• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
If MK is banned I guarantee Luigi will place better. Snake isn't bad at all and Marth can be counterpicked. Just my two cents.

Also D3 is Luigi favor without the infinite, and the infinite is sorta harder to do than you would think, so don't worry about him in the slightest. And G&W can be learned. I didn't believe polmex but I've started to figure out the little black 2d man and it gets easier every time.

Suspect

Smash Hero
a good D3 will **** a luigi once off stage, so saying the matchup is even without the infinite...just isnt true imo. It's even when on stage and not getting infinited...lol

and g&w? Hylian told me that boss doesnt even like that matchup..

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
As long as Lui players rep. Lui to the best then hey, he'll get up there. But in all honesty, even if Luigi players show hard MUs are winnable, the highest he'll go will prob. be high C and/or low B. But hey that's better than nothing right. :)

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
If MK is banned I guarantee Luigi will place better. Snake isn't bad at all and Marth can be counterpicked. Just my two cents.

Also D3 is Luigi favor without the infinite, and the infinite is sorta harder to do than you would think, so don't worry about him in the slightest. And G&W can be learned. I didn't believe polmex but I've started to figure out the little black 2d man and it gets easier every time.
It's eh not that, snake is gonna be the next character in the game. So of course a whole **** load of legit counters will be out, esp Olimar yeayuhzz. But then comes Marths, D3s, Snakes and **** like that baaaaaah it even hurts my head lolz. Snake is bad because it makes Hippie emo.

infinites to the most are banned now in most states iirc, maybe except florida lmao <3Polmex. so l dont need to worry about it imo, you just gotta worry about getting owned offstage and grabbed is all. but its still 6/4 imo in d3's favor

a good D3 will **** a luigi once off stage, so saying the matchup is even without the infinite...just isnt true imo. It's even when on stage and not getting infinited...lol

and g&w? Hylian told me that boss doesnt even like that matchup..
Thats mad sus lol

And I second this completely. That's how D3 also gets his damage up on his foes.

Diddy? Oh, and I completely agree :).
mad hard to learn, deep learning curve if you wanna get good , and hard to get out of the first auto pilot state -.-. and he still gets wrecked by Snake early lol.

Luigi is a viable character. The thing is he has large disadvantages against some top tier characters. (MK, Marth, GW, and D3 with infinite) On the other hand, Luigi can fight most characters in the game and is a viable CP to certain characters. Luigi is actually a very reliable CP again 3 of the top 10 characters in the game (Wario, Diddy, and Olimar). The only problem is that sometimes 1/4 of a tourney is MK which can halt the use of Luigi. ADHD thinks that Luigi can possibly be high tier and it makes sense.
that's cus ADHD been ***** by like luigis already but yeah l get what you mean lol.

BigLøu

Smash Lord
ddd *** ***** luigi even without the infite, its pretty sad actually how luigi can do absolutely nuthing to back air

Suspect

Smash Hero
lmao, i remember i had a avatar of some chicks sexy ***...no thong just a regular bikini bottom...REMOVED. i was salty

TreK

Is "that guy"
My avatar should've been removed long ago, it's too sexy <3
Roy <3

<3

dentedglass said:
ddd *** ***** luigi even without the infite, its pretty sad actually how luigi can do absolutely nuthing to back air
we can powershield it ;D
but yeah, offstage DDD just has to fastfall a bair, kthxggsbye one stock gone D=

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Uncle was just too good. You even got the chant Hippie. lol.

But hey, how does Luigi fair against Falco. I think 45/55 Falco's favor. As long as we look out for the SHDL Lui has a chance of takin' him down. Wat you guyz think?

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
More than likely because of the priority he has. But don't forget, Lui ahs quite some priority as well, so I think Lui can hold up against Falco 1v1. The most annoying thing to come out of this MU i think, would be the nuetral A Falco has to keep Lui away from close range.

If I'm not mistaken, can Lui be CGed by Falco? Sorry for the dumb question but I haven't played my Lui against any Falco's so I wouldn't know.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Stat wise we're similar : high priority, lacking range ; but Falco's projectile game is much much better and he can negate ours with his shine, making it HARD to approach. That would have made the matchup real painful if we couldn't kill 70% earlier than him. It's still a campfest, but nothing that hard.
We both can gimp each other really well, don't screw up as it would negate our only advantage =/

And no, we can't be cg'd by falco because we can nair him before the regrab by DIing it, but he can use his gatling combo out of his dthrow at low % to deal a guaranteed 30%, we still must avoid getting grabbed =/

I couldn't say an accurate ratio, as it mostly depends on the stage. I ban JJ against Falcos, because even if we can't get CGed, we usualy kill to the top and that just isn't possible on JJ ._.

/Trek, bored.

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Once you get past the camping, it's pretty easy. But landing kills and getting past the camping is pretty difficult. Most matches I've played against Falcos go down to the wire. I win most though, because we can kill Falco at dumb early percents.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
NO, everything we thought about Falco and the chaingrab are definitely wrong.

If they do it properly, even if you DI and nair immediately, what happens is you hit them with Nair but they still grab you. Its a lot harder than you would think, but if you are good enough you can make it a very poor trade off for Falco, but he can still chaingrab -> spike you.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
but marth can be beat right cause if you think about it that sword gives him lead way and weegee is light so that is a problem thank you now i know wat to work on.

TreK

Is "that guy"

If they do it properly, even if you DI and nair immediately, what happens is you hit them with Nair but they still grab you. Its a lot harder than you would think, but if you are good enough you can make it a very poor trade off for Falco, but he can still chaingrab -> spike you.
zomg
didn't knew that
gah I hate chaingrab
I just learnt DDD could shield-chaingrab us as well

bad day D=

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1

Really? Okay, I thought I just sucked XD.

NEO was using different characters against me to help me develop a universal style, and I thought I could DI away from the grabs, but no matter how hard I tried, he got me got. I occasionally n-aired out of it thanks to lag.

CR4SH

Smash Lord
Falco chaingrab. Hold back and tap cstick forward. It's very hard for falco to time a chain grab precisely enough to get more than a couple grabs before he eats a fair. Better than nair for this in my experience.

Hey guys, I have a local tournament tomorrow, finally a tournament without beastly pros walking around. This time around I have a really good chance to win, since my doubles partner (aka, the biggest threat) is going all the way with his secondary. Sadly it's ddd so I'll have to diddy kong him, but wish me luck on getting a tourny win with the L.

Also, I might have vids recorded from it, so look forward to that.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Falco chaingrab. Hold back and tap cstick forward. It's very hard for falco to time a chain grab precisely enough to get more than a couple grabs before he eats a fair. Better than nair for this in my experience.

Hey guys, I have a local tournament tomorrow, finally a tournament without beastly pros walking around. This time around I have a really good chance to win, since my doubles partner (aka, the biggest threat) is going all the way with his secondary. Sadly it's ddd so I'll have to diddy kong him, but wish me luck on getting a tourny win with the L.

Also, I might have vids recorded from it, so look forward to that.
Good luck.

bsticking is fun
I'm assuming you were pretty bored Hippie when u made that post earlier. lol

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
its my birthday so :p

for the falco matchup, pick small stages, and gimp his recovery well. I like approaching with crawl into tornado.

its probably 55-45 falco, not 60-40 since sometimes falco has problems killing

AGuyNamedRaf

Smash Journeyman
its my birthday so :p

for the falco matchup, pick small stages, and gimp his recovery well. I like approaching with crawl into tornado.

its probably 55-45 falco, not 60-40 since sometimes falco has problems killing
Happy Birthday!

I still stand by what I said about 60-40. Falco's camping skill makes him extremely hard to approach.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
D3 can CG or infinite us AND falco can CG us guys lol. D3's is very frame restricted and so is Falco's. Falco<s however we can nair out after 3 grabs, 2nd one he gets grab armor but takes the damage anyway (if he grabbed with perfect timing).

I think Luigi-Falco is 50-50 vs an all-around Falco, 55-45 Falco for a very campy Falco.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Falco also has a down throw to down air and then regrab...seems to work well vs Luigi. Just make sure you play on small stages and read his forward b's/b's

On another note

800 posts....

YEAHHHHHH

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
if you fight falco, maybe you can eat his lasers in beginning of the match until you get 40%? lmao ive done it before XDDDD

d3's needs to do his perfect frame or something to CG us, but not many D3s do it or not know it. or at least here in NY lol.

falco imo is 5/5 or 55:45 goes either way but more favor in Falco mostly stage dependent, occasionally 6/4 but that's like mostly japes and pushing it. pretty much falco has to resort to spacing and camping. i dont even think you guys did the falco MU on their board with me, except maybe 1 or 2 people lol.

oh and happy bday koro, stop sucking in that Fatal Five Vs KoB crew war on wifi in neoseeker <333333

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Happy to the Birthday Koro, hope you had a good one.

I think stages to CP Falco would prob. be Siege Castle b/c of the shifting stages. They limit the CG, lasers, and make it easy for Lui to approach. Another would be Yoshi's Island cause it disrupts the CG and seeing as itz small stage an eye poker(Lui fsmash) would kill him rather quickly. Not to mention you can accurately predict the Falco Phantasm b/c of the limited options for Falco recover and get aways b/c of the stage size.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
if you fight falco, maybe you can eat his lasers in beginning of the match until you get 40%? lmao ive done it before XDDDD

d3's needs to do his perfect frame or something to CG us, but not many D3s do it or not know it. or at least here in NY lol.

falco imo is 5/5 or 55:45 goes either way but more favor in Falco mostly stage dependent, occasionally 6/4 but that's like mostly japes and pushing it. pretty much falco has to resort to spacing and camping. i dont even think you guys did the falco MU on their board with me, except maybe 1 or 2 people lol.

oh and happy bday koro, stop sucking in that Fatal Five Vs KoB crew war on wifi in neoseeker <333333
I blame the heavy lag and the fact that we had such a lead that it didn't matter....also why you snooping around so much :p

also...nooooooooooooo at boss

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
When fighting Falco, I usually just set my handicap to 38% lolol.

Uh... Boss is leaving...? k.

Top Bottom