• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

TreK

Is "that guy"
The man in green stays in green.

What texture hacks do you use, if you do ? :V
I use Striker Luigi (because it's green <3) and Mob Boss Luigi (because it's awesome <3)

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
Sorry for being a noob but what exactly is a texture hack? is it designing your character? Does it change the gameplay of the game?
O.o you seriously dunno what it is?

Basically it's haxxing your wii up and changing the "costumes" of the characters, stages etc.

No it does not change gameplay.

.Marik

is a social misfit
Best Luigi General Discussion title ever?

I think so.

And everyone knows original green Luigi is the way to go.

WIGI

Smash Champion
mostly to prove a point.

copyd from that other thread

Indeed, it is true that although the taunt-spike is only a single input, the correct use of it is very rarely seen. It requires the user to utilize the down taunt at a precise moment in time in order to force their opponent to be in a situation where the taunt will connect, and if it does not connect, due to creative thinking, or sometimes luck, on the opponent's part, then the user cannot be punished because of the lag frames. This will lead to two things.

1. The opponent will think they have an opportunity to attack, but in actuality, the user has timed the lag frames, to prepare to punish by shielding or "spot dodging," followed by a move input by the Luigi player.

2. The opponent will make a mistake whilst dodging the taunt-spike, that can lead to death or punishment.

Due to these things, a Luigi player who utilizes the taunt in the correct way, will not only succeed in killing with it, but also be able to use it to miss purposefully, in order to "mind game" the opponent. Proper taunting can lead to stage control, and the good Luigi player will not be punished for it.

Also note that the taunt spike has incredible priority, and when it connects, even if the Luigi player is harmed during the taunt, the opponent will still be spiked. The down taunt can also be used before or after any of Luigi's moves, forming a 'Combo.' The down taunt can also be used in a combo to and from other taunts.

HURRICANE REV

Smash Ace
I never knew how awesome the down taunt is. It is part of luigi's playstyle IMO. Your not a true Luigi player if you don't use the down taunt.

O.o you seriously dunno what it is?

Basically it's haxxing your wii up and changing the "costumes" of the characters, stages etc.

No it does not change gameplay.
Oh I see, Thanks for explaining that to me.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I use the down taunt...Lulz

I like using it vs Marth's who don't know how to recovery properly.

Also, found out recently...uncharged forward b goes through Falco's forward B

WIGI

Smash Champion
your doing it wrong. uncharged side b should only be used when your missfiring. witch you should be able to control if your a real luigi main.

napZzz

Smash Hero
yesterday at a tourney I lost to a zss with snake first round then ***** it with luigi next 2 matches. hahahaha.

luigi is so good

WIGI

Smash Champion
no. luigi > ZSS and you just suck with snake.

Luigi actually isnt great in this game. lets be realistic.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I still say Luigi has potentual, may be easy to keep back but once he's in close enough range...It's just glorious, I sometimes combo people to 50% in a matter of seconds. Even 0 to death combo if I get lucky with my aerials to misfire or Up B setup.

Either way, he's fine where he is right now, or very bottom of the B :p.

EDIT: And if anyone has noticed, most of our matchups in the matchup thread have been erased due to them being too old...guess we should start discussing em again soon.

WIGI

Smash Champion
when will people realise that matchup threads are useless..

ugh. just play smart. and figure out when things don't work, to do something else. honestly, i have very little techskill. i barely know what buffering is. i couldn't shlazer in melee with flaco no matter how hard i tried. but especially in brawl, you learn waht works agaisnt who, and play smart. put them in situations where the moves your good with, are more likely to be used.

Im really not that good. im just not a complete idiot. i don't pay attention to matchups. there just numbers. the only numbers i care about, is 3. the number of times i have to kill them. then you get it done in the msot effective and inteligent way possible. yes, some characters are harder to beat than others, some because of personal reasons, mosst because of this games horrible bias towards certain characters. w.e deal with. knowing its a 25-75 wont help you win.

Play smart, force it to go your way. and if your someone that has techskill. you go farther than i will lol. i just taunt inteligently.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
uncharged side B is punishable on hit =/
You can duck under several attacks with SideB if they aren't familiar with it. =P

I think it could be really good against ZSS in particular since Kirby can duck under so much of her moveset lol. I also have one match where I duck under Ganon's F-smash with this move lmao.

Also, charging SideB against people who are getting up from the ledge can be a good mindgame. Seriously, I mean like, you can counter most of their getups with this attack. And it will probably kill them.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
we need that luigi's brand remover thread back, matchups are pretty useless I agree, but that thread told you what to do in specific scenarios and stuff that actually helped you know what your doing against x character.

i put on a friggen tux for my last combo video. you all need to step it up.
I must say that was quite an amazing video

Icyo

Smash Ace
True. It familiarizes people with the options that the character gains at times. Knowing your opponent and what their options are really helps out in the heat of battle. Better safe than sorry. Stage discussion threads are just as necessary too.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
your doing it wrong. uncharged side b should only be used when your missfiring. witch you should be able to control if your a real luigi main.
I got second in a tourney because i misfired a Marth twice in a row for a final kill.

My original sig on here was my sig on the F5 site, F5 KoRo The Misfire King

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
thats what you get for having a chibi avatar that looks like a cross between sephiroth and creed (black cat), seppy needs to keep his rep up you know?

napZzz

Smash Hero
wut u doin on my thread bish
*****. Have you made sure all of wisconsin is coming up for jaw? I better not see like, you hunger and sago and thats it. I'll be mad. Plus I wanna rematch that ****. Wanna mm?
Dang internet sarcasm ***** me lolollo.

and nappy obv luigi *****, i mean his glide toss is tooooooo much **** for a first stock kill roflmao.
luigi has a glide toss? Lol. I just throw themat him then pressure if he's shielding with tornado and it worked. Managed to get a gimp with the item pieces then shoryuken the next 2 stocks for a 3 stock .It was funny.
I got second in a tourney because i misfired a Marth twice in a row for a final kill.

My original sig on here was my sig on the F5 site, F5 KoRo The Misfire King
thats so awesome. You're in F5? Do you know near? Kids my *****. He sucks so bad. Cant place offline and then acts like he can beat me at a tourney.

yoshq

Smash Master
*****. Have you made sure all of wisconsin is coming up for jaw? I better not see like, you hunger and sago and thats it. I'll be mad. Plus I wanna rematch that ****. Wanna mm?
LOL you're so much like hunger... yeah I'll mm, idk why you want to though, you won lol.

napZzz

Smash Hero
LOL you're so much like hunger... yeah I'll mm, idk why you want to though, you won lol.
you disrespected me in pools. And for that, I Must have my revenge! Never again am I going to switch to a bad matchup on a bad character thinking I can win.

Heres the thing tho. I kinda wanna try a diddy vs. luigi mm. He's my main now, and since its a bad matchup I wanna challenge and you're like good and stuff.

Hungers a jerk. He kept telling me to calm down when i wasn't mad!

yoshq

Smash Master
you disrespected me in pools. And for that, I Must have my revenge! Never again am I going to switch to a bad matchup on a bad character thinking I can win.

Heres the thing tho. I kinda wanna try a diddy vs. luigi mm. He's my main now, and since its a bad matchup I wanna challenge and you're like good and stuff.

Hungers a jerk. He kept telling me to calm down when i wasn't mad!
hahaha xD u seem like a jerk too... like you and hunger are both nice irl and then when it comes to online you start swearing every sentence lol. oh and that's cool that you dropped snake, but idk how i disrespected you ;o

napZzz

Smash Hero
hahaha xD u seem like a jerk too... like you and hunger are both nice irl and then when it comes to online you start swearing every sentence lol. oh and that's cool that you dropped snake, but idk how i disrespected you ;o
online you can do what you want without being threatened or beat up n stuff. If I cuss someone out in real life they might like get in my face and stuff which is no fun. But what can they do if I **** them via interwebz? hahahhahah

Didn't drop him. Jus tplaying more of diddy. I'm tryign to fit in my luigi, like I said managed to use him once at a tourney the other day. I'm getting there! Its just hard to find chances to use him. Like, only vs. scrubs or matchups. I started him for olimar, and noones even ever played olimar vs. me. FML

Top Bottom