• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Of course Jabbing is great when you get in range...yeah so remind me how exactly you get in when he's good at pivot grabbing on reaction?

To be helpful, I'd also point out that you probably can blatantly fastfall aerials on his shield and Jab before he can grab. I know Mario can do this easily at least with SH D-air -> N-air -> Jab shenanigans.

And finally, I got down Jab canceling. Jab cancel D-smash is too good. Does like 19-20%, or 21-22% if you do Jab cancel from Jab1+Jab2 (same damage as Snake's F-tilt!).

I still hate Jab Up-B. I keep whiffing the sweetspot constantly, or having it get powershielded. :(

I should probably do more Jab -> D-tilt -> Up-B instead lol.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
A. read the thread

B. Land a ffnair on his shield, its usually a jab waiting to happen. Second option, land into the grab with a fireball. Fireballs break grabs and leaves you in range to **** his fireball stun.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
oli cant shield grab if we buffer jabs? that really is broken, its like he sheilds your aerial and then he's dead?

if so then I see where all the lol is coming from.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
If he tries to shield grab an aerial and you buffer a jab, you get the jab. If you land close enough to him, its a guaranteed shoryu.

So yes, buffer a jab out of a ffnair, if he tries to sheild grab, he's dead at 45.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
The jab after the ffnAir can't be that fast. There's like 10 frames of landlag with the nAir and you're likely to hit with the strong hitbox which would knock them up, eliminating your ability to jab them once you land.

Or I'm reading something wrong.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
well I dunno about the landing lag, but we are talking about if they SHIELD your aerial, so you dont need to worry about knocking them up (unless they have a really angry dad)

yeah yeah, I know I'm not funny...

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
Had you had the Luigi icon, you would have been on the other side of that rant, hippy. Like so:

"tornado is one of the most awesomest things that a pansy like Marth would have to deal with, esp on wifi. ESP WHEN THEY'RE RUSTY AND GOING IN WITH ORANGE ORB LAG. i love u luigi cyclone piece of face-sex so hard to punish lol"

Luigi Cyclone: so nice, they named it something completely different from his older twin brother's same move and then completely removed his brother's move for some lame squirt gun.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I keep thinking you're Boss when I read "Last Post: Suspect". Then I click and am treated to pure unadulterated disappointment. Enough to give me a hernia.

Oh noes, now a hernia is in my left testicle!

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
That's right. Just the kind of story that is right at home in the LGD.
-_-

Why? Why are we getting so many smart-*** comments like this now? I have nothing against you Suspect. Boss is my hero. Imagine getting an e-mail from Jesus saying he's about to visit you. Then someone knocks on your door and it's just your neighbor. Cool story, huh? Anyway, I guess what I said sounded mean too.

napZzz

Smash Hero
tornado is one of the most gayest things that a man like myself have to deal with, esp on wifi. ESP WHEN YOUR RUSTY AND GOING IN WITH ORANGE ORB LAG.

i hate u luigi cyclone piece of **** so hard to punish lol
hey . wifi sucks. YOU should just not care if you lose on wifi. People who actually try and get upset over **** on wifi are dumb.

luigi is a wifi god.

Suspect

Smash Hero
who said that? lol

those matches were fun/good

wish they got recorded.

Im only good in teams i guess :ohwell:

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Don't you guys wish Luigi had invincibility on his up b like Purin's rest? I sure do. I'd love breaking up Falco's upb with it. Of course, that wouldn't really help us with our bad matchups at all, like on DDD, it wouldn't matter because grab priority always wins, and on Marth, we aren't going to break up any of his moves with it.
The only thing I see to help out Luigi would be to allow him to retain his slide during his attacks. Imagine using the pivot walk to get the slide and continually use forward smash. We could call that the WAH walk. Too bad once we use the attack it stops :(

ScAtt77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScAtt77
lolwut? Luigi does have Invincibility frames on his up-b. D: (Or it could be something else) I tested it out by just going to training mode, pulling out some bob-ombs, and up-bing into them. Luigi came out without a scratch. :O

WIGI

Smash Champion
hippy da "Chaw" chipmunk catcher........................................ says:
howdy
my but hurts
whats up with you?
-Jason- says:
should lay off the anal sex man
not much
my ear hurts.
chippy da "Chaw" chipmunk catcher........................................ says:
you should lay off the ear sex man
-Jason- says:
thats what my doctor keeps telling me
anyways...
chippy da "Chaw" chipmunk catcher........................................ says:
did he say
you have
hearing AIDS
LOLOLLOOLLO
-Jason- says:
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
LOL.
that was rediculous
if it wasn't INSANLY ackward, id facebook quotes it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
hey . wifi sucks. YOU should just not care if you lose on wifi. People who actually try and get upset over **** on wifi are dumb.

luigi is a wifi god.
I've been saying this forever...Luigi's Jab is sooooooooo gay on wifi. Has too much range and comes out too fast, and ***** too much in general.

Sliding Up-smashes are also stupidly good on wifi, not to mention Tornado, and D-air camping.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Anyone wanna briefly discuss the MK matchup? That one's like 75-25, need help >_<

Top Bottom