• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
its already probably over now, but so what if he used someone else's guide as a guide for his own guide(confusing?)

he's not doing it for personal gain like you would at school, he's doing it to spread the love and help us weeg's out, so get down off your high horse and **** off (compulsory obscenity)

and sorry for letting luigi boards down in every way possible that mankind can give you.

no way hippie, we all love you and those silly marth mains are always trying to act more like marth then themselves, I say we laugh at them instead of the other way round.

also LK, what is this green missile di you speak off, just use your fastest aerial and then uncharge side b?

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Its not DI, its just momentum cancelling luke. Pretty much as soon as you're hit mash -> A then immediately start mashing B for the green missile as soon as you see your fair come out. It just stops your momentum like a toned down bucket break. Very very handy when you're trying to survive off the side.

Also YoshQ, at genesis there was this D3 in my pool, so I just asked him if he was going to infinite me, and he didn't really know how, so he didn't. Also most D3 mains won't do it out of respect unless you're a complete random. So far I've been infinited 0 times in tournament.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
Its not DI, its just momentum cancelling luke. Pretty much as soon as you're hit mash -> A then immediately start mashing B for the green missile as soon as you see your fair come out. It just stops your momentum like a toned down bucket break. Very very handy when you're trying to survive off the side.
that is so ****!
theres so much good stuff here I dont know or havnt picked up yet, I really should start working on my luigi alot more

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
Where in the world are these d3 mains? Every d3 main I've come across does it because they're playing to WIN.
If you go up against a D3 player you know is going to infinite you, just go Falco. I guess it just hasn't been a problem for me since there are no D3s in Washington and the only times I've ever came across them OoS they either didn't know how to do it properly or didn't do it out of respect.

I guess I'll stay out of the debate until I get ***** by said infinite =/

that is so ****!
theres so much good stuff here I dont know or havnt picked up yet, I really should start working on my luigi alot more
Yeah! I really wish I could have played you at Genesis, because that was the one opportunity for it to happen and they had a severe lack of setups. I think the one time you saw me play I was still shaking off massive 16 hour drive sleep deprivation. Oh well though, thats life :(

WIGI

Smash Champion
yayy "combo"vid should be up tonight. just adding music.. i could care less about fancy editing. it doesn't effect the pure **** that happens in the video. might add some text on some parts that explains what im doing like

"patients"
"distraction"
"mindgames"
"Useing the stage"
"tauntrape"

GET ONLINE NOW while my music torrent downloads.

WIGI

Smash Champion
srry wii overheated. anyways good games.

and i was kinda surprised i taunt spiked during the frist match after not playing for so long.. actually.. wait no im not surprised. fun games tho.. you ahve a very similar playstyle as me.. witch is scary. but i know the timing of the taunt too well so you can't get me =]

Icyo

Smash Ace
you ahve a very similar playstyle as me
Yeah funny storry about my playstyle in Luigi dittos. I think

is a pretty cool pokemon and it just so happens that I'm like him in
dittos
by copying the playstyle of my opponent.

I bet chic would say the same thing.

TreK

Is "that guy"
omgeee
I thought I was the only one bad enough to mess up the crawldashes facing left XDXD

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
nah i actually go slightly less distance when i do left, but MUCH better when i do it right, idk why i thought it was because im a righty person, but sometimes i fight better when im facing right better than left and some other situations etc.. but if you play ALOT of MvC, SF, BB, you wont have the problem with left/right

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
to all Luigi players who lose to Marths who UpB out of jab cancels: Powershield right after the jab. It works, just saw a vid of Boss calling it out on a Marth player, then got an easy UpB for the KO.

So yea, jab to bait the UpB, powershield it, then UpB. Do it until they stop UpBing, then you can jab cancel easily. Keep your eyes open for when they UpB out of jabs, and when they play safe.This makes landing stuff much easier.

The match-up can still suck my nuts though, ****.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
I know some people knew, but a ton of Marths were *****ing about Marth UpB-ing out of jab cancels. They need to stop taking the d***.

o wait, marth is still a balls hard match-up, nvm.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
I think marth is way harder than MK actually T.T

MK is pretty easy to figure out on stage, granted you get gimped like a mofo, but smart recovery sorta helps the low low low % gimps. I think I figured out the MK matchup on flat stages with luigi, but I won't know for real until my next tourney I guess.

Marth is still a flaming homo though. Gaaa.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
LOL flaming homo too good.

marth is alot easier to combo imo and easier to get in though.

and here's productive discussion, do you guys roll or even use it? l HARDLY ever use it, but l watched top players in tourney roll in some circumstances and helped a few, and boss rolls sometimes too but manages to get unpunished. So what's your thought's on rolling in general, for luigi y'all?

WIGI

Smash Champion
so my vid is done.. but i ahve to reinstall premier in order to export..so should be next couple days. the video is reallyl funny and awesome.

Top Bottom