• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Wow, you all act like the Marth vs Luigi matchup is 100-0.

IT'S WINNABLE. 65-35 sure, but Luigi can push through if he tries hard enough.

Meta Knight matchup is much harder than this one >_<. 70 or 75-25? That's the only one i'd ever counterpick, but I don't counterpick ever and always go Luigi lol :p.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
How are we acting like it's 100-0...? lol.. we're just pointing out ways to get out of that dolophin slash outta the way... it's winnable.. but a fearsome road of work really.. same thing with MK lol... prolly like 6/4 MK imo anyways. The only gayest matchup you'll ever see is D3 infiniting you for 3 stocks in a row which don't happen often always.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I'm beginning to think the style of Luigi that ***** MK gets ***** by Marth, and vice versa.

Just look, everyone who says Marth is easy says MK is hell on ice, and everyone who says MK is easy says Marth is a flaming homo.

I find Marth harder than MK, yet I beat more Marth players than MK players LOL. Probably just match-up experience/not many MK players in my region.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
I say Marth is not hard, and I say MK is not hard. But if I had to say one was harder than the other, I'd say Martha's tougher because of his KO potential. I'd go DK against MK, Marth, and Snake... but I don't play anyone other than Luigi in serious matches, so no.

There's no pose Luigi can make, and no amount of pink Luigi can wear that would make him more raging homo than Martha. You know he and Roy have experimented on each other. Marth's like one of those people you'd think is a hot girl until your friend corrects you when he tells you it's a dude... or when you accidentally find out in a dark bedroom after some heavy drinking. If they dated, Sheik would be the dude in the relationship. Bowser would accidentally kidnap him thinking he's a princess; and even after realizing his mistake, he might still decide to take it all the way. I mean, Marth probably puts out easier than Peach.

Wait, what? How did I get here?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
With Luigi, basically avoid Marth, MK, G&W, and my Mario, and you'll be fine lol.

TreK

Is "that guy"
There's no pose Luigi can make, and no amount of pink Luigi can wear that would make him more raging homo than Martha. You know he and Roy have experimented on each other. Marth's like one of those people you'd think is a hot girl until your friend corrects you when he tells you it's a dude... or when you accidentally find out in a dark bedroom after some heavy drinking. If they dated, Sheik would be the dude in the relationship. Bowser would accidentally kidnap him thinking he's a princess; and even after realizing his mistake, he might still decide to take it all the way. I mean, Marth probably puts out easier than Peach.
words can't describe how loudely I am laughing right now XD

yoshq

Smash Master

Wait, what? How did I get here?
haha you're funny dude

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
LOL we srsly need a matchup guide. but we're so hella lazy. and we just make the boards come to us lol.

elheber wins for flaming homo posts now ROFL.

i should really make that luigi as a secondary faqs thread soon but im so lazy

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Hey, I'm not lazy, and I'm not going anywhere soon.
I could do it.
Even though I'm a lurker and not a poster :p but it doesn't matter, you guys discussing things will make the thread great, not me.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
It's not that, it's just the people that contribute, well don't really contribute that much and get a productive discussion going. We usually get turned off and pissed when people say "oh hey we outrange u so lyke um 8/2 cus we outrange and u slide BISH" that sorta thing lol.

TreK

Is "that guy"
when you leave the floor and you were doing a non B move, it cancels. The floor disappears = you leave the ground. Try it on PS2, it's the stage where you'll use this the most. On Halberd you can dash attack up B so yeah it's something to know.
this is another thing to know -> it will make the opponent go into his grmblm animation or whatever it's called if he was shielding, in the same motion as DASC. Dash attack = **** on halberd's first 5 seconds. Fear it, world.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
With Luigi, basically avoid Marth, MK, G&W, and my Mario, and you'll be fine lol.
G&W isn't bad once you figure it out, and trust me... I've played at least 2 TOP G&W mains recently. What you do is this...

1) Run away until you get a grab
2) Combo status
3) Run away until he messes up and Jab -> UpB

It sounds really stupid but it works. Jab -> UpB is almost inescapable on GW.

elheber

Smash Lord
NNID
elheber
MK is lighter and KOs later than Marth. Marth's air speed is also faster and his range is slightly longer. Even though MK is still better overall, Marth is a harder matchup for Luigi IMO due to what happens when Luigi's hanging on to the ledge.

Marth's still very winnable and Luigi has tougher matchups than him.

TreK

Is "that guy"
both are unwinnable to me, I don't care who's easier...
I hate marth more because he's the worst matchup of all my 3 characters XD

It's not that, it's just the people that contribute, well don't really contribute that much and get a productive discussion going. We usually get turned off and pissed when people say "oh hey we outrange u so lyke um 8/2 cus we outrange and u slide BISH" that sorta thing lol.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=7744950&postcount=333
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=247089
See the difference ? :V

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
@Teneban, yeah things like that is so >___> btw their format is SOOOOOO MUCH BETTER esp the part where it says " don't theorycraft too much" lol.

@ Elheber, MK can perform the same ledgetraps just as Marth can, if not BETTER. Once Luigi is on the ledge, hes options are *****. MK can just do about same things, his Dtilt slightly outranges Marth's dtilt and still has same use, as well as MK is faster on the ground, has safer camping and offense options (Fair, Dair, Tornado) He outranges on every move except spaced SB, better at gimping, better kill options. The only thing Marth has is probably maybe a grab release? and aerial mobility is all.

Esca

Smash Champion
My opinion on Marth/MK:

Metaknight excels up close, just as Luigi does. Either up close, or far away. Never mid-distance.

Marth requires the opponent to be at mid-range, so he's trying to keep you out, whereas MK wants to stay up close.

I think this makes the MK matchup a little more harder, IMO, because of his very fast attacks, and aerial mobility.

If you get inside of Marth, it's over. Getting inside isn't a very big problem either.

Both matchups are hard, but I certainly don't think they're un-winnable. I think Marth is maybe 6:4. MK 65:35.

Remember, this is just my opinion. Please don't get mad at me. :(

Teach me if you feel I'm wrong though.

Suspect

Smash Hero
no way it can be 6:4 with marth

I played RoyR with kirby, marth vs kirby is 6:4 i got him down to one stock
Switched to weegee BAM 3 stock lol

Same exact thing happened when i played mikehaze

maybe i just dont know how to play marth with weegee

Esca

Smash Champion
I dunno.

It may be just because I have a really good grasp on how to beat Marth.

The best tip on how to beat Marth is:

Act agressive by throwing out alot of smashes just outside his range to force a laggy reaction, then find a way to sneak inside.

Esca

Smash Champion
Talkin' to me?

No, every Marth around here knows the matchup. We don't have many Marth's, but the one's we do have a very good.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
It's very hard and takes an odd style for Marth to **** Luigi. However, when the style is played correctly, it's 7:3 easy.

If a Marth plays you like he plays every other character, it's much easier to punish and the such. 6:4 no doubt.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Talkin' to me?

No, every Marth around here knows the matchup. We don't have many Marth's, but the one's we do have a very good.
very good =/= know the matchup
see ADHD vs Atomsk's Luigi, it's the only example I have but it's a good one lmao

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
The reason I have an easier time with MK is because I spam fireballs a whole whole bunch and MK can't swat them away. I sorta use them to force tornados when I know I can punish.

Also note this doesn't by any stretch mean I beat MKs LOL. It just means I do way better against them than Marth players I come across. At genesis typh counterpicked marth against my luigi and ***** me, and he doesn't even main marth... the matchup is just too hard for me.

Top Bottom