• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Crazy republicans are talking about it again. Funny part is they act like its something they could actually DO. The governor even talked about it. Obviously it's not going to happen, but the delusion that it's an option is pretty hilarious IMO.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Aren't all Texans republicans? I heard a commercial on the radio for a Texan fair here in California where you get to experience all sorts of Texas stuff (even something about Texan beaches) created with the aid of the Texas bureau of commerce or whatnot... and the slogan for this fair was something like: "Texas: It's like a whole 'nother country."

I thought, "man these guys really want to secede." Perhaps you Texan smashers want to be the best players in the country and thought secession would be the easiest way. >_>

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Aren't all Texans republicans? I heard a commercial on the radio for a Texan fair here in California where you get to experience all sorts of Texas stuff (even something about Texan beaches) created with the aid of the Texas bureau of commerce or whatnot... and the slogan for this fair was something like: "Texas: It's like a whole 'nother country."

I thought, "man these guys really want to secede." Perhaps you Texan smashers want to be the best players in the country and thought secession would be the easiest way. >_>
We already are the best, so it would be pointless to secede now~

Also, no, there are plenty of liberals... most of the TX population is conservative though, mostly on moral and religious grounds, but they also follow republican economic and political policy blindly... b/c ignorance runs rampant... and our numbers are huge, so there's a lot of ignorance running around.

WIGI

Smash Champion
lol yeahpers.

one of my favourite ones is marth on rainbow. i KNEW exactly where he was going to end up, beacuse i know how to use the satge.

thats mindgames son.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
As I am sure many of you have heard, members of the state of Texas are discussing secceding from the union. Before we get underway, let me knock one argument out of the water. There is no provision that will allow Texas to secced of its own will. What the provision actually states is that, because of the size and diversity of the state, if it wishes, it could separate itself into 3 states.

Texas, economically speaking, could handle itself economically. Its GDP is equal to that of Canada or India, and the landscape is diverse enough to handle many different kinds of economic development. Another thing Texas has going for it is a connection to the gulf. Texas's large population, abundance of natural resources, and diverse population and geography have led to a large and diverse economy. From this standpoint, Texas could handle itself quite nicely.

But politically, making odds with the US, and if Texas threatens war as one contender in the Texas Republican Governor primary has, then it will also make itself against the UN as well. Even if the they became their own independent country, the amount of enemies and potential trade restrictions they face would be huge.

But, should Texas secced? What reason does it even have to secced? The Governor mentioned it long before the health care debate begain, and since then the fire has only grown. They mention states rights, but to my knowledge, I see no signs of any state powers being infringed upon by any changes set forth by the Obama administration.

Texas, compared to most states, has an abnormally large portion of members of the Ku Klux Klan, Neo-Nazis, and 'skin heads.' A governor crying states rights was during the civil rights movements. The governor's main competitor is running on the premise of being a moderate republican. Could this all be nothing more than a political charade to get some of the most extreme members of his party rallied up, feeding on the anger that exist in order to propel himself through the primary?

To those talking about Texas secceding.
Really, its pointless and has no basis.

TreK

Is "that guy"
"-hey, we're too powerful atm, should we split up, hate each other and make WW III happen so we could lose money and lives ?
-Okay bud !"
~Texas governor to Obama

[not holding back the french irony anymore <3]

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
"-hey, we're too powerful atm, should we split up, hate each other and make WW III happen so we could lose money and lives ?
-Okay bud !"
~Texas governor to Obama

[not holding back the french irony anymore <3]
Dang, well, if we're throwing around stereotypes... you must just be hoping WW III starts soon so you can surrender to Germany within the first week.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
and us Australians will lol because everyone will be fighting each other, but no one gives a **** about us so we'll be left alone (excpet for the japanese who might try to invade us again!)

of course that wont happen, cause usa has got our back.

If you get inside of Marth, it's over. Getting inside isn't a very big problem either.
thats because marth is a little $lut

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
France was just unlucky enough to be pretty much next to Germany when they unveiled the new war tactic blitzkrieg when we were all still thinking of trench warfare. Still, the French aren't known for their military prowess. Not since Napoleon at least.

Texas really does have a lot of great smashers. Way more than all the west coast states put together. I hate my area.

Suspect

Smash Hero
what does m2k have to do with west coast and texas?

i play brawl btw if you took one of my previous statements as "i hate brawl"

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
lol when i meant in title is that "texas takin over" as in TX luigi players was mostly posting LGD >.> (PX counts as in Luigi player <33) not some politcal texas bs crap >.>

ahhh LGD titles are so powerful these days lol

Also Alias (<3) pratically answered my question rly lol. Though I was expecting "projectile usage" as a playstyle. Maybe I`m thinking TL too hard lately lol. I`ll go indepth on why such a question when im off the wiinet.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
If you're saying Texas > West Coast you're probably on loads and loads of crack.
he could be, or he could be or whatever it is that luigi's final smash is on...

Yeah! I really wish I could have played you at Genesis, because that was the one opportunity for it to happen and they had a severe lack of setups. I think the one time you saw me play I was still shaking off massive 16 hour drive sleep deprivation. Oh well though, thats life :(
yeah that would have been really good, its a hard life being the only luigi user in your entire country :( I was hoping to meet boss and get him to teach me kaioken with luigi.

well its ok, you can just come to australia ;)

I only got to play against 1 luigi my entire time in america :( I played him at evo but I cant remember his name for the life of me...

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yo guys, something I thought might apply to Luigi too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AF1-X1Gqgas

I discovered that Mario slides SUPER FAR when charging hyphen Smash at the exact right point in his dash. I discovered this point was immediately after Mario's initial dash animation, so my question is if Luigi gets a similar buff in momentum from timing his Hyphen Smash at that exact point too.

Top Bottom