• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Metaknight should/will be banned" thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Anyone with half a brain would know that McCain and Palin are the greatest evil since... well... ever.

McCain was a lousy soldier who only got into the air force because of his lineage. He graduated at the bottom of his class. Then, while pulling a macho stunt, he crashed a multi-million fighter and killed a large number of men in the ensuing fire. Then, after 7 hours of air time in Vietnam, he got show down.

So he was P.O.W. for a few years, but he's no hero. What the hell did he actually do for the country except cost it countless millions in tax dollars and lives of fellow soldiers? I mean, why would he tout "I am a war hero!" around when anyone who checks his history will find that he wasn't much of a hero? At least Bush had the brains to cover up his military records.

Every other word out of his mouth is either a lie or a contradiction to something he's said before and he's shown signs of mental disorders, like yelling at people for asking perfectly sound questions. And he's already had 3 bouts of deadly cancer and is 72 years old. Chances are, he might just croak and leave the presidency to...

Sarah Palin, mother of 4 (possibly 5). Yes, she'll be able to juggle the vice presidency and 4 kids, I bet. That's not to mention the grandkid on the way. This is a woman who's anti-sex education. She doesn't want sex ed. taught in school, only abstience. It worked so well for her daughter, after all! Why teach kids about how to have sex responsibly when you can teach them not to have it all? After all, it works so well and who cares that they'll need that info someday?

I mean, look at Sweden and other European nations where sex ed is taught in school. Teen pregnancy and abortion rates aren't dramatically lower here than in the U.S. at all!

Palin also wants creationism taught in schools (because, really, it's a proven theory and every kid should know about it), is under investigation for corruption (divorce her sister? You get fired from your job as a state trooper!), has said, among other things, that she has no idea what a vice president does and shown alarming lack of insight into foreign politics (it's not like the vice president has to go meet foreign diplomats).

Winning ticket? McCain bought the Democrats the victory by choosing Palin as a token female to steal disillusioned Hillary voters (it didn't work, more Hillary voters are more likely to not vote for the Republicans than those who will because of Sarah Palin's pick).

[This has been a rant on American politics by a Swede]
It may surprise you to know that the pick for Vice Presidency is almost inconsequential in American, even with the obvious age of McCain. Also, you may want to mention the flaws of BOTH candidates when discussing American politics to sound intelligent, to discuss one sounds biased, and is typically ignored by the opposing side, reguardless of the intelligence of you answer.

The primary pros of McCain is his weak party affiliation and the way his time in Vietnam has influenced his morality (which is surprisingly a factor, if you consider Clinton). The cons are his War policies and age.

Obama - pros include the fact that his precidency would be historic, and is a very good orator (think Kennedy), who people will rally behind. The cons are his somewhat shallow speeches and the fact that his tax raising policy has been proven ineffective through past observances of the economy.

There are many other factors, but I don't want to make a wall of text if I don't have to.

RDK

Smash Hero
The sad thing is that I probably know more about the ongoing U.S. election than half of the (mostly idiotic) voters who'll be voting come November, most of which will vote solely based on which party the candidates are members of.
I find it consistently amazing that Swedish people (and any other non-Americans) know more about our politics than the majority of Americans. Maybe I should come live with you guys.

GG America

thumbswayup

Smash Master
Dude I know that McCain and Palin are pieces of **** that will **** up the country. I was just asking RDK who he would choose since he hates both candidates so much. Obama is clearly the better choice, as he is not a lying Republican scumbag.

edit- did I mention if McCain gets elected I'm moving to France?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
That's not experience.

It's called "hearsay". I didn't misinterpret you at all. You used the wrong word.
No, I used the correct word. "Heresay" is gossip, and I did not mean gossip.

The above poster proved Yuna's point about americans voting on party lines instead of issues not through his candidate choice, but through his usage of words and complete opposition to anyone of a perticular side.

RDK

Smash Hero
It may surprise you to know that the pick for Vice Presidency is almost inconsequential in American, even with the obvious age of McCain. Also, you may want to mention the flaws of BOTH candidates when discussing American politics to sound intelligent, to discuss one sounds biased, and is typically ignored by the opposing side, reguardless of the intelligence of you answer.
What are you talking about? VP picks tell a lot about a candidate, and is even a deciding factor for some people, especially when both candidates are as unsavory as our current ones.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It may surprise you to know that the pick for Vice Presidency is almost inconsequential in American, even with the obvious age of McCain.
McCain isn't a very good decision maker. For one thing, he didn't even meet with Palin 'til two or so days before ultimately picking her for the vice presidency spot. Man who can lead the world's most powerful nation my tuchas.

Also, you may want to mention the flaws of BOTH candidates when discussing American politics to sound intelligent, to discuss one sounds biased, and is typically ignored by the opposing side, reguardless of the intelligence of you answer.
I don't have the time. People can post Obama's flaws and then we'll compare notes. And why would I have to argue the opposing side's views? It's their job to argue their own. This is a debate, not a "Everyone's the Devil's Advocate".

The primary pros of McCain is his weak party affiliation and the way his time in Vietnam has influenced his morality (which is surprisingly a factor, if you consider Clinton). The cons are his War policies and age.
Why did you mention morality and Clinton? Do you not know that John McCain cheated on his faithful wife who waited for him while he was a P.O.W. (probably because she was left disfigured after a car accident) and filed for a new marriage license to wed Cindy before his divorce was even finalized? Vietnam influenced his morality? I shudder to think of what it was like before!

Obama - pros include the fact that his precidency would be historic, and is a very good orator (think Kennedy), who people will rally behind. The cons are his somewhat shallow speeches and the fact that his tax raising policy has been proven ineffective through past observances of the economy.
This is the best you could come up with to my essay against McCain? I didn't even start on his politics, which is mostly exactly like that of George W. Bush's. His nickname is McSame for a reason. It'll be 4 more years of the same politics which plunged the U.S. into the abyss it is in today.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
What are you talking about? VP picks tell a lot about a candidate, and is even a deciding factor for some people, expecially when both candidates are as unsavory as our current ones.
Well, the only responcibilty of the VP is to cast the deciding vote in the Senate in the event of a tie. Beyond that, the VP has no true constitutional responcibility; though in modern times, he is an aid to the president concerning policy, the VP has no real power, and even among the most aged presidents, rarely gets a term in office. The VP is not really an important factor.

thumbswayup

Smash Master

The above poster proved Yuna's point about americans voting on party lines instead of issues not through his candidate choice, but through his usage of words and complete opposition to anyone of a perticular side.
You're an idiot. Republicans have a reputation for being dishonest to the American people. Their ideals and methods are extremely deceptive and self serving. I labeled McCain as what he is. A Republican.

Also, I disagree with most of McCain's beliefs and policies. I think he's a moron for wanting to stay in Iraq for the next 10 years or longer. I agree with a lot of what Obama says and what he plans to do to change the country. So don't jump to conclusions and say I'm supporting Obama because he is a democrat.

JRob

Smash Cadet
Metaknight isn't broken. He'll get banned when he begins to dominate every tourney. Until then, find a way around it or get better. This thread was a dumb idea.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I find it consistently amazing that Swedish people (and any other non-Americans) know more about our politics than the majority of Americans. Maybe I should come live with you guys.

GG America
Swedish generally know a lot about American politics? I didn't know that. I'm just a very informed person. I, for example, predicted doom for the U.S. when Bush was elected in 2000. In fact, I was predicting was slagging on him before he was even elected.

It might surprise you, but we have this thing called Social Studies in Sweden. And we don't focus primarily on Swedish politics like some nations who shall rename nameless but mostly on foreign politics. When I was in 9th grade, I was ragging on Bush before he was even elected every chance I got in Social Studies.

Dude I know that McCain and Palin are pieces of **** that will **** up the country. I was just asking RDK who he would choose since he hates both candidates so much. Obama is clearly the better choice, as he is not a lying Republican scumbag.

edit- did I mention if McCain gets elected I'm moving to France?
I wasn't suggesting otherwise. I apologize if you thought I was. I count you to the (very small) number of intelligent posters on the Brawl boards, so I assumed you had enough brains to know that.

I was just throwing in a few facts to enlighten the less informed people viewing this thread.

Oh, I forgot to mention how often the Republicans, McCain included, blatantly lie, both in print, ads and speeches. Yesterday, Mitt Romney slammed Al Gore for unknown reasons (Al Gore's a part of this election how?) by insinuating that he's a hypocrite for preaching environmentalism while owning a private jet... only, Al Gore doesn't own a private yet.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Wait...so this thread is about the elections now?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait, what?

"These experiences are not necesarily tournament based, nor are they bad experiences. Rather, I refer to the scrubs and noobs who learn everything they know through the only outlet available to them, other scrubs, noobs, and level nine computers."

Wouldn't it be hearsay to assume what other scrubs and n00bs teach you about Competitive Smash is true? Or did you just mean "This is the correct way of playing Smash"? Which just mean gullibility and inability of independent thought and research?

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Yuna - arguing both sides of a debate brings people to a greater knowledge at the end of discussion than faithfulness to one opinion. While McCain might have identical policies to Bush, Obama's tax policies not only affect my economic class, but have been proven outright to decrease the internal revenue. Yes, while it sounds odd that increasing taxes would decrease revenue, this economic phenominom has been noted in America.

McCain and morality is an unusual thing. The POW status and fact that McCain seems to follow politics slightly independently of the Republican party somehow make it hard to argue his moral stance. I don't get it myself, but people tend to reguard him as a "genuine" person. It's more of a "he'll tell you his opinion" thing than a "he is a saint" thing.

RDK

Smash Hero
Metaknight isn't broken. He'll get banned when he begins to dominate every tourney. Until then, find a way around it or get better. This thread was a dumb idea.
Enjoy your infraction for not staying on topic.

[/sarcasm]

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yuna - arguing both sides of a debate brings people to a greater knowledge at the end of discussion than faithfulness to one opinion. While McCain might have identical policies to Bush, Obama's tax policies not only affect my economic class, but have been proven outright to decrease the internal revenue. Yes, while it sounds odd that increasing taxes would decrease revenue, this economic phenominom has been noted in America.
Now compare that to the mountain of BS that is McCain. One issue on which Obama is probably wrong on (who's to say he can't change his stance?) vs. essays worth of BS.

McCain and morality is an unusual thing. The POW status and fact that McCain seems to follow politics slightly independently of the Republican party somehow make it hard to argue his moral stance. I don't get it myself, but people tend to reguard him as a "genuine" person. It's more of a "he'll tell you his opinion" thing than a "he is a saint" thing.
How is this morality? How is this even auto-good? So he does things his own way... only a lot of the BS he spews out doesn't work. We probably should end this line of posting before a mod steps in.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Wait, what?

"These experiences are not necesarily tournament based, nor are they bad experiences. Rather, I refer to the scrubs and noobs who learn everything they know through the only outlet available to them, other scrubs, noobs, and level nine computers."

Wouldn't it be hearsay to assume what other scrubs and n00bs teach you about Competitive Smash is true? Or did you just mean "This is the correct way of playing Smash"? Which just mean gullibility and inability of independent thought and research?
I was refering to how they learn everything they know by PLAYING other scrubs and noobs. This group does talk strategy, sure, but when I was a noob, I learned everything I knew from my experiences in the fights; unfortunately, I fought scrubs, noobs, and level 9 CPUs, because they were around.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
Now compare that to the mountain of BS that is McCain. One issue on which Obama is probably wrong on (who's to say he can't change his stance?) vs. essays worth of BS.

How is this morality? How is this even auto-good? So he does things his own way... only a lot of the BS he spews out doesn't work.
You, good sir, are very biased. Obama has skeletons and McCain has skeletons. Obama had that pastor, McCain had that divorce.

Isn't internet politics productive?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
MK would probably be an Elitist.

And as far as the whole McCain-Obama thing is concerned... I'm still wondering if America is truly ready to elect a black President. Call me skeptical, but it wouln't surprise me to see Obama get less than 45% of the popular vote. As it stands right now, on an objective standpoint, they both seem even. Only reason I'm going for Obama is because McCain seems like he'll just be a more intelligent version of Bush... I'm actually quite uninformed though, but this will be my first time voting, so I'll do my necessary research soon. Who knows, maybe McCain is better. *snickerz*

RDK

Smash Hero
You, good sir, are very biased. Obama has skeletons and McCain has skeletons. Obama had that pastor, McCain had that divorce.

Isn't internet politics productive?
To me, they're both equally bad. They're both Christians. Anyone who doesn't have enough reasoning and researching skills to figure out that the Earth is more than 4,000 years old and that an old man in the sky isn't pulling strings doesn't deserve to lead the most powerful nation on the face of the planet.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm sorry, Obama is responsible for what his pastor, whom he has since cut all ties to, says? As opposed to McCain who accepted the endorsement of John Hagee who said that Hurricane Katrina was God's punishment to New Orleans for being too gay friendly (ironically, no great damage was left on New Orlean's "gay district")?

I'm not saying McCain is responsible for what John Hagee said (I possess more logic than you), but McCain accepted that endorsement and made no remarks about Hagee's... remarks. Obama condemned his pastor's words and cut all ties.

And how the hell does what that pastor said even begin to compare to McCain's cheating and abandoning of a crippled life when he runs on a platform of family values?!

I never said Obama doesn't have skeletons. Obama has a closet of them, McCain has a mansion of them.

Who's the biased person now? Hmmm...

This will be my last post on this in this thread. PM me if you want to continue this discussion. That is if you can handle the truth.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
To me, they're both equally bad. They're both Christians. Anyone who doesn't have enough reasoning and researching skills to figure out that the Earth is more than 4,000 years old and that an old man in the sky isn't pulling strings doesn't deserve to lead the most powerful nation on the face of the planet.
That is an uninformed/steriotypical view of modern Christians...Wait a minute?

Religion and politics? Is this an attempt to divide the thread further?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer

Read my last post. It's directed at you specifically, after all.

On topic: This thread should be locked as nothing new has been brought to the table for days and it's pretty dead anyway. Most new posts are either off-topic or rehashes of old (and bad) arguments.

RDK

Smash Hero

Again, no it's not. I was raised as a Christian in a Christian high school. I know what fundie whackos believe. It's not pretty.

The Halloween Captain

Smash Master
I'm sorry, Obama is responsible for what his pastor, whom he has since cut all ties to, says? As opposed to McCain who accepted the endorsement of John Hagee who said that Hurricane Katrina was god's punishment?

I'm not saying McCain is responsible for what John Hagee said (I possess more logic than you), but McCain accepted that endorsement and made no remarks about Hagee's... remarks. Obama condemned his pastor's words and cut all ties.

And how the hell does what that pastor said even begin to compare to McCain's cheating and abandoning of a crippled life when he runs on a platform of family values?!

I never said Obama doesn't have skeletons. Obama has a closet of them, McCain has a mansion of them.

Who's the biased person now? Hmmm...
Biased is the inability to view the situation objectively. Um... why do family values even matter to the president? Obama is a very interesting candidate, so is McCain. The one thing that is bothering me about your bias is that I know you are not telling me everything about both sides because everything you say is for the advancement of one side. This means that you are no longer a reliable sorce of negative/neutral Obama information, nor will you say any neutral/positive McCain information. Thus, can we even have a conversation any more? Or is this going to continue as an arguement?

EDIT: While I do disagree with McCain, or any president for that matter, running on "Family Values," I haven't seen the recent campaign propaganda for either side. And yes, a political add is little more than propaganda, as it will do whatever is necesary to prove one side correct without much substance to back it up.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Err...so should I just make a thread in the debate hall to end this? ._.

RDK

Smash Hero
Biased is the inability to view the situation objectively. Um... why do family values even matter to the president? Obama is a very interesting candidate, so is McCain. The one thing that is bothering me about your bias is that I know you are not telling me everything about both sides because everything you say is for the advancement of one side. This means that you are no longer a reliable sorce of negative/neutral Obama information, nor will you say any neutral/positive McCain information. Thus, can we even have a conversation any more? Or is this going to continue as an arguement?

EDIT: While I do disagree with McCain, or any president for that matter, running on "Family Values," I haven't seen the recent campaign propaganda for either side. And yes, a political add is little more than propaganda, as it will do whatever is necesary to prove one side correct without much substance to back it up.
Usually in a debate, the parties concerned don't promote the opposite side. The point is to argue against the opposing side, or at least for your side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom