• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda The Milk Bar [Archived]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Well... No. No, I dont agree. I mean, for a while (mostly in TP) Ganondorf was considered a god. But his power all originates from the Triforce of power, which he got from the inside of the Temple of Time in OoT. Link plays more f a "Joan of Arc" role in which he's a messenger of the gods... with a sword!

Gerudos are there to be Gerudos. You might as well be saying all women are sin, because Gerudos are all women.
Actually, in TP Ganon was never actually considered a god, except that Zant called him his god, since Ganon was ultimately his power source. I agree with the rest of your post, though. ;) Link's not the god of Hyrule, btw; the goddesses are. Makes a lot more sense, right? And Ganondorf is not the devil of Hyrule; his power is equal to that of Link and Zelda (except for the fact that Link can strike him down with the Master Sword).

yup yup i know didnt mean to srry :p
Advice: Make sure each post you type has some importance. Don't make short one-line posts that just say "Sorry, I didn't mean to :p" -- mods don't like it at all. Also, this isn't as important, but try to make your posts more readable by using periods, spaces, and capital letters -- just for future reference.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Wow, I could never beat ALttP in under two hours. I've tried speed running games before, though, but I always have more fun going through them at my own pace, especially when it comes to Zelda.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
This post originally failed. . .

even Tink needs a bath sometimes :p

i feel like OoT->MM->TP are 200+ years before WW. in WW, the doom has allready been passed down and the whole Hyrule is under the sea. but in the TP-timline you are still on the fields of hyrule, trying to stop Ganon, like if you are able to avoid the raising of the sea level. ...or idk, just threw in my random opinion x)
:link:
*bolded in quote for discussion*
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the OoT>MM>TP>WW something like this:

1: Ocarina of time - starts the LoZ series.

2: Majora's Mask - Sequel to OoT, pretty much on the same child timeline; takes place in the presumed darkworld.
3: Twilight Princess - 100 to 200 years after MM. Hyrule setting similar to OoT.

4: Wind Waker - Presumably 200years after TP, after the great flood(not the aforementioned 200 years).

.::Note::.
It's good to be back guys. Spire, Skyler, Phantom, other people I know. Nothing like some good 'ol diverse Zelda discussion/debating.
Good to be back. :)

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
@Skyler:
Ahh, good to be back. I miss the overlooked intelligence the Zelda forums of these boards give. It's great to not talk to clueless ignorant people who don't even bear to reason or logic.

Aside from that, I just read the whole ZNews thread, and watched the video's. I have to say, I am VERY excited. The fact that MM(my favorite Zelda) aspects (speculated on 2chan) will be in the game is simply exhilerating! Though, to make things clear(from what I collected here), if it is a sequel to MM, then it won't be after or a sequel to TP, as you guys were mentioning in the ZNews thread.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Dude, WW does not come after TP. They both come after OoT at least by 100 years in parallel timelines.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Dude, WW does not come after TP. They both come after OoT at least by 100 years in parallel timelines.
WOW was I zoning out on that one! I was looking at the year WW was released and put that as the event date. . .that's pretty sad. In fact, disregard my last post before that last post. :/

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
As I was reading, I was about to say something along these lines. :) It's interesting how WW and TP really do seem to correspond to one another in story, characters, and even areas -- like Outset Island and Ordon Village.

Spire

III
BRoomer
In the latest swimsuit edition of Sports Illustrated, there's a girl named Julie Ordon. Not often you see a name from Zelda make it into the real world.

sman5093

Smash Apprentice
How do I get the biggest wallet in TP? I got the one which can hold up to 600 rupees, but how do I get the one which can hold 1000?

Spire

III
BRoomer
That seemed to be what you were inferring, as you said "a name from Zelda making it into the real world" as if the surname Ordon wasn't around before Zelda.
"Making it into the real world" simply meant, "I saw it first in Zelda, then I saw it appear in the real world," not that Zelda actually inspired someone's name.

Though.. Robin Williams named his daughter Zelda after playing and loving the first two games. Go figure.

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
What? I thought by collecting all of the poes you received the Great Fairy's Tears. You obtain the Giant Wallet by returning all 24 Golden Bugs to Agitha.
But I thought you got the Great Fairy's Tears from the Cave of Ordeals.
- Cave of Ordeals: Great Fairy's Tears
- 24 Bugs: Giant Wallet
- 60 Poe Souls: You can keep filling your wallet from Jovani

^^^There we go. No more confusion.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The Poes do give you silver rupees (by collecting them all) to fill your WALLET up that you get from collecting the golden bugs. Basically, the golden bugs and the poes are in the game solely for you to restock your 1000 rupees infinitely and easily so you can keep using the Magic Armor to protect yourself from imaginary dangers in an easy game.

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
The Poes do give you silver rupees (by collecting them all) to fill your WALLET up that you get from collecting the golden bugs. Basically, the golden bugs and the poes are in the game solely for you to restock your 1000 rupees infinitely and easily so you can keep using the Magic Armor to protect yourself from imaginary dangers in an easy game.
And the Great Fairy's Tears is there in case you almost get "game over", which will never happen anyway. Not to mention, you can carry four bottles, so if you almost lose three times it doesn't count.

Spire

III
BRoomer
And the Great Fairy's Tears is there in case you almost get "game over", which will never happen anyway. Not to mention, you can carry four bottles, so if you almost lose three times it doesn't count.
If you're playing with three hearts only, then they might actually be effective.

Mewter

Smash Master
My sister keeps getting game over on Twilight Princess. She's stuck in the Goron's fire dungeon.

It's pretty funny, actually.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Alright, I was looking at this thread here, and thought it would be a good idea if we attempted to create a massive SWF community FAQ to a Zelda game. Anybody can contribute, of course, though there will obviously be quality control. I think not only could this mean we have the most comprehensive FAQ for any given Zelda game on the internet, but it could be done in a relatively short time.

How many of you here would be willing to contribute to it?

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Why would you want to do it? Do you think you could outdo works found on Gamefaqs (contrary to popular belief, they have good material, although it IS few and far in between)? And what would be the game? I always wanted to do one for ALttP as that's my favorite game, period, and one I know like the back of my hands. I planned on doing screenshot, or video guides. Not any time soon, but some day in the future.:)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I was thinking ALttP, OoT, or MM. Those seem to be the most popular Zelda games among hardcore fans, at any rate. And yeah, I think we could outdo Gamefaqs if we tried, which would be cool.

ZIO

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Well, certainly the inclusion of screenshots and/or video would make anything done better than gamefaqs.

In any case, I'm interested.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
So...late notice, since I've been avoiding this site like the plague for over a month, but I managed to finally beat the original Legend of Zelda.

Now that I'm back...I agree with whatever has been stated in the past month.

Oh, and I'll definitely contribute to the FAQ. I'm actually getting a friend to play OoT, so I can apply much to that at the moment.

Scott!

Smash Lord
So...late notice, since I've been avoiding this site like the plague for over a month, but I managed to finally beat the original Legend of Zelda.

Now that I'm back...I agree with whatever has been stated in the past month.

Oh, and I'll definitely contribute to the FAQ. I'm actually getting a friend to play OoT, so I can apply much to that at the moment.
Sounds... familiar. I've been on here twice since before Christmas, and I haven't even beaten a Zelda game to show for it. Almost done with Spirit Tracks, but I was busy beating SotC and Professor Layton over winter break, and now finally finishing Okami is my goal of the moment. But I do miss all the good times and Zelda discussions we had last year. Gonna try to find myself here more often than never.

If you're doing a FAQ, OoT would probably be my strongest. LA too, but that's not in real demand nearly as much I'd guess. Considering I've drawn maps of dungeons in OoT from memory to help friends when they ask me what to do in the game, I know and remember a fair bit of that game. But since I've been so inactive, I'm not going to commit to anything right now.

Spire

III
BRoomer
SWF Zelda Card Game

For several years have I tried to work out a system for a Zelda-themed card game. Essentially, we could program a computer game (online would be amazing) to simulate the card game since printing them off to play with one another would just be out of the question. Would anyone like to help out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom