• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Luigi Social Thread

Kev!

Smash Journeyman
everyone hates on samboner. when was the last time you guys played him or watched him play.
Quit being such a fanboi. he's good on AiB, true, but that doesn't quite qualify as proof of skill. Wxpect us to recognize his talent when he starts winning offline events, or even showing up, for that matter.

Boss is better than him. JBand is better than him. Odds are Hippie and I are probably as good as him, and I don't even plys Luigi in vB anymore, except for friendlies.

I'm not hatin' or trying to be an ***, just trying to explain why we're never impressed when you mention him...

Seriously. No hate.

exdia_16

Smash Journeyman
so the discussion is gotta be fearless i have some stuff to share like i like to take risk and most of the time its a high possibility that the risk im taking is going to work at least 70% to 30% ratio and i will share one in a turney i was playing weegee *like always* and MK was playing with me i was at 127% and he was at 89% perfect firing range but he was on a ledge on yoshi's island and the platform tilted to the right so i short hop Dair to FF to dodge AND I DID that about 3 or 4 time then the platform tilted back to the left and then i did my little short hop to dair to FF the no dodge i did it one more time and then but this time i risked a Down smash from MK i SH to Up B and he was laughing because i took that risk i was FEARLESS and he was amazed at wat happen with weegee and mario i take big risk and i am i better player beause of it. thats wat i got to say about this GD AND TO ALL THE WEEGEE PLAYER WHO HAVE GIVEN UP HOPE ON WEEGEE PLEASE STICK WITH HIM IT WILL PAY OFF TRUST ME I KNOW I PLAN ON BEATING BOSS AND FAMOUS SOME TIME SOON AND WILL TAKE THAT RISK FOR I AM FEARLESS.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

Also if samboner was any good at all he would prove it. Some wifi pros prove it afterwords (like ally) but most end up being terrible. If sam was good he would have proven it by now.
Agreed.

But... why the hate on Sam? He never claimed to be amazing, he doesn't really deserve that. He's just playing wi-fi... nothing serious.

LuigiKing

Smash Lord
No sam hate here. I'm just saying he isn't "pro" is all. Its moar sam fanboy hate. He could be the coolest guy ever for all I know, I'm just saying don't take wifi players seriously.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
No sam hate here. I'm just saying he isn't "pro" is all. Its moar sam fanboy hate. He could be the coolest guy ever for all I know, I'm just saying don't take wifi players seriously.
So you don't take hippie seriously? </3 lol j/k, most of you knew l wifi'd like a beast then took it to the streets and prove i'm not super wifi player =(. I'm still completely Boss/Biglou/and more so Famous fanboi.

wall of lol.

lol idk wtf you just said. But l think you have to stop smoking weed or something lmao. Oh.. and the discussion isn't always based on title.. based on anything lol...

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
I think Lui doesn't see much play because he doesn't have a lot of versatility in his playstyle. If you look at the tier list you can see that most of the big guyz have a lot to offer.

Like Snake can spam, has kill power, mindgamez, and projectiles. Olimar: good pivot grab (grab range in general), spam, good kill power, and projectile use with Pikmen toss which can deflect annoying naners and the like.

Also wat makes Lui not likely to be played is his switch from range to close combat. Lui only has one ranged atk. which is the fireballs but even that alone doesn't give Lui players the flexibility needed to approach and defend when necessary against certain match-ups. Mostly Lui does his damage up close and its hard to keep in close when opponents have characters who can get away, recompose themselves at a distance, and then come in to do close quarters fighting.

At least thatz why I see Lui not being played often.

TreK

Is "that guy"
No. Luigi is not played because he's doing evil plans behind his brother's back to take over the world and few people are allowed to know of it, thus the bad tourney results and the seemingly awful marth, mk, ddd, insert10othercharacters matchups. But don't worry, when the time comes you will surrender under Luigi's overwhelming power, just like everyone else, and join a luigi bandwagon \o/

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
lol.

Lui iz one with me Teneban. The force iz strong within me which iz why he chose me to be is player.

May the misfires be with you my Lui comradez. lol

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Things I do:

I run the King DDD video thread.
I troll Brawl Testicle
And I am a TO in Florida, moving to Virgina.

I'm most known for this quote

You just have to spam the right things back.
Spam about how great Donkey Kong is.
Spam how right their playstyle is for Donkey Kong.
Spam how they should main Donkey Kong.
Then Pick King DDD.
So yeah, I'm probably the guy who dthrowed you.

Unless you mean my avatar, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpn9NfcT8H4

Buuuuuut yeah. Luigi is beast.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Hey guys.

In case none of you have noticed (probably only Hippiedude and Ramazaki have noticed btw), I think I 2nd Luigi.

So in tournament....I guess I'm going Mario Bros + G&W. I guess I should call my dudes the "Gallery Bros"

So basically all I do is do the lame Boss impersonation. D-air camp like a *** and throw out a random Tornado to trip you up. And I Up-B randomly to punish dodges and stuff.

I should hit one of you guys up for some dittos.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Things I do:

I run the King DDD video thread.
I troll Brawl Testicle
And I am a TO in Florida, moving to Virgina.

I'm most known for this quote

So yeah, I'm probably the guy who dthrowed you.

Unless you mean my avatar, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wpn9NfcT8H4

Buuuuuut yeah. Luigi is beast.
Lol for some reason l knew that xD l just knew l heard your name before.. But excuse for lack of introduction and ****.. and the sad inactivity for our board for a while.. Usually l'd hate all D3 mains (except Leo aka Basic Sausage<3) but it's all cool aha..

Anyways, pretty sure you know how things work obv, like Q/A what not or just ask here. Our board seems to be in dark ages for some reason in it's inactive state idk why, but lm sure it'll be out of it soon. I do know the back room is somewhat abit more active. And you know the guides are there so rawr. But welcome to our board.

Hey guys.

In case none of you have noticed (probably only Hippiedude and Ramazaki have noticed btw), I think I 2nd Luigi.

So in tournament....I guess I'm going Mario Bros + G&W. I guess I should call my dudes the "Gallery Bros"

So basically all I do is do the lame Boss impersonation. D-air camp like a *** and throw out a random Tornado to trip you up. And I Up-B randomly to punish dodges and stuff.

I should hit one of you guys up for some dittos.
YOU ASIAN. Yeah another luigi in the west coast area yay <3

Yeah, MD/VA...Either way, your going to run into both of us if your moving to Virginia.
Pretty much listen to this lol. As soon l ****ing hit 18 years old, your gonna ****ing feed me when l drop down to MD/VA

On a another note.. I may have discovered a few tidbits, idk if it's known, but its like a green missle cancel.. already recording the vid as we speak

iDeo

Smash Journeyman
I'm just curious on how to approach Wario with Lui. One thing I figure to use the fireballs to keep him from jumpin' so much even though Wario players are gonna do it anyway, lol.

Also I think that spamming Lui's bair from the side is another approach that can limit Wario's from doing dair seeing as Wario players try to get close enough to where the last hit of the dair connects.

Wat other tips do u guyz have on takin' on Wario with Lui?

.Marik

is a social misfit
Wigi! We need to Luigi ditto at the 'Suaga Outbreak Tournament, I think my Luigi ***** now. I'm going to start using him in Tournaments. :D

PoisonMist is really good though. :V

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Other people need you!

DarkWarCloud has opened up the Training Grounds. What this is is a place for new players to learn who plays what characters all in a simple thread so that they can contact said person to "teach" them the basics. As of right now, we only have a handful of "teachers" for a few characters and we need more! This is where you come in. Anyone who is skilled with your characters (any character) and has the free time to teach someone how to either: Teach the basics of the game in general and/or teach specific character(s), go in the thread and either post or PM DarkWarCloud with your information (Format is in the thread) where you may possibly be contacted by someone who wants to learn. The future of smash lies in your hands.

On the other hand, if you wish to learn, go to the thread also!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241698

TreK

Is "that guy"
Could you teach me how to **** Diddy ?

I have ****loads of exp in this matchup... Just... Only on the diddy side =/
...Knowing only what doesn't work doesn't help at winning a match.
And since there's like 20 times more Diddies than Luigis, I feel I'm doing it wrong xD

zhao_guang

Smash Lord
NNID
zhaoguang1
Could you teach me how to **** Diddy ?

I have ****loads of exp in this matchup... Just... Only on the diddy side =/
...Knowing only what doesn't work doesn't help at winning a match.
And since there's like 20 times more Diddies than Luigis, I feel I'm doing it wrong xD
Take note of whatever works against you when someone plays Luigi against your Diddy and implement it into your game.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
I'm just curious on how to approach Wario with Lui. One thing I figure to use the fireballs to keep him from jumpin' so much even though Wario players are gonna do it anyway, lol.

Also I think that spamming Lui's bair from the side is another approach that can limit Wario's from doing dair seeing as Wario players try to get close enough to where the last hit of the dair connects.

Wat other tips do u guyz have on takin' on Wario with Lui?
PhantomX. If your reading, this, (lolnamesearch) this all you baby. Can't say much, never fought a wario before lol.

TreK

Is "that guy"
Take note of whatever works against you when someone plays Luigi against your Diddy and implement it into your game.
Well I haven't met any Luigi I didn't beat as Diddy for a couple months (edit : except WiGi cus if I don't note him he's going to **** me)... So stuff that works is rare :V
I play Diddies like the Luigis play against me, but that doesn't work against em just like it doesn't work against me.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I don't namesearch, hippiedude, I'm not that conceited :p

Luigi doesn't really have any good approaches on a camping Wario, aside from a well timed tornado, b/c his SHed moves, while fast, don't give him the move speed necessary.

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
Lies! YOU LIAR! YOU JUST PROVED THAT YOU DID BY COMING IN HERE </3.

ohey anyone got any input for luigi and diddy in teams? l'm about to team with one and some say they never even heard of this team but might be sick :3

Top Bottom