

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
Majora's Mask is sooooooooo creepy.

I can't think of what's creepier. Ocarina of Time's Forest Temple and Well + Shadow Temple. Or Majora's Mask Ikana Canyon.

I played these games when I was 6 and 8. I'm now 16 and still **** myself.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
The whole concept of Majora's Mask is creepy.

A Mask of pure evil.
A world destined to be destroyed, the opposite of Hyrule's success
Souls turning into Masks
Dancing Redeads

I mean come on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom