• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

napZzz

Smash Hero
luigi suckkkss against olimar man, i switch to dk for that matchup.
if I hadn't already played you before I'd think you were a total scrub after seeing this post. A huge. ****ing. Scrub. So much failure!

yoshq

Smash Master
if I hadn't already played you before I'd think you were a total scrub after seeing this post. A huge. ****ing. Scrub. So much failure!
seriously, try playing dabuz or some good olimar and you will see what I mean. he can grab anything you use, he's faster, has better projectiles, better smashes, everything...

BigLøu

Smash Lord
With olimar just jump around over him, wait like .5 seconds till his shield gets small enough so u can nair, then combo to a jab upb.

napZzz

Smash Hero
yosh quit being weird. You aren't playing the matchup right if you think olimar ***** luigi

TreK

Is "that guy"
we often forget the easy matchups cus they're... easy ; we're more worried about the hard ones usually. That's my view to it at least.
The thing is it's the same for the guy you're against, so vs Olimar the oli will know every single hitbox of yours more than you know every single hitbox of his, so you'll struggle a bit more than you should.
Unless you fight a good main of that character often enough.
Or are Boss.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
seriously, try playing dabuz or some good olimar and you will see what I mean. he can grab anything you use, he's faster, has better projectiles, better smashes, everything...
Dude I know the olimar matchup, and its soooo easy if you just focus on getting the jab -> UpB since he can't escape it. Uair also ***** all of his options if you're below him so you can force them to whistle then just FF Nair.

I don't know how you beat Marth. You beat Uchiha (hes from WA) at genesis.... howwwwwwwwww? Marth is stupid. I would ask you to teach me but I'll never see you in person again lol.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
lol, oli vs luigi is 65-35, maybe 70-30 luigi's favor, easily (and 70-30 IMO is just barely winnable for olimar :urg:)

edit: i go shiek for that matchup now xD

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
That bad srsly? I mean you can pivot grab most of what Luigi does. =/

Yeah, he can Jab cancel combo a lot though, but he actually has to get in range first.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Its ******** easy to get in range of Olimar. Tornado and Nair eat everythinggggggggggg.

Theres no way its any worse than 65:35 Luigi's favor. Like dabuz said probably 70:30.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
so I played my first olimar the other day (and he's quite good too) I dont really have and matchup exp other then a few things I picked up here, and he had to figure out what to do on the fly.

but anyways I focused on spamming him with combo's, when I got him in the air I ***** him, but once he gets his ground its a little hard to approach, he spammed uair to beat nair, and grabs to beat cyclone, so what other approach options do I have, and in particular, whats the best way to get in close for a jab upB, SHAD?

WIGI

Smash Champion
so I played my first olimar the other day (and he's quite good too) I dont really have and matchup exp other then a few things I picked up here, and he had to figure out what to do on the fly.

but anyways I focused on spamming him with combo's, when I got him in the air I ***** him, but once he gets his ground its a little hard to approach, he spammed uair to beat nair, and grabs to beat cyclone, so what other approach options do I have, and in particular, whats the best way to get in close for a jab upB, SHAD?
be smarter than your being.

yoshq

Smash Master
I don't know how you beat Marth. You beat Uchiha (hes from WA) at genesis.... howwwwwwwwww? Marth is stupid. I would ask you to teach me but I'll never see you in person again lol.
i roll, but he didn't know the matchup or something

lol, oli vs luigi is 65-35, maybe 70-30 luigi's favor, easily (and 70-30 IMO is just barely winnable for olimar :urg:)

edit: i go shiek for that matchup now xD
dang i wish i had played you after you switched, i have more sheik xp

but once he gets his ground its a little hard to approach, he spammed uair to beat nair, and grabs to beat cyclone, so what other approach options do I have, and in particular, whats the best way to get in close for a jab upB, SHAD?
yeah that^, it's prolly cuz i approach so much with nado that its hard for me, idk.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
lol I'll get right on that wigi, I'll do sliding taunts for an approach ;) (well it worked in melee! what I wouldnt do for a wavedash...)

yeah, I dont know how to be smarter then I'm being... I have red hair, that should explain everything :)

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
If rolling is beating a Marth, then the Marth is either bad, or doesn't know the match-up. Rolling is exactly what a Marth player wants you to do.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
i do it to every marth player i play, offline an on, but don't believe me i understand.
well then they're doing it wrong lol. tell those marth players that they should learn to zone.

i roll vs. marth players online though, it's too easy. abusing latency ftwwwwwwwwwww

CR4SH

Smash Lord
If you can predict a fsmash, rolling is definetly the best and easiest way to punish it. Hell, sometimes with the right spacing and the right timing you can roll and punish a fsmash just as you see it coming out. Rolling works in lots of situations, it just gets you ****ed up if you guess wrong. But thats basically how luigi works.

prOAPC

Smash Lord
man, Luigi is too good
he used to be one of my mains, but the dark side of top tiers and tournaments made me forget about him
my problem (common problem for most of my secondaries, but not my main) is that i get to predictable. I'll always short hoping double aerial, then they catch on and i get grabbed and punished. Also, something i can't do is using his jab effectly, not like i do with Lucas, don't now why
so my Lucas is on vacations, i'm practicing with my forgotten characters. With Luigi i'm practicing his jab and jab cancel mostly
thanks for reading, i just like to post my thoughts, even if nobody cares :)
bye

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Its ******** easy to get in range of Olimar. Tornado and Nair eat everythinggggggggggg.
Grab beats Tornado, U-air and Up-B beat N-air. All these options are pretty safe and come out fast.

I'm just saying, Olimar can really be a homo in this matchup if he plays patiently and waits for you to move. If he saves a Blue Pikmin throw, there is his KO move.

TreK

Is "that guy"
omg I've been starting doing so for 2 weeks because of Kirby's broken forward roll, it's sooo hard to lose cus since I'm playing wifi it works so it will be even harder to stop ._.

*shots himself*

CR4SH

Smash Lord
wtf, what does it matter if an upb beats the nair, he can just grab you...lol
No he can't. He's olimar. If he tries to grab you you can just jab him.

Read my olimar thread.

Side note. Jabbing olimar is ****** THE PANTS OFF olimar.

Top Bottom