• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

AGuyNamedRaf

Smash Journeyman
Well, I think that it's necessary. One would think that ATs would have developed by now to counter Metaknight, when all the current ATs have done is make it HARDER to fight MK.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Having him banned would be nice, but it won't happen. I mean look at the tournaments ppl have been in and have beaten MKs. That fact alone just says that MK will remain playable always in tournaments.

But enough about this topic b/c it'll just start some arguments and unnecessary talk.

In the Snake MU, Snake wins 7/3 as Hippie said. He has all the tools to keep Lui at bay. He can camp, has the power, and can minegame pretty well (depending on the player).

The annoying tilts and nades just renders all of Lui's approaches down the drain and the Lui player has to worry more about not getting tilted rather than the nades that explode everywhere.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
You can't even tornado to get in cause of the nades. Itz like u have to mix up everything to even hope to get some damage on him.

The good thing though is that u can d-throw-->utilt and/or some air combo action. For a bit until he reaches high percentages.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Lui's up-B is like the life saver in his moveset. Once you get it, itz like thank you God I got it. Then you get a little motivation to keep on fighting because you took off a stock like that.

But yeah, up-Bing in even the worst match-ups leaves room for come-backs always. Even against Snake. lol

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
snake is NOT as bad as marth/MK. 7-3? dont make me laugh

i cant post anymore because my comp is virused. but i can tell you that snake is one of the matchups where u-throw is actually useful

bye luigi boards :(

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Even w/ the up-throw, wat else is there to taking Snake out. I'm sure there are, but it'll be very difficult to do seeing as Snake has so many counters against Lui.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero

i cant post anymore because my comp is virused. but i can tell you that snake is one of the matchups where u-throw is actually useful

ill make you laugh you HOMOBEAST!

hippie is only emo because hes been getting wrecked and ftilted and utilted in the d!ck far too much by snake lately which is why hippie believes 7/3. i mean, wow its a REALLY good GTFO tool ._.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Snake just has all the tools to screw up every approach and then take adavantage of the situation.

I kno how ya feel Hippie.

Kev!

Smash Journeyman

THIS.

I'll miss you Zhao <3 =(

If MK is banned Luigi all of a sudden becomes very viable imo.
Not necessarily, we still have a whole buffet of **** waiting for us, including Marf, D3, Snake, G&W, IC's, etc.

ill make you laugh you HOMOBEAST!

hippie is only emo because hes been getting wrecked and ftilted and utilted in the d!ck far too much by snake lately which is why hippie believes 7/3. i mean, wow its a REALLY good GTFO tool ._.
HE'S NOT HOMO!

We're just curious. XD

I still believe it's 6-4, watch my games vs Dom, I learned a lot about the matchup playing him. Don't give up. You just Have to be better at GTFI'ing (lol) exploit every second you Are in to the max.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
STILL HOMO

but nah still mad love to u baby zhao, he aint gonna be on comp so like, nuggahs gonna pm him if u wanna chat with him and **** =[

besides that, im looking for a counter against snake/d3/mk/and maybe gaw if he ever shows up in a tourny here lol

im a loser for giving up and looking for the easy way =[

BigLøu

Smash Lord
I think snake luigi is no more then 6-4 snakes favor if that. Kill ing early and comboing to like 50ish is soo good.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
Well as a counter against those characters Hippie, you may wanna pick-up Snake. He has all the tools to combating MK, GaW, Snake (lol), and D3.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
d3 is snake's worst matchup and alot shown here in ny/nj

wtf u smoking son.

i want a character that can handle THOSE just ONE CHARACTER, not 2 characters, WAY too much time and effort for me cus im sick of getting my *** handed by snakes and d3s, but not mks, havent fought one IN THE LONGEST lol.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Marsulas said:
If MK is banned Luigi all of a sudden becomes very viable imo.
If MK gets banned, marth and snake will more than probably dominate...
So better yep, more viable I don't think so.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
even though i dont main MK hes to easy to use and any noob can get good with him im not trying to offend anyone but to play with true skill use a low tier character and win some turneys thats my goal and luigi should be in Atier but this ban should separate the men from the boy and then now every one is going to b using snake then if he gets banned its going to be wario and so on and so forth so i cant wait for my next turney with my weegee. :)

Suspect

Smash Hero
snake has only a slight advantage against weegee...

marth is the one who has like a 200:0 against him...

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
marths are easy but i played terrible ones lmao. just outspace bait and powershield and predict. easy as cake. but i play bad marth soooooo >.>.

play a little NEO on wifi. *points to YoshQ*

you do know that some tourneys have the choice to ban him or not, its just SBR recommendation thing and also people might not show up to tourney so instead of having 100 players at the tourney and 70 of em are mk players, only 30 will show up now.

juts sayion

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Luigi is a viable character. The thing is he has large disadvantages against some top tier characters. (MK, Marth, GW, and D3 with infinite) On the other hand, Luigi can fight most characters in the game and is a viable CP to certain characters. Luigi is actually a very reliable CP again 3 of the top 10 characters in the game (Wario, Diddy, and Olimar). The only problem is that sometimes 1/4 of a tourney is MK which can halt the use of Luigi. ADHD thinks that Luigi can possibly be high tier and it makes sense.

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
He can but as I said, he can get up there only if players place well with him at tournies. Otherwise he'll just stay where he is.

Top Bottom