• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
You two should take every opportunity to get your opponents off stage, both Diddy and Luigi are beast off stage.

Naner lock to upb.
Glide toss to upb.
Diddy's sideb to your up b
all of those plus tilted fsmash

Use fireballs and bananas to control the air and the ground.

The only problem, there is no one to hold stocks. Avoid any and all damage as you are both made of glass.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Inorite.

Yeah good input though, diddy grabs like a beast. But l'm also considering a D3 >_> then theres a whole personal player conflict that l don't want to discuss in public lol. D3/Luigi feels like life just got lighter due to Snake not being persistent or sorta >_>.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Dthrow is the best double combo setup in the game.
Dthrow to anything.
DDD also lives the longest with DI.
you can also hit DDDs minions to unstale your moves.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=237961
I'm just recently becoming more accustomed to singles play but if there's anything I know it's doubles. King Dedede can be a serious threat in doubles if played correctly. In doubles there are usually two types of players: the dominant player, who goes for all the kills and likes to take people 1-on-1, and the support player, who distracts the other teammate while their partner is getting mercilessly edge guarded or follows their own teammate's movements in order to set up team combos. King Dedede is in my mind one of the top support doubles characters in the game. His grabs are easy set ups for team combos and also get your opponent's teammate out of the way when you want a chance to edge guard or team combo more effectively.

Here's some rules to live by:

1. You should always chaingrab in doubles if given the chance.
King Dedede's chaingrab is his best asset. Instead of not using it as much, adapt to the chaos doubles breeds and use it to your advantage. Chaingrab right into your teammate who can then hit them for you allowing you to follow up making a devastating team combo. Don't forget that the F Throw and B Throw are extremely fast and hit everyone in the radius of your hammer. If you are chaingrabbing someone and their teammate comes to save the day, throw their own partner at them. Chances are they'll get hit by the throw animation, their own teammate, or both.
2. D Throw is the best move in the game for setting up team combos.
If you didn't know before reading this, King Dedede's U Tilt has invincibility frames on it. This allows you to do amazing things with your partner to rack up damage as well as get early kills. All you need to do is D Throw, have your partner space enough away and time an attack that sends the opponent right back at you. When the opponent is shot back, use the U Tilt. If timed correctly you will have successfully chained three moves together, all powerful, racking up a ton of damage sending them sky high, usually to their deaths. My favorite set up is a D Throw into a Metaknight D Smash right back into an U Tilt of your own. It is not only cool looking but so fast that you can perform it regularly during your match! Try it for yourself!
3. You are big so stay out of giant cluster ****s or you will be eating a ton of damage.
King Dedede plays the support card really well. However, he can become a burden if up against a Metaknight who really likes to edge guard. Try to team with someone who can prevent you from getting mercilessly team comboed which King Dedede is subject to due to his large size. Teams at a high level is just organized chaos. Try to play the tank role and just stay alive throwing your opponents into fully charged smashes.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lol, Crash. You know I'd hug you but this is the internet so I can't =(.

BTW PX, I STOLE YOUR LITTLE MM LIST IDEA FOR TEH SIGGY IF THAT'S KEWL WITH YOU KTHX<3.

I hate having to bail on people for a cool character but ugh >_>.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
k so dunno if you nikkuhs been reading and shiznit but like, locuan has landed his destination named " NYC" and hes making up plans for a tourney this saturday and if he manages to find the venue tonight safely and easily and if he finds a GC controller, WE'LL BE ****ING TEAMMING AND ****** TOURNEY TMR YEAYUHZ.

PR meets USA. Meta-game change plzz?

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
PR Peaches are beast. Bring up the mid tiers, bring out the diversity.

A PR peach in teams with a PR DDD beat Inui and Atmosk, with Inui and Atomsk both having to go MK and MK, while they stays DDD and Peach.

Famous

Smash Champion
lol. i teammed with locuan and did bad i blame my fault and my poor morale fml

but otherwise its meh tourney didnt rly rep luigi much sadly

mostly was in it for low tiers
Meh, don't get discouraged too much...**** happens

I should know...I'm about to miss another tourney over bs but it's all good <.<

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
lol. i teammed with locuan and did bad i blame my fault and my poor morale fml

but otherwise its meh tourney didnt rly rep luigi much sadly

mostly was in it for low tiers

You gotta survive Hippy!

I was alive two stocks by the time you were out :urg: train your DI more and spacing dude it's key.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lol that was a terrible story hippie.
fine. On the other hand, l 2-0'd a Kirby with pure trash talking mindgames. I think Locuan was watching it.. not sure.. but srsly.. stuff like " yo nikkuh imma first dair nair you then lyke, upb you nah nah, *** that im jk imma go for fsmash you". It's so beautiful.. but it didn't work on Atomsk in low tier singles ahahah kirin said so too

Meh, don't get discouraged too much...**** happens

I should know...I'm about to miss another tourney over bs but it's all good <.<
yeah l know.. if you had aim or if you really want it.. l'll copy paste the convo l had with Matador.. if l can retrieve it.. too lazy to repeat ****.. will make a full blown story later.. unless Kirin put that **** in a lockdown.. so blergh.

You gotta survive Hippy!

I was alive two stocks by the time you were out :urg: train your DI more and spacing dude it's key.
lol it wasn't even that, and most people that l play can vouch l have Ally status DI, like l said l just really blame my low morale for our matchs honestly.. l mean call it johns or whatever.. but as they say.. a mentality means alot when your in tourney scene.. and my morale was just hurt from my low tier dubz.. rly disappointed and it got best of me in our dubz.. and the fact it made me unfocused in fighting a Snake which I had him for sure in a lockdown.. but whatever.. johns or not.. but otherwise, IM TERRIBLY SORRY LOCUAN.. for wasting your cash and time and ****.. I swear l had at least that double marth ditto on my d!ck on a lockdown if l didn't take sucha bad risk and a random dash attack.. Your a great player (and probably a better luigi then me but not in mindgames? ;) ) l loved how you can rack up damage and live extremely long.. l just didn't do my role quite well enough so again much sorryo if that's correct language lol..

wario, olimar, D3, G&W....
pretty much this lol. luigi is beast in dubz which is why i love doing dubz.

again, ill make a full story on tourney if im not lazy.. but i honestly didnt use luigi much cept for like 1 or 2 MMs and that's it lol. I wanted my Mario to shine at least for once..

Locuan

D&D Obsessed
BRoomer
hippiedude92 said:
lol it wasn't even that, and most people that l play can vouch l have Ally status DI, like l said l just really blame my low morale for our matchs honestly.. l mean call it johns or whatever.. but as they say.. a mentality means alot when your in tourney scene.. and my morale was just hurt from my low tier dubz.. rly disappointed and it got best of me in our dubz.. and the fact it made me unfocused in fighting a Snake which I had him for sure in a lockdown.. but whatever.. johns or not.. but otherwise, IM TERRIBLY SORRY LOCUAN.. for wasting your cash and time and ****.. I swear l had at least that double marth ditto on my d!ck on a lockdown if l didn't take sucha bad risk and a random dash attack.. Your a great player (and probably a better luigi then me but not in mindgames? ) l loved how you can rack up damage and live extremely long.. l just didn't do my role quite well enough so again much sorryo if that's correct language lol..
Lol no prob man, I had fun, (well to much heat and to many people in that store made it ugh...)

BTW, yes you have better mindgames probably lol.

I've only been 1 year in the smash scene and mentality is key its so hard to work with really but one has to go around it.

Also, I had the idea that the US smash scene people would be better than in PR, but at least in yesterday's tournament (apart from NL, and others) it was basically what I've scene in PR. I also had the idea I would learn a bit more from matchups, and it was surprising that with a character that I picked up two weeks ago (Peach), and you were witness, I lost like two or three times only in friendly singles/teams. But, either way, work on what you need to work with and next time hopefully we can kick some ***.

On a side note, I hate the Kirby matchup...

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
lol Locuan xD. Thanks for understanding how I feel, low tier dubz disappointment just really got best of me and **** but otherwise l had fun doing friendlies in dubz with you against Lucario and that MK XD. Our Peach/luigi and Mario bros was just awesome. I don't know if you saw me, but l think you saw me play against Allied's Kirby in a MM no? XD. I'm hoping you did because, trash talking is mindgames lol.

Aha, srsly, US scene is just bunch of mother****ing campers =(. I saw you wrecking in friendlies that peach was just looking tight as hell man. I'm hoping you really had a great time and the travel for it was worth it though it was a sausagefest lol, when you come back for NY, this time I'll def do my part of the job ;)

Top Bottom